Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (298704 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18
proeast:

Did you pay for a return ticket or just one way flight ticket when you entered the country?
Both
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Liadi2(m): 4:41pm On Feb 18
Zihno:

How did this happen?
Ever since the incident, she hasn't posted or reply anybody on this forum.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22
REPATRIATION OF STRANDED NIGERIANS IN VIETNAM BACK TO NIGERIA.
The International Organization for Migration in Collaboration with the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in Vietnam, is conducting a one-off repatriation exercise for stranded Nigerians in Vietnam who were deceived by unscrupulous and criminal minded agents in to coming to Vietnam for non existent high paying jobs with tourist visas, back to Nigeria.

The exercise is for those who are willing to return and not compulsory.

For those who decides not to utilize this opportunity to return will be responsible for their decision afterwards, as the Vietnamese visa policies frowns at engaging in any kind of employment with tourists visas.
If this policy is violated both the employer and the employee will face harsh punitive penalties including imprisonment.

The dateline for expression of interest in the repatriation exercise is 2nd March, 2024 to enable the IOM and the Embassy to file in the necessary papers, complete meetings with the host authorities and firmed up the preparations for the evacuation back to Nigeria.

For more instructions please consult Dr. Michael Omar +84326189705 (Hanoi), Mr Uzor +84943991563 (HCM) Hon. IKE 0907208415 (HCM)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by akinola12345: 9:01pm On Feb 23
Please how do I go about business visa asap response please
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Andychinedu: 10:05am On Feb 24
Okay, I said I was going to talk to you guys in two weeks.
So I went to this province after searching for work for over one week in Hanoi to no avail.
Before I proceed I want to say something very important.
"Any E-VISA is a tourist VISA I don't want to hear say Na Business EVISA oo grin
I am not saying that you won't be able to get employed with it but you will suffer or even end up not getting employed.
I got a job luckily with an EVISA but as it stands I am still standing with one foot waiting to see the extent my employer will go to help me because they welcomed me to their home.
I have been working for days now but I can not Identify as a staff their because I have an EVISA and the new policy now forbids employers from employing persons with EVISA.
I am still here because the family already accepted me not just because of the job but because of my personality.
Now for those of you who are still planning to come; there are plenty Teaching jobs here in Vietnam but 50% of it are for Native Speakers and About 30% are for White Africans I repeat White Africans the remaining 20% is given to those with connection and complete documents and those who strive for success as I have been doing since the beginning of my Journey.
As you all might know, I did everything my self without the help of any Agent. (Although there are few persons who provided guidance as I Proceeded).
As it stands, if you must come with EVISA, you must Legalized your documents. You must be a Graduate who can Teach and play with Children, You must be fluent equaling a Native Speaker (If you like go forge result, You will add to the numbers of the stranded Nigerians) You Must have an IELTS Result Band 7 or an In-Class TEFL or TESOL when you don't have this and you still want to come then You TESOL must be from a well Recognized Academy like the World TESOL Academy.
You Must have atleast $1500 at hand or in the bank if not you go sure regret am because you must VISA RUN.
I Don't have much strength to type. See you guys Some other time. Let me focus, I have a Class in 2hours and I need to Prepare some IMs.
Good Bye.
I for like add pictures but until I collect my WP and TRC first.
Andychinedu:
I am in Hanoi for a week now…!

No regrets…!

More update later…!

I’m enroute to one of the Provinces with my new made Philipino Teacher to celebrate the Tet Holiday🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Talk to you guys in two weeks time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Andychinedu: 10:08am On Feb 24
I will officially come back to this your message in few weeks bro.
Luck and Miracle are not just words for nothing.
Emarvel:

I wish you a safe trip.
But hope you’re not flying in with an E-visa?
If yes, kindly abort mission to avoid regret.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Andychinedu: 10:33am On Feb 24
You cannot enter Vietnam with One Way Ticket.
Even if na Sticker Business Visa
proeast:

Nice one. Was your flight a one way ticket or you paid for a return ticket before arriving in Vietnam?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Abigalbee98(f): 10:31pm On Feb 24
Gerrard59:

OK. Are you in Taiwan at the moment?
yes
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ugobaba(m): 11:11am On Feb 25
Any Nigerian Babe de this Vietnam 🇻🇳 like this sef ?

