Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,197 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (299015 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pentagon007: 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2023
Churchilleze2:
Why is this group dead
Everybody don travel to Vietnam. Me sef i dey one country like that for Africa. Make una dey niger. Lol

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pentagon007: 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2023
Jvibez:
Shea vietnam don cast ni.
E neva cast o. People still dey enter steady

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pou0: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hello, whyna, pardon my errors I don't know how to use nairaland but I have sent you a pm, pls do kindly reply back. Thank u.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Yemisade: 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
Pentagon007:

E neva cast o. People still dey enter steady

Please how do I apply for a Vietnam tourist/work visa from here (Lagos)?
I don't mind going via study visa as well.

I wish to explore the Vietnam option having read alot of good things hereon. I have tefl with my pgde. Thanks.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
The number of NES are far more than the available jobs in Vietnam at the moment. As a NNES, you are at the end of the demand table as they prefer those from the Philippines, Europeans and any other white skin to blacks.
That doesn't mean blacks don't get jobs but its mostly in the province and with lower pay. Few do get jobs in the major cities but they're mostly those with over 1 year Vietnamese teaching experience

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by endee1996(f): 2:49am On Apr 12, 2023
u3fine:
The number of NES are far more than the available jobs in Vietnam at the moment. As a NNES, you are at the end of the demand table as they prefer those from the Philippines, Europeans and any other white skin to blacks.
That doesn't mean blacks don't get jobs but its mostly in the province and with lower pay. Few do get jobs in the major cities but they're mostly those with over 1 year Vietnamese teaching experience

Sorry to ask, are you in Vietnam already?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pou0: 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2023
Hello, whyna, I haven't received some response from you
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 1:16pm On Apr 12, 2023
endee1996:

Sorry to ask, are you in Vietnam already?

Yes
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2023
Pou0:
Hello, whyna, I haven't received some response from you

I did reply you immediately. I'll send you a DM now
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 10:36am On Apr 13, 2023
u3fine:

It's good you captured the 40+ people who laughed at that post cos that offer is a joke.

Every once in a while, you'll see recruiters post most of this ridiculous adverts and guess what, people will bite! If you think I'm lying, go back to that post and you'll see at least one desperate black or Philippino who posted "am interested "

Don't be deceived though, majority of the people who say they are interested are those here illegally...visa has expired or one thing one thing so they accept whatever comes and the recruiter knows.

And yes, there are lots of people, blacks even in the cities making good money! Quality recognises quality!

Don't expect to get value if you yourself don't have anything to offer.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by padua1234: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
Just because some people are doing visa agent they will never tell you the reality that is happening in Vietnam. If you are a black person, the only thing that might help you in Vietnam is if you have a degree in education and if you have a good outlook. They value appearance very well

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:09pm On Apr 14, 2023
padua1234:
Just because some people are doing visa agent they will never tell you the reality that is happening in Vietnam. If you are a black person, the only thing that might help you in Vietnam is if you have a degree in education and if you have a good outlook. They value appearance very well
lol,imo, outlook,that means you must be handsome or pretty
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by endee1996(f): 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2023
padua1234:

This one they value appearance, make I go increase my ass abi wetin.

Una dey post things for this platform.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Jvibez: 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2023
endee1996:

To be on the safer side, you have to o.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by RedAlert08(m): 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2023
endee1996:

Word of advice: don't come to vietnam. I'm there, but things aren't going according to plan.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by padua1234: 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2023
What I mean by appearance is colour. If u are white and you don't know anything, you have higher chances than a black English Professor. All these visa agents only care about their money. They value people from Pakistan, Morocco and Russia more than a black American

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Upzyworld(m): 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
lol,imo, outlook,that means you must be handsome or pretty
NOBODY CARE ABOUT HANDSOME OR BEAUTIFUL IN VIETNAM, INASMUCH YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB, BUT MOST TIME WHITE SKIN PEOPLE GETS HIGHER HAND....BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN BLACK CANT TOO, AM A BLACK, I GOT PAID SAME SALARY AS WHITE, ALL NA LUCK

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pou0: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2023
Why are things not going according to plan, what was your plan? What works for Mr A might not work for Mr B, explain for people here to understand your thoughts behind ur statements

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pou0: 11:54am On Apr 16, 2023
RedAlert08:

Word of advice: don't come to vietnam. I'm there, but things aren't going according to plan.

Why are things not going according to plan, what was your plan? What works for Mr A might not work for Mr B, explain for people here to understand your thoughts behind ur statements
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pou0: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2023
Upzyworld:

NOBODY CARE ABOUT HANDSOME OR BEAUTIFUL IN VIETNAM, INASMUCH YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB, BUT MOST TIME WHITE SKIN PEOPLE GETS HIGHER HAND....BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN BLACK CANT TOO, AM A BLACK, I GOT PAID SAME SALARY AS WHITE, ALL NA LUCK

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:32pm On Apr 16, 2023
padua1234:
What I mean by appearance is colour. If u are white and you don't know anything, you have higher chances than a black English Professor. All these visa agents only care about their money. They value people from Pakistan, Morocco and Russia more than a black American

Lies.

One of the reasons I minimised posting here is I kinda expected people who have been to and are still in Vietnam to come share their experience cos I know many of them from this platform. Many.

If only me keep posting, it will look like I have something to defend or I'm the only one it's working for.

At the same time, I understand people are busy, don't have time, are not big in social media platforms so we have to respect .

