Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa (33777 Views)

INEC Replies Oshiomhole: We Obeyed Supreme Court On Bayelsa Like We Did On Imo / We Will Comply With Supreme Court Judgement On Bayelsa — INEC / INEC's Press Release On Bayelsa And Kogi Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
[quote author=AreaFada2 post=86682116]

On evidence, they reasoned that someone vying for such a high office should be more consistent and trustworthy. Instead of trying to use various affidavits and unknown/unregistered notary public to justify names on certificates he's about to use at various times. Such discrepancies do not go well with the spirit of the law. He could easily have used a Deed Poll to change his names. That's more authentic as he can then use it to inform civil registry.

Fact is our system is not organised enough. Over 75% of people over 50 are probably guilty of incessant change of name, age declaration and such. If you examined older civil servants carefully, hardly anyone will go Scot free. Too much age reduction to stay longer in office.

[b]Had PDP/Diri just argued that the certificates were not his, they might have lost. But the discrepancies were overwhelming.[/[/b]quote]

I agree.they learn from atiku's mistake.instead of them to argue that buhari forged certificates,they said he had none
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by mushystuff: 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Actually this further proves the judgment was very political

There's no evidence the certificates were
forged

No one came forward that the other names belonged to them

Forgery is a serious criminal case that needs to be proved beyond reasonable doubt.

The evidence of forgery is clear and right before your eyes! Using/having different names on different certificates automatically questions their authenticity when put together and all are claimed by one person. It doesn't mean there must be someone else that must come forward to claim that his identity was stolen.

2 Likes

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

You cannot compare imo to bayelsa.it see you don't know how bayelsa is even in terms of votes.apc will rather lose the entire nc than lose bayelsa

It's not that....do you think the SC will go back on their Imo judgement?
You know that won't happen....

They will find a leeway and heap the fault on Ihedioha's lawyers.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

Stop overhyping Uncle Wole....

Will the CJN disqualify PMB?
Even if you lead that case, you will still win it.

Did Wole not represent Faleke...abegi
This is wole's strongest points,he's very good when he's part of the defense but poor when he is repping the appellants.you need to study his antecedents

1 Like

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
[quote author=Dansuqi post=86683221][/quote]
Your best and most truthful comment on NL.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
ddippset:
There is no hope for Nigeria.

The youths are the leaders of tomorrow, No the youths are worse than the leaders of today.

Just see the comments;

*The Supreme Court judges are intelligent.
*Sound judement from the Supreme Court.
*Mary Odilli was just one person, other judges also have their judgements.
*Sound Judgement from the learned justices.

But 2 weeks ago after Imo judgement it was;

*The Supreme Court has been compromised by Buhari.
*Tanko was the one who gave Imo judgement.(despite a unanimous judgement from all the judges)
*See what APC has turned Supreme Court into.
*Tanko has destroyed the Supreme Court.

grin grin grin

The politicians will continue to see the youths as clowns.
Americans and Europeans worry about a good economy versus a bad economy.

We worry about APC versus PDP.

Exactly my thought
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

Great....I gave him the first LIKE
That is what I've been saying.the case could have gone either way.perhaps with better lawyers,arguments and facts with a different panel,we might have had another outcome.but based on what apc lawyers presented,ill go with the judges

1 Like

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by mushystuff: 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
engineerboat:

Inec had said they stick to their original Election results

They only obeyed SC because it's an order.

The original election results after voiding the fraudulent APC votes!
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

This is wole's strongest points,he's very good when he's part of the defense but poor when he is repping the appellants.you need to study his antecedents
I know Uncle Wole too too well...from his time as NBA oga.

And the guy that gave me this docs used to work in his chambers but the fact is that you and I know that PMB cert case will sail through even if you...I repeat you... lead that case.

Wole was used because of his clout and name. He is simply one of the best around.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by codedguy1(m): 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2020
greggng:

Can you even take a look at what you wrote ..no point made....how did they erred according to you? Analyse it and link it to the point of law.....I wanna hear statement that could proffer the alternative to supreme court judgement with facts. What you expect the sc to do is not what they law want them to do. You are a bad teacher without any verifiable means of arriving at your point ....cos you only spoke gramma nothing was buttressed

If you can't see how and where they erred then I can't really help you.

