Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom (85615 Views)

Video Of Sand Storm In Yola, Adamawa State / Okada Rider Found Dead In A Flooded Gutter In Anambra (Disturbing Video) / Excavator Assisting People To Cross A Gutter In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by eodavids(m): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2020
Its about maintenance culture. Everything should not be left for government to do.

People with houses, shops, business premises, officers beside and , or behind a drainage facilities should learn to remove sand and other garbages in there.

Unless this habit is imbibed by the category of persons I mentioned above, you will found that they are the ones who will push/sweep their refuses into the water way...
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by lomprico(m): 9:27am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:
This is how my God will pack out dirty and nonsense girls out of my life.

and they will enter back again because that's what will happen to the sand. grin

1 Like

Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by doggedfighter(f): 9:28am On Feb 15, 2020
DeomoviesI:
Hmmmm...... Please help us beg LASG to do this as well this period for Okota Lagos. The rate at which water stuck on the road for months is really alarming. Small rain droplets, heavy road to pass. I guess this should be done to the drainage this period because sand has blocked them. It is a great development over there, Kudos. You can get high definition movies and series into external drive and pc including Frozen II Doctor Sleep, Jojo Rabbit, Parasite, Moonlight, Power (S1-6 complete) (zero,eight,one,four,four,two,three,eight,three,two,seven)
How does this work
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by 2shure: 9:32am On Feb 15, 2020
Sandtipers loading
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:33am On Feb 15, 2020
Omihanifa:

Hotoro GRA
okay, am in Kano right now. Ashton road.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by gbaskiboy: 9:40am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:
This has turned to prayer point right? It is good sha, but work toward your prayer. Go henceforth and sin no more
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by collinsmcmorgan(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2020
All this sand will still enter back to that gutter.

They fit use this sand fill foundation in a new site na
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2020
This is beautiful, compared to Lagos black porridge of assorted wastes and it's sickening smell.

From the contents of Lagos drainages, you will know that Lagos is no more fit to be a dwelling place. But, do we have options? Maybe, maybe not. Time shall tell.

Please pack am commot before they find their ways back into the drainages.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Equal2DeTask(m): 9:45am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:

Lol
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Tookool(m): 9:45am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:
How them dey take enter?

1 Like

Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 15, 2020
soleilmoon100:
Saw this on Facebook and we wonder why it's always flooded during rainy season. Naija Nawa.

You never see anything enter akpan etuk or udosen uko near oron road they get gutter but sand and nonsense dey inside am.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Simplecity(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2020
dingbang:
It will still enter back. .
see as you just kill mood....lwkmd..... grin grin grin
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by zealblinks(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:

Amen bro
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by guru90: 9:49am On Feb 15, 2020
dingbang:
It will still enter back. .

i dont think so.. They may remove it later.....

But if it in Aba, Abia State....... it will still enter back inside gutter.... i will believe u for saying so......
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by guru90: 9:52am On Feb 15, 2020
lomprico:

and they will enter back again because that's what will happen to the sand. grin

hahahaha,........ abi
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by lomprico(m): 9:54am On Feb 15, 2020
guru90:

hahahaha,........ abi

yes o! u sef know na grin
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by EnkayDezign4: 10:03am On Feb 15, 2020
sulaak:
Lack of maintenance culture, those gutters should be cleared every week.

They shouldn't be open in the first place.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Sammyblaq(m): 10:06am On Feb 15, 2020
Till you see Aba own...
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Missionaire: 10:09am On Feb 15, 2020
We need localised solutions, that is solutions that are peculiar to our problems and people.
I still wonder why we keep constructing gutters or drainages without covering them with little holes that can allow water only to pass through.
It can be opened to remove the sands in Sandy areas but it will prevent other things like satchets, nylons, orange peels etc from entering the gutters.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by ikorodureporta: 10:10am On Feb 15, 2020
I've not seen Joe Igbokwe taking action in Lagos, now wey rain never start...
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Kuginzi: 10:12am On Feb 15, 2020
Give us Biafra
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by adolebenito17(m): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2020
we nigerian , we lack mentanance
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Ekemz: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2020
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Kakamorufu(m): 10:31am On Feb 15, 2020
if those sands are not packed away from there, they will still be washed back into the gutters. Same scenario happening in port harcourt everytime
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:

Girls your priority? Nairaland guys and women obsession smh...
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by MrDoGood(m): 10:34am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:

angry grin grin grin grin bros, watin dey xup??
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Bluffly: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2020
soleilmoon100:
Saw this on Facebook and we wonder why it's always flooded during rainy season. Naija Nawa.

It will definitely be so since they build roads without developing the environment. When the road and its environs are well developed such heap of sand won't find its way into the drainage. They should get sense.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Bluffly: 10:36am On Feb 15, 2020
Tookool:

How them dey take enter?
Open your eyes
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Opeakins(m): 10:37am On Feb 15, 2020
I trust lagos people day no go break b4 dem go pack am comot
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by zomoears(m): 10:42am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:

If you say you be gutter grin
...na only no sense de enter gutter na grin grin grin
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by 77up(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2020
...and this is a fp worth news?

Nairaland...shame undecided !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.