Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,502 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (299064 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by alancress88(m): 9:36am On Jan 11
Tamee:

You mean one has to get the student visa in Nigeria before travelling? An Agent I met on Facebook told me the school in Vietnam will send me a visa and I will use the visa to travel.
I am now so confused

I think d school will send you your approval letter and admission stuffs which you will pick up at d embassy,den u can travel with it and get stamped at POE

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by tejiri294: 6:54pm On Jan 11
alancress88:

U will still do a visa run...all evisa are visiting visa no matter d title attached to it

As a Nigerian what are my options for visa runs ? I’ve heard about Cambodia and Laos but don’t know Nigerians are eligible for visa runs to those countries….
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tamee(f): 11:47am On Jan 12
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by endee1996(f): 7:41pm On Jan 12
endee1996:

Did she reply you please?

I asked this question and there was a reply.
The reply got deleted, either by the lady I asked or whyna.

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I laugh hard
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by mercy87(f): 1:03pm On Jan 14
Tunni:
Greetings House,

I'll like to pin point certain things that has been happening on this platform, those who have ears should listen. This is nothing but the fact.

1) People who advertise coming to Vietnam on this platform are agent and they do this for their own selfish gain (mostly people who tell you to come with student visa) they are all students in Vietnam who are trying to survive here. Please note- You can come in with student visa to work and school but you are limited, a perfect illustration is "running when your two hands are tied to the back". When coming with student visa apply to schools in Hanoi, Saigon or somewhere close to this cities, you get to find job easier here.

2) Most people who advertise coming with student visa here won't tell you that the school is located far from those cities i mentioned earlier which makes looking for job difficult to get.

3) People here won't tell you that the school which is located in a province and it's the closest to Hanoi is about 2 hours. So imagine going to work for two hours and coming back for another two hours after the stress of working and going to school the next day. You can imagine.

4) DON'T COME HERE FOR VIETNAMESE LANGUAGE COURSE it's better to come for masters program where you will be taught only Saturday and Sunday, then you have Monday to Friday to work.

5) Do your application yourself( they'll tell you that you need someone here to apply for you, all these are format to rip you off)

6) They will bring you here and leave you to your fate.

7) I'm in Vietnam currently, so I'm talking out of experience.

* Please don't send me a message.

Least I forget, most Nigerians are complaining here because what they expected isn't what they saw. So be wise

Is the Masters application still ongoing?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Sss2: 7:11pm On Jan 16
Has anybody travel to Vietnam recently?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by UrslaPrins: 6:12am On Jan 17
Hello! Has anyone gotten the TEFL CERTIFICATE and started working in Vietnam? Pls which did you do or can you recommend?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by UrslaPrins: 6:15am On Jan 17
u3fine:
PLEASE Just a Word of Advice: If you LIKE take If you Like Leave it.
1. You CANNOT convert a Tourist Visa to a Work Visa while in Vietnam. You MUST Exit to another country. At the moment with your Nigerian Passport, it is VERY difficult to get a country to exit to for a Visa run. I'll advise you to be patient and process your business Visa. The number of Nigerians and Africans trouping in now with Tourist Visa with the ALMIGHTY "My Agent Told Me" story and are already overstayed and stranded.
2. Nothing Like a Factory job here. If you believe your agent, It's not my money or my suffering.
3. No country will give you a visa now as a tourist visa holder in Vietnam to go on a Visa run with your Nigeria passport. The best bet is you'll go back to Nigeria after exhausting all possible options.
4. The popular and available job as a foreigner (at least 98%) is teaching and you must have a degree and TEFL.

This is my 2023 advice and not to make a wrong decision into 2024.
If you Like you take it, if you like ignore it.
FYI: Every day we deal with hundreds of Scammers in Vietnam now concerning Visa and work.

