Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? (4657 Views)

‘Go And Prepare To Rerun In 2027’, Abiodun Tells Adebutu / Can Governor Wike Change His Children And Wife Name To Ikweres Not Igbo? / Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
I know its almost impossible but if the supreme court miraculously orders a total rerun in IMO state,can hope defeat ihedioha?

Mynd44
Kahal
Nosryk
Afamed
Gamelnasser
Ojiofor
Buharivsshekau
Xanderboy
Jubrilelsudan
Zoedew
Chukel
Guzel
Africonji
Topmaike
Kyase
Helinues
Abagworo
Meleszenawi
Udechid
Simplyleo
Respect
Cyberterror
Buhariadvocate
Swaggerific
References
Ngpatriot
Seunmsg
Esseite
Candygist
Commentor
Peacemaker
Adaibeku
Ekpeitit
Otuekong
Mrvitalis
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
U know the answer u hypocrite - HELL NO!!!

As I’ve told you, the best thing you can really do for Hope is to help impress upon him that if he had any self-respect he should resign. How can a person walk around not only knowing himself that he is a FRAUD, but knowing that everybody knows he is a FRAUD!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
I didnt invite you here,please vamoose
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
garfield1:

I didnt invite you here,please vamoose

So make me.
Why ask a hypocritical question u already know the answer to?!
A person whose party lost a recently held rerun in the same “stronghold” where he got 99.9% of the votes with 100+% voter turnouts!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
I’m not into politics at all, but here is what someone into Imo politics wrote (and u just know he is telling the truth):

Imo people did not vote for Hope. Hope didn't even campaign in Imo because of the APC crises between him and Rochas who was fronting his in-law, Uche Nwosu.

On the day of the election, Hope and some APC loyalists were lodged in a Hotel in Owerri writing results after INEC announced result. They brought the results and were compelling returning officer to announce but he refused that it was fake that even party reps have raised the alarm.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Kyase(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
With what's happening there(decamping), couple with his work rate, I think so.....
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
I’m not into politics, but here is what someone into Imo politics wrote (and u know he is right!):

Imo people didn't vote for Hope. Hope didn't even do campaign in Imo because of the APC crises between him and Rochas fronting his in law Uche Nwosu against APC wish.

On the day of the election, Hope and some APC loyalists were lodged in a Hotel in owerri writing results after INEC announced result. They brought the results and was compelling returning officer to announce but he refused that it's fake that even party reps have raised the alarm.

I would have loved to argue with you but you are unreasonable.anybody can come up with that,anybody can also claim that ihedioha wrote results and compelled the corrupt returning officer prof otunta to declare him despite not getting the two third spread.

You belong to pdp,even my little child can see that

4 Likes

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 11:15pm On Feb 09, 2020
Kyase:
With what's happening there(decamping), couple with his work rate, I think so.....
I purposely refused to answer the question but you are close to the answer.with araraume,nwosu and okorocha behind him even without federal might,nothing will stop him
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

As I’ve told you, the best thing you can really do for Hope is to help impress upon him that if he had any self-respect he should resign. How can a person walk around not only knowing himself that he is a FRAUD, but knowing that everybody knows he is a FRAUD!
So why did the other parties in the house of assembly decamped to his party?
Most of you don't know who your true enemies are.

Others are joining him daily.

2 Likes

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by kahal29: 11:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
There won't be any rerun in Imo. The Supreme Court judgement in Imo is final
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 11:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
I hope zo
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by PicLtd: 12:04am On Feb 10, 2020
Look at the list of people on his list of commentors, from whom he expects an objective response.

Most of them are rabid tribalists and sociopaths who lack capacity to contribute to meaningful discourse.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Splashme: 12:36am On Feb 10, 2020
The Supreme Court fumbled big time to have allowed itself to become a
willing tool for such obvious judicial fraud

Nobody in IMO state thinks Sen Hope genuinely won that election - none!
The man would lose woefully if a rerun

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 1:19am On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

I would have loved to argue with you but you are unreasonable.anybody can come up with that,anybody can also claim that ihedioha wrote results and compelled the corrupt returning officer prof otunta to declare him despite not getting the two third spread.

