Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,620 members, 7,770,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:35 PM

FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South (55153 Views)

Buhari Approves Two New Seaports – Railway From Port Harcourt To Maiduguri / Breaking: FG To Construct Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line, Two New Seaports / New Seaports Underway To Ease Apapa Gridlock –NPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by I888(m): 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
There is a game plan in that region to compete with Lagos ports.

I love it.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by amadiwati(m): 4:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by picoba(m): 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
It is a bribe for you to forget what your agitations. More are still on the way to the south. All in the name of 2023 presidency to remain in the North.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by lexy2014: 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

They are not just upgrading but building new Deep Seaport in the SS.

One in Bonny and the other in Warri, something GEJ could not do.
cc pazienza, lalasticlala

Y building new ones when d existing ones are barely functional?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by lexy2014: 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2020
I888:
There is a game plan in that region to compete with Lagos ports.

I love it.

What is d game plan?
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Legendguru: 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2020
hmmmm
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by NigeriaBam: 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
tongue Mission 2023
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Blackking98(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
Ok good. But Calabar, akwa ibom, and onne ports are barely thriving, why not revive them and then build new ones if necessary

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by lexy2014: 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
wonuks:
wawuu

This is good news. I have been wondering why Nigeria was adamant about opening new ports. Weldone Bubu

What's d need of opening new ports when d existing ones are barely functional?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by mvem(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

Well, I have to remind you that SS is Biafran territory and so shall it be when referendum holds.
are you forcing them now the way you accuse the hausa of forcing you

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by puremaker7(m): 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
hammerU:
The only mixed reaction here is Afonja.

The rest of us welcome this development.
what has Afonja done again, u miserable bastard?
Did Afonja rape your mother without protection?

7 Likes

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by DMerciful(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
They only proposed, they have not done it neither will they do it. When will you realise this is a govt of 'we will'?
hammerU:
[s][/s]

REMOVE YOUR WICKED, GREEDY AND JEALOUS EYE FROM SS PORTS PROJECT.

IT IS NOT BEING CONSTRUCTED ON YOUR LAND.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Blackking98(m): 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

Well, I have to remind you that SS is Biafran territory and so shall it be when referendum holds.
Una no de tire? We don't want to be part of Biafra o issit by force? Dah nawa o. The same way you're looking at the North as attache by force is the same way we're looking at u as attache by force. Rest please. My dad is akwa ibom and mum my mom is from cross river, I was born and raised in Calabar, I can confidently tell u we support your agitation but we won't be part of your country simple, and before u start saying Gen effiong fought for Biafra I'll remind u that Gen wellington bassey, Gen Udo Udo , Gen U J Esuene and others fought on the federal side because an overwhelming majority of us never wanted to be part of biafra and it remains that way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by frowland(m): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

GEJ didn't do it because he is not as stupid as the fools you are supporting.

Apapa wharf gridlock is a national disaster. What has your govt done about it?

Calabar port needs dredging so that bigger vessels can berth. What has your govt done about it?

Warri and Onne ports are reported to be battling obselete infrastructure and piracy. What has your govt done about?

Onitsha seaport needs dredging to start taking vessels. What has your govt done about it?

It is only fools of wanton stupidity that would start a whole new ports while having not fixed existing ones.

Do these people have brains at all?

Funny thing is that you went ahead to list what even the previous government couldn't do for 16yrs.
Since you objected and said GEJ is not stupid, I expected you to list what he did to remedy the situation you listed up there!
If I were you guys, you all should sit this one out as none of you have any morale ground to question why this govt is not performing. Different sides of the same coin. Nonesense.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Tstark(m): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

GEJ didn't do it because he is not as stupid as the fools you are supporting.

Apapa wharf gridlock is a national disaster. What has your govt done about it?

Calabar port needs dredging so that bigger vessels can berth. What has your govt done about it?

Warri and Onne ports are reported to be battling obselete infrastructure and piracy. What has your govt done about?

Onitsha seaport needs dredging to start taking vessels. What has your govt done about it?

It is only fools of wanton stupidity that would start a whole new ports while having not fixed existing ones.

Do these people have brains at all?

