Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,106 members, 7,863,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA (32126 Views)

Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / Vanguard Editorial Rejects $500m Loan For NTA / See The NTA That Lai Mohammed Wanted To Refurbish With $500m Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by bejick(m): 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2020
Unbiased1:
$500 million to digitize that useless TV network? How will they make money from NTA to pay back the loan? Who watches NTA?
And they are busy during election sharing Abacha Loot. Why didn't they use it for this purpose
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

It's quite a shame on you to be among the people who affirms a belief that social media might have come too early to Nigeria.
Everyone child wants to comment even on matters they are totally ignorant about. What do you know about TV stations both analogue and digital? I mean can you even afford a TV set?

Did you and the 'first to comment crew' even try to read the report to the end? No. You just read "$500m" and then your adrenaline pushes you type whatever...

No doubt, the proposed social media regulation would have helped a lot.

Go to Quora or other educative websites and you'd see it will cost about $850m to setup a TV station. But you didn't even read the part where Lai said....

... the loan was aimed at establishing the media and culture industry centre at the cost of $245m, digitise all NTA stations at $11m and construct integrated television services to infuse on network, .......

Instead you were bent on making bold every letter you need to expose your ignorance.

A while ago, many people would scream about reformig NTA. The display is whack, their staff is this and that...... Here is a way out and then it's another complaint again

After reading my mentions, I still could see the reason why a white man's Twitter thrives better than Nairaland even within Nigeria. The old people outgrew here

Well, we currently have 12 centers in the country.

And one other person was asking me the use ; well, I'd ask you to make research yourself. But nevertheless, it's meant to promote, preserve your culture and also a means of job creation

shut up there!!!
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Kfed4ril(m): 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
YorubaKinging:
How many times do you want to rebrand NTA
Any institution that has majority of Fulanis can never grow
Take nigeria for example

Who told you Fulanis are a majority in Nigeria?
They are minority and the know this that is why the alway attach to their willing tool ( Hausa) to form as if the a a majority.

Fulani and Hausa are two different languages,
You may ask your self why is it in Fulani that is always attached to Hausa ie hause-fulani when I real sense there is nothing like that,
Why don’t they do Yoruba-bini or Igbo-ibibio?
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Enemyofpeace: 12:16am On Feb 11, 2020
Waste of money. NTA can never and will never change
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by bejick(m): 7:48am On Feb 11, 2020
Unbiased1:
$500 million to digitize that useless TV network? How will they make money from NTA to pay back the loan? Who watches NTA?
And they are busy during election sharing Abacha Loot. Why didn't they use it for this purpose.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Eborty(m): 8:15am On Feb 11, 2020
lexy2014:

"How does a persons positivity help d govt use a $500m loan judiciously? How does a persons negativity prevent d govt from judiciously using a $500m loan?"

Pls re u sure abt wat u knw of 'positivity' & 'negativity'..? Both refers to your attitude towards a proposal either in 'affirmation' or 'against'. So now, if ur govt wants 2 take a loan is either u re in support of it or against it, on lyk u, who show a 'negative' respond does'nt stop them from taking the loan. Wat i replied u earlier z dat ur respond does'nt mata if u r in or out, bt it matas wen we unite nd tell dem our views in terms of 'positivity' & 'negativity' directly, not by making ill comments on nairaland which only ''WE' are involved. See if mtn r 2 charge #100/sec nd you smile den u r hapi wit it bt if frowned, den u r against of which wil prompt dem to adjust. Bt govt is difrnt, if they obtain d loan wit or without our pemission then its up to dem 2 use it judiciously or not.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Eborty(m): 8:32am On Feb 11, 2020
Eborty:
Pls re u sure abt wat u knw of 'positivity' & 'negativity'..? Both refers to your attitude towards a proposal either in 'affirmation' or 'against'. So now, if ur govt wants 2 take a loan is either u re in support of it or against it, on lyk u, who show a 'negative' respond does'nt stop dem from taking the loan. Wat i replied u earlier z dat ur respond does'nt mata if u r in or out, bt it matas wen we unite nd tell dem our views in terms of 'positivity' & 'negativity' directly, not by making ill comments on nairaland which only ''WE' are involved.
Now coming 2 ''JUDICIOUS'' usuage of d loan. If u nd me has ever since be holding dem accountable, den we can be sure they wil use it judiciously. See my friend, govt is like trusting a bank wit ur hard earned money without knwing if actually they might disappear wit it like past events. Also u can't tel if they r using it 2 create jobs, give out loan or sponsoring Boko haram. Bt u gv dem ur anyway. TRUST'' & ''HOPE''.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2020
Same govt the wasted $300million abacha loot on audio poor people?
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Eborty(m): 8:55am On Feb 11, 2020
Some of us here are immature and ignorate of what we post or comment here. We insult and post ill comments without realizing the implications of it towards ourselves and other people's mindset (friends, siblings and the little ones), it is because of this, the social media needs to be regulated. LAWS AND REGULATIONS are meant to guild the citizens but mind you, to caution the stupid ones. We talk of democracy, yet some individuals insult their president. What happen to being civilized and up holding the glory of the country. Now i ask, what will your children think of you if ever they stapled on your comments or post..? A patroitic citizen or a nunatic that spits out all sort of rubbish. Please be mature and civilize with your comments or opinion.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Eborty(m): 9:02am On Feb 11, 2020
onecoder:
Same govt the wasted $300million abacha loot on audio poor people?
Please i don't understand what you meant by ''WASTED''.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by chukwumzurum(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2020
everything in the country is now borrow...
in the tenor of the so called embezzlers and corrupt government, there wasn't borrowing like this...
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by chewwie(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2020
MasterRahl:

