Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself (6607 Views)

Age Is Just A Number - Reactions As 'Young' Couple Set To Wed In Benue (Photos) / Men Please Stop Deceiving Yourselves, You Will Choose Beauty Over Brain / Why Do White Women Age Faster Than Black Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
IAMBlesssed:

Lol....
Ur Problem is that you have failed to focus on ur life and get better as person, rather you want to pokenose into Other people's lives. Why do you want to know my age? Must I be around that age bracket to voice out my opinion?

I just want to educate you as a mother would because I realize you re just a child,Just like ur moniker suggested..
I didn't ask for your age, i just guessed from the way you rant

3 Likes

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2020
KevinDein:

The truth is I'd be indifferent. Won't be happy, won't be sad for her. But I admire your honesty.
thank you, it's like an employer rejecting your application for a job, saying you are not qualified, all of a sudden the company started going down and the same employer now needs you, every human being will be happy for this not because he's company is Going down but because he rejected you before

4 Likes

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by IAMBlesssed(f): 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
lastchild:
I created this thread not to mock women but to issue an advice, since they know age is just a number they should act on it even when they are younger, not when growing old they will come up with one stupid phrase that age is a number, who are they deceiving

Go through ur write up again.. There's no single advice there.
Meanwhile my comment is just to correct that notion of urs about women and marriage. U have no idea why that lady is still single and so its wrong of you to create a thread about her. Singles (both male/female) have various reasons for remaining single.

I personally know people who re single due to genotype,finance,death or ill health of partners, disappointments from partners among other reasons..So don't mock them, you don't know the battles they re fighting...

I'm replying you because I'm a mother and wouldn't want my kids to be fed with this kind of sick notion when they re of age..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by IAMBlesssed(f): 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
lastchild:
I didn't ask for your age, i just guessed from the way you rant

The same pokenosing I talked about. This is an adult faceless forum where people air their views. So why re you guessing my age? And my opinion is a rant to you?
Then ur thread is what?

Very funny..

1 Like

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
but i have seen some ladies over thirty who even look younger than some ladies in their mid twenties cheesy.its all about taking care of urself.stop over eating and exercise so u will be looking chic instead of looking overbloated.when u look overbloated u look older than your age and ppl will be saying good morning ma or good evenin ma not knowing u not that old and men wont be looking ur way.also another thing is when you younger and u have a serious boyfriend who is focused try build up with him instead of looking for ready made men.e no easy to get a ready man who is single cheesy.most are already in relationships.best is he makes u a side chick or third wife.

2 Likes

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
So u practically came here to mock her coz she ain't married yet. Anyways may God help u.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
God bless u ma.
IAMBlesssed:

Meanwhile my comment is just to correct that notion of urs about women and marriage. U have no idea why that lady is still single and so its wrong of you to create a thread about her. Singles (both male/female) have various reasons for remaining single.

I personally know people who re single due to genotype,finance,death or ill health of partners, disappointments from partners among other reasons..So don't mock them, you don't know the battles they re fighting...

I'm replying you because I'm a mother and wouldn't want my kids to be fed with this kind of sick notion when they re of age..
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2020
IAMBlesssed:

we are all human, any guy that's in my shoes will be happy that the bitch is single and getting old, you won't understand anyway, yesterday I lied to her that I had nobody to be my Val and she increased the volume of her attention to me, the funny thing is that I had money when she rejected me in 2012 than now, in fact I would make a better husband then than now, I would've been a good lover to her more than now wey my head no dey house again,

Na now she know say age na number, I will just play along, if I can be able to waste another 5 years from her age then I will bless the name of the lord

I keep wondering what makes this fat old woman thinks that am getting serious with her, some people are delusional, well make I taste the thing she denied me 8 years ago first first because na e be the reason am still talking with her

E dey pain me shaa, something wey I for eat when it was young, slim and fresh na e I wan come chop when it's old, fat, ugly with stretch marks

Button line is, girls should know that things have changed, this is 2020, girls plenty everywhere these days, if you can go along with a guy just do, if you can't it's fine also, not when you are out of market you will come up with the useless age is number of a thing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
lefulefu:
but i have seen some ladies over thirty who even look younger than some ladies in their mid twenties cheesy.its all about taking care of urself.stop over eating and exercise so u will be looking chic instead of looking overbloated.when u look overbloated u look older than your age and ppl will be saying good morning ma or good evenin ma not knowing u not that old and men wont be looking ur way.also another thing is when you younger and u have a serious boyfriend who is focused try build up with him instead of looking for ready made men.e no easy to get a ready man who is single cheesy.most are already in relationships.best is he makes u a side chick or third wife.
you are correct anyway