You belong to pdp,even my little child can see that

Me in PDP? Forbid bad thing! I don’t even like PDP, just that I like this SC judgment even less - because it has the potential to take away my right to have a say in who rules me.
BTW here is what YOU wrote - it dovetails nicely with what the guy I quoted was saying:

“It seems you didnt follow the imo elections well,i did.okorocha never supported hope,he supported his inlaw nwosu who contested under a.a.hope was like an orphan during the polls.”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Nobody: 4:54am On Feb 10, 2020
Good morning,hope will lose to the PDP candidate;
1.Igbo's detests APC
2.Hope and okorocha are both from IMO west,other zones are not happy
3.Imolites will vent their anger on hope because of the substandard roads okorocha built
------note hope is a stubborn man and he can dash money well

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 5:03am On Feb 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Me in PDP? Forbid bad thing! I don’t even like PDP, just that I like this SC judgment even less - because it has the potential to take away my right to have a say in who rules me.
BTW here is what YOU wrote - it dovetails nicely with what the guy I quoted was saying:

“It seems you didnt follow the imo elections well,i did.okorocha never supported hope,he supported his inlaw nwosu who contested under a.a.hope was like an orphan during the polls.”
Your understanding of issues is pure.the bolded happened during the polls last year.things have changed,rochas and hope are now friends
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 5:05am On Feb 10, 2020
Splashme:
The Supreme Court fumbled big time to have allowed itself to become a
willing tool for such obvious judicial fraud

Nobody in IMO state thinks Sen Hope genuinely won that election - none!
The man would lose woefully if a rerun
The supreme court followed the law correctly,nobody used it.
Ihedioha will only win in mbaise
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 5:12am On Feb 10, 2020
otuekong1:
Good morning,hope will lose to the PDP candidate;
1.Igbo's detests APC
2.Hope and okorocha are both from IMO west,other zones are not happy
3.Imolites will vent their anger on hope because of the substandard roads okorocha built
------note hope is a stubborn man and he can dash money well
Seems you forget too much.do i need to remind you of what happened in kogi ? Remember yahaya bello,uzodinma is exactly blessed with such electoral sagacity.
In a free and fair elections,your thoughts will likely occur but ofcourse the election wont be free,lets not hide it.apc will be fully involved,massive security deployment.thugs.ihedioha is wasting his time
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

Seems you forget too much.do i need to remind you of what happened in kogi ? Remember yahaya bello,uzodinma is exactly blessed with such electoral sagacity.
In a free and fair elections,your thoughts will likely occur but ofcourse the election wont be free,lets not hide it.apc will be fully involved,massive security deployment.thugs.ihedioha is wasting his time
IMO is not kogi
*imolites are more informed and determined compared to kogi
*PDP will definitely match APC with thug for thug
*inec will want to be fair cause all eyes will be looking
*The imolites I know will do anything and everything to defend their votes

mind you PDP lost kogi,because they were not strategic enough and they had snitch in their camps and lastly giving the ticket to someone from kogi east that has been ruling from the inception of the state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by helinues: 5:46am On Feb 10, 2020
Ihedioha has already been neglected/rejected by his own former party members..

He is a gonner

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by NGpatriot: 5:51am On Feb 10, 2020
Well, Ihedioha the green cap loser was rigged into office by colluding INEC and crooked and corrupt money induced tribunal, he did not even score the constitutionally required 2/3 votes, but God is good and I celebrate the victory of good over evil.

