Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA (32084 Views)

Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / Vanguard Editorial Rejects $500m Loan For NTA / See The NTA That Lai Mohammed Wanted To Refurbish With $500m Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by AutoshalomUSA: 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2020
Please Whoever is in charge of approval for the LOAN - please DONT approve it !
We don’t need $500M to rebrand a National TV station that is a mere political propaganda outlet. NTA don’t like modernization and won’t appreciate any form of digitization . Rather NCC should grant more license to private business . NTA under government is a joke . They can privatize some of NTA as well .

LIE Muhammad and his bubu master are looking for ways to cripple the Nation with Debts!

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Josh00: 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2020
so the are just realizing now?!!mtcheww👎👎
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Gordson: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2020
Eborty:
Guy, na evrytin dey use autocorrect, you supos no say na pc i dey use. Na wa 4 u ooo. Abi u nver hear the english world called ''typographical error'' use ur head wel. after na some people go say lazy youth and some go dey jez
So you no suppose know how to spell those words if auto-correct no dey grin

Be careful oo
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Eborty(m): 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2020
[quote author=Officialgarri post=86532289]
It's quite a shame on you to be among the people who affirms a belief that social media might have come too early to Nigeria.
Everyone child wants to comment even on matters they are totally ignorant about. What do you know about TV stations both analogue and digital? Did you and the 'first to comment crew' even try to read the report to the end? No. You just read "$500m" and then your adrenaline pushes you type whatever...

No doubt, the proposed social media regulation would have helped a lot.

... the loan was aimed at establishing the media and culture industry centre at the cost of $245m, digitise all NTA stations at $11m and construct integrated television services to infuse on network, .......

Bro. I wonder what's so hard for people to understand, even after the break down of what is to be done with the money some light headed beings still fail to use their common sense. We are talking about establishing an industry here.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Eborty(m): 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2020
Gordson:

So you no suppose know how to spell those words if auto-correct no dey grin

Be careful oo
Wetin i go explain again..? Guy abeg check or google this compound word for yourself ''TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR'' abi the english too hard again.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2020
Eborty:
i dont understand your plight here, shey bi d place na waste, na him mak dem nid d money, abi as that place dat place na waste ur television for no dey show NTA....?
No. It's you who don't understand. I'm sure there are almost a 100 NTA stations scattered in different towns. Just imagine how much it will cost to connect them on broadband and even if that will be cost effective given the economy of those towns.

Another thing is the model. How are you going to spend $11m on dormant stations and bring them up to the level of CNN and they'll also be self sustaining?
The truth is some ambiguous words were used in that Op. Media and culture industry centre is what exactly?
Integration of digitalisation is what?
You can't just throw $11m at NTA and it'll transform to CNN. That's a fat lie. CNN, while a billion dollars company, is not just about money. It's about values and vision and content which NTA just does not have. Can't buy those. You can only waste money attempting to.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by CodeTemplar: 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2020
One day we go hear say person reach embassy to travel out and they reject am because Nigerian govt use am as collateral take borrow loan.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by greenguy: 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
Sell off the damn thing, fools.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Eborty(m): 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

No. It's you who don't understand. I'm sure there are almost a 100 NTA stations scattered in different towns. Just imagine how much it will cost to connect them on broadband and even if that will be cost effective given the economy of those towns.

Another thing is the model. How are you going to spend $11m on dormant stations and bring them up to the level of CNN and they'll also be self sustaining?
The truth is some ambiguous words were used in that Op. Media and culture industry centre is what exactly?
Integration of digitalisation is what?
You can't just throw $11m at NTA and it'll transform to CNN. That's a fat lie. CNN, while a billion dollars company, is not just about money. It's about values and vision and content which NTA just does not have. Can't buy those. You can only waste money attempting to.
Bros i like your explaination. This is how we are to be handling our opinions or concerns.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Savagedawg: 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
Which light we go take watch am?? Candle