Allocating votes submitted by the plaintiff without verification from INEC and when added to total votes surpasses the total number of accredited votes on that day. The SC used those figures to remove a gov.

If you don't know why even the international community is blacklisting all the SC judges because of that judgement then like I said I can't help you.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by ChristianNorth: 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2020
Caseless:
Ustaz Yunus is a good lawyer too.
Very good lawyer and one of the finest but not a match to Wole.

You can win Wole in a trial court but you must be a beast to win him at SC.

In fact, we have a Support Analyst whose work is to collect and analyze wole's and Ikpeazu arguments.

2 Likes

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

That is what I've been saying.the case could have gone either way.perhaps with better lawyers,arguments and facts with a different panel,we might have had another outcome.but based on what apc lawyers presented,ill go with the judges
I would have expected that you guys must have tied Degi to a stake right now.

The evidence against him was too solid. How will you start defending such madness!?
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
cckalima:
my [b]brother even the institution that issued the certificates where not invited to make inputs as to the originality of the certificate. [/b]again before you enrole for any program or exams forms are filled, why didnt the defense team reach for those forms to see if the names on the form submited and receipts issued at point of purchase abinitio were the same. that would have largely proved in each instances that its the same person and that he was just a victim of his recklessness and ignorance
I stated this severslly
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Alanpoza007: 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
isthatso:

My friend please talk like an educated person and stop showing that you are just another Degi.

The requirement in the constitution is a "minimum". Tender you degree without WASC and see if anybody will disqualify you. No court in the land will demand your WASC because thankfully our courts are filled with people who actually understand English.

I suggest you go for remedial classes in English!!!

Your problem and that of Degi is English....see where it got him!!!

The law says minimum, is degree not above the minimum? where does it say in the constitution or electoral law you must submit all your academic qualifications? You submit that which is needed to satisfy the requirement...thats all and if a degree satify, then thats all you are required to submitl!!!

No doubt you will argue, like I said your problem like our brother Degi is english...dont expect a response from me.
You're a kid I don't need to banter words with. You're shouting minimum. Does a degree from a Nigerian University exist in isolation. JAMB publishes brochures yearly that explicitly state admission requirements for each University because they know blockheads like you and the types who ill-advised Degi will try to explain away commonsense. I don't blame you though. I brought myself to your lowly level to exchange words with an idiot like you.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by mushystuff: 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ilekokonit:
If you look at the judgement, it states that the election was held on November 16 2020. Does this mean that they don't have proof readers in the Supreme Court ? And does this amateurish error mean APC have grounds to challenge the judgement ?

Lawyers in the house, what sayeth thee ?

It's only a clerical error that doesn't affect the substance of the judgement. Besides November 2020 has not happened so if APC decides to raise issues of that date beyond the correction of a mere typo, they'll have to explain why they were in court for elections that haven't even taken place!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

It's not that....do you think the SC will go back on their Imo judgement?
You know that won't happen....

They will find a leeway and heap the fault on Ihedioha's lawyers.

They may based on public pressure and again this bayelsa issue.the last time they reviewed their judgment was 1999.maybe its about time
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

I stated this severslly
Wrong....Ignorance is no excuse in the court of law....You and I know that.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by mushystuff: 9:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
greggng:

You don't know anything about how court operate. They are not father Xmas that will give you what u didn't ask for. The two cases are different . In imo apc result from a certain unit was excluded fraudulently ...pdp claimed the said result from those units where forged. The apex court now ask them to present evidence to prove that a result of a unit signed by Inec officials deployed to those units where fraud...but they had no answer to that question . The supreme court asked apc candidate to present the result of those units and they gladly presented it and Inec didn't deny it...The question a man with conscience should ask is ....why was those result excluded and for what reason? If you cannot answer this question then keep quiet and Bury your face in shame for aiding and abating fraud. The question about supreme court not counting the result to ascertain what each party got is irrelevant cos pdp never believed in the existence of that result...They can't benefit from their misfortune...Elementary school law student knows about it.

