Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,985 members, 7,841,764 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Questions - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Questions (643 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions by orbaxy(m): 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2010
It baffles me to observe that alot of guys/girls who are in an relationship "know" that they can't get married. it's tricky but "coital commitment" is maintained and a problem sets-in when there is a third party "frolicking". Now, the question is:
1. why is the relationship not "open"?
2. can you legitimately call your partner a "cheat" if he/she plays "away game"?
3. Is commitment to be taken serious?
4. why do the ladies cry when they read "his" sms? cheesy
5. can you say he/she broke your heart?
Re: Questions by Dyt(f): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2010
Answers!!!
Re: Questions by MrCork23: 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2010
orbaxy:

It baffles me to observe that alot of guys/girls who are in an relationship "know" that they can't get married. it's tricky but "coital commitment" is maintained and a problem sets-in when there is a third party "frolicking". Now, the question is:
2. can you legitimately call your partner a "cheat" if he/she plays "away game"?

this brother need help with his home work undecided
Re: Questions by iice(f): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
A coital commitment is maintained as you said. So all the rest are just excuses. If you don't want to be in the coital commitment, don't make it.
Re: Questions by livedit(f): 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2010
orbaxy:

It baffles me to observe that alto of guys/girls who are in an relationship "know" that they can't get married. it's tricky but "coital commitment" is maintained and a problem sets-in when there is a third party "frolicking". Now, the question is:

1. why is the relationship not "open"?  If I'm in a committed relationship, why would I want it to be open. If I wanted to see other people and he wanted to see other people, why not just keep it casual then?  That's the whole point of being exclusive/committed. You are committed to each other, not the world.

2. can you legitimately call your partner a "cheat" if he/she plays "away game"?  No, it's not a legitmate reason to think just because your partner is playing the "away game" that means that they are actually cheating.  I can only speak from a female's perspective and the way society is this day in age tends to play a huge factor of whom he/she is really spending their time with.  Depending upon how long he/she is playing the "away game" plays an important factor too.  That is why it's always better to get to know each other, have good communication skills and respect for one another when he/she can't be around as often. Otherwise it will cause insecurity in their partners mind to start wondering who's or what is occupying their time.

3. Is commitment to be taken serious?  For liveit it is and I'm sure for many other people.

4. why do the ladies cry when they read "his" sms? cheesy Not all women do that. I would say if that is the case, it works both ways.  You can say, why when a man reads her sms messages, he ready to tear down the house.  Again another case of poor communication skills and trust on both parts.

5. can you say he/she broke your heart? Is this a rhetorical question? This depends on what you are referring to.  Please be more specific.
Re: Questions by orbaxy(m): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2010
livedit:

1. why is the relationship not "open"? If I'm in a committed relationship, why would I want it to be open. If I wanted to see other people and he wanted to see other people, why not just keep it casual then? That's the whole point of being exclusive/committed. You are committed to each other, not the world.

2. can you legitimately call your partner a "cheat" if he/she plays "away game"? No, it's not a legitmate reason to think just because your partner is playing the "away game" that means that they are actually cheating. I can only speak from a female's perspective and the way society is this day in age tends to play a huge factor of whom he/she is really spending their time with. Depending upon how long he/she is playing the "away game" plays an important factor too. That is why it's always better to get to know each other, have good communication skills and respect for one another when he/she can't be around as often. Otherwise it will cause insecurity in their partners mind to start wondering who's or what is occupying their time.

3. Is commitment to be taken serious? For liveit it is and I'm sure for many other people.

4. why do the ladies cry when they read "his" sms? cheesy Not all women do that. I would say if that is the case, it works both ways. You can say, why when a man reads her sms messages, he ready to tear down the house. Again another case of poor communication skills and trust on both parts.

5. can you say he/she broke your heart? Is this a rhetorical question? This depends on what you are referring to. Please be more specific.

Nice one! As you know, marriage is out of the question. what is the essence of sticking with both hands? and pretend its all good when the two of you are technically "still searching"? (speaking for my sisters wink)
Re: Questions by Phate07(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2010

Poster, what do i get if i answer these QUESTIONS? undecided angry
Re: Questions by tpia1: 10:14am On Dec 15, 2010
what's with all these silly threads asking silly questions.

fact: majority of men wont remain bachelors forever.

likewise, you cant keep cheating forever.

sooner or later it will catch up with you.

(1) (Reply)

Your Spouse Broke Your Heart? Dont Go To Alfa, Prophet Or Herbalist / Why Women Have Their Way And Men Struggle? / I Think She Is In Love With Me! What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.