2 Likes

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2020
MissGodOwn:
So u practically came here to mock her coz she ain't married yet. Anyways may God help u.

am here to announce it to the women who still use the phrase "age is just a number" it doesn't work, men needs young girls, when you are young just get hook up

1 Like

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by awakeuche(m): 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
lastchild:
When a woman hit 35 to 40 that's when she remember that age is just a number, am dealing with one now, met her 2012, she was a corper, she kept complaining that she can't date a guy she feels she's older than, 8 years later 2020, we met again, omo conversation done change, I indirectly ask if she can date or marry who she's older than, she said why not? age is just a number

Lol... See old cargo trying luck with me when there are 20s beautiful ones, This thread goes For the girls deceiving themselves, Age is just a number is only in a man's life not woman, my father at 66 rejected ladies we brought for him for marriage

If you are over 35 as a woman and be consoling yourself that age is just a number, am laughing at you...
shut it, you sexist thing

5 Likes

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
awakeuche:
shut it, you sexist thing
meaning? Please elaborate
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by franchasng: 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
Age is a number because everybody is absolutely responsible for the outcome of their lives. There are many ladies that are over 30 that look like a 25 year old because they take proper care of their weight, skin and overall appearance. Guys that are less than than their age find it unbelievable when they mention their age so don't be deceived, if you are not meeting anyone that you click with, be patient but work hard on earning money legitimately that will take care of your appearance
Many Nigerian men mentality is to look down on these women that are over 35 but I know there are intelligent men out there whose mentality are not like that
Most importantly, humility/level headed and friendliness will make you so attractive to your prospective husband
Dont focus your mind on it though, don't let it burden your heart.. Congratulations in advance
Not true......the grace of looking young even when old comes from gene and family....not by taking care of yourself or your body like you assume.

My mother is close to 80yrs but if you see her, she looks like 60.

My dad is 80+ but he can pass as a 65yr old agile man.

I am approaching 34 but I look like 25 shocked shocked shocked

Guess what I don't apply creams.....if I ever buy, it will stay in my room and expire....only the first few days I bought it that I will make use of it. If you see me and my mates, you will think they are my father....I look young and fresh like 16 grin grin

My father doesn't rub cream or lotion or anything.....I can't remember him doing any special thing to look young. But I have a friend, a childhood friend who happens to come from an averagely rich family (rich parents) but if you see his dad who happens to be around my father's age, he looks almost 100yrs despite the wealth and how this man took care of himself when we were growing up; he was known as whiteman because he lives life like white people.....my friend's mom is late though....and my friend inherited this gene from his parents.....if you see him now, he looks 40something and he is my mate.

So its not by eating or taking care of yourself.....its mostly goes with your family gene and body structure.

2 Likes

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by franchasng: 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2020
lefulefu:
but[b] i have seen some ladies over thirty who even look younger than some ladies in their mid twenties cheesy.its all about taking care of urself.stop over eating and exercise so u will be looking chic[/b] instead of looking overbloated.when u look overbloated u look older than your age and ppl will be saying good morning ma or good evenin ma not knowing u not that old and men wont be looking ur way.also another thing is when you younger and u have a serious boyfriend who is focused try build up with him instead of looking for ready made men.e no easy to get a ready man who is single cheesy.most are already in relationships.best is he makes u a side chick or third wife.
Lefu, in as much as I agree that good dieting and exercise are essential for looking good and keeping fit, I disagree that only that makes one look younger.

Most times, looking younger even at old age or as you age has to do with your family gene and body structure, and then eating well and exercise will help.

Some people eat well, exercise, do everything yet they look old and unfit....while some don't do any yet they look young, fresh and fit,

I fall into that category of forever young even when I don't exercise always aside cycling once in a while.....and the only good eating habit I think I practice is taking fruits regularly and its not because I want to look young, its because its a childhood craven for fruit...

