Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,601 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA (32118 Views)

Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / Vanguard Editorial Rejects $500m Loan For NTA / See The NTA That Lai Mohammed Wanted To Refurbish With $500m Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Hangulsaram: 2:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
ebuk4real:
sad

Mark my word: by the time APC FG government are done in 2023, the money they would have borrowed in their 8years will be triple of what the PDP has borrowed in their 16years of bad governance.

In summary: the APC motto remains 'the more we look, the less we see'.

Scammers!!!
And there will be nothing to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Agugbadin: 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
This government has borrowed into the future of the unborn Nigerians, it is sad and very unhealthy for a developing third world nation like Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by orisa37: 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
To NASS.

$500MILLION FOR THE SOCIAL IMPROVEMENT OF THE NTA. GOOD.. AUTHORIZE IT FOR NTA.

THEN, FOR ALL EMBRACING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, AUTHORIZE $740MILLION TO BE SHARED @ $20MILLION PER STATE & FCT TO BUILD MODERN BUHARI RANCHES IN EACH STATE CAPITAL AND ABUJA.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by sulaak(m): 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

It's quite a shame on you to be among the people who affirms a belief that social media might have come too early to Nigeria.
Everyone child wants to comment even on matters they are totally ignorant about. What do you know about TV stations both analogue and digital? I mean can you even afford a TV set?

Did you and the 'first to comment crew' even try to read the report to the end? No. You just read "$500m" and then your adrenaline pushes you type whatever...

No doubt, the proposed social media regulation would have helped a lot.

Go to Quora or other educative websites and you'd see it will cost about $850m to setup a TV station. But you didn't even read the part where Lai said....

... the loan was aimed at establishing the media and culture industry centre at the cost of $245m, digitise all NTA stations at $11m and construct integrated television services to infuse on network, .......

Instead you were bent on making bold every letter you need to expose your ignorance.

Does Nigeria require an external loan to...

1. Establishing the media and culture industry centre at the cost of $245m
2.Digitise all NTA stations at $11m
3. construct integrated television services to infuse on network, .......

Who is going to pay for all these expensive debts...

African Reliance on Foreign Debt is ‘Madness,’ Warns Credit Suisse CEO Tidjane Thiam
Credit Suisse Group AG Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam says it is “madness” for African nations to rely on loans in foreign currencies to fund vital infrastructure including roads, power and clean water.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/african-reliance-on-foreign-debt-is-madness-says-credit-suisses-thiam-1444125696

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by proclinician: 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

It's quite a shame on you to be among the people who affirms a belief that social media might have come too early to Nigeria.
Everyone child wants to comment even on matters they are totally ignorant about. What do you know about TV stations both analogue and digital? I mean can you even afford a TV set?

Did you and the 'first to comment crew' even try to read the report to the end? No. You just read "$500m" and then your adrenaline pushes you type whatever...

Go to Quora or other educative websites and you'd see it will cost about $850m to setup a TV station. But you didn't even read the part where Lai said....

... the loan was aimed at establishing the media and culture industry centre at the cost of $245m, digitise all NTA stations at $11m and construct integrated television services to infuse on network, .......

Instead you were bent on making bold every letter you need to expose your ignorance.

And it is wise for nigerian govt to mortgage 500m$ of ur future and that of ur kids to setup a tv station that cant compete with channels to look like CNN for whom exactly to watch it. Mark my words. 500m$ worth of ur future and that of ur kids lol. You are doomed.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by ayo84(m): 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
Scam. NtA already has a digitization partnership with star times tv. This minister should be sacked. Details of transaction with star times still not revealed to the public

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Kingrefreshed: 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ustec:

undecided
Stop embarrassing yourself on a public forum

All these unplanned pregnancies. A simple condom would have solve this problem like having you here disgracing fellow humans.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by surequality: 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
9-G- RIA Be deliver from the hands of visionless leader
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Hottdawgg: 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2020
This man Lai Mohammed doesn't just lie. He is a thief. You all should watch him closely

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by BluntBoy(m): 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2020
Spending money on NTA is like pouring water into a basket.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by GreyLaw(m): 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

After reading my mentions, I still could see the reason why a white man's Twitter thrives better than Nairaland even within Nigeria. The old people outgrew here

I am yet to see one policy or action of this government you have criticised.