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Olas16198901: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
Y b say Nigeria dey boroboro money evryday, hw many pple dey wash nta, if Dem no gt money to bring it back to standard make dem switch it off. DStv, gotv, startimes Dem dey we go wash date one. If money no dey to buy cable ait, ontv, Dem dey dere
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by knightsTempler: 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
Lie lie man. See his mouth like tortoise. The same stupid NTA i hated while growing up. My dad would always come to change the tv channel from the movie we were watching to NTA news. The funny thing is after a while, he'd sleep off but as soon as you touch the remote , he'll just wake up
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Studio247: 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
Can someone please tell me where NIGERIA is going
I don't understand anymore
Is NTA our problem ?
How many times do we even watch NTA
Nigeria oooh the person wey do wicked sha!!

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Eborty(m): 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Look zombie, you need to try better. If you believe $11m is going to change NTA to CNN. Do you know how many of those NTA branches we have scattered throughout Nigeria that are practically useless?
NTA is an inefficient behemoth present in almost every town in Nigeria where they work sometimes between 4pm to 10pm. You really think $11m is going to turn those wastes into something productive? NTA's model is not geared towards productivity or efficiency. It is simply a govt propaganda machinery of waste just like Radio Nigeria.
We are expressing our views on the matter and you are refering to me as zombie.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Yankee101: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
Borrow FX and steal it
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Banmeallday: 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
Useless people, their senators are dying abroad because no good hospitals, no good healthcare, but they want to borrow to compete with CNN lol

SO glad I am NOT a Nigerian NIGGER
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Teezy007: 7:33pm On Feb 10, 2020
What happened to the loots they've been discovering recently?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Monday60655(m): 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2020
Next level indeed
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by poiZon: 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
Officialgarri:

It's quite a shame on you to be among the people who affirms a belief that social media might have come too early to Nigeria.
Everyone child wants to comment even on matters they are totally ignorant about. What do you know about TV stations both analogue and digital? I mean can you even afford a TV set?

Did you and the 'first to comment crew' even try to read the report to the end? No. You just read "$500m" and then your adrenaline pushes you type whatever...

No doubt, the proposed social media regulation would have helped a lot.

Go to Quora or other educative websites and you'd see it will cost about $850m to setup a TV station. But you didn't even read the part where Lai said....

... the loan was aimed at establishing the media and culture industry centre at the cost of $245m, digitise all NTA stations at $11m and construct integrated television services to infuse on network, .......

Instead you were bent on making bold every letter you need to expose your ignorance.

A while ago, many people would scream about reformig NTA. The display is whack, their staff is this and that...... Here is a way out and then it's another complaint again

After reading my mentions, I still could see the reason why a white man's Twitter thrives better than Nairaland even within Nigeria. The old people outgrew here

Well, we currently have 12 centers in the country.

And one other person was asking me the use ; well, I'd ask you to make research yourself. But nevertheless, it's meant to promote, preserve your culture and also a means of job creation
Did channels, ait or arise borrowed 11million dolls to digitize their network?

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by LZAA: 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2020
Chai
Sai babarism sef
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed blackking98 ebenezar2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by BHigher(m): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
baby124:
Sell the useless station or enter a joint agreement with a company to manage it. Why borrow such huge sum for propaganda? This people should fear God with all these useless loans. Who will repay them?

Those granting them these useless loans better beware because Nigeria does not have the capacity or the ability to repay it. They are only lending money to thieves and a time will come where they will have to prove whether the people who collected the loan had the authority to collect such huge sums or the ability to pay.

Well said. Nigeria should be blacklisted by all lenders henceforth!!
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by seangy4konji: 8:30pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ask yourself ooo

Half a billion dollars to refurbish a TV station...TV station...

How much is a brand new TV station

Buhari...Your reward is in hell ooo
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2020
MasterRahl:

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/news/approval-of-500m-loan-will-rejig-nta-to-compete-with-cnn/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

There is nothing wrong in attracting investment of 500 million US but with the right business model for West Africa ,it can compete globally buy not with the likes of CNN that is an institution on its own.A global phenomenon.I totally understand where the Honourable Minister is coming from.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 10, 2020
How many times are they going to digitalize NTA, didn't Ben Bruse digitalized it more than 16 years ago when he was the DG?