Pls which online TEFL Course(s) do you recommend that they value more there?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 8:07am On Jan 17
UrslaPrins:

Use Google to search for TEFL certifications.
You'll see different types and cost. Select the one you can afford and ensure you enroll for minimum 120 hrs.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Uncle96(m): 3:13pm On Jan 18
UrslaPrins:

I mailed you ..
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by vintiz(m): 1:03am On Jan 22
Most likely everything you’ve heard about this place recently has been a lie. If a Nigerian is offering you visa and promising you work when you arrive it’s a scam. Stop wasting your money and empowering some wicked Nigerians here by paying them $3k+ for a visa that cost less than $50 and then to have to return back to Nigeria 3 months later. Sad truth is that you’ll not even make any money in the 3 months you’re here. There’re no factory jobs. The only job for you here is teaching. Every other thing is a scam. (I don’t care about the proof your agent has provided you)
Everything has casted since the introduction of the 3 months visa. If you like come here on a visit visa you’ll still pack your bag after 3 months and go back. Whoever wants to hear should hear. Also, the teaching job is becoming a scam now. How do you compete with a teacher from the uk or from the USA. They don’t even need much, they can survive on the 3 months visa and keep doing visa runs via bus to neighboring countries. Where can you go as a Nigerian??

If you like come as student, your case is even worse. After paying agent, you go still pay school fees and you won’t even see work. If you like hear. If you like give away your money anyhow.

The person who even made this thread has left the country and japa. This place is NOT friendly to blacks. But then no where really is.

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:52am On Jan 22
vintiz:
Most likely everything you’ve heard about this place recently has been a lie. If a Nigerian is offering you visa and promising you work when you arrive it’s a scam. Stop wasting your money and empowering some wicked Nigerians here by paying them $3k+ for a visa that cost less than $50 and then to have to return back to Nigeria 3 months later. Sad truth is that you’ll not even make any money in the 3 months you’re here. There’re no factory jobs. The only job for you here is teaching. Every other thing is a scam. (I don’t care about the proof your agent has provided you)

Everything has casted since the introduction of the 3 months visa. If you like come here on a visit visa you’ll still pack your bag after 3 months and go back. Whoever wants to hear should hear. Also, the teaching job is becoming a scam now. How do you compete with a teacher from the uk or from the USA. They don’t even need much, they can survive on the 3 months visa and keep doing visa runs via bus to neighboring countries. Where can you go as a Nigerian??

If you like come as student, your case is even worse. After paying agent, you go still pay school fees and you won’t even see work. If you like hear. If you like give away your money anyhow.

The person who even made this thread has left the country and japa. This place is NOT friendly to blacks. But then no where really is.

There's tech jobs in Vietnam. I got a job with visa sponsorship back in 2021 but rejected it because the salary was too low and there is no way to become a citizen and even if you become a citizen, the passport is worthless.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by nwadikeokey11: 12:00pm On Jan 22
vintiz:

. Everything has casted since the introduction of the 3 months visa. If you like come here on a visit visa you’ll still pack your bag after 3 months and go back. Whoever wants to hear should hear. Also, the teaching job is becoming a scam now. How do you compete with a teacher from the uk or from the USA. They don’t even need much, they can survive on the 3 months visa and keep doing visa runs via bus to neighboring countries. Where can you go as a Nigerian??

Bro God bless you. But that of the person who started this post has left the country and japa, are you being honest about that? E get why I ask, so pls tell me the truth.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Peaceifeoma001: 2:38pm On Jan 22
Andychinedu:
Bro Please reply your mail...

I need personal guidance biko
Please has he replied you? I’m planning on traveling next month
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Uncle96(m): 5:58pm On Jan 22
vintiz:

Thanks for the jnfo.

So are you saying that there is No teaching jobs again in vietnam? And also can One convert study visa to work ?