Abigalbee98:
yes
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Rexie96: 8:13pm On Mar 05
Ugobaba:
Any Nigerian Babe de this Vietnam 🇻🇳 like this sef ?

You no get sense pass babes babes,na the same you dey look for white girls in lagos

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by NaijaVietnamese: 11:48am On Mar 17
While I agree with most of the things you said, I have some things to add.

How did you get your TESOL/TEFL/CELTA? Was it online, in Nigeria or in Vietnam?

Did you arrive with other vital documents I.e. Degree, IELTS band 7 or above, and police clearance all authenticated in Nigeria before traveling?

While there is a preference for Whites which they disguise as native speakers, Blacks are still getting good offers.

I did my TESOL certification in HCMC & will be traveling to Hanoi this night for authentication and then going to the school I just got a job contract from. Before I left Nigeria, the TESOL certification school assured me that job provision is part of the training I paid for. Before completing my training, they got the job for me. It comes with free accommodation and the pay isn’t much different than what they pay the so-called native speakers. The school will also process my WP.

I think the reputation of the school I did my certification prompted the school to accept me, alongside the fact that I did a 2-minute video introduction as well as having complete documents.

If Nigerians follow the right steps, it will make things easier for them.

Andychinedu:
Okay, I said I was going to talk to you guys in two weeks.
So I went to this province after searching for work for over one week in Hanoi to no avail.
Before I proceed I want to say something very important.
"Any E-VISA is a tourist VISA I don't want to hear say Na Business EVISA oo grin
I am not saying that you won't be able to get employed with it but you will suffer or even end up not getting employed.
I got a job luckily with an EVISA but as it stands I am still standing with one foot waiting to see the extent my employer will go to help me because they welcomed me to their home.
I have been working for days now but I can not Identify as a staff their because I have an EVISA and the new policy now forbids employers from employing persons with EVISA.
I am still here because the family already accepted me not just because of the job but because of my personality.
Now for those of you who are still planning to come; there are plenty Teaching jobs here in Vietnam but 50% of it are for Native Speakers and About 30% are for White Africans I repeat White Africans the remaining 20% is given to those with connection and complete documents and those who strive for success as I have been doing since the beginning of my Journey.
As you all might know, I did everything my self without the help of any Agent. (Although there are few persons who provided guidance as I Proceeded).
As it stands, if you must come with EVISA, you must Legalized your documents. You must be a Graduate who can Teach and play with Children, You must be fluent equaling a Native Speaker (If you like go forge result, You will add to the numbers of the stranded Nigerians) You Must have an IELTS Result Band 7 or an In-Class TEFL or TESOL when you don't have this and you still want to come then You TESOL must be from a well Recognized Academy like the World TESOL Academy.
You Must have atleast $1500 at hand or in the bank if not you go sure regret am because you must VISA RUN.
I Don't have much strength to type. See you guys Some other time. Let me focus, I have a Class in 2hours and I need to Prepare some IMs.
Good Bye.
I for like add pictures but until I collect my WP and TRC first.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by alancress88(m): 4:58pm On Mar 20
I wrote you a mail bro....please reply me

NaijaVietnamese:

How did you get your TESOL/TEFL/CELTA? Was it online, in Nigeria or in Vietnam?

Did you arrive with other vital documents I.e. Degree, IELTS band 7 or above, and police clearance all authenticated in Nigeria before traveling?

While there is a preference for Whites which they disguise as native speakers, Blacks are still getting good offers.

I did my TESOL certification in HCMC & will be traveling to Hanoi this night for authentication and then going to the school I just got a job contract from. Before I left Nigeria, the TESOL certification school assured me that job provision is part of the training I paid for. Before completing my training, they got the job for me. It comes with free accommodation and the pay isn’t much different than what they pay the so-called native speakers. The school will also process my WP.

I think the reputation of the school I did my certification prompted the school to accept me, alongside the fact that I did a 2-minute video introduction as well as having complete documents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by NaijaVietnamese: 1:07am On Mar 21
alancress88:
I wrote you a mail bro....please reply me

I have replied you.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by liftmeGod: 11:40am On Apr 06
NaijaVietnamese:

How did you get your TESOL/TEFL/CELTA? Was it online, in Nigeria or in Vietnam? Please i have HND can i use it for teaching in Vietnam

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by liftmeGod: 11:41am On Apr 06
[quote author=liftmeGod post=129294995][/quote]
Please i have HND can i use it for teaching in Vietnam
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06
NO
liftmeGod:

Please i have HND can i use it for teaching in Vietnam
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Hedgefunds: 6:18pm On Apr 10
Emarvel:

Hope you’re not with E-visa?
If you’re with E-visa, kindly abort mission.

