Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures (69336 Views)

Coronavirus Quarantine: How People Stock Their Homes With Food, Groceries (Pics) / Coronavirus Patients On Life Support In Italian Quarantine Centre (Graphic Pix) / Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Say No Nigerian Is Among 29 Infected Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by SavonEric: 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
lol cheesy
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by AAEEI: 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2020
Thelannister:
A. Very strong mitigative measures there. God really loves Nigerians, should this nation face this can of threat, that's the end... Next is you see the rich flying out in their private jets.

Well check my signature, if you a new phone and system

In that case, your rich will not be able to fly out. No country will let them in.
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Xano(m): 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2020
Octopusssy:
And some eejits here are using this deadly disease to prank.

I have an idea: anyone caught pranking with corona virus should be put on an all expense paid trip to China by the federal government. Wuhan district specifically.

Anyway, one of my clients told me the virus doesn't survive for long outside a host so it's safe to import from China.

As regards the bold quote in your post, I advice you to be sure not to post misinformation about the duration of coronavirus on a surface. I heard it's about three days.

Find the video of a Singaporean minister statement to their parliament

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2020
Thelannister:
A. Very strong mitigative measures there. God really loves Nigerians, should this nation face this can of threat, that's the end... Next is you see the rich flying out in their private jets.

Well check my signature, if you a new phone and system
Does God love Nigerians any less than China and other affected countries?
Leave matter for matthias.
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by jubrilELsudan: 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2020
EdiskyHarry:

keep quiet and stop saying nonsense

Banana fall inside your anus.

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by TLION(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
UstazAhmed:
May Allah the Most Merciful never allow this evil to befall on our beloved nation.

This is the consequence of Chinese persecution on Islam
. Shut up
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by luminouz(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2020

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
China is paying for her grievous crimes against the earth.

The Chinese nation developed herself and her billion-plus citizens into a scourge that threatened the very existence of the planet earth, and it's so unfortunate that her common people have to be on the receiving end of this awful karma.
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by ceaser: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
motionarena:
Good step by the Chinese government.

If it where to Nigeria we will be extinct by now. Someone will know he/she is infected and will still go to the market and enter public transport.

Thats how i contacted chicken pox during my IT.
I boarded molue as i turned my head, I saw the guy sitting next to me with pox and powder over his face.

I codedly left his side but it was too late i was already infected.

Had to stay home for two weeks.

Eeya. Sorry.

Chicken pox is airborne. You don't even require close proximal contact with the infected before you get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Ryocaj(m): 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
motionarena:

If it where to Nigeria we will be extinct by now. Someone will know he/she is infected and will still go to the market and enter public transport.

I boarded molue as i turned my head, I saw the guy sitting next to me with pox and powder over his face.

Lol.. I swear.. That is what makes HIV still spreading.. ppl purposely infect others.. they keep on saying someone infected them too n its very bad...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by motionarena: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
ceaser:

Eeya. Sorry.

Chicken pox is airborne. You don't even require close proximal contact with the infected before you get it.

Its airborne does not mean the virus is floating in the air around us.

The carrier can cough around u and it will be transmitted through the air
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by joinnow: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2020
this is serious cry cry cry
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Convention107: 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
the world is coming to an end
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by AkupeMBANO(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Who created this weapon of mass destruction?
First it was HIV/AIDS the army that created it realized that the death isn't instant enough, then comes SARS in middle East, next Ebola coupled with Lassa fever and now coronababy... grin

Well, I have to be extremely careful now with people around me. I heard that one can even contact some virus by reading some bad people's comments from all those rac.ist in political section in Nairaland. grin
how old are you?
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Paschy88(m): 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2020
Make rain do come oo.. All this airborne virus dey fear rain. My own conclusion
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by QueenBee1995: 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2020
The United States might just be behind this virus that is destroying China. They never really liked China especially as China is rubbing shoulders with them in terms of technological advancement and China being a big threat to the supremacy of USA in the world today. Most viruses especially the common ones of today, are created by some powerful scientists who want to make a lot of monetary gains. The vaccine and solution to this Coronavirus is somewhere, with the people who created the virus in the first place, the Chinese government should look into it.
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by ceaser: 5:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
motionarena:

Its airborne does not mean the virus is floating in the air around us.