$850 for a TV station is lie! Cable TV can be set up with about N15bn which is roughly $42m.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by SyrusdeHansome(m): 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

After reading my mentions, I still could see the reason why a white man's Twitter thrives better than Nairaland even within Nigeria. The old people outgrew here

You're a very stupid man nd it's funny to see u keep showing ur stupidity trying to defend wickedness. One day we'll give account of our works. Keep on being wicked.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by maxzzo1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
$500M na wao
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
on behalf of all well meaning Nigerians,......we are cumulatively pleading with IMF and other related institutions to outrightly reject to loan this criminals any more money to share among themselves in the guise of developing Nigeria,let them give an account of the once they have already borrowed.this people enwero obi at all.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by SoNature(m): 3:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

Admittedly, the headline is misleading, but you are still defending the indefensible. Nigerian leaders are some of the worst in the world, and those in APC are no exception. And anyone who defends them is no better than they are.

Do you know what $500m is? Even the so-called $11m is just too much. Perhaps Lai Mohammed wants to cut his own share of the national cake.

Mind you, the NTA stations were not established by one administration, so why are you upgrading everything at the same time? Why not do it in phases? Digitize Lagos and Abuja stations as pilot schemes. Use that to assess how others would be.

It's funny how he compares NTA to CNN. Aside from those in rural communities, who still watches NTA these days? The major channel through which the traditional media generates funds is ads. And advertising is gradually going digital because digital marketing offers more benefits than the traditional media channels. Again, the point is that they want to borrow a whopping $500m. Now that begs the question, "Can they repay the loan?" How do they plan to do that? Through glo ads?

Until we have people who will start managing this country like they run companies, we will keep fooling ourselves in this country. After borrowing and looting the money, they will leave that vacuum for the next government.

With the way the APC criticized Jonathan, I thought these nonentities had a much better idea.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by klax(m): 3:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
ebuk4real:
sad

Mark my word: by the time APC FG government are done in 2023, the money they would have borrowed in their 8years will be triple of what the PDP has borrowed in their 16years of bad governance.

In summary: the APC motto remains 'the more we look, the less we see'.

Scammers!!!

Tripple the amount is understatement it will swallow it completely infact the amount of debt they(apc) would have incurred by 2023 will break world record since creation infact heaven and hell will be shock.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by sterlingD(m): 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
I remember when Ben Bruce Murray was there,he tried to modernize NTA.l remember the new NTA logo but after he left everything was reversed back to as it was a long ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Citizen0(m): 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ordinary TV !!. Which kine wahala be dis.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by stanliwise(m): 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

A while ago, many people would scream about reformig NTA. The display is whack, their staff is this and that...... Here is a way out and then it's another complaint again

Oga calm down, for your info quora wasn't built with $850 million dollars. what the heck are they building inside quora.

11 milliom dollars is even too expensive to improve the dead NTA station, I say so because NTA can't tell me they have no fond of their after years of active service.

If NTA isn't developed till today, it's because of the same reason while Nairaland isn't still developed, a blackman see no benefit in improvement, if it doesn't have any immediate gratification or gain.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Enyimbamercedes: 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Compete with CNN on what grounds?

500m USD can be put to better use

1. CNN is not a state-owned organization. A better comparison would have been the BBC which has a variety of channels

2. NTA is not a news only channel so i wonder why they are striving to be like CNN

3. NTA's problem goes further than digitalization. Digitalize it all you can, if they are not objective in their news coverage, no one will watch it!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by misterjosh(m): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
Borrow, borrow, borrow...
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by chachanga: 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
JasonScoolari:
"Borrow Borrow" government will give an estimate of $500m for a project, but will use $20m to execute it.... The remaining $480m balance,well, your guess is as good as mine.

