Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,478 members, 7,770,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:33 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (292775 Views)

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by OladiTwo5(m): 7:17am On Oct 04, 2020
WhyNa:
I forgot to add...

Just as they love trees, they love flowers too. There are large flower markets here.

Even home and I mean every home has at least 2 flower pots

Here are some more criterias to consider before accepting a job offer.

Sometimes, the salary may be a bit low but if the hours are much, then a win win. i did not say accept 8-11 dollar job ooo. That's slavery when your mates are earning 40 usd per hour.

So let's say you get an offer for 21 usd for twice a week.(Can be 2 or 3 hours a week)
That's 42 - 60 usd per week and 168 - 240 usd per month

Let's say you get another offer for 10usd 5 times a week. (can be 20 hours a week)
That's 1000 usd a month. (I can only encourage a beginner to take this to help gain experience and recover the money spent on visa and all

These are just examples. So follow this calculations and it will help you decide.

Also note that most jobs that offer 100 hours a month mean you can't work in the evening or get other part time jobs. You're stuck with them cos they will make sure they keep you busy in the morning and evening. So be sure to check all these things and read the contracts very well

These are mine. Met them here. You can see some have died. It's not my calling but I try my best

PS: I'll take questions now. Please nothing related to visa processing or agent or TEFL cos those questions have been overflogged. Also, since the borders are still closed, there's nothing new. i'll answer questions on these again when the borders are open and people begin to process their visa and have real time questions or need guidiance.

if there's anything you want me to talk about too, leave a comment and I'll try to do justice to it.

I will want you to talk about IT job over there. 1. How easy to get one, 2. How lucrative it is also
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by NewAjala(m): 7:49am On Oct 04, 2020
Been a silent reader... Learnt a lot already n still learning! Quite an eye opener.

Thanks @WhyNa ... I'll keep praying for you.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ogborokiri(m): 8:06am On Oct 04, 2020
please can you help me check for a cheap university that offer Vietnam language I want to study and work there
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by ugohdignity111(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2020
At the gurus in the house.......

What is the cheapest route to enter Vietnam as I'm still a young graduate of 22 yrs waiting for my nysc.....

I wan japa comot this country before it gets worse
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by kevwemanuel: 10:05am On Oct 04, 2020
@whyna please do justice to the following questions:

1)Do you have an idea of the average hourly pay rate for business English and IELTS teachers?

2)Is there a good demand for these kind of English teachers?

3)In one of your posts, you said bus fare is #130 naira, if one decides to use their public bus transportation instead of bykes can you give me an estimate of how much will be spent monthly. You can use your current number of schools as a case study to do your estimate.

4)If one decides to use their public bus, is it common for traffic to be a problem?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2020
Is it just me or have I not noticed any poster talking about getting a Vietnam Business Visa? Or is there nothing like that?

Some of us really nor like school. Even if the Acada de for Heaven.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:45am On Oct 05, 2020
OladiTwo5:

I will want you to talk about IT job over there. 1. How easy to get one, 2. How lucrative it is also

Sorry but I don't know anything about IT jobs here and I don't want to give wrong info

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:46am On Oct 05, 2020
NewAjala:
Been a silent reader... Learnt a lot already n still learning! Quite an eye opener.

Thanks @WhyNa ... I'll keep praying for you.

Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:51am On Oct 05, 2020
kevwemanuel:
@whyna please do justice to the following questions:

1)Do you have an idea of the average hourly pay rate for business English and IELTS teachers?

2)Is there a good demand for these kind of English teachers?

3)In one of your posts, you said bus fare is #130 naira, if one decides to use their public bus transportation instead of bykes can you give me an estimate of how much will be spent monthly. You can use your current number of schools as a case study to do your estimate.

4)If one decides to use their public bus, is it common for traffic to be a problem?

Thanks.

1) As much as 30-40 dollars per hour. People earn higher. It depends on the Center and also if you do one on one

2) Yup

3)The thing with buses are, just like in Nigeria, you still have to take a bike to your final destination or walk some distance. I won't advice this except you intend to combine with bike

4) Of course. Same road,same traffic. Another reason I won't advice it. Plus, they tend to take longer routes to cover all designated bus stops sometimes. This is only advisable after your class and you're going home. That way, no pressure, you just relax and get home when you get home

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 6:21am On Oct 05, 2020
WhyNa:

1) As much as 30-40 dollars per hour. People earn higher. It depends on the Center and also if you do one on one

2) Yup

3)The thing with buses are, just like in Nigeria, you still have to take a bike to your final destination or walk some distance. I won't advice this except you intend to combine with bike

4) Of course. Same road,same traffic. Another reason I won't advice it. Plus, they tend to take longer routes to cover all designated bus stops sometimes. This is only advisable after your class and you're going home. That way, no pressure, you just relax and get home when you get home

So Business English teachers earns more than normal English language teachers? Nice!