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by NGpatriot: 5:52am On Feb 10, 2020
otuekong1:

IMO is not kogi
*imolites are more informed and determined compared to kogi
*PDP will definitely match APC with thug for thug
*inec will want to be fair cause all eyes will be looking
*The imolites I know will do anything and everything to defend their votes

mind you PDP lost kogi,because they were not strategic enough and they had snitch in their camps and lastly giving the ticket to someone from kogi east that has been ruling from the inception of the state

What is this one saying..
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by chukel(m): 6:10am On Feb 10, 2020
Supreme court will throw out the case. However, to answer your question, Hope will win. These are the reasons.
1. Rochas still controls orlu zone. Rochas is with hope. Orlu zone definitely will want their own as governor. Orlu zone is in the bag for hope.
2. Ararume controls okigwe zone. Araarume is with hope. Most of okigwe will be in the bag for hope
3. Issue is owerri zone. Mbaise will be checkmated properly. No more over voting and writing of votes there. Rochas and nwosu still have followership. Owerri will be split. Hope has also shown good leadership these few days. Ihedioha's minions were laughing that hope will not pay salaries. He not only paid but paid pensioners. He also approved 30k minimum wage. Constructions which ihedioha started, he has continued with them.
4. Hope is a money bag and knows how to dole money. Ihedioha is stingy. People move with money flow. Ihedioha has the money but won't bring it out.
5. Hope is yet to appoint commissioners. He will get the strong men from owerri zone compensated. He will make an in road in that zone.
6. He has federal might behind him.

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by kahal29: 6:30am On Feb 10, 2020
chukel:
Supreme court will throw out the case.

Anyone who has read the judgment of the Supreme Court in Obioha v. Ibero (1994) NWLR 1 (Pt.322) 503 will know Ihedioha is wasting his time.

In the lead judgment delivered by Justice Belgore he said and I quote...

Now, in respect of this application, the applicant is certainly not asking us to correct minor errors. He seeks to upturn the judgment already given. The Constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria 1979 says of the judgment of Supreme Court.

Section 215: "Without prejudice to the powers of the President or the Governor of a state with respect to prerogative of mercy, no appeal shall lie to any other body or person from any determination of the Supreme Court."

The phrase" any other body or person" includes the Supreme Court itself. This application is purportedly brought under Order 8 rule 16 Supreme Court Rules 1985 and the inherent powers of this Court especially section 6 (6)(a) of the Constitution 1979. Section 6 of the Constitution (supra) relates to judicial powers of the Federation and subsection 6(a) is clear as to its intendment when it states:

"(6) The judicial powers vested in accordance with the foregoing provisions of this section

(a) shall extend, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this constitution to all inherent powers and sanctions of a Court of law".

The clear provisions of this subsection cannot be ignored. Inherent powers of the Court should not be extended beyond what the statutes, the Constitution and rules of Court provide. There is nothing inherent in the powers of a Court which is not covered by a law. To assume jurisdiction where none exists is not inherent power simply because a Court feels it would be just so to do. Much emphasis is placed by Balonwu, S.A.N. on the provisions of Order 8 rule 16 Supreme Court Rules which states:

Order 8 rule 16:

"The Court shall not review any judgment once given and delivered by it save to correct any clerical mistake or some error arising from any accidental slip or omission, or to vary the judgment or intention. A judgment or order so as to give effect to its meaning or intention. A judgment or order shall not be varied when it correctly represents what the Court decided nor shall the operative and substantive part of it be varied and a different form substituted."

What this Court is being asked to do is to review its judgment, not to correct clerical errors or errors from accidental slip or omission but to overturn the judgment already given. This Court has consistently refused to be dragged into this pitfall. The purpose of this application is clear, it is an appeal cloaked in the guise of a motion. From the wordings of the motion and the grounds for bringing it, it is manifestly clear that the validity of the judgment of this Court as given on 26th February, 1993 is being challenged. Unlike the case of Prince Yahaya Adigun and 2 Ors v. The Attorney-General of Oyo State 2 NWLR (Pt.56) 197 where the validity of Order 8 rule 16 (supra) was being questioned by the applicant in that matter, the present applicant appears to seek strength in the Rule.