Thanks for your advice . Can i extend my Evisa for another 1yr since am not coming to work...i can trade online myself.
If my child is in school. can the parent be a dependant under the child visa.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10
Hedgefunds:

Thanks for your advice . Can i extend my Evisa for another 1yr since am not coming to work...i can trade online myself.
This is Vietnam page not UK. Check the headline very well.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Hedgefunds: 7:55pm On Apr 10
u3fine:

This is Vietnam page not UK. Check the headline very well.

Yes I know , someone promised me Evisa to vietname and am wondering if it can be extended if I bring my child to vietname while am a dependant under him.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 12:58am On Apr 11
Hedgefunds:

Yes I know , someone promised me Evisa to vietname and am wondering if it can be extended if I bring my child to vietname while am a dependant under him.
Calm down and immediately run to the agent of Doom and collect your money back.
Na suffer pro max you dey enter so.
Read this thread back with some evidence about stranded Nigerians here because of eVisa and fake promise of agent's.
Which school you want put your child? Vietnam is not an English speaking country. Just abort mission before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 9:20am On Apr 12
Hedgefunds:

I have no idea about the child visa.
There’s no Evisa for 1 year unless for US citizens.
If you want to stay in Vietnam for long, travel with a business visa or travel with a 3 months evisa and within the 3 months marry a Vietnamese woman and you get 5 years visa exemption.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Hedgefunds: 10:20am On Apr 12
Emarvel:

If you want to stay in Vietnam for long, travel with a business visa or travel with a 3 months evisa and within the 3 months marry a Vietnamese woman and you get 5 years visa exemption.

Thank you ....You mean i cant extend the 3mth EVISA ....or convert it to student or work visa..
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:29pm On Apr 12
Emarvel:

na so e easy to marry vietnamese within 3 months?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 10:22pm On Apr 12
Hedgefunds:

Thank you ....You mean i cant extend the 3mth EVISA ....or convert it to student or work visa..
No, forget about Evisa.
Anything Evisa, just run
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 10:23pm On Apr 12
Aaaaarghmed:
na so e easy to marry vietnamese within 3 months?
Lol, just tryyyy
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by benincities: 10:36am On Apr 13
Those of you planning to travel to Vietnam with a tourist visa with the hope of working as promised by agents. Look at some Nigerians below who are stranded and have been sleeping outside because of a phantom job promised them by agents.
Last night some kind hearted foreigner have to raise money for them to but food and maybe sleep in a hotel for the night.
About $50 was raised for them through online appeal.
Don't travel to Vietnam with tourist visa with the aim to do menial jobs or teaching jobs (which is very difficult now to get).
Don't believe whatever any Godforsaken agent tells you, it's a lie and after your little money.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 11:35am On Apr 14
benincities:
Those of you planning to travel to Vietnam with a tourist visa with the hope of working as promised by agents. Look at some Nigerians below who are stranded and have been sleeping outside because of a phantom job promised them by agents.
teaching jobs (which is very difficult now to get).
Don't believe whatever any Godforsaken agent tells you, it's a lie and after your little money.

If you try to explain to them that there’s a difference between a business E-visa and Business visa, they’ll think you’re lying.
Anything with E-visa attached, just run.
No one will want to associate with you in Vietnam, even in language centers you won’t get a job just because of the visa.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Doncanon: 2:32pm On Apr 14
Please can someone in Vietnam tell us about the house rent how much is it for a month
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 3:38pm On Apr 14
Doncanon:
Please can someone in Vietnam tell us about the house rent how much is it for a month
In the big cities $200 and above monthly while in smaller cities and moderate cities $120 and above per Month. Note that you'll deposit 1 month rent also.
NB: This is for studio apartment
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Chidimma628(f): 7:13pm On Apr 18
Uncle96:

Thanks for the jnfo.

So are you saying that there is No teaching jobs again in vietnam? And also can One convert study visa to work ?