So let's blame ladies who look older than their age or those that appear to age quick, doesn't always mean that they are not eating well or taking care of their body or exercising, most times, its genetic.....people inherit those things from their family.....just as longevity runs in family gene.
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by pansophist(m): 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
Age is a number because everybody is absolutely responsible for the outcome of their lives. There are many ladies that are over 30 that look like a 25 year old because they take proper care of their weight, skin and overall appearance. Guys that are less than than their age find it unbelievable when they mention their age so don't be deceived, if you are not meeting anyone that you click with, be patient but work hard on earning money legitimately that will take care of your appearance
Many Nigerian men mentality is to look down on these women that are over 35 but I know there are intelligent men out there whose mentality are not like that
Most importantly, humility/level headed and friendliness will make you so attractive to your prospective husband
Dont focus your mind on it though, don't let it burden your heart.. Congratulations in advance

Age has biological, social, physical and legal consequences. You seem to limit the understanding of age to appearances. Because there are women that are 30 years old but look 25 doesn't invalidate this relevance of age, using your line of thought, why not compare a 70 years old woman to 17? If age is just a number, then a 60 years woman should not be menopausal, a five years old boy should be allowed to smoke, children allowed to drive, etc.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by 2rez: 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2020
lastchild:
na lie, for men yes, for women na big lie

Keep telling yourself that man

2 Likes

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
I still can't fathom why this op is shaking a table that has almost lost all its legs. lastchild be very careful. If that table eventually falls,alot of people will get injured.
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
pansophist:

Age has biological, social, physical and legal consequences. You seem to limit the understanding of age to appearances. Because there are women that are 30 years old but look 25 doesn't invalidate this relevance of age, using your line of thought, why not compare a 70 years old woman to 17? If age is just a number, then a 60 years woman should not be menopausal, a five years old boy should be allowed to smoke, children allowed to drive, etc.

. Apt.
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
franchasng:
Not true......the grace of looking young even when old comes from gene and family....not by taking care of yourself or your body like you assume.

Guess what I don't apply creams.....if I ever buy, it will stay in my room and expire....only the first few days I bought it that I will make use of it. If you see me and my mates, you will think they are my father....I look young and fresh like 16 grin grin

My father doesn't rub cream or lotion or anything.....I can't remember him doing any special thing to look young. But I have a friend, a childhood friend who happens to come from an averagely rich family (rich parents) but if you see his dad who happens to be around my father's age, he looks almost 100yrs despite the wealth and how this man took care of himself when we were growing up; he was known as whiteman because he lives life like white people.....my friend's mom is late though....and my friend inherited this gene from his parents.....if you see him now, he looks 40something and he is my mate.

So its not by eating or taking care of yourself.....its mostly goes with your family gene and body structure.
you are 100 % correct on this one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
2rez:

Keep telling yourself that man
na lie I lie?
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
I still can't fathom why this op is shaking a table that has almost lost all its legs. lastchild be very careful. If that table eventually falls,alot of people will get injured.
lol
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by millionboi2: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
IAMBlesssed:
The way you guys carry women matter for una head eee...
Is it your age??
Is being single a disease/curse?
Is not everyone's prayer to live long and grow old?
So what's ur problem with her age and relationship that you have to rush to NL to create a thread to mock the Lady..

You guys be acting as if ur lives are perfect. Haven't you seen your mates achieved greater feat than you, but you won't create a thread about your own life.You better focus on ur life and leave women alone..

Madness everywhere..
u ppl scam men with it
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
franchasng:
Lefu, in as much as I agree that good dieting and exercise are essential for looking good and keeping fit, I disagree that only that makes one look younger.

Most times, looking younger even at old age or as you age has to do with your family gene and body structure, and then eating well and exercise will help.

Some people eat well, exercise, do everything yet they look old and unfit....while some don't do any yet they look young, fresh and fit,

I fall into that category of forever young even when I don't exercise always aside cycling once in a while.....and the only good eating habit I think I practice is taking fruits regularly and its not because I want to look young, its because its a childhood craven for fruit...

