Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis (33348 Views)

2019 Imo Governorship: Moment Emeka Ihedioha & Tony Nwulu Campaigns Met / INEC Names Stanley Amuchie As APGA Imo Governorship Candidate / APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by fergie001: 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

But they did not goof in bayelsa? I thought you revere and respect the supreme court
Don't you revere them, yet you want them to reverse Bayelsa.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

Don't you revere them, yet you want them to reverse Bayelsa.
Bayelsa is too important to go like that.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by slivertongue: 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
this judgment was a premeditated judicial coup d’état and rape against democracy and the rule of law and particularly against the people of Imo State whose mandate has been transferred to a candidate that came fourth in the election.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by slivertongue: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
ChoCho54:
A shameless one!
I was shivering as I read the OP.
well done op. we need to be informed before jumping on the train of partisanship

1 Like

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by fergie001: 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Bayelsa is too important to go like that.
I know.
Did you forge your certificate from UNICAL?
NO....so why will you want them to forgive APC....they messed up, that's the truth.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Joshalo(m): 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Very interesting.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by nzeobi(m): 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Kingosytex:
The Supreme Court goofed on the Imo Judgement, the presiding judges should have ordered a re-run.

After which APC will use their federal might to rig their way to the seat.
If they order a rerun pdp will still win because voters turn out at best will be 40% most of the places in contention are pdp and APGA strong holds.
With the second contestant disqualified, pdp will still win.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

I know.
Did you forge your certificate from UNICAL?
NO....so why will you want them to forgive APC....they messed up, that's the truth.
I know they messed up.its a pity.i wonder how lyon is taking it.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by fergie001: 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

I know they messed up.its a pity.i wonder how lyon is taking it.
With all the cash spent....I pity him sha....Just read the full judgement now...the degi guy is a crook.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dansuqi: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

With all the cash spent....I pity him sha....Just read the full judgement now...the degi guy is a crook.
Where can i find it?
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by fergie001: 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Where can i find it?
I want to post it here but will convert first....NL don't allow PDF nah....
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Wantedmiller: 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

The two cases are quite different. In fact the Imo case is quite different from all the other cases. Imo is the only case where Supreme Court actually aided and abetted fraud and rigging.

And I think it is quite intentional going by how the SC bent itself out of shape to carefully avoid mentioning numbers in their judgment, in a case that is all about numbers!
Also notice they said nothing about meeting “the required constitutional geographical spread of votes”! Because they know the numbers make no sense - the man gave himself 2 times the registered number of voters in some places!
Then when INEC gave him certificate the next day, they carefully made sure NOT to release final tally of votes (because they know they’d be laughed at!)

How hard is it to obtain INEC documents, write any results u wish, keep the carbon copies, and destroy the rest??
Or is it that it is so hard to obtain INEC documents??
The ONLY way to checkmate that is to accept INEC’s word, UNDER OATH, that they never issued those documents!

I am not at all into politics at all, but here is what someone into Imo politics wrote:

Imo people did not vote for Hope. Hope didn't even campaign in Imo because of the APC crises between him and Rochas who was fronting his in-law, Uche Nwosu.

On the day of the election, Hope and some APC loyalists were lodged in a Hotel in Owerri writing results after INEC announced results. They brought the results and were compelling returning officer to announce but he refused that it was fake that even party reps have raised the alarm.

So just because someone into imo politics wrote that......and you believed it.

Sentiment will not kill us......

Hope did not campaign.......says who....

Imo people did not vote for him......how come he got those votes.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
backbone503:
And whats your take on the fact that the Apex court has imposed on the good people of Bayelsa state, a person they've found not worthy of being their governor?

Bayelsa was a rather straightforward case. APC shot themselves in the foot, by presenting a fraudulent deputy governor. They have no candidate, no controversy at all
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
Kingosytex:
The Supreme Court goofed on the Imo Judgement, the presiding judges should have ordered a re-run.

After which APC will use their federal might to rig their way to the seat.
Given the difference between the PDP vs APC, a rerun would have been useless! Because even with assumed 100% voter turn out and 98% votes accrued to APC. The numbers didn't add up!
This was the only way to do it!
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by ChoCho54(f): 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

How so? Different names amount for forgery
Wait until a foreign embassy denies you visa, then you would know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Wantedmiller: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
nzeobi:

If they order a rerun pdp will still win because voters turn out at best will be 40% most of the places in contention are pdp and APGA strong holds.
With the second contestant disqualified, pdp will still win.

Bed room valentine calculation........

just rest and continue again sir
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by CanadaOrBust: 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Imo goes back to pdp and bayelsa apc.quid pro quo

Nah. Disqualification is common in politics. In Imo nobody was disqualified instead clearly fraudulent documents and numbers were accepted!
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Radicalman(m): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2020
Well said but who has ear? grin
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by guiddoti: 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2020
lastempero:
Supreme court is raping Nigerians in conjunction with bubu and his gang.
Raping that took place in Imo or Bayelsa? Conjunction with bubu or political parties?
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by CanadaOrBust: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
Wantedmiller:

So just because someone into imo politics wrote that......and you believed it.