Lastly is if possible to get a job in a neigbouring country? Lets say Taiwan for example and exist vietnam? Because I belive cambodia / taiwan still has more job oppourtunites than

Vietnam
some people here are just agent of discouragement, that’s why I love Liberians in Vietnam they help and encourage each other so much, when I wanted to apply for a Vietnam study visa, I came here I got so much discouragement, I contacted someone I know in Vietnam they said they can’t help me apply for a student visa that it is hard this and that, Omo I used tourist enter, immediately I entered I got a Liberian friend and she took me to her school the next day, I applied for a bachelor’s degree and the sch said I must start with a language course, this is same as uk universities when you don’t meet up with English language requirements, i said ok no problem, after the application, admission was out within the space of 1 month and my school said I have to go for a visa run. I went for my visa run in Malaysia and the whole cost of my visa run was not up to $250 both flight and maleysia visa. I was in maleysia for 2 weeks and my visa was approved, I had to follow my return ticket back to Vietnam as a student. Yes you too can stay in Nigeria and apply for a Vietnam student visa, my school is just 1500$ and 120$ for your visa fee and they will be the one to apply for your visa yourself, you all should stop discouraging ppl, and as for teaching jobs, my dear teaching job is in Vietnam na you no get the requirements, if you strive hard on Facebook you will get teaching job and if you disturb ppl you will get connections for teaching jobs, yes am in Thai Nguyen and I am teaching here. The only difference is that English teachers in Hanoi earns more than those in Thai Nguyen and my 1 month salary as a teacher in Thai Nguyen is someone’s 1 year salary in Nigeria. Everything in this life is knowing what you want. Vietnam is a very good stepping stone to all this high countries and that’s why am here instead of Nigeria
esthernnamchi62@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Sirmike2024: 6:08am On Apr 19
Chidimma628:
some people here are just agent of discouragement, that’s why I love Liberians in Vietnam they help and encourage each other so much, when I wanted to apply for a Vietnam study visa, I came here I got so much discouragement, I contacted someone I know in Vietnam they said they can’t help me apply for a student visa that it is hard this and that, Omo I used tourist enter, immediately I entered I got a Liberian friend and she took me to her school the next day, I applied for a bachelor’s degree and the sch said I must start with a language course, this is same as uk universities when you don’t meet up with English language requirements, i said ok no problem, after the application, admission was out within the space of 1 month and my school said I have to go for a visa run. I went for my visa run in Malaysia and the whole cost of my visa run was not up to $250 both flight and maleysia visa. I was in maleysia for 2 weeks and my visa was approved, I had to follow my return ticket back to Vietnam as a student. Yes you too can stay in Nigeria and apply for a Vietnam student visa, my school is just 1500$ and 120$ for your visa fee and they will be the one to apply for your visa yourself, you all should stop discouraging ppl, and as for teaching jobs, my dear teaching job is in Vietnam na you no get the requirements, if you strive hard on Facebook you will get teaching job and if you disturb ppl you will get connections for teaching jobs, yes am in Thai Nguyen and I am teaching here. The only difference is that English teachers in Hanoi earns more than those in Thai Nguyen and my 1 month salary as a teacher in Thai Nguyen is someone’s 1 year salary in Nigeria. Everything in this life is knowing what you want. Vietnam is a very good stepping stone to all this high countries and that’s why am here instead of Nigeria

Ok great … I’m also in hanoi now , can we talk via your email ?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by AbnormaAssHole: 7:20am On Apr 19
Chidimma628:
[b]
No be the same Thai Nguyen wey Dem come pack una like sardine less than 2 months ago?

Wey some of una dey run mouth say Dem abandone una like say na the some of us cause una problem for there...

Please! Try to be realistic with the situation on ground here in Vietnam.

And by the way nobody is discouraging people to come here because na here some of us dey and we are living fine but the reality of life is that, things isn't as rossy as it used to be... I meant casted to be honest.

I will try to pretend you are trying to really help people because for you to drop your email on a thread people ask asd seek advise freely is very fishy and I won't want to call you names but you seem like one of Dem wey dey run $50 tourist visa for Nigerians dey promise them teaching and factory jobs for Vietnam. Lol

Pls! Nobody should email this person.. always ask for advice on the thread and loads of people will be willing to point you to the right direction.

By the way! Scammers are on the prowl now with Vietnam visa... Make una shine una eyes.... I don talk my own. [/b]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.