Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South (55148 Views)

Buhari Approves Two New Seaports – Railway From Port Harcourt To Maiduguri / Breaking: FG To Construct Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line, Two New Seaports / New Seaports Underway To Ease Apapa Gridlock –NPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Solocoin: 5:34am On Feb 12, 2020
Does this really make any sense? what happened to the already existing port in the region that is not working? why not upgrade it and put it to use? What happened to Ibom seaport that is waiting approval from the federal government?
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by jaxxy(m): 5:40am On Feb 12, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

REMOVE YOUR WICKED, GREEDY AND JEALOUS EYE FROM SS PORTS PROJECT.

IT IS NOT BEING CONSTRUCTED ON YOUR LAND.

I was hoping u will counter his argument with some sense not this highly ridiculous and divisive statement u just made.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by captain247: 5:59am On Feb 12, 2020
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Jamarii: 6:39am On Feb 12, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

So, one ignorant idiot on the internet = The SW?

Set a good example or at least show that you are a better person than that idiot instead of swimming in the same gutter he swims in.

[/s]
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by cia698(m): 6:42am On Feb 12, 2020
What about the long overdue Ibaka Deep Sea Port?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Jamarii: 6:43am On Feb 12, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

The love to fool themselves and pretend that GEJ or the PDP were never in charge for 16 years and the issues he listed did not exist under GEJ and PDP.

[/s]
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Jamarii: 6:52am On Feb 12, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

You obviously don't know anything, some of you just vent based on what you know nothing about instead of asking and get educated with facts and proper understanding.

1. The Eastern seaports the previous administrations neglected and let rot away are coming back to life because of needed FG attention from dredging to good policies so where did you get your stories about not maintaining the ports from? Where

2. You said Onne port is besieged with obsolete equipment which was a lie and your own fabrication, Onne port is the fastest growing port outside of Lagos, the port even reached a significant milestone in 2019 when it successfully berthed the first gearless and largest container vessel (LOA of 265.07metres) to call any Eastern Ports of Nigeria.”

3. Rivers port is also seeing increased activity after years or ZERO activity.

4. The Apapa traffic gridlock was there for 16 years while you, Jona and his gang looked the other way, but today, the road is under construction and it's the longest concrete road and the the best road in Nigeria.

Everything you typed = Ignorant rubbish and sad to see that over 300 ignorant people liked your lies and rubbish.
[/s]
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by jneutron4000: 7:29am On Feb 12, 2020
jamesversion:

You seem not to understand what an economy is and how it comes about. Economy simply is the total economic activities that takes places within a specified area. And the location of Nigeria's most important ports in Lagos is a plus on the overall economic activities of Lagos.

Wether you accept or not, the influx of hundreds of thousands of people (if not millions) yearly to the ports in Lagos and the value they add to the Lagos economy cannot be overstated. If say Rivers for example had half the influx of people from everywhere in Nigeria to spend at least 3days going about economic activities, it will surely reflect on our indices.

Building a port is not something that is exclusive. Any state in Nigeria with access to sea can conveniently locate a port. Lagos is just fortunate to benefit from the lopsidedness if the Nigerian state.

You and your likeminds in the SWest should disabuse your minds of any plan to bomb NPA cos the Ships will only be redirected to either Rivers, Delta or Calabar. Nothing special in Lagos. Please leave bragging of bombings for those that actually have the bragging rights, ie the Nigerian Deltans that own crude oil.
I will enliglighten you a little and I will also want you to accept my first advice on you watching Adeyinka Grandson videos on line. Many Nigerians including you don't know that one of the major reasons Lagos state sea port is preferable is because it's a deep sea port that any Panama ship can dock easily with any problem others are not but can only small and medium vessels, study Nigeria coastal areas and you will see it yourself. Haven't said that, my point is that NPA should shift their focus and too much dependant on Yoruba ports, We Yorubas want to be in charge of our ports. This move for us is a step that gradually the FG will loss the grip of highly depending and holding on to our ports because they have alternatives.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Codes151(m): 7:48am On Feb 12, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

They are not just upgrading but building new Deep Seaport in the SS.

One in Bonny and the other in Warri, something GEJ could not do.
cc pazienza, lalasticlala
there are requirements. You don’t wake up and approve sea ports.

Read books before uttering shits.
There are licenses, EIA reports etc...

Once’s your ready You send it in for review. After which it’s approved.

Ibaka sea port in akwa Ibom is one of the natural sea ports if created. It’s undergoing its processes for review currently. When ever it’s done, finalized. It will follow due process.