But the same man you are defending did nothing at all to solve the problems you just listed, or did these problems start under Buhari?so what exactly is your point?? It seems like your logic is to just do nothing like your "God" GEJ did, and that makes you happy?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Antoeni(m): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
The Idiots Of South-South, What’s Opinion on This Laudable Project?
Are you Sure PMB is Not Doing the Wrong thing?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by jneutron4000: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
hammerU:

hahaha, as a Yoruba man, am happy for this news. And this is part of Amotekun effect. We want the Fed government of Nigeria through the NPA to hands off our port. The fulanis are the ones with the backing of English controlling our ports in Yorubaland. The only and major thing the Fulanis need now is an access and total control to the sea, what they are simply doing is to restrategize to take absolute control of a sea port, Yoruba land now is over and a no go area for them. They are looking for ways to claim water ways. All they need to to build a railway down to the North from the sea they wish to claim. All the revenue the Lagos port has being generating has never for once invested into Lagos or any Yoruba land economy rather it goes straight to Abuja and fulanis takes the lion share. Go view Asari dokubo latest video on YouTube where he reveals some of this plan. Also watch Adeyinka Grandson videos then you will know Yorubas are positive about this news that we are taking control of our ports gradually grin

8 Likes

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Empiree: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
hammerU:

and later you ipob would say Buhari doesn't care about you

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by jneutron4000: 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
Citytrend:
It is Long overdue. Jagaban will certainly not welcome this News because of Tax
says who That's also Jagabans plan. To cut off Federal's hand on Yoruba ports.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Dee60: 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
This is like going to build new airports in Abeokuta and in Badagry while allowing MMA to rot away!

They are looking for another 'NTA' to allocate 500 million dollars into. And maybe this time 5 billion dollars!

Get it!

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by McMore4more: 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by sniperr007(m): 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

They are not just upgrading but building new Deep Seaport in the SS.

One in Bonny and the other in Warri, something GEJ could not do.
cc pazienza, lalasticlala

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by frowland(m): 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2020
Tstark:

But the same man you are defending did nothing at all to solve the problems you just listed, or did these problems start under Buhari?so what exactly is your point?? It seems like your logic is to just do nothing like your "God" GEJ did, and that makes you happy?

The guy get serious problem. The same GEJ didn't solve any of those issues he listed, so what is he defending?

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Yankee101: 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
Ameotekun
Fight the FG and it will fight back
When they are done with the South West (border closure, ports relocation, review of federal allocation and projects), the economy will be on life support
Buhari's people are efficient in wickedness

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Pauliprecious: 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
What abt Ibom Seaport in AkwaIbom State?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by jneutron4000: 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
Dpharisee:
Amotekunization of the SW will be to the advantage of the SS and SE under a nepotistic Buhari regime, the North is thinking about how to move goods to the hinterland, Calabar Port is closer to the core north than Lagos, River Niger has been dredged from Warri to Baro Port in Niger State.

This is part of the ground works for the eventual reconciliation efforts between the core north and the SS.
This Buhari Govt operates on paying for regions loyalty. Those who danced when he said some areas gave him 5% and should be treated as pariah may cry soon
hahahaha so you genuinely thinks Fulanis are out for reconciliation or rather to take total control of the port. grin anyways good luck as for me a Yoruba and a member of the Young Yoruba for freedom am happy for the news as we are gradually cutting off Fulanis hands in our port.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by eldeens: 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
CarlosTheJackal:
It seems starting a new project gives these politicians a leeway to steal public funds.

I'm in support of upgrading the present Eastern ports

Exactly my brother, upgrading the existing ones will go a long way, what are they even doing about dredging of Baro port in Niger State and that of kogi
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Centcanada: 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
Stupidity does not need license. Why can never them focus on doing Justice with the one in south east or is it because is In Igbo Land? Selfishness and tribalism will finish you people but I have one word for you presidency in the sense that they will be alive and Biafra will come.

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by olatilldend: 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
Why not make the existing ones fully functional?
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by PicLtd: 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
Dpharisee:
Amotekunization of the SW will be to the advantage of the SS and SE under a nepotistic Buhari regime, the North is thinking about how to move goods to the hinterland, Calabar Port is closer to the core north than Lagos, River Niger has been dredged from Warri to Baro Port in Niger State.

This is part of the ground works for the eventual reconciliation efforts between the core north and the SS.
This Buhari Govt operates on paying for regions loyalty. Those who danced when he said some areas gave him 5% and should be treated as pariah may cry soon

Sorry o..but how is 'Calabar port closer to core north than Lagos'?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Umahi Receives Fatima Mukhtar, Buhari's Daughter On Her Official Visit To Ebonyi / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / Throwback Photo Of Dele Momodu With Late Sani Abacha's Daughters In 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.