Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India (17995 Views)

Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) / Train Goes Off The Railway In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Ebute-Metta Railway In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 12:43am On Feb 19, 2020
trucks on the train

2 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 12:57am On Feb 19, 2020
people about to get off the train , close to mumbai. they rushed and pushed, violently.

two guys behind my seat almost had a fight. they looked "nice" when they were placid. so, who knows .

3 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 1:01am On Feb 19, 2020
the satellite city to the satellite city Thane to the megalopolis Mumbai.

this is the third tier city around mumbai , but crowded still.

our train past endless lesser stations before pulled in mumbai. i wanted to go to toilet but too many people in the train

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 1:07am On Feb 19, 2020
many touts before the mumbai station. they never refused you, instead they preyed on you to stay in their hotel.

even an old security man persuaded me to stay in his hotel , which was several blocks away. too far.

i calmed myself down , i felt flattered. i ate a nice meal first.

2 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 1:11am On Feb 19, 2020
spicy stir-fry chicken. this was what it should be ! this was real food ! come on, man !

this with a pancake , 130 rupee, 650 naira. flushed down with a coca cola.

i dont have any disrespect to alien food, provided they should be delicious. and this meal is totally ok.

5 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 1:13am On Feb 19, 2020
the pancake

end of day 10

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 1:18am On Feb 19, 2020
day 11 , mumbai to ahmadabad. the ancient historic royal area, so, i could sense the atmosphere.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 1:22am On Feb 19, 2020
early mumbai, i found a big byre in the center of this city.

cow dung and waste was on the ground.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 1:26am On Feb 19, 2020
waiting my train in a "elite-only" waiting room. with a little wee breeze of air con , and a still smelly toilet as that in the lower class waiting room.

but at least fewer people, and they looked "decent" here.

needed to show the ticket and register before come in. but i sneaked in .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 1:29am On Feb 19, 2020
cover your nose when sneezing. the post on the wall said.

the guard chair for this rich-man-only waiting room

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 1:58am On Feb 19, 2020
mumbai

2 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 2:00am On Feb 19, 2020
icon of the mumbai railway station. a must-see and must-recommmend and must-photograph sight for west WHITE tourists. the taste of white people is so weird.

i just simbolically snapped a witness photo and sneered away.

i only feel interested in things made by God, not things made by man.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by nlPoster: 2:03am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:

?

I seem to "recognize" when someone is Goan. I could be wrong though.
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 2:07am On Feb 19, 2020
the punishment of being a gentleman in india.

i hit my left pelvis badly by jumping off the train.

i got on a damned mumbai intercity train, and found out it was a women cabin, i stupidly jumped out miscalculating the starting velocity which was huge nonetheless.

three indian came to my help, including a soldier. for a sudden, i could not even stand up .no fracture.

3 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 2:12am On Feb 19, 2020
took a intercity train to satellite city dadar, then took another long distance train to my next destination.

3 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 2:17am On Feb 19, 2020
the caste system written for me , by an indian man on the train.

he thought for a while before he wrote. seemed like caste system was fading off more and more in nowadays india.

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 2:19am On Feb 19, 2020
eating a flapjack

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 2:22am On Feb 19, 2020
the intercity train in mumbai. the female side was beyond the bars.

very cheap, 30 to 50 naira for a ride. nobody ckecked the ticket.

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 2:48am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:
his wife was abetting him to ask me for "gift" . i gave him 1 US dollar. he wanted more. but he looked friendly though. i preferred to think everything was out of curiosity.he looked super sincere. he even invited me to have beer with himself ALONE in his house. beer was something expensive and rare in india. they could only be found among expat community . my alarm was beeping, but i accepted his address and phone number. i just did not believe i would be so easy to be cheated and robbed. but i did not show up in his house, i had to catch my train.

You are simply making things up

Beer costs less than a dollar in india

Around 300 naira depending on brand

Can beer around 500 naira

Beer is as common as water , only restriction it cannot be drunk in public places.
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:
waiting my train in a "elite-only" waiting room. with a little wee breeze of air con , and a still smelly toilet as that in the lower class waiting room.

but at least fewer people, and they looked "decent" here.

needed to show the ticket and register before come in. but i sneaked in .

There is nothing " elite only " here

One gets entry on the basis on how much he paid for his tickets .

And why go to another country and not follow rules ?

If you had been kicked out for entering without proper ticket you will be crying racism
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 3:01am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:
the punishment of being a gentleman in india.

i hit my left pelvis badly by jumping off the train.

i got on a damned mumbai intercity train, and found out it was a women cabin, i stupidly jumped out miscalculating the starting velocity which was huge nonetheless.

three indian came to my help, including a soldier. for a sudden, i could not even stand up .no fracture.

Sorry but punishment for being stupid

You could have gone underneath the train and died

If you are a tourist then behavior like a tourist
In a foreign country best not be too familiar and foolhardy.

Better save adequate money so that atleast one can stay at proper hotels.

