Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,998 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms (37777 Views)

FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / Nigerian Army Women Corps To Hold 7-Day Field Training Exercises / US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
helinues:

Don't get yourself banned.. there is no need

Are u well?
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Omoslim26: 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bluntguy:

I can see you have never operated a thread on NL except going around constituting nuisance on people's opinions in the name of quoting them. We have seen a lot of your type here and are doing something about your type. It's quite easy to know you are still a child and I will no longer dignify you with a response. Bring it on and continue insulting yourself. It's written all over you.

you made your opinion and ended it with ipob is winning

Nd I asked winning over what

if you are not that you are carrying a dead brain on that big head of yours you would know that comment derailed the topic and would course unnecessary arguments

but of course that's what dwarf minded kids like you do on this forum

don't mention me again too

udo Chukwuabiama dirigi
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Legendguru: 3:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
Oh
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by abuhusna1: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
tyup:

then ur nothing but a pack of lies sad
Google is your friend Mr man
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by chaloskyx: 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
we should have jest done state police for christ sake why would you legalise guns for people who you havent even done a background check on well to bad i know we would regret this decision in the future cause Nigeria is fond of making stupid decisions and laws that have a negative effect on its people
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by ogbonti: 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
OKOATA:
Bro take a chill it’s not like they will get into the USA and be herding their cattle’s, they will be shot on sight. People who have know data base how do they get into the USA? Fulanis are only dominant here in Nigeria and I promise you they will all be alienated in the next presidency.

no, what if they enter like Abdumutalab, the Nigerian under wear bomber. you think these herdsmen are not terrorists? you think terrorist only have one pattern of committing havoc? what if they belong to ISIS sleeper cells? what if they are also boko haram members who pledged their loyalty to ISIS? in the world of battling terrorists and terrorism, 1 + 1 is not always 2. we must be right in identifying and stopping them 100% of the time, they only need to be effective just once to create mayhem... that is why everyone from Nigeria is a suspect!!!!
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Kingpele(m): 8:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
abuhusna1:
Must everyone carry gun. This is my third year in Ireland and I have never seen a gun.
u better relocate to a better country, that country is for students and children.. Gun we see everywhere in the US of A and u are here... Meanwhile I went to Gambia 2009, I didn't see any police with a gun
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by orisa37: 11:40am On Feb 16, 2020
So that Police can train FH to perfect the use of AK-47 that are already in their possession. Silly Bokoharam.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by executive12: 12:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
Nonsense. The AK47 wielding Fulani militants do not have any license. The Governors should do the needful to obtain the arms officially allowed. But they should use their God given brain to ensure that they adequately equip the State security with the appropriate weapons to handle armed robbery and banditry. They are the defacto State Police.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by executive12: 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
abuhusna1:
Must everyone carry gun. This is my third year in Ireland and I have never seen a gun.

You have the luxury to ask that question because you have escaped to Ireland. You should come back to Nigeria and answer your own question.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by executive12: 12:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
okefranci:
The best thing is to have a gun license by the federal government to curb the insecurity in the land because most of these enemies have strong amulations

The FG is the sponsor and protector of the Fulani militants and you expect it to issue you weapons to challenge the same Fulani militants?
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by executive12: 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
Jakumo:
The essence of this flawed bid by Nigerian federal government spokesmen to regulate the varieties of personal weapons that would be carried by regional vigilante groups like the newly established Amotekun group in the south west, is that the federal government seeks to hijack the laws applicable ONLY for the regulation of CIVILIAN gun ownership, to the instance of statewide paramilitary groups whose role clearly falls within the realm of both military and law enforcement response tasking.

The quotation of statues relating to civilian gun ownership, by federal government spokespeople, is from a legal standpoint, of ZERO relevance with respect to the arming of ANY state OR federal law enforcement agency, since the weaponry carried by trained service personnel, is determined within the context of the anticipated mission emphasis, and theaters of deployment envisioned for specific military units, and NOT on the politically-motivated, legally unsound, semi-official pronouncements issued by insignificant little government minions seeking to earn brownie points as they languish near the bottom of the food chain in the federal capital.

Good point there.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by executive12: 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Very good point...but check this out...

The Firearms Act consist of two parts, the Act itself and Firearms Regulation. The States have passed laws giving the Executives consent to arm their security corps in their respective states. This means the Governor, in his capacity as Executive-in Chief, the head of security, will apply to IGP for consent to act as a designee for the powers conferred on the IGP by part II of the Act. The IGP cannot turn down the Chief Security of the State. The Governor thus steps in as a firearm authorizing agent only for his state. The IGP is not able to deny licensing power to the Governors but he can negotiate for some other concessions.

Good to hear. I will be surprised though, if Buhari's IGP will approve guns for the State security outfits. We all know that Buhari operates a lawless regime. I guess the issue of firearms for Amotekun will end up in Court.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by executive12: 12:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
Nasiruddeen:
LIMITS OF INSOLENT INTOLERANCE
Imagine a renown, respected Islamic cleric living in the heart of Enugu, using every public forum to insult or denigrate Christians.
Only God knows how Enugu residents would react to that.
That is exactly what Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah, living in the seat of Sokoto caliphate, where the Sultan also lives, has been doing to Muslims since the day he was posted there as the Bishop of Sokoto Diocese.
Sometimes, one can't help wondering whether Bishop Kukah was posted there on purpose: to test the elastic limits of Muslims' tolerance.
The man has allowed his inferiority complex induced by both his midget physique and minority status, to cloud his senses of reasoning and propriety.
Kukah also suffers from acute siege mentality or persecution complex, always acting as a self-appointed spokesman of all the "oppressed" Christian minorities of northern Nigeria.
His recently renewed outbursts against Muslims cannot be unconnected with his loss of relevance and free passage to the Villa, whose gates were thrown open to him by the wily old man, Obasanjo, a tradition which president Jonathan not only maintained, but also improved on, with additional keys to our national treasury.
Bishop Kukah has never lost an opportunity to disparage Muslims and especially Hausa-Fulani for whom he harbours inveterate, implacable hate.
However, what is most baffling is that Kukah is a Catholic Bishop, not a Pentecostal prophet.
He completely jettisons the pristine teachings of Jesus Christ on peace, forgiveness and love for one's neighbour.
Instead, he always preaches hate and intolerance and incites Christians to violence.
The Bishop has every right to be angry and mad with president Buhari for snubbing him and plugging the pipes that were supplying easy money to him, but he has no right to take out his frustration on innocent, peace-loving citizens, in his strident efforts to set Nigeria ablaze.
Meanwhile, kudos to us the Muslims, especially those in Sokoto, that teach him and his fellow-Christians a lesson in and the virtures of tolerance and peaceful coexistence.

You should go do your ranting on another thread, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble / PDP Wins First Polling Unit In Osun Election / Former Militant Who Lost His Hand Has A Poultry Business (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.