It keeps on getting better

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by kevwemanuel: 11:05am On Oct 05, 2020
Thanks for the response @whyna
WhyNa:

2) Yup

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by tayor3(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Don't mind pureheart, he know deep down in his mind that the link was not the correct link but instead of him to admit that his heart is not pure he keep on arguing, thank God u don't have time for him, the correct link is something like i-to-i.komm
Citygal:
Pureheart91
Abeg, it’s okay, don’t let them ban me because I’m trying to prove a point to you. Leave me.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:40am On Oct 06, 2020
WhyNa:
As much as possible, I'll try to document my step by step journey to Hanoi, Vietnam.

This is my first time outside Nigeria and the excitement no be here. Lol

In 2014, I took my first and only IELTS, made a 7.5, even created a thread and was optimistic about getting a scholarship. Between 2014 and 2018, I applied for dozens of scholarship but was always given admission without scholarship or put on reserve list.

2019, I had had enough and decided to look into other ways of leaving Nigeria

Op what was ur source of income over there?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Gaiusc: 11:10am On Oct 06, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:
Op what was ur source of income over there?

Go and read from page 1, within there lies the answer to your question.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pureheart91(m): 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2020
tayor3:
Don't mind pureheart, he know deep down in his mind that the link was not the correct link but instead of him to admit that his heart is not pure he keep on arguing, thank God u don't have time for him, the correct link is something like i-to-i.komm

Pease kindly refrain from using my monicker for cheap jabs...

Endeavour to man up and do the needful assertion instead of shadow diving.

Have a nice day
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
@Whyna, which ministry did you notarize/legalise your TEFL result? What I'm reading online now says you can only do that in the British/American Embassy.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ogborokiri(m): 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
please will 700k be enough to study Vietnamese language?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ligxy(f): 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
WhyNa:
Light shopping
You like food sha.. grin grin
Chop chop.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2020
Joohan:
@Whyna, which ministry did you notarize/legalise your TEFL result? What I'm reading online now says you can only do that in the British/American Embassy.

Foreign affairs and Vietnamese embassy

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2020
Ogborokiri:
please will 700k be enough to study Vietnamese language?

Really don't know. You can check online
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2020
WhyNa:

Foreign affairs and Vietnamese embassy

Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
I got these beautiful pictures of Vietnam. Let me post them to spice things up a bit. grin

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jizzyjordan: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
The night life cool cool
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Fam, I just said I should let you'll know that Autumn is finally here in full.

Like what we call harmattan in Nigerian is actually Autumn here but colder with a dash of rain sometimes and a bit of sunlight in the afternoons.

It's pretty windy too especially when driving your bike. Breeze fit carry you sef

This is October and it's 22 degrees and cold. Wonder what December would be like

Hope y'all good

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by charles2468(m): 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
WhyNa:

Like what we call harmattan in Nigerian is actually Autumn here but colder with a dash of rain sometimes and a bit of sunlight in the afternoons.

It's pretty windy too especially when driving your bike. Breeze fit carry you sef

This is October and it's 22 degrees and cold. Wonder what December would be like

Hope y'all good

woww!!
have a good time

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Joohan:
I got these beautiful pictures of Vietnam. Let me post them to spice things up a bit. grin

The last picture is called Train street. For some reason, people find this attractive and it's kind of like a tourist area.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
WhyNa:

Hope y'all good

We are! How can I get your WhatsApp mobile? I’m certain I’ll need a lot of back and forth conversations with you when I arrive next year. Just so I don’t get missing please grin grin
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by shadray: 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
you are doing a great Job @whyna . I have been following quietly all this while .pl may I know if one can find the online teaching job from nija, having obtain the TEFL as you did? if yes how can we go about it please ?
thanks as I anticipate your response please
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by VirusOO7(m): 12:41am On Oct 09, 2020
shadray:
you are doing a great Job @whyna . I have been following quietly all this while .pl may I know if one can find the online teaching job from nija, having obtain the TEFL as you did? if yes how can we go about it please ?
thanks as I anticipate your response please

Check online, opportunities abound.
You can find online teaching jobs for various subjects, I have a friend who takes physics and business mathematics online...
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 6:27am On Oct 09, 2020
WhyNa:

The last picture is called Train street. For some reason, people find this attractive and it's kind of like a tourist area.

Yeah. The place looks beautiful, but the noise undecided There's this hand sculpture holding a bridge in VN, try and visit there also someday.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (114) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.