Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon (78440 Views)

Man Escaping Arrest Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon, Drowns / Boyfriend Of Married Woman Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, Lands In Hospital.Video / Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by shugabasbn: 7:59am On Feb 16, 2020
Only God knw the numbers of live that have perished inside that Lagoon. A responsible govt would have make an iron bar or cage round the length of the bridge.

No matter how, suicide is not a solution.
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Sam0(m): 8:04am On Feb 16, 2020
Blu03:
Another suicide?
The cow up there from daura would enjoy this.
Let any apc supporter enter this thread...

why haven't you committed suicide too? Are you nt under the same president with d person?

2 Likes

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by asaajuomo1(m): 8:05am On Feb 16, 2020
Kendumazy:
Hmmm. Things are hard for some people, that big man wey you see with big car might be passing through some challenges. But, suicide is never the option. May God continue to strengthen those passing through one or two challenges. My sincere sympathy to Okada riders that their Okada have been seized. May things turn around for them in a miraculous way and may suicide never be their portion.

Amin.
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Olawrites: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2020
I'm doing same this week on that third mainland bridge

I'm so tired of living. .life sucks
angry
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Eteka1(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2020
Reference:

Oga. Whether you like it or not. Every death is a goverment statistic and ultimately a goverment responsibility. When the statistic becomes visible it will certainly become a political issue because folks will be seeking explanations, answers and solutions from the leadership they elect.

If I run my car into a ditch and kill myself you may say it is not goverment"s business, it is my fault, but when hospitals are getting filled with corpses and cases it will certainly become a political issue because the role of the goverment through the FRSC will come under scrutiny.

Once again donot be beclouded by sentiment. The number of suicides on that bridge alone in the past few years is visible and a cause for concern and the goverment should wake up and take note. It is a political matter. They either solve it, slow it or make way for those who care and can.

That should be your minimum duty as a citizen of this country who cares about his fellow man above his personal interest. To hold those in office accountable for the welfare of all men and women of this country.

When a gun man runs riot in the USA and shoots people it instantly becomes a political football. The argument doesn't start and ends with the mental state of the shooter. People question gun laws and regulation, question police profiling, question the second amendment. Here we hold no one accountable except blame the victims.
We have all read stories of people drinking sniper because of being jilted by a boyfriend or a girlfriend, and many other personal reasons like hearing voices in their head telling them to kill themselves. Tell me how the government is responsible for that.

1 Like

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Digmygold: 8:22am On Feb 16, 2020
I hope its Ubunja.
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Luxurydriverng: 8:29am On Feb 16, 2020
This is heart breaking, life can be hard sometimes but you have to face life and take the punches it throws at you. RIP to the dead
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Brightest04(m): 8:41am On Feb 16, 2020
The guy is an IPOB followed by his village people
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Reference(m): 8:56am On Feb 16, 2020
Eteka1:
We have all read stories of people drinking sniper because of being jilted by a boyfriend or a girlfriend, and many other personal reasons like hearing voices in their head telling them to kill themselves. Tell me how the government is responsible for that.

That is the social or civic responsibility of goverment. You have child welfare there for those who abuse children. Every suicide has a reason and society led by goverment does not fold its arms and watches people kill themselves and others.

Goverment can as well say it is not its business who contacts the HIV, it did not send anyone to u guarded sex. But that is classic third world thinking.

You seem to have a mental disconnect as to what goverment is all about and I can understand it comes from generations of feudal rule followed by colonial rule that has made goverment appear as a heavenly establishmemnt and its members some divine untouchable beings to be worshipped and adored.

Oga. Goverment is simply a set of people we chose to represent us to handle our collective needs and project our collective ideals under a law we collectively make. If you feel goverment shouldn't care it simply means you donot care.

That defines the kind of society a people chooses to live in. Little wonder Nigeria is like this. Personaly I just cannot understand why Nigerians have a very low expectation of themselves. We live very brutish, uncultured, uncaring lives. Numbed by nothing. Its inhuman please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Goldencheese(m): 9:00am On Feb 16, 2020
Village people finally succeeded. Pity!
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Slimdada(m): 9:01am On Feb 16, 2020
stainlink:
The jumping no be him be the issue now. angry
Who wan pay the uber guy him money?

This man's belongings is still in his car, him fit see the man's purse or wallet with money inside, the question is what happens to the passenger's belongings
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by BigBashiru: 9:04am On Feb 16, 2020
Reference:

That is the social or civic responsibility of goverment. You have child welfare there for those who abuse children. Every suicide has a reason and society led by goverment does not fold its arms and watches people kill themselves and others.

Goverment can as well say it is not its business who contacts the HIV, it did not send anyone to u guarded sex. But that is classic third world thinking.

You seem to have a mental disconnect as to what goverment is all about and I can understand it comes from generations of feudal rule followed by colonial rule that has made goverment appear as a heavenly establishmemnt and its members some divine untouchable beings to be worshipped and adored.

Oga. Goverment is simply a set of people we chose to represent us to handle our collective needs and project our collective ideals under a law we collectively make. If you feel goverment shouldn't care it simply means you donot care.

