Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (299813 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by YEAEMEDIA(f): 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
Are you chatting with Mhiz Linh or you are yet to be contacted by the international students officer
MissLarry:

Been battling with the application
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by MissLarry: 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
YEAEMEDIA:
Are you chatting with Mhiz Linh or you are yet to be contacted by the international students officer
I filled the online form yesterday but the process is really confusing.
I haven’t been contacted by anyone.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Hahnemann: 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
Few weeks back, I tried to apply in one of the universities in Vietnam, about 6days later I got a mail from them.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by BrandExpert(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
WhyNa, I must commend your effort and appreciate all you are doing for us, you are a rare gem.

I have been trying to follow in your footsteps by trying to teach English in Vietnam.

Unfortunately, I have been facing a lot refusals in processing my application because I'm from Nigeria.

Recently, this evening, I got a mail (the screenshot is attached) specifically saying I can't get visa , work permit or jobs in Vietnam because I'm a Nigerian.

Please, what to do about this? Is anybody else facing this ish? Any way around it? I'm very much frustrated.

WhyNa and others, please help

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by YEAEMEDIA(f): 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
I usually used chrome while filing it and you will have to sent it to translate it to English and it's very easy and straightforward

It's the top rank school in the country, that's why I opted for it and they are friendly and helpful

MissLarry:

I filled the online form yesterday but the process is really confusing.
I haven’t been contacted by anyone.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by MissLarry: 8:16am On Feb 14, 2022
YEAEMEDIA:
I usually used chrome while filing it and you will have to sent it to translate it to English and it's very easy and straightforward

It's the top rank school in the country, that's why I opted for it and they are friendly and helpful

Thanks for the heads up.
I’ve succeeded and filling the form and printed it out.
I want to reach you but I don’t have access to this email again.
Cos I want to know if I’m to forward the filled application to any email or I’ll be contacted by them.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by MissLarry: 11:08am On Feb 14, 2022
[quote author=YEAEMEDIA post=

[/quote]
Thanks so much
Gotten
You can edit it.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Palazo(m): 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
@Whyna mehn should I say happy new year �, I must commend your consistency. May God crown your effort. Don't work soon.......�

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Liadi2(m): 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2022
Good day here, please whyna and Co please kindly be of help to us Nigeria is finishing most of here. Here is the attached picture of the reply I got. Seriously I'm more eager to Japan from this country getting frustrated and income is sinking with high increase in price of food and stuff.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:59am On Feb 15, 2022
Hi guys,

Like I said earlier, I don't know much about student's visa. Not because if I want to know, I won't put my mind to it but because I wouldn't bring my family here to study.

I won't advice what I can't allow my family to do. Not that schooling here is bad but I've always been an advocate for working and saving your money, then moving to another country where you will be taught in English and your certificate would speak for you and you can enjoy other benefits associated with that country.

You should only follow the school route if you don't have a first degree and enough money

If you already have a first degree but want to get another or just want to keep studying, read my advice above again

My honest 2 cents. The decision still lies in your hands

That being said, if you have applied to or plan to apply to ULIS, VNU and Thai Nguyen University,. and you have questions or want to make enquiries, drop it here and I'll compile and ask the guy and post answers here.

Please ask reasonable questions and don't DM with questions about schools. It's not me that you can DM 24/7 with questions and I'll answer, this one would be forwarded to someone else.

One last thing, if you have enough money, go for British University Vietnam. Choose courses where your certificate would be jointly awarded by then and the UK.

I still don't advocate for schooling here

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:01am On Feb 15, 2022
Palazo:
@Whyna mehn should I say happy new year �, I must commend your consistency. May God crown your effort. Don't work soon.......�

Palazzo Palazzo! The one guy that went to see my dad to confirm whether I was genuine and became friends with him cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol. How's life been bro. Happy New year to you too and thanks for your prayers.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:02am On Feb 15, 2022
Marimart:

Pls I'm interested in this, thanks.

Please ask your question here
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:03am On Feb 15, 2022
Amirable:

Hello please can I get your email address to contact you about this school

What would you like to know
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:19am On Feb 15, 2022
Pictures from a private school in my neighborhood

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:28am On Feb 15, 2022
Lunch

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:32am On Feb 15, 2022
Valentine's Day celebration in my neighborhood

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:05am On Feb 15, 2022
Christmas village 2021

The concept was really great. Sadly I've deleted most of the pictures I took.

So you to the reception and sign for your raffle card

Then you go to the Christmas village and slot it into the raffle machine and pick a number.

A bag drops out our the machine and you take that bag to the collection point to claim your gift. Na wetin you pick you go get.

And no you can't ask your friend which number and machine he used because the gifts changes cheesy cheesy

Some of the gifts were shopping bags, tea mugs, aprons, games, colouring books, Starbucks vouchers, sticker books etc

I wanted the apron or white shopping bag while praying i don't pick that snake and ladder game but got a mug and many people wanted to exchange the mug so I hol am tight grin grin grin

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:11am On Feb 15, 2022
Some of the gifts

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:14am On Feb 15, 2022
More

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:18am On Feb 15, 2022
The calendar was our New Year gift. Everyone got it. Last two years, we all got house plants

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jpride(m): 7:54am On Feb 15, 2022
@WhyNa Good morning...... Trust you are good. I'm not a fan of school route, so I'll love to know the requirements and cost of a work or business visa including Tefl certification. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Vision202: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
WhyNa:
Hi guys,

Like I said earlier, I don't know much about student's visa. Not because if I want to know, I won't put my mind to it but because I wouldn't bring my family here to study.

I won't advice what I can't allow my family to do. Not that schooling here is bad but I've always been an advocate for working and saving your money, then moving to another country where you will be taught in English and your certificate would speak for you and you can enjoy other benefits associated with that country.

You should only follow the school route if you don't have a first degree and enough money

If you already have a first degree but want to get another or just want to keep studying, read my advice above again

My honest 2 cents. The decision still lies in your hands

That being said, if you have applied to or plan to apply to ULIS, VNU and Thai Nguyen University,. and you have questions or want to make enquiries, drop it here and I'll compile and ask the guy and post answers here.

Please ask reasonable questions and don't DM with questions about schools. It's not me that you can DM 24/7 with questions and I'll answer, this one would be forwarded to someone else.

One last thing, if you have enough money, go for British University Vietnam. Choose courses where your certificate would be jointly awarded by then and the UK.

I still don't advocate for schooling here

What if you enter through school, can't you be working at the same time? And when you graduate you concentrate fully on work or whatever you wish to do with your life?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
Vision202:

What if you enter through school, can't you be working at the same time? And when you graduate you concentrate fully on work or whatever you wish to do with your life?

Sure you can. Very possible

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Vision202: 3:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
WhyNa:

Sure you can. Very possible

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Hahnemann: 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
WhyNa:

Amen.

Let's see.... how do I do this....

Ok. With 2M, you can start the process, get to Vietnam, and still be good for the next 1-2 months. By process, I mean both getting the right documents, authentication, one year visa, work permit, flight, accommodation, feeding, etc.

This however depends on some things.

1. The agent
2. Your prudence in spending
3. Your taste.
4. Location

Other than that, 2M would get you the best option.

Is this budget still feasible?

Going by d current black market exchange rate of about #570 to $1, this should be about $3.5k

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.