So let's blame ladies who look older than their age or those that appear to age quick, doesn't always mean that they are not eating well or taking care of their body or exercising, most times, its genetic.....people inherit those things from their family.....just as longevity runs in family gene.
but some bad habits we engage in also tend to age us quickly..like smoking,drinking doing drugs etc.for ladies who age quickly i will say its because many of them dont maintain their weight.when a lady is too big for her age she looks older cheesy.have u seen a recent video and pix of jlo? jlo is in her 50s but she looks like she is in her early thirties.why is that? i know u will say its surgery just like many other guys would but when u exercise and u dont eat anyhow u look good as u get older.thats just the secret.and as for someone looking haggardly aged as he or she gets older abeg its not in anyone"s gene.the bad habits u engage in in ur youth tend to show in ur body when u get older cheesy or sometimes when have a terminal illness like diabetes or cancer it ages u prematurely.like i said before and i will say again i have seen some 35 yr old ladies looking much younger and fresher than some 24 yr old ladies.why do u think such happens? the secret for many ladies who are older is try take good care of yourself when u getting older and men will come cheesy.men wont come when u have a big stomach with all those folds around it like that michelin model or u have fat fluffy arms as in sister amaka arms cheesy.see jlo in her 50s men still dey beg her for a date cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
IAMBlesssed:
The way you guys carry women matter for una head eee...
Is it your age??
Is being single a disease/curse?
Is not everyone's prayer to live long and grow old?
So what's ur problem with her age and relationship that you have to rush to NL to create a thread to mock the Lady..

You guys be acting as if ur lives are perfect. Haven't you seen your mates achieved greater feat than you, but you won't create a thread about your own life.You better focus on ur life and leave women alone..

Madness everywhere..

Exactly!! They dont mention their mates that have accomplished so much more than them, its to be bashing the opposite sex as if that is an achievement.

Op...all you wrote there is absolutely your opinion. Doesn't apply to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
lastchild:
am here to announce it to the women who still use the phrase "age is just a number" it doesn't work, men needs young girls, when you are young just get hook up
Then u should have made your point without mocking that lady, coz that's how u sounded.
And who told u that it's because she wants u to marry her that's why she made that statement?
U should know that most times as people get older, they become more matured. She might have witnessed something or had an experience that made her view things in a different perspective.

4 Likes

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by Dande55: 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
franchasng:

So, you are an evening news paper according to op? grin
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by 2rez: 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
lastchild:
na lie I lie?

Nah buh na true u lie grin. However, the indelible fact remains that age is just a number. Say no more man.

1 Like

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
U are a wicked soul for wanting to waste another five years of her life, people just do things without thinking it through, that's why I'm not quick to pity someone who's having a hard time coz most times they are paying for their wicked deeds.
Don't just look for pity or come to cry on nairaland all over again when karma comes knocking on your door.
lastchild:
we are all human, any guy that's in my shoes will be happy that the bitch is single and getting old, you won't understand anyway, yesterday I lied to her that I had nobody to be my Val and she increased the volume of her attention to me, the funny thing is that I had money when she rejected me in 2012 than now, in fact I would make a better husband then than now, I would've been a good lover to her more than now wey my head no dey house again,

Na now she know say age na number, I will just play along, if I can be able to waste another 5 years from her age then I will bless the name of the lord

I keep wondering what makes this fat old woman thinks that am getting serious with her, some people are delusional, well make I taste the thing she denied me 8 years ago first first because na e be the reason am still talking with her

E dey pain me shaa, something wey I for eat when it was young, slim and fresh na e I wan come chop when it's old, fat, ugly with stretch marks

Button line is, girls should know that things have changed, this is 2020, girls plenty everywhere these days, if you can go along with a guy just do, if you can't it's fine also, not when you are out of market you will come up with the useless age is number of a thing

6 Likes

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
U are right about genes being a factor n she's right too, coz eating right n lots of exercises can make one look really young n very very healthy.
franchasng:

Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
lastchild:
lol
. But you are right. Age is not just a number.
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by lastchild: 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2020
2rez:

Nah buh na true u lie grin. However, the indelible fact remains that age is just a number. Say no more man.
oya go marry your mother mate since it's just a number
Re: Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself by angelfallz(m): 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

You're missing the point. It is not just about looks. The older a woman gets the harder it gets for her to give birth and the older a woman is, increases her risk for pregnancy complications.
https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/best-age-to-get-pregnant
Men naturally go for younger women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Images You'll Have To Look Twice To Realize What They Are (photos) / Case closed / What Tribe Did Ur Parent Warned You Not To Marry From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.