This lifeless administration has plunge the country into chronic indebtedness.

Shame!
Anti-corruption fight's costly bro.

Costlier when the major fight's against shadows and imaginary bogey men. grin

Those id1ots! tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by iswallker(m): 3:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
there was no mention of re-education of staff at the NTA. so it seems to them that CNN is where it is becauae of picture quality... cry

presenters who have no proper grasp of the topics they want to discuss - who seem lost during interviews.

how can you spend 500m dolls without training a single staff.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by mrdipye(m): 3:19pm On Feb 10, 2020
Did he say they want to be like CNN??
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by MexManuel(m): 3:19pm On Feb 10, 2020
A while ago, many people would scream about reformig NTA. The display is whack, their staff is this and that...... Here is a way out and then it's another complaint again

After reading my mentions, I still could see the reason why a white man's Twitter thrives better than Nairaland even within Nigeria. The old people outgrew here[/quote]
The Issues is loan is easy money. More money less efficiency.

What stops Lai Muhammed to think outside the box. NTA is already an established station. They should find out to release programs that can sustainably finance and develop the network.
On the other hand, NTA isn't the only TV station in Nigeria. So if all other avenue for higher revenue proves abortive, the next thing Lai should consider is merging with a thriving private TV network. Work the TV station hard, meet the requirement and go back to an improved independent national station.

As they say, easy money dosen't allow people to think.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Officialgarri: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
stanliwise:
Oga calm down, for your info quora wasn't built with $850 million dollars. what the heck are they building inside quora.

11 milliom dollars is even too expensive to improve the dead NTA station, I say so because NTA can't tell me they have no fond of their after years of active service.

If NTA isn't developed till today, it's because of the same reason while Nairaland isn't still developed, a blackman see no benefit in improvement, if it doesn't have any immediate gratification or gain.

You need to learn to read slowly and understand. Kindly point out where I said Quora was built with millions of dollars?

If $11 is too much, kindly give an estimate of what would do the job angry

Or do you guys think it's just a one station? It's all stations in Nigeria with standard equipments..
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by JasonScoolari: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
Dear Officialgarri,

In your witless bid to sound intelligent by quoting me, you ended up disgracing yourself publicly....

Next time, get your head examine before jumping into my mention....

Au revoir!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by micflo28(m): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
After Buhari is done with us, we will be looking like an over-raped vaginas. It can no longer contract.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by CSTR2: 3:22pm On Feb 10, 2020
As long as it remains that northern television authority, no it will not.

Sack all the ancient northerners there and put educated and progressive southerners drawn from all over the world and watch it rise to a proper national television without borrowing all those huge monies.

NTA is running on northern OS.

And that is the problem.

BTW, Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world.
There are so many other sectors that needs 500 million dollars more.

Those lenders should pity the people of Nigeria and disregard that request.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by ROCKYJOE: 3:22pm On Feb 10, 2020
FG should please remember to pay police liability of over N25billion owning Nigerian contractors since 2008 till 2015. Some of those contractors are paralyzed with stroke, some are currently hypertensive and many other more. I hope paying these contractors Will go a long way to boost SME.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by luvinhubby(m): 3:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

Well, we currently have 12 centers in the country.

And one other person was asking me the use ; well, I'd ask you to make research yourself. But nevertheless, it's meant to promote, preserve your culture and also a means of job creation

You ended up not saying anything

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Dollabiz: 3:24pm On Feb 10, 2020
They will waste it again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home: Major Roads And Streets In Awka Deserted (Video) / Asari Dokubo Slams Nnamdi Kanu Over 2019 Elections, Blasts 'Buhari Double' / Court Orders Takeover Of Donald Duke’s Ikoyi Property Over N537.3m Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.