Lots of black people ARE making it here. Many have brought friends and family and many have saved more and moved to another country easily.

Again, it boils down to knowing and giving value and not putting your hand where you know you clearly can't reach.

I know people who when they came here, they performed poorly in terms of accent, teaching style, being strict and all. They didn't start applying to big big schools and cry when they were rejected. Instead they started small, learned very fast and today, them dey rush them

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:33pm On Apr 16, 2023
Upzyworld:

Thank you for confirming this

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
RedAlert08:

Don't give us half gist, give us full gist and don't let your words discourage people.

I hope you've booked your flight back home though

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2023
Pou0:

Gracias.

@anyone reading this, don't let anyone discourage you.

Make your own research, ask lots of questions, compare different places, cut your coat according to your size, don't underestimate starting small (if I had, I would have left Nigeria in 2014), work your way up, be smart and learn on the go.

Just like pou0 said, what works for a won't work for b so research and let God guide your way.

But I tell you in all sincerity, people are and have made it here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2023
Upzyworld:

I read that Vietnam was better before 2021, probably before covid.
China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and most of those countries that pays Native speakers better are presently shut down and not employing and I THINK that's the reason for the high surge of NES in Vietnam, even the NES are much that there are no much spaces for the Non natives(black) but the good news is that China and those other countries that pays the NES better will soon start employing and most of the Natives will move over there.

I think you were in Vietnam when things were good and you have already had work experiences which also count for the black skin.

I read not experienced, so I stand to be corrected!

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2023
uchman:

I read that Vietnam was better before 2021, probably before covid.
China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and most of those countries that pays Native speakers better are presently shut down and not employing and I THINK that's the reason for the high surge of NES in Vietnam, even the NES are much that there are no much spaces for the Non natives(black) but the good news is that China and those other countries that pays the NES better will soon start employing and most of the Natives will move over there.

I think you were in Vietnam when things were good and you have already had work experiences which also count for the black skin.

I read not experienced, so I stand to be corrected!

Just some input...

I really don't know about the other countries you mentioned so I'll just speak for Vietnam.

When covid hit, things got bad for everyone but NES were hit the most. Why? Those guys are big flexers so do the maths.

But that's not even the issue.

In late 2021/2022 when the world started adjusting and opening their doors, that's when it became RED for teachers in Vietnam.

We were at HOME for ONE WHOLE YEAR. Guess who was affected again This time around, there was mass exodus of NES. Like the way you carry buckets to stream to fetch water, they left enmass. Also, guess who stayed strong?

To make matters worse, in that time, government started clamping down on fake visas, people entering as tourist and remaining to teach, people teaching without degrees and documents and this made both entering and return difficult for NES as well as continued exit.

My point, I honestly don't think other countries shutting down had much effect on this.

Yes experience counts. Yes accent counts (in the bigger cities), skin colour, yes ome centers will tell you that's what parents want. Others who have worked with both NES and NNES know quality and are indifferent. They look at what you have to offer and dedication which majority of them NES don't have

Also, sometimes, it's not about being paid well but about the cost of living and how much you're able to save afterwards.

Just my input

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by hammed71(m): 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2023
WhyNa:

Just some input...

I really don't know about the other countries you mentioned so I'll just speak for Vietnam.

When covid hit, things got bad for everyone but NES were hit the most. Why? Those guys are big flexers so do the maths.

In late 2021/2022 when the world started adjusting and opening their doors, that's when it became RED for teachers in Vietnam.

We were at HOME for ONE WHOLE YEAR. Guess who was affected again This time around, there was mass exodus of NES. Like the way you carry buckets to stream to fetch water, they left enmass. Also, guess who stayed strong?

To make matters worse, in that time, government started clamping down on fake visas, people entering as tourist and remaining to teach, people teaching without degrees and documents and this made both entering and return difficult for NES as well as continued exit.

My point, I honestly don't think other countries shutting down had much effect on this.

Yes experience counts. Yes accent counts (in the bigger cities), skin colour, yes ome centers will tell you that's what parents want. Others who have worked with both NES and NNES know quality and are indifferent. They look at what you have to offer and dedication which majority of them NES don't have

Also, sometimes, it's not about being paid well but about the cost of living and how much you're able to save afterwards.

Just my input
Do you still have plans of moving to other countries from Vietnam or do you plan to settle there
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 7:50pm On Apr 16, 2023
WhyNa:

Just some input...

Just my input

You are 100% right and I wouldn't have said it better.
God will help the incoming ones and am sure that things will be alright soon.
Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Caleb15(m): 1:16am On Apr 17, 2023
WhyNa:

Gracias.

@anyone reading this, don't let anyone discourage you.

Make your own research, ask lots of questions, compare different places, cut your coat according to your size, don't underestimate starting small (if I had, I would have left Nigeria in 2014), work your way up, be smart and learn on the go.

Just like pou0 said, what works for a won't work for b so research and let God guide your way.

But I tell you in all sincerity, people are and have made it here

The coat wey i cut to my size don tight me for ampit
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 2:00am On Apr 17, 2023
Caleb15:

The coat wey i cut to my size don tight me for ampit

Wear am like that, no be you go dey find fitted coat?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Caleb15(m): 6:36am On Apr 17, 2023
uchman:

Wear am like that, no be you go dey find fitted coat?
Bros the thing choke die
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samueltemi337(m): 8:36am On Apr 17, 2023
endee1996:

So appearance has to do with the size of your ass? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.