Sentiment will not kill us......

Hope did not campaign.......says who....

Imo people did not vote for him......how come he got those votes.

It is not sentiments. Subsequent events bore him out: PDP just recently won a rerun in the same Hope “stronghold” where he got 99.9% of votes with over 100% voter turnouts!!
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by broadman20: 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Continue wasting your time.commonsense demands that with bayelsa lost from apc,you wony get IMO again

This is the problem with most of you supporters of PDP and APC. Nigerian future does not matter at all to you people, what matters to folks like you is winning and losing.
Don't worry we all are going to bear the brunt of the distruction of Nigeria.
May God never allow you to be neutral.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by backbone503(m): 5:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
I am not at all into politics at all, but here is what someone into Imo politics wrote:

Imo people did not vote for Hope. Hope didn't even campaign in Imo because of the APC crises between him and Rochas who was fronting his in-law, Uche Nwosu.

On the day of the election, Hope and some APC loyalists were lodged in a Hotel in Owerri writing results after INEC announced results. They brought the results and were compelling returning officer to announce but he refused that it was fake that even party reps have raised the alarm.
[/quote]

He presented this so-called forged results in court and INEC, Ihedioha nor PDP never found it necessary to challenge those results? See, the Apex court simply reinstated Hope's valid votes that were illegally cancelled by INEC.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by codedguy1(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

How did they goof in imo

How can the SC rely on evidence brought by a party and use it to remove a gov.

INEC ought to have been compelled to bring their own copy to see if it tallied with what uzodinma brought.

A rerun should have been the case in o and not awarding it to uzodinma with excess votes.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by ejanla077: 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
Neoteny:
Are we still talking about this?

Hasn't a new scandal been created by Mary Odili for sacking a duly elected Governor on account of the sin of another, using the wackiest argument?

Deputy Governors can and have been deposed by States Houses of Assembly for various reasons, and the governors remain unaffected.

If the roles are thus separated, one wonders why in this case they're suddenly conflated as one.

Maybe when next a governor dies, his deputy too should immediately be put to death.

Stop making a fool of ur self.

Get informed

1 Like

Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Wantedmiller: 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

It is not sentiments. Subsequent events bore him out: PDP just recently won a rerun in the same Hope “stronghold” where he got 99.9% of votes with over 100% voter turnouts!!

So just because PDP won in his stronghold, are you indirectly saying APC should have won everything.

as far as it is all about Nigeria.........Election na Jege. Play your card and win.

Nothing like people's mandate........Sooner or later people will get use to the candidate.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Dyke15(m): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Continue wasting your time.commonsense demands that with bayelsa lost from apc,you wony get IMO again
The law is not meant to be sentimental and that is why that sculpture with the weighing balance is blind folded
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Bimpe29: 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
The Supreme Court has grossly lost its integrity, independence as well as objectivity.

It's so unfortunate that the Lordships are no longer fair, firm and just in the dispensation of justice.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Neoteny(m): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
ejanla077:

Stop making a fool of ur self.

Get informed

Fukk you

It's your father who's the fool

Donkey
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Tempofabu: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
one may just think the sc judges or any others are not human. but the politics in the various decisions is do me I do you. the Bayelsa could have called for fresh election. but the learned judges who were embarrassed by the quota cjn decisions also get back at him and his party by the act of throwing our the APcheat in bayesla state. all Na 1-1draw
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by nzeobi(m): 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
Wantedmiller:

Bed room valentine calculation........

just rest and continue again sir
Do your own calculations and tell me since you know imo politics better than I do.
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by dann190: 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
Neoteny:
Are we still talking about this?

Hasn't a new scandal been created by Mary Odili for sacking a duly elected Governor on account of the sin of another, using the wackiest argument?

Deputy Governors can and have been deposed by States Houses of Assembly for various reasons, and the governors remain unaffected.

If the roles are thus separated, one wonders why in this case they're suddenly conflated as one.

Maybe when next a governor dies, his deputy too should immediately be put to death.
some of u are just so daft,how can u compare pre-election issues and after taking office?,the candidates for each party are intertwined until after d election,as long as it was pre election,u cannot separate one from the other,i wonder if some of u read at all...smh
Re: How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis by Xandelle: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
kahal29:
Once the Supreme Court has entered judgment in a case, that decision is final and will remain so for ever. The law may in future be amended to affect future issues on the same subject, but for the case decided, that is the end of the matter.

Boldly saying what you're not sure of as if it's fact. Tufiakwa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Endorses Sanwo-Olu For Second Term / Two Men Exchange Heavy Blows While Arguing Over President Buhari (video) / Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.