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/news/approval-of-500m-loan-will-rejig-nta-to-compete-with-cnn/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
A state owned and run news media? Are we China or Russia? Privatize the damn thing! How much revenue will be generated after this rejigging? These guys don't know quack about running a country.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by paix(m): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2020
I believe this government just came to mortgage this country, nothing more. From all indications they're completely running out of ideas. The 3 languages this regime can speak fluently are not Hausa, Yoruba and Ibo, but blame, promises and lies.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by lexy2014: 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
Eborty:
Pls re u sure abt wat u knw of 'positivity' & 'negativity'..? Both refers to your attitude towards a proposal either in 'affirmation' or 'against'. So now, if ur govt wants 2 take a loan is either u re in support of it or against it, on lyk u, who show a 'negative' respond does'nt stop them from taking the loan. Wat i replied u earlier z dat ur respond does'nt mata if u r in or out, bt it matas wen we unite nd tell dem our views in terms of 'positivity' & 'negativity' directly, not by making ill comments on nairaland which only ''WE' are involved. See if mtn r 2 charge #100/sec nd you smile den u r hapi wit it bt if frowned, den u r against of which wil prompt dem to adjust. Bt govt is difrnt, if they obtain d loan wit or without our pemission then its up to dem 2 use it judiciously or not.

U are saying a lot of things which aren't related to what I asked u. But based on ur last sentence, are u saying that ur positivity
or negativity doesn't determine if d $500m loan is judiciously utilised or not?

NB:my analogy about mtn was about d service provider providing network for calls & u are talking about N100 per second call rate. How are they related?
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by brandmix: 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
festacman:
With network of stations across Nigeria, Nigeria Television Authority should be a self-financing CASHCOW rather than a subvention-dependent sick cow. World class equipment and digitization would do little if the current NTA is not restructured. My suggestions:

- The first step in upgrading our good old NTA is to do a SWOT analysis of the Network and then articulate a self-sustaining business plan and matching business model, which stakeholders including NASS members should view and assess. Anything less than this means the loan money will be frittered away if approved. So, no PLAN or clear roadmap, no approval.

- Second step is to retain mainstream NTA News channel as public service station linking government to the people but with mandate to staff to be more dynamic rather than conservative.

- Third step is to create a number of Strategic Business Units (SBUs) out the existing network, which will service specific market segments as purely PROFIT CENTRES to be run by separate Managements and right staff size of dynamic professionals. Such SBUs all under NTA Board can be sports channel, entertainment and life style channel, live events channel, NTA television college, etc

If JAMB is now a revenue centre, what stops NTA from doing better?

undecided someone has done his MBA wink
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Ghokes(m): 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
How much does the NTA generate yearly to start with?
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by lormarx: 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
MasterRahl:

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/news/approval-of-500m-loan-will-rejig-nta-to-compete-with-cnn/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
why is this government so insensitive to the plight of Nigerians,cant this fund be invested in Sme ,what has NTA got to offer in return,lol

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Ajibade123(m): 8:15am On Feb 12, 2020
$500 approximately 1.8 trillion naira to digitalize a single station is this Laid Mohammed mad??

see common business problems and solutions
https://explicitsuccess.com/business-problems-and-solutions/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention / Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate / President Buhari To Send Letter To National Assembly On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.