That defines the kind of society a people chooses to live in. Little wonder Nigeria is like this. Personaly I just cannot understand why Nigerians have a very low expectation of themselves. We live very brutish, uncultured, uncaring lives. Numbed by nothing. Its inhuman please.

Africans are the cursed descendants of Ham/ Canaan that were cursed in Genesis 9/10 to be perpetual servants of the Europeans and Asians.....
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by feedthenation(m): 9:07am On Feb 16, 2020
wirinet:

False belief. Eternal hell fire is a concept introduced by the Greeks in the form of hades. The Romans changed hades to Pluto. And the Christian writers decided to incorporate the concept into their new religion.

Judaism has no concept. Moses never mention hell or hell fire in the Pentateuch.

Where did the old testament word of Sheol came from?
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Longman180(m): 9:33am On Feb 16, 2020
Blu03:
Another suicide? The cow up there from daura would enjoy this. Let any apc supporter enter this thread...
modified:
Stop quoting me you mindless zombies. I nor go reply.

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by luluosas(m): 9:44am On Feb 16, 2020
Suit yourself. Hell fire is real, and it is the eternal abode of all sinners. Let this sink into your skull. Take note
wirinet:

False belief. Eternal hell fire is a concept introduced by the Greeks in the form of hades. The Romans changed hades to Pluto. And the Christian writers decided to incorporate the concept into their new religion.

Judaism has no concept. Moses never mention hell or hell fire in the Pentateuch.
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Xclusiveme: 9:51am On Feb 16, 2020
Depression is so bad. Why take your life? If the burden, sorrow or heartbreak you're facing is too much, it doesn't warrant you to take your life. Just live your life and be faithful to God. Everything in life mustn't be pleasing. Things happen for a reason. If your friends are rich and you are not SO WHAT? You didn't come to this world with him. If you're financially broke and people mock you for it, SO WHAT? We need to stop putting our mind to the things happening around us. We should put our mind and faith in God. He knows what's happening to me and if i die natural death because of it, he knows why too. We don't know what happens after death. Death is just like an adventure we are afraid to experience. Perfect your life with christ even with all the difficulties and you'll enjoy what comes next

1 Like

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Eteka1(m): 10:09am On Feb 16, 2020
Reference:

I cannot agree with you that government can do anything about the way people handle their breakups. You shouldn't be putting relationship issues in the same category with HIV please.
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Bahddo(m): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2020
Hope he didn't put the poor uber guy in trouble
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Halam09(m): 11:02am On Feb 16, 2020
Suicide is not the answer.
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Deltatoto: 11:16am On Feb 16, 2020
Pedro97:

sniper is even more terrible than drowning.

sniper is painful, that's why the victims scatter their rooms.

sniper kills you organ by organ,at a point whilst dying, you'll be begging for someone to come in and rescue you...

so my dear..Sniper isn't fun

thank you
so what’s d best way cos life don tire me.
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by aare07(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2020
She deserted
ednut1:
Maybe his babe went awol yesterday
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by aare07(m): 11:38am On Feb 16, 2020
Please and please. Don’t go that way. Everything will be fine.
Deltatoto:
so what’s d best way cos life don tire me.
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 16, 2020
Reference:

Really sad. Are there no NGO's that can take up the challenge and keep watch on that bridge day and night ?
not in my country...where love for neighbour is rare to find
Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by ruzell86: 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2020
Eteka1:
You are still speculating.

In the absence of irrefutable evidence that this man committed suicide due to a government policy rather than for personal and or emotional reasons, It is improper for one to come to a conclusion on one side or the other.
It isn't about coming to conclusion, or don't you get it?
Reference is simply implying that Government policies (good or bad) can trigger certain chain-reactions in the citizens lives, or mode of living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by Olamax1: 12:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
Please don't. Keep fighting. You will win, whatever you are going through is only a phase.
Olawrites:
I'm doing same this week on that third mainland bridge

I'm so tired of living. .life sucks
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by information1: 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2020
mascot87:
I am sure SOKOLOAN have been threatening him & he has to find an easy way out because those guys can make you commit suicide. May his soul rest in peace.

Please remember to stay away from SOKOLOAN

what happened bro? let others learn from you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by MUHAMMEDJiB(m): 12:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
budaatum:
Why? Did cow push this person to suicide?
Help me and ask the idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Passenger Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon by mascot87(m): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
information1:

what happened bro? let others learn from you

The app as permission to view your contact. Once you don't pay on due date, they will send message to all your contacts that your are a fraudster and that your defrauded them and that they will arrest you. Even if the loan is 5k. Interest rate is close to 40% and you are to payback between 5days to a maximum of 15 days. Just imagine you get a loan of 10k to pay back 14k within 5 days. They will use call to disturb your life from 2 days to due date and threaten you and your family. Stay away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

U.K. Police Officer Arrested Lady, Raped Her, Burnt & Dumped Her Body In Pond / Good Friday Goes Wrong As "Jesus" Tries Fleeing Due To Excessive Flogging / Soldiers Punish Men For Driving Too Close To Their Vehicle On Lagos-Ibadan Expre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.