Lastly is if possible to get a job in a neigbouring country? Lets say Taiwan for example and exist vietnam? Because I belive cambodia / taiwan still has more job oppourtunites than Vietnam
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 5:07am On Jan 23
vintiz:

You’re right, if you must come then come with a business visa not an E-visa.
Visa runs is difficult for a Nigerian passport holder, better get a business visa that will prevent you from visa runs.
Run from E-visa whether tourist E-visa or Business E-visa.
Get a business visa sponsor by a company.
But i will disagree with you on the competition aspect, all over the world people compete., Even in UK people compete for menial jobs and what do you expect when it comes to a professional job?
I’m not an agent, before you come for me.
I’m just a teacher trying to make ends meet.
If you’re still in Vietnam, we can meet up; I’m currently @ HCMC.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 5:32am On Jan 23
UrslaPrins:

Any from 120 hours TEFL
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Andychinedu: 7:38am On Jan 23
Peaceifeoma001:

Please has he replied you? I’m planning on traveling next month

Yea he did…!

I am traveling in a Week.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23
If you're traveling to Vietnam with a Tourist visa and hope to work, hold enough money and plan your exiting the country before coming in again to work.
I come in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by MrEverest(m): 3:27pm On Jan 23
Emarvel:

You’re right, if you must come then come with a business visa not an E-visa.
Visa runs is difficult for a Nigerian passport holder, better get a business visa that will prevent you from visa runs.
Run from E-visa whether tourist E-visa or Business E-visa.
Get a business visa sponsor by a company.
But i will disagree with you on the competition aspect, all over the world people compete., Even in UK people compete for menial jobs and what do you expect when it comes to a professional job?
I’m not an agent, before you come for me.
[b]I’m just a teacher trying to make ends meet.
If you’re still in Vietnam, we can meet up; I’m [/b]currently @ HCMC.

Are you teaching ESL in HCMC? Are you TEFL/TESOL certified? What's your salary like?

Please elaborate.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by MrEverest(m): 3:28pm On Jan 23
Andychinedu:

Yea he did…!

I am traveling in a Week.

Do you intend to teach there or you have other plans?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 3:36pm On Jan 23
MrEverest:

Are you teaching ESL in HCMC? Are you TEFL/TESOL certified? What's your salary like?

Please elaborate.
I have a degree, A Tefl/Tesol and a C2 English proficiency.
Sorry, I can’t disclose my salary online.
Thanks.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by MrEverest(m): 3:53pm On Jan 23
Emarvel:

I have a degree, A Tefl/Tesol and a C2 English proficiency.
Sorry, I can’t disclose my salary online.
Thanks.

Okay, I understand. I heard it's quite difficult for Nigerians/Blacks to get employed as ESL teachers in Vietnam, how true is that?

Also, I heard the salary for ESL teachers in Vietnam can range from $1000 to $2500 monthly. I don't know true is that?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 12:23am On Jan 24
MrEverest:

Okay, I understand. I heard it's quite difficult for Nigerians/Blacks to get employed as ESL teachers in Vietnam, how true is that?

Also, I heard the salary for ESL teachers in Vietnam can range from $1000 to $2500 monthly. I don't know true is that?
From $700 actually.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Gerrard59(m): 2:37am On Jan 24
vintiz:

Vietnamese wey full Japan like wetin. shocked One would wonder if they are fleeing the country. Although, the country's economy is growing with factories and all, I would not recommend it to a black African to move to. Asian countries worth relocating as black Africans are: Japan, China, South Korea, and Singapore. Anything aside, better be a successful or fast-growing business person looking for contracts or partnerships and/or have another passport other than the Nigerian one.

The fellow who mentioned Taiwan should know that the authorities there don't fancy Nigerian passport holders because we align with Mainland China.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 5:06am On Jan 24
Gerrard59:

Vietnamese wey full Japan like wetin. shocked One would wonder if they are fleeing the country. Although, the country's economy is growing with factories and all, I would not recommend it to a black African to move to. Asian countries worth relocating as black Africans are: Japan, China, South Korea, and Singapore. Anything aside, better be a successful or fast-growing business person looking for contracts or partnerships and/or have another passport other than the Nigerian one.

The fellow who mentioned Taiwan should know that the authorities there don't fancy Nigerian passport holders because we align with Mainland China.
All over the world, no one fancy a Nigerian passport holder.
Sad but true
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Uncle96(m): 8:54am On Jan 24
Emarvel:

From $700 actually.

Do one pay to get job, or with a good qualification and very good english, one could get a job while currently in Vietnam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.