Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (299668 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Hightser: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2022
WhyNa:

It's good to see many of you making effort and coming back to post and help.

We need more of this here. Well-done

For those interested in Vietnam National University, I have a friend there and he has agreed to help with information. So if you've started your process with VNU and ULIS and need help, you can reach out and I'll ask him or connect you guys if he's willingly

He finished from Thai Nguyen university and can help with that also.

Wait, whyNa is back grin I just noticed, welcome back my friend, remember me? happy new year, I hope you won't runaway again, sorry for the altercation last year wink
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 11:32am On Feb 18, 2022
Spring is here!!!

Everywhere just getting wet without rain lol

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 12:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
Spring abi Smoke...�

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Palazo(m): 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
WhyNa:

Palazzo Palazzo! The one guy that went to see my dad to confirm whether I was genuine and became friends with him cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol. How's life been bro. Happy New year to you too and thanks for your prayers.

Lol, life is good, just keep being helpful to people cos ignorantly you're raising army that will help you at your point of need.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:35am On Feb 20, 2022
Winter in Vietnam at it's finest grin

Coldest day so far...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:36am On Feb 20, 2022
When the rooster wakes you up before your alarm clock grin grin grin

Savage response �

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:38am On Feb 20, 2022
EbonyCy:
Spring abi Smoke...�

Lol. No it's not smoke.

It's fog.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:38am On Feb 20, 2022
Palazo:

Lol, life is good, just keep being helpful to people cos ignorantly you're raising army that will help you at your point of need.

I hear you boss
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2022
Hahnemann:

Is this budget still feasible?

Going by d current black market exchange rate of about #570 to $1, this should be about $3.5k

I think you can answer this question yourself boss.

This post was made in 2020. Even malt is no longer 100 naira

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gloryhouse1: 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2022
Good to know that this thread is alive...
@Whyna, please I need answer to this. Can one move with family (kids and husband)?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
YEAEMEDIA:
I usually used chrome while filing it and you will have to sent it to translate it to English and it's very easy and straightforward

It's the top rank school in the country, that's why I opted for it and they are friendly and helpful

How do I reach you please
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
YEAEMEDIA:
Are you chatting with Mhiz Linh or you are yet to be contacted by the international students officer

How do I reach you please
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Amoshine(m): 5:56am On Feb 28, 2022
@ WhyNa How are you coping with the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in Vietnam? Hope you are staying safe? And hope it's not affecting jobs? We that we are planning to come,hope it won't affect us?

Kindly update us.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:28am On Feb 28, 2022
gloryhouse1:
Good to know that this thread is alive...
@Whyna, please I need answer to this. Can one move with family (kids and husband)?

Yes but one person needs to come first, then invite others on his/her TRC
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2022
Amoshine:
@ WhyNa How are you coping with the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in Vietnam? Hope you are staying safe? And hope it's not affecting jobs? We that we are planning to come,hope it won't affect us?

Kindly update us.

Hi, we're good.

The cases are increasing but I think it's the omicron variant cos people just stay at home now till they get better in like 10-14 days

People are still entering. Just have all your correct paperwork and you're good to go
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by HenryG(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
Dear Whyna,
I observe this question is yet to be asked; how is the tax rate and imposition especially for teaching aspect in Vietnam?
Was just smiling the day I realized you were back.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Hahnemann: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Is Vietnam still fully opening up for tourism come March 15th?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Alexgeneration(m): 12:00am On Mar 11, 2022
Whyna, how is the dating pool there? How are their girls? How are their guys? What are their general outlook to romantic relationships?

Many people complain of loneliness in Canada, I hope it's quite different there?

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hahnemann:
Is Vietnam still fully opening up for tourism come March 15th?
Doesn't look promising.....
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Hahnemann: 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
dlordy100:

Doesn't look promising.....

I think they finally reopened. Hopefully cost is acquiring visas will drop down soon
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dep07(f): 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
Hello @ Whyna,
Hope you are well? Pls i sent you a pm.
I need your help urgently.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 7:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
Hahnemann:

I think they finally reopened. Hopefully cost is acquiring visas will drop down soon

They did
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Udapod(m): 10:58am On Mar 19, 2022
@Whyna I would love to come and study medicine and surgery in Vietnam. Can I study in English there?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2022
Vietnam entry procedures for foreigners from March 15, 2022
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Cases that do not require applying for an entry letter
Vietnam entry procedures for foreigners
Regulations on isolation when entering Vietnam
Vietnam has now allowed entry to the country again. According to a dispatch on March 15, 2022, the government issued a decision to restore the entry policy to Vietnam for foreigners. Therefore, from March 15, restrictions on entry policies during the epidemic period will be removed. Below is the simple guide to Vietnam entry procedures made by VTJ team.

Foreigners are able to enter much more freely and comfortably. However, the following conditions must still be met:

– Having an entry official approved by the Immigration Department (except for cases exempted from applying for an entry official).
– Passport is still valid.
– Having a negative Covid-19 test result by Real time-PCR within 72-hour before entry.
– Committed to strictly implementing regulations on prevention of Covid-19 epidemic.
– Make a temporary residence declaration before entry.

Vietnam entry procedures for foreigners from March 15, 2022Cases that do not require applying for an entry letter
– Entry by visa exemption
– Have a valid permanent residence card.
– A valid temporary residence card.
– Have a valid multiple-entry visa.
– A valid 5-year visa exemption certificate.

Vietnam entry procedures for foreigners
For foreigners entering to get visa at the Airport, it is necessary to prepare the following documents:

1. Passport.
2. Entry approval letter. (unless exempted)
3. The test result for Covid -19 by Real time-PCR technique is negative.
4. Expenses in cash for visa issuance at the airport (25 USD/single entry; 50 USD/multiple entry visa)
5. The NA1 form. (You can declare it in advance or you can declare it at the border gate.)
6. Photo 3×4
*Note:

– If the foreigner has obtained a visa at the Embassy/Consulate, when arriving at the border gate, only need to present the passport, visa and their negative-for- Covid-19 test result.

– Procedures for obtaining a visa at the Embassy/Consulate also include the above documents.

Vietnam entry procedures for foreigners entering Vietnam with visa exemption or visa exemption:

You will need:

1. Passport

2. PCR test results

Besides, remember to follow the procedures for medical declaration and health declaration according to the instructions at the border gate to be allowed to enter the country.

For foreigners entering with an electronic visa (e-visa), prepare:

1. Passport

2. E-visa that has been issued.

3. PCR test results

Foreigners need to carry out medical declaration and health declaration procedures according to instructions. In addition, you do not need to pay the visa issuance fee at the border gate anymore.

Regulations on isolation when entering Vietnam

According to the latest dispatch of the Ministry of Health dated March 15, 2022, foreigners entering Vietnam do not need to go through isolation procedures. Below is the details:

– Foreigners on entry must have a negative PCR test result within 72 hours before entry.

– Can leave the residence if the test result is negative.

Pay attention to health monitoring within the first 10 days of entering Vietnam.

– Install the PC Covid application (on Google play or App store) for monitoring health condition.

https://vietnamteachingjobs.com/vietnam-entry-procedures-foreigners-march-15-2022/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Hahnemann: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2022
Must we make the list?

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Amoshine(m): 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hello @ WhyNa and others, thanks for the great work. Please, I need some clarification.

I have been working with an agent to get me visa in order to teach in Vietnam. He recently told me that I can only get visa now and while work permit will be given to me by the employer I will be working with when I reach there.

Does this make sense please?

I am raising this because I saw in your post that you got Visa and work permit before you left Nigeria.

Please, do you think I should go ahead with what this person said or otherwise?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.