The carrier can cough around u and it will be transmitted through the air

@bolded is what it means.

It can be aerosolised. The virus then gets suspended in air particles and it can travel for about 3 feet.

While doing that, if you are close enough you can get it on you - that is one way of spread. If you are not close enough, the aerosol gets on a surface and the virus remains viable for hours. If you now happen to come around to such place and touch that surface with your hand, you get it on your hands, but you're still not infected.

In this case, the infection occurs when you now use those hands (if unwashed) to touch your nose, mouth or eyes (basically places where you have mucous membranes). So even if you wear faceasks in this case, it only protects you from the first scenario but not the second scenario.

Hand hygiene can help you to significantly mitigate the second scenario.
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by fortran12: 6:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
uuzba:
Catch it first na. Then we will see what happens. I can be in my house here and learn from you.
Really. Check out the info
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Funkybabee(f): 6:34pm On Feb 10, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

They are beyond wicked. China people are brainwashed zombies. They go with whatever their chairman tells them. It's the IPOBORIANS there I pity. China people will use this toyota coronavirus to wipe out all the black people in their land.

grin
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by PervertProphet: 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2020
Thirteenblood:

There are Black pedophiles who are baby sacrificers. People doing sex voodoo rituals with each other in orgies and with children. They pick up familiar spirits from Baal and this manifests as a craving for perversion. Normally the light of Allah would protect a person from harming children yet Allah gives up on the evil sodomites. Their wickedness has nothing to do with poverty its sex voodoo and a curse.

Wake up out your slumber

Allah surprisingly loves Sodomites&Homosexual Sex but not here on Earth but in the Muslim Paradise.

If you are caught here in Muslim countries. You will be killed by being thrown from the top of a high rising building.

Sodomites are only rewards for the faithful males in the Muslim Paradise. Infact, not just that. Everything supposedly evil here and rejected here is acceptable in the Muslim Paradise. From Alcoholic Wines, Silk dresses, Homosexual Sex, Transparent Sex Dolls called Houris. Don't believe me. See the qur'an and Hadiths for these facts.

Surah 76 ayat 12 (Saheeh Translation):
وَجَزٰٮهُمۡ بِمَا صَبَرُوۡا جَنَّةً وَّحَرِيۡرًا ۙ‏

And will reward them for what they patiently endured [with] a garden [in Paradise] and silk [garments].

Surah 76 ayat 19:
۞وَيَطُوۡفُ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وِلۡدَانٌ مُّخَلَّدُوۡنَ‌ۚ اِذَا رَاَيۡتَهُمۡ حَسِبۡتَهُمۡ لُـؤۡلُـؤًا مَّنۡثُوۡرًا‏

There will circulate among them young boys made eternal. When you see them, you would think them [as beautiful as] scattered pearls.

Surah 56 ayats 16 and 18:
مُّتَّكِـــِٕيۡنَ عَلَيۡهَا مُتَقٰبِلِيۡنَ‏

Reclining on them, facing each other.

يَطُوۡفُ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وِلۡدَانٌ مُّخَلَّدُوۡنَۙ

There will circulate among them young boys made eternal

بِاَكۡوَابٍ وَّاَبَارِيۡقَ ۙ وَكَاۡسٍ مِّنۡ مَّعِيۡنٍۙ

With vessels, pitchers and a cup [of wine] from a flowing spring -

Somehow, Someway. These alcoholic wine won't intoxicate these Muslim males that made it to the Islamic paradise while they relax, recline on these lol love seats as they get serviced by these beautiful young boys so beautiful than the qur'an describes them as beautiful as Pearls (What comes to mind- lol- feminine males)

Surah 52 ayat 24:
۞ وَيَطُوۡفُ عَلَيۡهِمۡ غِلۡمَانٌ لَّهُمۡ كَاَنَّهُمۡ لُـؤۡلُـؤٌ مَّكۡنُوۡنٌ‏

There will circulate among them [servant] boys [especially] for them, as if they were pearls well-protected.
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by odinson1(m): 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2020
lloyds:

But, they say they don't believe in God.

When we had Ebola, We cried to God and he returned it back to its root.

why haven't God returned back hiv/aids and cancer
lloyds:

But, they say they don't believe in God.