Why borrow money for a recycled scam?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by seunayantokun(m): 8:56pm On Feb 10, 2020
The same digitalisation they have been doing all these years? The equipment bought before which was scandalously financed beyond imagination nko? SABC did a similar project without spending so much as Nigeria did. Yet another digitalisation wan follow? Thieves no dey repent.
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Esji80(m): 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
festacman:
With network of stations across Nigeria, Nigeria Television Authority should be a self-financing CASHCOW rather than a subvention-dependent sick cow. World class equipment and digitization would do little if the current NTA is not restructured. My suggestions:

- The first step in upgrading our good old NTA is to do a SWOT analysis of the Network and then articulate a self-sustaining business plan and matching business model, which stakeholders including NASS members should view and assess. Anything less than this means the loan money will be frittered away if approved. So, no PLAN or clear roadmap, no approval.

- Second step is to retain mainstream NTA News channel as public service station linking government to the people but with mandate to staff to be more dynamic rather than conservative.

- Third step is to create a number of Strategic Business Units (SBUs) out the existing network, which will service specific market segments as purely PROFIT CENTRES to be run by separate Managements and right staff size of dynamic professionals. Such SBUs all under NTA Board can be sports channel, entertainment and life style channel, live events channel, NTA television college, etc

If JAMB is now a revenue centre, what stops NTA from doing better?

We are talking about digitalization of NTA Stations you are busy giving out business plans biz models::::::

who told you that NTA is not generating revenue?

Do small Google search about how much NTA remitted to d TSA last year
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by oluwaseundaniel(m): 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
i think that is a crime for $500 borrwing on nigeria name when will they refunds the back i the answer
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by festacman(m): 9:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
Esji80:

We are talking about digitalization of NTA Stations you are busy giving out business plans biz models::::::

who told you that NTA is not generating revenue?

Do small Google search about how much NTA remitted to d TSA last year

Is NTA optimally exploiting the opportunities available in the various TV broadcasting market segments? Is NTA currently meeting the TV needs of the majority of Nigerians and competing well with its competitors in terms of contemporary content and viewership? Is NTA's current revenue higher or lower than the money FG puts into it every year?
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by Creativity007: 10:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
MISPLACED PRIORITIES ����������
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by maxzzo1(m): 10:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
Lie dey find chopings
Re: FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA by lexy2014: 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
Eborty:
thanks for your questions i honour it alot. The funny truth is that none matters as far as nairaland is concern, it only mattes when we unite and walk up to the govt for accountabilities and accredibilities. So now on positivity, it is not only centered on the govt but on the young citizens mindset as well. While the negativity implies you are not in line wit d significance of the loan if proven 2 be productive, perhaps u can as well say we terminate d loan nd duel behind d shadows of d world. We as a citizens re charge 2 applaud or criticize a govt. Note wateva u re posting here is nt taken 2 any govermental arm, it is btween ourselves, so why post ill comments, when u knw our children or siblings re hear seeking knowledge. Now imagine how ill comments or bad information shape the believe or mindset of childrn.

Tnx for d compliments. I appreciate. I think misunderstand me and u didn't answer my question. I ask again, "How does a persons positivity help d govt use a $500m loan judiciously? How does a persons negativity prevent d govt from judiciously using a $500m loan?"

Let me help u a bit. How does ur positivity help ur service provider (let's say mtn), provide d services for which it was established? How does ur negativity as a customer of mtn prevent mtn from providing network so u can make calls? Can u give example of when this happened?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Meets Pilot He Sponsored On Board A Flight To Abuja (Photos) / El-rufa’i Moves To Put Kaduna Back On Mega-city Top League / "Re-Arrest Kanu, Face Consequences" - Militants Tell FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.