Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,057 members, 7,814,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis (33343 Views)

2019 Imo Governorship: Moment Emeka Ihedioha & Tony Nwulu Campaigns Met / INEC Names Stanley Amuchie As APGA Imo Governorship Candidate / APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by maimalari: 7:00am On Feb 16, 2020
Truth remains that Inec announced falsified figures. The original result sheets are still with inec. In there, Uche Nwosu scored over 455,000 votes against Ihedioha who scored a paltry 55,000 votes.Whereas uzodinma and araraume scored 12000 and 38000 votes respectively. Total votes of that day was about 600k+. My mother-inlaw was an inec snr official in that election so am very sure of what am talking about. Justice can be done and seen to be done if only inec can swallow its pride by announcing the original real results not the hogwash being bandied upandan.

1 Like

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Biafrareform(m): 8:28am On Feb 16, 2020
kahal29:
Once the Supreme Court has entered judgment in a case, that decision is final and will remain so for ever. The law may in future be amended to affect future issues on the same subject, but for the case decided, that is the end of the matter.

I doubt if you read the article .

Go back and see what Oputa said in that article
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 8:41am On Feb 16, 2020
maimalari:
Truth remains that Inec announced falsified figures. The original result sheets are still with inec. In there, Uche Nwosu scored over 455,000 votes against Ihedioha who scored a paltry 55,000 votes.Whereas uzodinma and araraume scored 12000 and 38000 votes respectively. Total votes of that day was about 600k+. My mother-inlaw was an inec snr official in that election so am very sure of what am talking about. Justice can be done and seen to be done if only inec can swallow its pride by announcing the original real results not the hogwash being bandied upandan.
I agree with this
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 8:41am On Feb 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Bros go and read the OP o. You're arguing blindly. The supreme court held that saying the result is fake is tantamount to accusing Hope of forgery and INEC/PDP had to prove it by showing the original. Like I said, go and read the full judgement and be better informed before raising issues.
The supreme court were right.just let it go
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Alkason: 10:17am On Feb 16, 2020
Neoteny:
Are we still talking about this?

Hasn't a new scandal been created by Mary Odili for sacking a duly elected Governor on account of the sin of another, using the wackiest argument?

Deputy Governors can and have been deposed by States Houses of Assembly for various reasons, and the governors remain unaffected.

You are being emotional and not saying the truth. This is election and the two were on same ticket. They were voted for together. And the law made it so. It is called "common interest" in law
If the roles are thus separated, one wonders why in this case they're suddenly conflated as one.

Maybe when next a governor dies, his deputy too should immediately be put to death.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by durangokid: 11:36am On Feb 16, 2020
Neoteny:

James Faleke

I can't even remember the details of that case

All i recall is that Yahaya Bello was the nuclear fallout of that disaster
. The case of Bello was a judicial blunder, that is why we are saying here, judges should be careful in giving frivolous judgement because is will come back to hunt them, when they gave The judgement on Bello because of Buhari and el-rufai influence Nigerians shouted then, today the chicken have come home to rook
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by durangokid: 11:45am On Feb 16, 2020
backbone503:

And did counsel to Ihedioha, INEC or PDP raise objections to those exhibits (result sheets for the 388 poling units)? As they didn't, doesn't that tell you that the results so tendered are genuine?
Guy first of all, it is not 388 polling units, what was tenderd 266 , yet supreme Court gave ruling with 388 units, where will you people start to defend that defend that judicial blunder, though I know most of you knows the truth, but the supreme Court will revert the judgement they knows the implications if not the same blunder of Feleke will hunt them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

The supreme court were right.just let it go
Do you see me holding anything?
I just wanted to cure your ignorance.
Seems I've succeeded.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 11:58am On Feb 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Do you see me holding anything?
I just wanted to cure your ignorance.
Seems I've succeeded.
You cured your own ignorance.the court were right and you wrong
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:59am On Feb 16, 2020
maimalari:
Funny enough, if what you wrote is correct though I know it's not, ihedioha still remains the rightful governor since uche nwosu has been disqualified.
Dansuqi:

I agree with this
If you agree with it then you should also ask supreme court to return ihedioha.

1 Like

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
durangokid:
. The case of Bello was a judicial blunder, that is why we are saying here, judges should be careful in giving frivolous judgement because is will come back to hunt them, when they gave The judgement on Bello because of Buhari and el-rufai influence Nigerians shouted then, today the chicken have come home to rook
It was not a blunder.there was a big loophole,the law was silent about the case of a candidate dying before being declared winner.it favoured bello more.the best possible scenario was crowning bello at that time.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Funny enough, if what you wrote is correct though I know it's not, ihedioha still remains the rightful governor since uche nwosu has been disqualified.

If you agree with it then you should also ask supreme court to return ihedioha.
I withdraw my concurrence
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

You cured your own ignorance.the court were right and you wrong
The court is always right. But it does not mean they can do no wrong. I'm not a judge. I'm an ordinary citizen who is interested in the facts of the case and that the right thing be done. I suspect you should too.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

I withdraw my concurrence
Lol. You're a joke.
Your double face no be here at all cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 12:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The court is always right. But it does not mean they can do no wrong. I'm not a judge. I'm an ordinary citizen who is interested in the facts of the case and that the right thing be done. I suspect you should too.
To a layman,they made mistakes but legally they were right
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 12:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Lol. You're a joke.
Your double face no be here at all cheesy grin
Realpolitiks
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by durangokid: 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

It was not a blunder.there was a big loophole,the law was silent about the case of a candidate dying before being declared winner.it favoured bello more.the best possible scenario was crowning bello at that time.
. Guy you are wrong, the electoral act was clear on it, the law recognizes both candidates as one, they used politics to moved Feleke out with the help of some compromised judges to give that hunted ruling, that judgement on Feleke was the bigininnig of this problem we are having today especially immediately some of the judges who refused to work for APC to compromise in their judgment were arrested by DSS in the middle of the night
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by emmykk(m): 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2020
ybalogs:
Did they goof in Bayelsa's judgement?

They goofed in IMO big time.
For BY they should have just remove the deputy gov.

1 Like

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by One4me: 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
Exosphere:
Someone should summarise pls

- Jibrin will be visiting Nigeria in the next few weeks.
- Tontoh Dike exposed, Alhaji on the run!
- Finally, America has killed China, Nigeria to the rescue.

These are just the important points, IN SUMMARY. undecided undecided

You can now comment. grin
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by idahme(m): 1:39am On Feb 18, 2020
Neoteny:

They were removed after the elections, which they won, but before inauguration

By all rights they were elected

You're the dumb one here

Have u read the judgement at all? It says they were not candidates in the election, Supreme Court only affirmed what the high court ruled before elections took place. Go get itself abreast with the ruling and get ur facts
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by JusticeSeeker: 8:36am On Feb 18, 2020
Where are the votes for the 388 polling units under diapute? If you deny that what Hope presented was forges, bring out the original. This was what the learned justices relied on to show the vindictive Ihedioha the way out. [quote author=Racoon post=86669447][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Opposes APC Membership Revalidation / Tinubu: Pastor Adeboye Named Me Abraham, Father Of Nations / Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.