Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

"CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President (8730 Views)

NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Boko Haram Raids Yobe Towns,steals Foodstuffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by strangerf: 4:54am On Dec 15, 2010
milehigh06:

sensible yans

Follow follow
Ode!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by aljharem11(m): 5:01am On Dec 15, 2010
edicolove:

I feel sad not only for David Mark but also for our news media and you lot here in Nairaland. You guys are all so uninformed and ignorant and that's why Nigeria suffers. CBN does not spend N300 billion as Mark alleged. Mark should resign for that statement. He just shows that he doesn't even understand the rudiments of economics and government and he shouldn't be presiding over an institution like national assembly. Overheard for CBN and overheard for NASS are 2 different things. for example, CBN can buy government bonds just to mop up the economy and check things like inflation. That doesn't mean they are spending the money on themselves or on projects. Its just economics. But then, the money is still recorded as expenditure against the CBN account. Its like using money to buy money. Its normal economics that government financial institutions all over the world do to regulate the economy. That is a major part of what makes up CBN expenditure. Apart from actual cost to run the organization. The NASS on the other hand spend this money on items like cars, hotel, furniture, etc. If mark does not know this, he doesn't no anything about governance. His comment is too ignorant for a senate president to make. It is a disgrace.

Good one

the senate president (david) is a disgrace to all senators in the world, he does not even know what he is talking about.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Ikeobinna(m): 6:58am On Dec 15, 2010
Welcome to nigeria comedy show, Lwkmd
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Tee2dBee: 8:48am On Dec 15, 2010
Next yr, NASS will b getting 25% or more of 4.2 trillion. Dat amount alone crashed my system
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by ahf(m): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2010
Absolute disgrace to be called Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Please let's start putting learned people in this position !! May God help us.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Remii(m): 10:03am On Dec 15, 2010
^^^^^^^Dimeji Bankole, who has all kinds of degrees, expressed a similar view at a public lecture in Unilag. Check this link.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/30/523.html

The guys are just on there own, not representing anyone, it is so sad.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by eherbal(m): 10:29am On Dec 15, 2010
atleast they're not denying to be thieves.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by bing(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2010
thief, ole, carry them go,
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Nonymartin(m): 11:40am On Dec 15, 2010
Well i dont blame the senators, the money they get per month is disturbing them. They cant get something reasonable i mean get prove. Pls sentors help nigerians.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by chakula: 11:51am On Dec 15, 2010
That is why the dudes decleared to themselves continuity.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by kinharold(m): 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2010
Why dont these senators respect the office they are currently occupying?
Why on earth would d senate president give such a response?

The guys are just on there own, not representing anyone, it is so sad.

And to think HE has just declared to contest for the FOURTH TERM

may God help us.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Dalonose: 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2010
Cool! At least we are getting somewhere, he has agreed that they really are responsible for the 25% as noted by the CBN Governor.

Let the PROBE begin! shocked
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by mrjingles(m): 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2010
Lets be clear on some simple facts- CBN is an AUTONOMOUS, SELF FUNDING INSTITUTION, its NOT a parastatal as some believe. Second CBN REMITS 75% of operating surplus to FG every year (Thats profit to the layman) this runs into billions annually. How many FG institutions raise money to cover operations, and realise gains at year end? CBN has always published audited accounts and they are available on the public record. the balance sheet size is over 1trillion naira. Mark is a misguided ex coupist and shdnt be taken seriously pls. The exponents of "accountability" should start with institutions who have NEVER presented any audited financials (not even the jibiti audited by auditor general).
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by eiete(f): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2010
lmao!!!

David mark should shut up. They are all thieves.

Pot calling kettle black.

Kiss my teeth!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Gbanj11: 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2010
So, CBN; Needs the funds 2 actually run the nations finance sector cheesy
Senate; Spends it on S#*t lipsrsealed
take ur pick : undecided
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2010
I think we need wikileaks to tell us who steal more between NASS and CBN
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by shoboy9: 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
does mark have any excuse for dis daft statement? being a soldier isn't any excuse, there're plenty of good ones out there. Perhaps he just doesn't see any need to respect the rest of us.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Remii(m): 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2010
shoboy9:

does mark have any excuse for dis daft statement? being a soldier isn't any excuse, there're plenty of good ones out there. Perhaps he just doesn't see any need to respect the rest of us.

I bet he does not have, same way he did not have one in 1988, when he wondered why students would complain of fuel price increase since they did not have cars, lol.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by violent(m): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2010
Remii:

I bet he does not have, same way he did not have one in 1988, when he wondered why students would complain of fuel price increase since they did not have cars, lol.

lol, wasnt he the same person who thinks phones aren't meant for the poor?
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Remii(m): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
violent:

lol, wasnt he the same person who thinks phones aren't meant for the poor?

Yes ooo, he is the same person. I wonder how he feels now, that even his megadi can talk to him nokia to nokia, lol
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by iluvnaija: 12:45am On Dec 16, 2010
INDIRECTLY THE BASTARD (DAVID MARK)HAS AGREED DAT HE IS A THIEF. RESPECT TO THE LEGENDARY FELA ANIKULAKPO KUTI. WE'LL CONTINUE TO SEE MORE OF THESE DRAMA IF WE FOLD OUR HANDS AND LOOK LIKE DONKEYS. NO REVOLUTION, NO SOLUTION! FELA U 2 MUCH. OUR PROBLEMS ARE "I NO WAN DIE, MAMA DEY FOR HOUSE, PAPA DEY FOR HOUSE, I WAN BUILD HOUSE, I GET ONE CHILD, I WAN ENJOY, AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Ibime(m): 12:54am On Dec 16, 2010
@ Mrjingles,

GBAM!!!

In a few succinct words, you've ended the debate.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Feraz(m): 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2010
ROTFLMAO!!! See senate president turned mathematician!!! Condition na im make crayfish bend
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Reference(m): 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2010
Hmmmm, we are still far from redemption.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by marcus1234: 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2010
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by sley4life(m): 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2010
Lawmakers 25%. CBN 50% so na 140million nigerians dey share the rest 25%. Ole
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by az77zy(m): 8:50pm On Dec 16, 2010
David mark is a real example of semi illitrate who can not think inteligently. He has acknowledge they are thieves so what's the point trying to justify their stealing with regard to c.b.n. If not for his block headedness. Sanusi is an inteligent man with integrity which all nigerias can see for themselves. Its time we revolt against these blockheaded thieves call nass members
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by wazobiang: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2010
senate president? more like primary 1 class prefect. see thinking. and these people are supposed to think and bring out new laws for our consumption.
these people are riding on the work done by nnamdi azikiwe, awolowo, tafawa balewa dem.
they're doing nothing there.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by CGKing(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2010
He actually admitted that he is a theif without knowing. God, how can we have these kinds as leaders?

Its about time thinking people like me get into this thing and revolutionize.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 20, 2010
CBN steals , so the Senate too has to Steal.
@ least he agreed that the Senate do steal. we are getting somewhere.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Goldenmeda(m): 10:44am On Dec 20, 2010
See hw den dey share naija money, shame on u DM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Fire Tear Gas At Surging Crowd At Lagos Air Crash Site / Barcanista: Jonathan Behaved Foolish For Appointing Dasuki / If Politician Invites You For Thuggery, Ask Him To Recruit His Child - Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.