So how do you reconcile the fact that there are now more votes than accredited voters?
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

I would have expected that you guys must have tied Degi to a stake right now.

The evidence against him was too solid. How will you start defending such madness!?
That is where ikpeazu comes in.mind you,there are so many loopholes and ambiguities in our laws that were not even aware of
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

They may based on public pressure and again this bayelsa issue.the last time they reviewed their judgment was 1999.maybe its about time
Imo....at worse a run-off..which I doubt.

I have the judgement but haven't read it.

But this one.....if you go further....you will expose Degi more, tbh.

How would you feel yourself, going to school....changing your names (for whatever reason), and yet you can't defend it?
Let's be frank, the man don't have those papers....Oshiomhole knew but he felt "Insurance" cover them for Supreme Court and he didn't want to offend Sylva.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

That is where ikpeazu comes in.mind you,there are so many loopholes and ambiguities in our laws that were not even aware of
Absolutely...
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

Wrong....Ignorance is no excuse in the court of law....You and I know that.
Pdp were supposed to call those authorities that issued the certificstes to testify
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
mushystuff:

So how do you reconcile the fact that there are now more votes than accredited voters?
Because inec refused to add the accredited votes from those disputed units
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
Alanpoza007:

You're a kid I don't need to banter words with. You're shouting minimum. Does a degree from a Nigerian University exist in isolation. JAMB publishes brochures yearly that explicitly state admission requirements for each University because they know blockheads like you and the types who ill-advised Degi will try to explain away commonsense. I don't blame you though. I brought myself to your lowly level to exchange words with an idiot like you.

I came here, i showed you the constituion, i showed you that you can get a degree without WASc, you are arguing and abusing, all you have to do is show me where it says you must submit WASC when you have degree.

Shebi it's the law as you say...then it must be written somewhere...no be so? imb3cile!!!!

You and Degi the same...na English rob your brother of his destiny 24 hrs before his glory!!!

Part of the reason cited for disqualification was his primary school leaving certificate, did anybody ask him for that? Let me even humour you for a second that you must present WASC as you say, who asked him for primary leaving certificate?

You clearly still do not understand the meaning of the word "minimum" thankfully, the people that wrote the constitution and the courts that interprete the law do!

5 Likes

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 10:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Pdp were supposed to call those authorities that issued the certificstes to testify
Don't probe this further.....you might be shocked the man even forged his family's docs.

It's still a mole within his camp that filtered this....has APC national secretariat raised what you just raised?
No...and they know why.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

Imo....at worse a run-off..which I doubt.

I have the judgement but haven't read it.

But this one.....if you go further....you will expose Degi more, tbh.

How would you feel yourself, going to school....changing your names (for whatever reason), and yet you can't defend it?
Let's be frank, the man don't have those papers
....Oshiomhole knew but he felt "Insurance" cover them for Supreme Court and he didn't want to offend Sylva.
We dont know if he has those papers or not.a good lawyer as i earlier said would have filled in the gaps and looked for technicalities to kill it.

You are right,imo a total runoff in the interest of justice.you need to read that judgment including the minority judgment of fred oho.immediately i read it,i knew ihedioha was in trouble
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by eagleeyez: 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
careytommy37:
Look at the mess and bad precedents this Tanko of a sham is turning our supreme court into.

You see a walking fool. How is this the cj's judgement ? Are you even a lawyer ?
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by CanadaOrBust: 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
greggng:

You don't know anything about how court operate. They are not father Xmas that will give you what u didn't ask for. The two cases are different . In imo apc result from a certain unit was excluded fraudulently ...pdp claimed the said result from those units where forged. The apex court now ask them to present evidence to prove that a result of a unit signed by Inec officials deployed to those units where fraud...but they had no answer to that question . The supreme court asked apc candidate to present the result of those units and they gladly presented it and Inec didn't deny it...The question a man with conscience should ask is ....why was those result excluded and for what reason? If you cannot answer this question then keep quiet and Bury your face in shame for aiding and abating fraud. The question about supreme court not counting the result to ascertain what each party got is irrelevant cos pdp never believed in the existence of that result...They can't benefit from their misfortune...Elementary school law student knows about it.

