Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom (85942 Views)

Video Of Sand Storm In Yola, Adamawa State / Okada Rider Found Dead In A Flooded Gutter In Anambra (Disturbing Video) / Excavator Assisting People To Cross A Gutter In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by chachanga: 10:51am On Feb 15, 2020
petnuel:
And you packed the sand on the main road? What happened to sense and decency??

An appropriate caption for this would have been, "Ss the amount of sand packed on the main road in Akwa Ibom". Much as gutters should be de-silted, the sand is better in the gutter than in on the main road.

At least they've taken the first let step.

You need to Calm down. You sound. Too Pained. tongue

You know Nigeria Already. Even if the Govt Agencies Don't Come For That Sand, Tipper Garage Sand Seller-Trucks Will poach it off there.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by SamgoldBaba: 10:56am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:
This is how my God will pack out dirty and nonsense girls out of my life.

I can feel your pain bro
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by SamgoldBaba: 10:56am On Feb 15, 2020
dingbang:
It will still enter back. .

That's cool cash...one of the things I do for a living
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by SuperSupremo(m): 11:09am On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:
Olosho boy,no be you dey pack them in ni?
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by mechanics(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2020
dingbang:
Hahahha, it won't if the gutter is being monitored.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 15, 2020
gutter system won't work for a country like Nigeria, we need underground drainage system
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Offpoint: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2020
Kobicove:
There are no plastic bottles, used pure water sachets and all whatnot... the people of that region are quite neat smiley
It's a crime to drop filth in AK, you'll be highly fine or sentence if caught.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Charleys: 11:40am On Feb 15, 2020
petnuel:
And you packed the sand on the main road? What happened to sense and decency??

An appropriate caption for this would have been, "Ss the amount of sand packed on the main road in Akwa Ibom". Much as gutters should be de-silted, the sand is better in the gutter than in on the main road.

It's packed on the road so that it'll be easier for trucks to carry it.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 15, 2020
Kakamorufu:
if those sands are not packed away from there, they will still be washed back into the gutters. Same scenario happening in port harcourt everytime
Guy no be only port harcout, today on my way to school along that kasu road for people who knows kaduna, there were cutting down trees so i noticed there was no sign of drainage except in front of buildings entrance that was when i recalled vehcles used to pass the place if there is hold up on the main road, i am still contemplating of its was sand that coverd the drianage or there wasn't at all. I will do more research on my way home sha.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by sacx: 11:52am On Feb 15, 2020
dingbang:

Lol, you know what's up. Our maintenance culture is so poor, sustainable development is seeming more like a mirage.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Rubicon67(m): 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
sulaak:
Lack of maintenance culture, those gutters should be cleared every week.

I don't think it is sustainable, economically viable or even possible to clean gutters every week. There are lots of gutters with no clearly defined drainage system, and as long as there are unpaved roads everywhere, the problem will persists.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by wiseone28: 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
MillerJnr:

to avoid this issue, use interlock after the drainage to the houses close to the road, as it done in saner climes
Sometimes i wonder if it is a rocket science to do this in nigeria
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by hardon1(m): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
dingbang:

exactly what happens thereafter... warri own na case study. it is one thing for citizens to empty gutters, its another for government to come evacuate the sand and dirts
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by JoseRaji(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
dingbang:

That's if they don't remove it from there and put it to good use.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by DAVE5(m): 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:

Wait, you have that much girls in your life?

They suppose flog u gan

My own 1 is enough headache for me and my biz talkless of keeping multiple upon multiple, nah die u dey ohh
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by DAVE5(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
JoseRaji:

That's if they don't remove it from there and put it to good use.

Exactly why he said it will enter back, cos they won't do anything abt it, it would just be left there

1 Like

Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by DAVE5(m): 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
Offpoint:

It's a crime to drop filth in AK, you'll be highly fine or sentence if caught.

Can they please introduce it everywhere in this country

I've been guilty once or twice, I rarely ever drop dirts on the road or in the open, I'd rather hold it till I reach my house or drop it in the bus if I'm using public transport but I'm sure if they fine me or make me do community service once, my once or twice would turn to never again

BTW: no central dustbin in this country at a, I don find dustbin plenty times all to no avail
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by DAVE5(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
franciscom:
who will pay

They can use some of the funds they usually loot
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by AquariusRising: 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
lomprico:

and they will enter back again because that's what will happen to the sand. grin

���. Chai! You mean o
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Dbarrzx: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
dingbang:
TRUE TALK
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by azino11(m): 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2020
Just one rainy season and the gutter is back to the brim with sand
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Legendguru: 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
This one can build house
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by thundafire: 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:
then get just one
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by SuperBlack: 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:

It will Enter Again
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by nlPoster: 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:

Or vice versa.

You people whine too much.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by joyfullyjoyous(f): 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
The sand can be used to mould bricks. It's free gift of nature.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by AnthonyAk(m): 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2020
The problem begins with the square gutters. Gutters need to be rounded so sand dosent accumulate
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by CaptainFM1: 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
Government should make it a law that every house owner must concrete, screed or use interlock at the frontage of their house leading to the gutter. And of course, govt must do the roads and or gutters. That's the only way this can be prevented.

Another law I would love government to enforce is home owners to repaint their houses at interval not more than 10years. 15 to 20years for houses that use tiles/boards for facial coverings. Certificate should be issued and expiration date should be monitored.

The certificate should also be withdrawn from any house whose conditions of issuance has been compromised. Such home owner should then do the needful as well as applying for a new certificate for which 10yrs expiration period shall commence.
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Bekool(m): 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
soleilmoon100:
Saw this on Facebook and we wonder why it's always flooded during rainy season. Naija Nawa.

All these sands will surely find it's way back to the gutter again if they don't pack it immediately.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Kakamorufu(m): 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
spendoon:

Guy no be only port harcout, today on my way to school along that kasu road for people who knows kaduna, there were cutting down trees so i noticed there was no sign of drainage except in front of buildings entrance that was when i recalled vehcles used to pass the place if there is hold up on the main road, i am still contemplating of its was sand that coverd the drianage or there wasn't at all. I will do more research on my way home sha.
niceone. try see.
port Harcourt own ehn. it's always sand that cover the drainage
Re: The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom by Danhumprey: 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2020
This na normal something. Come Uyo, come see clogged drainage.

Mehn! I don't even understand how sane people will be doing everything to destroy their environment with their awful waste disposal habit. Dumping wastes, be it plastic or leather or whatever in the gutter. The road sweepers too, have part of the blame here, with the way they sweep sand and dirt into three gutter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lockdown: Beautiful Drone shots Of Lagos / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Yearly Salary & Monthly Income After Tax Deductions In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.