Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,483 members, 7,770,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:45 AM

FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South (55145 Views)

Buhari Approves Two New Seaports – Railway From Port Harcourt To Maiduguri / Breaking: FG To Construct Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line, Two New Seaports / New Seaports Underway To Ease Apapa Gridlock –NPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by trilobite: 5:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

REMOVE YOUR WICKED, GREEDY AND JEALOUS EYE FROM SS PORTS PROJECT.

IT IS NOT BEING CONSTRUCTED ON YOUR LAND.

When someone makes so much sense, you have no choice but to show your stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by desiredhome: 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2020
Zico5:
Government with no direction. Always thinking with their anus. This is the misplaced priority of the highest order. May God help us, 2023 is too long.
And what are you expecting in 2023?
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by freshvine(f): 5:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
Tomide007:

Does lagos receive tax from the port? only FG does

5% withholding tax goes to lagos state government from stakeholders, the workforce it'll generate pays income taxes, royalties, etc
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Dagrace01(m): 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
CarlosTheJackal:
It seems starting a new project gives these politicians a leeway to steal public funds.

I'm in support of upgrading the present Eastern ports
If they upgrade, you'll say they working on projects initiated by past administrations, now they are initiating a new project in that region u are still not satisfied.
Nawa o
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by CoolAmbience(m): 5:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

They are not just upgrading but building new Deep Seaport in the SS.

One in Bonny and the other in Warri, something GEJ could not do.
cc pazienza, lalasticlala

Buhari and Jonathan nor be mate..

Jonathan go Aso Rock go loot and drink, Buhari go Aso Rock to lay solid foundation and to leave legacy.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by osazsky(m): 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
Okoroawusa:

All these problems you listed what did GEJ do about them?

Or the problems started in 2015?
and what did Obasanjo and ur yar'adua do abt it or the problem started in 2009 spits
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Sapphire94: 5:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
Citytrend:
It is Long overdue. Jagaban will certainly not welcome this News because of Tax

Baba You Just said nonsense

Give me the Logo I paid for.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Sniper101(m): 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
[quote] Awol1:

Well, I have to remind you that SS is Biafran territory and so shall it be when referendum holds.[quote]

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by uwa244(m): 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
Has it been actualize now? It is more of political statement than its reality.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by CoolAmbience(m): 5:57pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

GEJ didn't do it because he is not as stupid as the fools you are supporting.

Apapa wharf gridlock is a national disaster. What has your govt done about it?

Calabar port needs dredging so that bigger vessels can berth. What has your govt done about it?

Warri and Onne ports are reported to be battling obselete infrastructure and piracy. What has your govt done about?

Onitsha seaport needs dredging to start taking vessels. What has your govt done about it?

It is only fools of wanton stupidity that would start a whole new ports while having not fixed existing ones.

Do these people have brains at all?

You are so daft that you didn't realize the implications of your 'Onitsha seaport needs', 'Onne seaport needs', 'Calabar seaport needs dredging for larger vessels'......bla bla bla.

Any mentally stable person will read what you wrote and figure out that you only succeeded in indicting Jonathan. If all these ports need this and that, what did Jonathan do in office for 5 years, especially when we consider that he is from the South south region?

Who told you that the seaports are not been attended to?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/200-ships-now-berth-in-warri-ports-npa-dg/sbvg4ds.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiWt8yx-cnnAhUGXxoKHVnSA64QFjAQegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0S_Gwg4X1sfKeGgwnsInyG&ampcf=1

The Apapa-Oshodi-Oworoshoki Expressway project and extension of the Lagos-Ibadan Railway project to Apapa wharf are critical interventions being currently put in place to extensively address the gridlock in that axis of Lagos state.

Who now is suffering wanton stupidity and is without brains?
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Yankee101: 6:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
jneutron4000:
do you think Lagos state and Yoruba land is benefiting from that port Some of you are ignorant on the Federal government revenue system. The NPA generates revenue thru Lagos seaport and take the money down to Abuja without reinventing it back into the Lagos economy, Fulanis now takes the lion share. Go and see the road of Apapa Wharf that's generating stupendous money to the Federal government account very bad road. We Yorubas wants to control our port. We need the Fulanis and NPA to hands off.