With all due respect sir, u r the one that should hide your face in shame. Just look at what u r arguing! Not only were the documents not signed as u claim, they were full of ridiculous figures that exceeded number of registered voters; they were also incomplete, smudgy, full of alterations, signed only by APC, and showed results for only APC and PDP out of 70 parties!

How is it Father Christmas to note the obvious fraudulent nature of documents right in front of you?!
Can’t u see that going by that, any party in power can then “win” any election they want, permanently removing your right to have a say in who governs u. That’s what u r defending!

How hard is it to obtain INEC documents, write any results u wish, keep the carbon copies, and destroy the rest??
Or is it that it is so hard to obtain INEC documents??
The ONLY way to checkmate that is to accept INEC’s word, UNDER OATH, that they never issued those documents!

U r right, the two cases are quite different. In fact the Imo case is quite different from all the other cases. Disqualification, as in Bayelsa, is quite common in politics. Imo is the only case where Supreme Court actually aided and abetted clear fraud and rigging.

Also in Bayelsa SC upheld lower courts. In Imo they overruled all lower courts AND INEC to replace an 8-month gov with a FOURTH place finisher, all based on clearly fraudulent documents.
THE CASES ARE NOT EVEN COMPARABLE!!

Notice how the SC bent itself out of shape to carefully avoid mentioning numbers in their judgment, in a case that is all about numbers!
Also notice they said nothing about meeting “the required constitutional geographical spread of votes”! Because they know the numbers make no sense - the man gave himself 2 times the registered number of voters in some places!
Then when INEC gave him certificate the next day, they carefully made sure NOT to release final tally of votes (because they know they’d be laughed at!)
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by mushystuff: 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
TheFearless:
[/b]Do you think David Lyon will ever forgive his supposed deputy for such a very expensive negligence?[b]

My question is :[/b] why didn't the court simply punish his deputy for giving INEC false information rather than involving David Lyon who is innocent?[b]

Lawyers in the house, please I need clarification

It's a joint ticket, they float or sink together. As you know, no candidate can stand for election without the 2nd ie for Executive positions. If the deputy candidate was not qualified and ought not to have stood for elections, the governorship candidate is also not qualified to contest alone on a ticket. What affects one affects the other.

1 Like

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Dansuqi: 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
fergie001:

Absolutely...
You saw them even in osun and buhari vs gej 2011 supra
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by maasoap(m): 10:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
slimanyd:
Kilodeeeeeee .

Only you 5 affidavits, You be ABIKU NI , U change name for secondary school ,you change name go university , You later did an affidavit to another name different from your 2 previous doc , Again, another affidavit to change following month , Another affidavit , following month , another affidavit ,

Awesuuuuuuu , Degi , Ode beru Olorun ,These casa is as dead as a fly jare . The guy I a confirmed criminal . Sentiment apart . Apati wereeee .

Nah only ladies I dey hear wey dey Change name , These one of degi pass me ,walahi

Somebody should tell Lyon to prepare for 2023. These case is DOA .

Upon all that, did any institution claim that they didn't know him? The answer is no. That's why we said that the man was merely punished for being irresponsible with names. The judge knew that those certificates were genuine and belonged to him.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 10:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

We dont know if he has those papers or not.a good lawyer as i earlier said would have filled in the gaps and looked for technicalities to kill it.

You are right,imo a total runoff in the interest of justice.you need to read that judgment including the minority judgment of fred oho.immediately i read it,i knew ihedioha was in trouble
For justice....Imo will be a run-off. But this one is a no case. The man doesn't have those papers.
If APC is reviewing, let them call the exam bodies and then let them call the faceless Notary Public office Degi used.
Bayelsa is gone bro, ironically you know.

Don't mind Oho.....he is now in the Court of Appeal, Sokoto

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Approves Review Of Grazing Reserves In 25 States / You’re Beating Drums Of Religious War, Northern Christian Youths Tell Dogara / Datti Baba-Ahmed: Confusion Over Peter Obi's Running Mate’s Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.