Running a country isn’t the same as putting polish in a basket and setting out to polish shoes!!
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by codedguy1(m): 7:52am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:

GEJ didn't do it because he is not as stupid as the fools you are supporting.

Apapa wharf gridlock is a national disaster. What has your govt done about it?

Calabar port needs dredging so that bigger vessels can berth. What has your govt done about it?

Warri and Onne ports are reported to be battling obselete infrastructure and piracy. What has your govt done about?

Onitsha seaport needs dredging to start taking vessels. What has your govt done about it?

It is only fools of wanton stupidity that would start a whole new ports while having not fixed existing ones.

Do these people have brains at all?

Don't waste your time with that dingbat, he knows nothing about nothing just like the govt he supports.

Buncha useless, brainless, rettarrded, irresponsible, wicked, selfish idiots we have ruling this country now. I have no adjectives to describe those who support them.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by AFONJACOW(m): 8:35am On Feb 12, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

They are not just upgrading but building new Deep Seaport in the SS.

One in Bonny and the other in Warri, something GEJ could not do.
cc pazienza, lalasticlala
is ur sense working anticlockwise The money they will spend to put just New one into use can fix all the eastern ports and change go remain
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by hammerU: 8:52am On Feb 12, 2020
Dedetwo:

Warri is good but Bonny. Why should the idiotic federal government of Nigeria build Deep Seaport in the Island of Ubani (Bonny) when it is not contiguous with the rest of so-called South-south?

Dat island of Bonny was home to alot of Igbos destined to transatlantic slave trade.

Anything on that Island is intended for Ndiigbo.

I will like to believe dat.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Babyface33: 9:11am On Feb 12, 2020
Please help a brother,I seriously needs a job.
Location - ibadan
Qualification - HND in mathematics and statistics
Skill- advanced learning on excel,python and good in data analysis
Contact- henryify33@gmail.com
Thanks,God bless
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Applelips: 10:59am On Feb 12, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

REMOVE YOUR WICKED, GREEDY AND JEALOUS EYE FROM SS PORTS PROJECT.

IT IS NOT BEING CONSTRUCTED ON YOUR LAND.

I dnt understand your blabbing. Is calabar, Onne and warri not in the SS? Why embark on new projects when the old ones are docile. You think its the new ones that will do all the magic?

Most of you are empty upstairs. you sentimentalize everything.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by frowland(m): 1:36pm On Feb 12, 2020
BrutalJab:

Why was GEJ voted out

So you are still stuck with GEJ since 2015?

How old are you?

Age is not the problem here cheif, and I am not the one who is sticking with GEJ but the person who mentioned him in the first instance. So maybe before you jump to a discuss, try and know how the chat line/conversations began.
Regarding age, maybe you come and have a seat with me face to face to know my age. Internet have made kids think themselves a man. I still maintain that over the years, NL is morphing gradually to Facebook. Thanks & remain blessed.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by writeprof(m): 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2020
Nonsense! They should make the ones there to work! Warri has a standard port at NPA which used to be very vibrant!
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by NGpatriot: 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:

Have all there are to be done in these ports been done?

Tell yourself the truth and forget about arguing academically, does Rivers need a whole new port instead of pumping that money into making existing ones a world class?

It's just like the Port Harcourt international Airport, despite the commissioning of the new airport terminal that was built by Jonathan, would you consider it a wise decision if the govt suggests building new airport in Rivers while the existing one is yearning for infrastructure?

Come on na. Must we defend clear mistake?

You are here on NL stating your privilege opinion, but the realities are on the ground and the stakeholders are expressing satisfaction and seeing the progress in the daily shipping activities, Onne port that you bad mouth and claimed obsolete is the fastest improving seaport in Nigeria, Rivers port for the first time in years finally resumed activities with 9 ships visiting after ZERO in years.

The fact is, I believe and trust the folks on the ground, people making a living and seeing improved government actions and positive balance sheets and money in their pockets

If you are bothered by agitation for new ports in that region, face the state governments instead of the FG because the states are the ones clamoring for the seaports, the FG's only action is to deny or approve and they've approved the projects. It us up to the states to look for money to do whatever they want.

Trust me, if the news was FG denied approval, we won't hear word, it's going to be another round of hateful noise and cries about PMB hating the south and denying progress in the south. I even see you, in particular, joining that chorus.

This government can not do anything to satisfy many of you because you naturally hate this government and negate everything they do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did Amaechi Visit APC Chairman, Adamu, With Bags Of Cash? - Fact Check (Photo) / Enugu's New State Secretariat / Lady Caught Destroying Tinubu’s Posters In Enugu (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.