Then you know nothing about revenue generation is Lagos state and the sharing formula for FG derived revenue

https://shipsandports.com.ng/wharf-landing-fees-and-apapa-gridlock/
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Citytrend: 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2020
Sapphire94:

Baba You Just said nonsense

Give me the Logo I paid for.
message me
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by jneutron4000: 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
jamesversion:

Yes, Lagos and by extension Yorubaland are benefiting immensely from the port in Lagos. Forget about revenue coming directly from the port and consider all other economic benefits acruable to Lagos as a result of it being the location of a port.

The importer who travels from say PH to Lagos to clear his goods will stay in a hotel, will eat food, will pay transport to and fro within his stay in Lagos before going back to PH.

A company who usually import raw materials through Lagos port will consider setting up shop in Lagos to save cost/risk of long haulage to say PH.

Clearing agents, forwarders et al will reside in Lagos, and do business within the locality, improving the economy of Lagos.

NPA staff and other FG agencies affiliated to Ports/Shipping will reside in Lagos, send their kids to schools, open business for themselves or other family members and ultimately improve the Lagos economy.

So please, tell your bullshit to an idiot.
Then you lack knowledge if you think that Yorubas are benefiting from Nigeria using our port, you started the positive side and you left the Negative part, the damage Containers from Lagos ports are are being transported causes to the roads in Yorubaland. Are you daft to know that if Yoruba have total control to our port, we will use it to the full capacity to benefit ourselves, create massive jobs for Yorubas, and use it to develop our land. Are clearing and forwarding agents doing Yorubas any favour, or rather they are there for their own gain. If We Yorubas have total control of our ports, it will be 10x better than the shit we have. A port that Sultan of Sokoto or emir of Kano will make a,simple call and their Fulanis brothers will be employed and the Oba of Lagos or Ooni can not get Yoruba citizens a job in our port, and you are tell me it benefiting Yorubaland. You must be silly. Go and watch Adeyinka Grandson videos on YouTube where he is advocating we Yorubas should blow up the ports since we the owner are not benefiting from it which I totally agree to.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

Calabar port needs dredging so that bigger vessels can berth. What has your govt done about it?

Warri and Onne ports are reported to be battling obselete infrastructure and piracy. What has your govt done about?

Onitsha seaport needs dredging to start taking vessels. What has your govt done about it?

It is only fools of wanton stupidity that would start a whole new ports while having not fixed existing ones.

You deserve a big champagne on me for this response that is so laden with facts and critical thinking which can only come from a rational being with a functional brain cells.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by BreconHills(m): 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

Your statement doesnt make sense. You cannot say that GEJ refusal to develop any sea ports and his patient vigil on the systematic destruction of access to the Lagos sea port was an act of wisdom. That would be giving wisdom a bad name. When did doing nothing become a strategy? For 16 years Lagos state offered to repair access roads in Apapa and were told - keep off - Federal road!

The same goes for the Eastern ports. The allocation of southern ports should be welcomed as another step towards the distribution of infrastructure around all regions in the federation. Instead of getting all in arms over the report, the proper response should have been "Thanks, when will it get done, and by the way fix these as well". Life is not "either or" Most of the time it includes the word "and"

Adopting an adversarial tone is false braggadio. It doesnt make sense to create a fight out of nothing.

We cannot turn parts of our brain dark simply because we have a limbic responses to "Buhari" or " this government" wherever it occurs in a sentence. Let's hold the government to its words instead of fighting long forgotten wars that profit no one.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by jneutron4000: 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
Yankee101:

Then you know nothing about revenue generation is Lagos state and the sharing formula for FG derived revenue

https://shipsandports.com.ng/wharf-landing-fees-and-apapa-gridlock/
Lagos state is not getting up to 10% of What's the port is generating, Fulanis that do not have any sea port are benefiting way higher that Lagos state that is generating the revenue for the NPA. So what formula are you shouting up and down when Lagos state government ought to be the one giving FG let say 10% and keep the remaining. This is the fraud in the constitution about the sharing formula we are talking about.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Yankee101: 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2020
jneutron4000:
Lagos state is not getting up to 10% of What's the port is generating, Fulanis that do not have any sea port are benefiting way higher that Lagos state that is generating the revenue for the NPA. So what formula are you shouting up and down when Lagos state government ought to be the one giving FG let say 10% and keep the remaining. This is the fraud in the constitution about the sharing formula we are talking about.