Once the Supreme Court has entered judgment in a case, that decision is final and will remain so for ever. The law may in future be amended to affect future issues on the same subject, but for the case decided, that is the end of the matter. The irony of this application is that the protagonist of this application on four previous occasions, Chief Williams, S.A.N. is now on the receiving end. But this Court has on each occasion stood firmly that it lacked jurisdiction. [See Minister of Lagos Affairs. Mines and Power & Anor v. Chief Akin-Olugbade & Ors (1947) 11 S.C. 11; Akin-Olugbade & Ors v. Onigbongbo Community & Ors (1974) 6 S.C. 1.

The purport of Order 8 rule 16 is to carry out what is termed "slip rule" i.e. to correct clerical errors or omissions or gaps to give meaning to the judgment or decision of the Court and not to vary it. [See Ashiyanbi & Ors v. Adeniji (1967) 1 All NLR 861. Once an order has been given, be it judgment or ruling, the Supreme Court cannot thereafter change that decision. [Chukwuka v. Ezulike (1986) 5 NWLR (Pt.45) 892.

It is to be emphatically restated that this motion with a double edged sword of alleged powers under the Constitution [S.6 (6)(a) and under the Rules (Order 8 rule 16) should once and for all be nailed in its coffin. The law does not permit this Court a double say in the same manner. It either allows or dismisses an appeal, not the two on the same issue. The inherent powers under S.6(6) of the Constitution cannot be invoked to reverse a decision already given by this Court Iro Egbu & Ors v. Chief Ogburu Urum & Anor (1981) 4 S.C. 1; Sodeinde Brothers (Nig) Ltd v. African Continental Bank Ltd (1982) 6 S.C. 137; Yonwuren v. Modern Signs (Nig) Ltd (1985) 2 S.C.; John Enemoh & Anor v. Chief Daniel Onolepite & Ors (1985) 2 S.C. and Nwaora v. Nwakonohi (1985) 2 S.C. (all consolidated at P. 86)

In conclusion, this application is completely misconceived and appears to me no more than a voyage of discovery on a matter that has been several times tried and tested in this Court without success. This Court is indirectly being called upon to set aside its decision. There is no jurisdiction to do so. The application is dismissed with N100.00 costs to the respondent.

http://www.lawpavilionpersonal.com/newfulllawreport.jsp?suite=olabisi@9thfloor&pk=SC.101/1993&apk=10756

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Kyase(m): 6:39am On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

I purposely refused to answer the question but you are close to the answer.with araraume,nwosu and okorocha behind him even without federal might,nothing will stop him
True, but he will need the federal might too.
This is South east, not the north

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by AgentNairaland(f): 6:53am On Feb 10, 2020
Better not to rerun because APChit is good at malpractice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by ChoCho54(f): 6:55am On Feb 10, 2020
PicLtd:
Look at the list of people on his list of commentors, from whom he expect an objective response.

Most of them are rabidly tribalists and sociopaths who lack capacity to contribute to meaningful discourse.
In fact, the OP disappointed me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by ChoCho54(f): 7:01am On Feb 10, 2020
NGpatriot:

Exactly what you heard

After ranting, you read his post and got very scared grin

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by LudwinOlaOluwa: 8:41am On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
Well, Ihedioha the green cap loser was rigged into office by colluding INEC and crooked and corrupt money induced tribunal, he did not even score the constitutionally required 2/3 votes, but God is good and I celebrate the victory of good over evil.

[/s]
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by LudwinOlaOluwa: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2020
Buhari will deploy his full rigging machine for Hope because he's buhari boy

i guess that's the reason Oshiomole is fronting him already incase of rerun
because i don't see SC returning Ihedioha the highest it can do is to order a rerun

but they should at least it'll cool the tension because right now in imo state
majority don't even acknowledge Hope as the governor
I'm not talking about ass lickers and political jobbers
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by LudwinOlaOluwa: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Paid Hospital Bills, Others, To Celebrate Ugwuanyi’s Birthday - ALGON / 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party / New Naira Notes: El Rufai Attack A Twitter User For Busting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.