And you have no idea about the food yet you buying launch and dinner from train vendors

There are many apps available through which one can book good hotels at reasonable prices.

No tourist should emulate you

2 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 3:16am On Feb 19, 2020
nemesis8u:

You are simply making things up

Beer costs less than a dollar in india

Around 300 naira depending on brand

Can beer around 500 naira

Beer is as common as water , only restriction it cannot be drunk in public places.

i said i spent 300naira buying a beer in Goa.

and i gave 1 dollar to a man on the train.

these were 2 stories.
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 3:22am On Feb 19, 2020
nemesis8u:

There is nothing " elite only " here

One gets entry on the basis on how much he paid for his tickets .

And why go to another country and not follow rules ?

If you had been kicked out for entering without proper ticket you will be crying racism

elite-only is a euphemism for money-oriented, or whatever fancy words you name. i dont want to split a hair with you .
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:

i said i spent 300naira buying a beer in Goa.

and i gave 1 dollar to a man on the train.

these were 2 stories.

igbesachick:
his wife was abetting him to ask me for "gift" . i gave him 1 US dollar. he wanted more. but he looked friendly though. i preferred to think everything was out of curiosity.he looked super sincere. he even invited me to have beer with himself ALONE in his house. beer was something expensive and rare in india they could only be found among expat community my alarm was beeping, but i accepted his address and phone number. i just did not believe i would be so easy to be cheated and robbed. but i did not show up in his house, i had to catch my train.

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:

elite-only is a euphemism for money-oriented, or whatever fancy words you name. i dont want to split a hair with you .

No wahala jare

Continue.....
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 3:35am On Feb 19, 2020
nemesis8u:

Sorry but punishment for being stupid

You could have gone underneath the train and died

If you are a tourist then behavior like a tourist
In a foreign country best not be too familiar and foolhardy.

Better save adequate money so that atleast one can stay at proper hotels.

And you have no idea about the food yet you buying launch and dinner from train vendors

There are many apps available through which one can book good hotels at reasonable prices.

No tourist should emulate you

i am not a tourist, Mr. Troll. i am an adventurist.

i jumped out of the train because i was too polite , i saw a lady's cabin after i got on that train, and i chose to exit it when the train started moving. but i think you would stay there, or else you would call being racially discriminated against.

save adequate money to book a hotel? what does this mean? are you trying to say i could not get a room because my money was not enough? how ?

being an adventurist, i tried my best to taste all sorts of disgusting food, not just in india. anyway, when i was in rome, i had to eat like a roman. i preferred to have diarrhea (which i had at least one time each week in india) to have suffered from hunger.

as to app online? have you been to india? no SIM card shops would sell SIM cards to foreigners, passport presented or not. without a phone card, how can you use any app? and who will use an app while tons of guesthouses are around in the street?

obviously, you have never traveled. you take everything for granted.

5 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 3:47am On Feb 19, 2020
nemesis8u:

as far as i was concerned, i only bought beer 3 times

one in Goa, a travel hotspot , in a bar catering to whites.

one in kolkata, in a lane, next to a tourist hub

one in new dehli, a fancy club , selling some foreign wines and beers, and the owner wrapped the beer i bought before he handed to me in case the police would find trouble.

i agree, maybe it is restricted. but since it is restricted, it naturally turns out to be pricy. contraband is usually costly, it adds tax inside it already.

anyway, what i mean expensive, it is by indian standard.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 3:59am On Feb 19, 2020
i have checked 14 shops for a roll of toilet paper/tissue.

i asked for toilet paper/tissue. no one understood me. my english bad or theirs?

maybe the true reason is, they dont have such a thing and they dont use it !

yes. i asked consecutively 14 shops. and finally i guestured to my ass . they suddenly laughed to double their bodies, including the lookers-on. i was ushered to shop that had.

the price was outrageous, 350naira, with a quality that gave my ass a blade-cut feeling every morning.

i dont mean to defile india, i just say the truth.

2 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:09am On Feb 19, 2020
the disparity of rich and poor in india. slum side by side with buildings.

seen on the train

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:15am On Feb 19, 2020
the real cost of living for the grassroots in india.

the board on the shop noted, filtered water (bottle prepared by the buyer) for 15 naira per litre.

but filtered by what ? and from what ? i bought bottle water only.

the woman in pink had a BIG ankle bangle !

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:18am On Feb 19, 2020
my cup of tea

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:23am On Feb 19, 2020
the conductor. he was so irksome.

he issued the upgrading tickets to some indians while he refused to do my ticket. and he forced me to leave this cabin while my cup of tea was still on the bunk.

i refused to budge. he was at his wit's end. i was a foreigner, their rules did not apply to me. he knew it. he was pissed off and then dozed off. i guessed he looked kinder when dozing off.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

4 Sure Ways To Get Thrown Off A Flight / Lagos "Least Liveable" Ranking Hard To Believe –foreign Residents In Nigeria / Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.