You're losing focus of the arguement.
I posted that the FG will try to take the little lagos already gets cos of Amoetekun. No one said the don't get the lion share.

Your initial position was lagos gets nothing from the ports, which is absolutely wrong
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by BlacDonaldTrump(m): 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
Point of correction sir, WE ARE A VERY POOR NATION. OUR ANNUAL BUDGET, POPULATION AND GDP SAYS IT ALL.

Kingspin:
We are a wealthy nation but those in government lack the sense.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by AmTruth: 6:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
What is really delaying the Maidugri to Portharcourt railway.
Uncle Amaechi this is becoming overdue since it seems the Lagos to Calabar railways is not feasible.

Do something fast as we are not happy about that.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by ugohenry2019(m): 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=hammerU post=86557186][s][/s]

They are not just upgrading but building new Deep Seaport in the SS.

One in Bonny and the other in Warri, something GEJ could not do. cc pazienza, lalasticlala [/quote
and what is wrong in fixing the former before building a new one....
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
BreconHills:

Your statement doesnt make sense. You cannot say that GEJ refusal to develop any sea ports and his patient vigil on the systematic destruction of access to the Lagos sea port was an act of wisdom. That would be giving wisdom a bad name. When did doing nothing become a strategy? For 16 years Lagos state offered to repair access roads in Apapa and were told - keep off - Federal road!

The same goes for the Eastern ports. The allocation of southern ports should be welcomed as another step towards the distribution of infrastructure around all regions in the federation. Instead of getting all in arms over the report, the proper response should have been "Thanks, when will it get done, and by the way fix these as well". Life is not "either or" Most of the time it includes the word "and"

Adopting an adversarial tone is false braggadio. It doesnt make sense to create a fight out of nothing.

We cannot turn parts of our brain dark simply because we have a limbic responses to "Buhari" or " this government" wherever it occurs in a sentence. Let's hold the government to its words instead of fighting long forgotten wars that profit no one.

I'm not saying he was right not to do anything, but at least he didn't attempt to build new seaports having not attended to existing ones.

That's my point.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
byrron:

You deserve a big champagne on me for this response that is so laden with facts and critical thinking which can only come from a rational being with a functional brain cells.

Thank u baba.

We need to rescue this country.

It's a task that must be done.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by eLcastro(m): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2020
Laughable....the ones we have already are dey working.?
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
CoolAmbience:

You are so daft that you didn't realize the implications of your 'Onitsha seaport needs', 'Onne seaport needs', 'Calabar seaport needs dredging for larger vessels'......bla bla bla.

Any mentally stable person will read what you wrote and figure out that you only succeeded in indicting Jonathan. If all these ports need this and that, what did Jonathan do in office for 5 years, especially when we consider that he is from the South south region?

Who told you that the seaports are not been attended to?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/200-ships-now-berth-in-warri-ports-npa-dg/sbvg4ds.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiWt8yx-cnnAhUGXxoKHVnSA64QFjAQegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0S_Gwg4X1sfKeGgwnsInyG&ampcf=1

The Apapa-Oshodi-Oworoshoki Expressway project and extension of the Lagos-Ibadan Railway project to Apapa wharf are critical interventions being currently put in place to extensively address the gridlock in that axis of Lagos state.

Who now is suffering wanton stupidity and is without brains?

As much you think I indicted GEJ, my grouse is that GEJ didn't suggest building new seaports while having not fixed the terrible state of the existing ones.

How can you start a new building when the one you live in has a leaking roof?

Who does that?
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by bencliff2017: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
your points would have been adorable without the insults attached
all the same you made a very good point

Awol1:

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
Titogbanski:

It is so easy to predict that someone would soon tell you that GEJ did not do this or that which makes me wonder whether stories like these are mainly designed for propaganda purposes.

GEJ attempted to do a lot STRATEGIC projects for his region amidst one of the one opposed and vilified Presidency in Nigeria...but the same factors that have held the region down prevailed. I give a few instances below;

GEJ approved Onne as the official seaport for all oil related equipment and materials which PMB changed back to Lagos.