When we had Ebola, We cried to God and he returned it back to its root.

why haven't God returned back hiv/aids and cancer
prayers dont work
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by wirinet(m): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
labusinessguide:
The dangerous aspect of Corona Virus is that potential infected persons have the highest risk of transferring the virus to other people.

Personal isolation, just as the government is doing is one of the best ways to curb the spread.

But, they may never understand, hence their reason for protesting against it.

One can only hope that this doesn't hit Africa or Nigeria in particular, because it will wipe out virtually millions of people, because of our ignorance, poor hygiene, and poor healthcare infrastructure.
I doubt it will be a problem for us. First the virus is very virulent but it's not so deadly, of the over 40,000 people infected with the coronavirus, only less than 1000 has died, that's less than 2.5 fatality rate. It kills mainly the very young or the very old with weak immune system. Just like other flu like viruses, a person with strong immune system usually recover after a few days or weeks rest.

The virus is not seen anywhere in Africa. The virus is is Spain but not across the river to Morocco. That's strange.
It seems the virus dey fear Africa as him seniors like ebola, Lassa and denge dey claim omonile for there

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Slimpotter(m): 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
labusinessguide:
The dangerous aspect of Corona Virus is that potential infected persons have the highest risk of transferring the virus to other people.

Personal isolation, just as the government is doing is one of the best ways to curb the spread.

But, they may never understand, hence their reason for protesting against it.

One can only hope that this doesn't hit Africa or Nigeria in particular, because it will wipe out virtually millions of people, because of our ignorance, poor hygiene, and poor healthcare infrastructure.
Those who don't understand it's severity are blaming the government.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by BoboKush(m): 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2020
motionarena:

grin
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by BoboKush(m): 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
UstazAhmed:
May Allah the Most Merciful never allow this evil to befall on our beloved nation.

Ahmed ma se bayi naw.... U had to bring religion in... Why na
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ya-allah count us among protect one, Allah said in Quran he will surely test us with our health and wealth, ya-allah is coronavirus is one of your test please heal us, if it's our sin that make u punish us with virus pls forgive us, you are ar-haman pls have mercy on us, pls heal the world cry
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
wirinet:

I doubt it will be a problem for us. First the virus is very virulent but it's not so deadly, of the over 40,000 people infected with the coronavirus, only less than 1000 has died, that's less than 2.5 fatality rate. It kills mainly the very young or the very old with weak immune system. Just like other flu like viruses, a person with strong immune system usually recover after a few days or weeks rest.

The virus is not seen anywhere in Africa. The virus is is Spain but not across the river to Morocco. That's strange.
It seems the virus dey fear Africa as him seniors like ebola, Lassa and denge dey claim omonile for there

You re talking as if I should nack you hammer for head, pls what sickness is good for body?
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
UstazAhmed:

So Allah is punishing both Muslims, Christians, Buddhists and Atheists because of what Chinese Communist Party did to terrorist Muslims?

Allah or God must be stupid for infecting innocent women and children with deadly viruses.
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 10, 2020
Xano:

As regards the bold quote in your post, I advice you to be sure not to post misinformation about the duration of coronavirus on a surface. I heard it's about three days.

Find the video of a Singaporean minister statement to their parliament

You're right
I have watched the video and was shaking my head for that slowpoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgc_K2x-GKA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
QueenBee1995:
The United States might just be behind this virus that is destroying China. They never really liked China especially as China is rubbing shoulders with them in terms of technological advancement and China being a big threat to the supremacy of USA in the world today. Most viruses especially the common ones of today, are created by some powerful scientists who want to make a lot of monetary gains. The vaccine and solution to this Coronavirus is somewhere, with the people who created the virus in the first place, the Chinese government should look into it.

Shut up and advice the Chinese to stop eating anything that moves.

Chinese people know the origin of the novel coronavirus and the particular market it started.

They don't need Nigerians to tell them,
The China knows the US than Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by seangy4konji: 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
Another way of trump reducing the Chinese powers..mass murder..
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures by seangy4konji: 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
QueenBee1995:
I said it..since China wan they prove stubborn as supper power dem be?trump general go just give dem work..by the time the disease reduce them by 10 million economy don go down small...no be USA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status / 75-Year-Old Tortoise Involved In Accident In Kebbi, Doctors Try To Save The Life / Please Help! What Should I Apply On My Torn Anus! This Hurts!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.