Also GEJ approved the multi billion Naira logistic handling Port at Agge and some preliminary works were commenced .....but PMB again changed it back to Lagos which is the LADOL you hear about. It is raking in Billions in revenue and income presently. Some major vessels are doing their drydocking there.

Again GEJ set off the maritime university at Okerenkoko Delta State.....the school as part of its facilities was to host the biggest dockyard in the African sub region which would have attracted large vessels for dry dock, many new skills and improved the economy of the area. PMB has now vetoed or cancelled the Maritime University in Delta.

Again the Lagos - Calabar Coastal Railway project was proposed as a PPP project with the Chinese, and all the paperwork had been completed for the take-off.....once again PMB cancelled despite the fact that the FG was not to pay much of the cost for the project. Today that project is on voice mail.

The East West Road witnessed the most accelerated construction during the GEJ era which brought it about 70% completion in spite of the terrible challenges of terrain, budget and detractors. Under PMB the East-West Road has been abandoned completely. No work for 4 years now!!!!!

The list goes on and on...the problem of the Niger Delta is not internal...it is externally induced....otherwise tell me why Tinapa cannot work as a free trade zone

Thank you for this indept analysis.

I know GEJ had good intentions for this country.

Of course he's intelligent.

His problem was political correctness. If I ever have the chance to power, I'll do all I wanna do in my first tenure including settling my region if that's what I have to do.

Following the politics of this country has taught me a great deal.
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by SwenFootwear92(m): 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Dey have brain ooooo
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by obstead200(m): 7:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

REMOVE YOUR WICKED, GREEDY AND JEALOUS EYE FROM SS PORTS PROJECT.

IT IS NOT BEING CONSTRUCTED ON YOUR LAND.
oga Ur stupidity is infinite.
The guy u are quoting made too much sense. We have 4 seaports in the SS. Non is functional. What is the point of building new ones? What is the guarantee that they would be functional?
Why not use that cash to fix existing ones?

U are here feeling like someone defending the SS/SE. I am Igbo, but unlike u, I have common sense.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

Thank u baba.

We need to rescue this country.

It's a task that must be done.

While your points are valid but I want to differ a bit, the country does not need to be rescued rather the gullible masses in it needs to be rescued from their endemic sycophantic stupidity and celebration of mediocrity since they are the ones cheering and supporting criminals that has led Nigeria into perpetual stagnation with no redemption insight.

Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Banmeallday: 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
Did you know Amaechi kids attend/attended University abroad and did not have to smell the Nigger Area air?

These politicians are playing games with you all and have 0 respect for those they are meant to be serving. SO they just woke up and decided to approve new Seaports when those that are there to be upgraded/updated they refuse to do it....

Amaechi if I catch u eeeeh...
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
frowland:

Funny thing is that you went ahead to list what even the previous government couldn't do for 16yrs.
Since you objected and said GEJ is not stupid, I expected you to list what he did to remedy the situation you listed up there!
If I were you guys, you all should sit this one out as none of you have any morale ground to question why this govt is not performing. Different sides of the same coin. Nonesense.

Granted he did not do anything about the ports.

But he didnt attempt building new ones while the old ones are battling obselete infrastructures.

Who starts a new house while the one he lives in is leaking?

Who does that?
Re: FG Approves Two New Seaports In South-South by CoolAmbience(m): 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:

As much you think I indicted GEJ, my grouse is that GEJ didn't suggest building new seaports while having not fixed the terrible state of the existing ones.

How can you start a new building when the one you live in has a leaking roof?

Who does that?

I didn't just think that you indicted GEJ because that was exactly what you did.

And you thought it was okay to call everyone who supports Buhari's administration names.

Plus you went ahead to misrepresent that nothing was being done to the existing seaports, which was glaringly untrue.

At least, you saw the link confirming substantially increasing activities at the Warri seaport. You go and see things for yourself.

Would you say that you are privy to the inner justifications for the approval of two new seaports? Do you know if these are results of specific fresh FDIs into the country or due to strategic long term considerations?

Oga, if the roof of your mud house is leaking, you will need to build a new, more solid house prior to bringing down the mud house.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian / Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) / Ladies Join Topless Protest In Lagos #OurMumuDonDo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.