Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes (8269 Views)

Babawande Afolabi, A Young Visionary, Introduces Green Africa Airline, Reshaping / Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad / Meet The Billionaire Who Is Building The Second Largest Refinery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Nobody: 12:31am On Feb 16, 2020
Lynx001:
Am watching. Looking at the volatility of the air industry its a risk. Besides the brand is kinda new. But wetin concern me sef. Na my risk.
Yeah, it's a risk worth taking. With the nation having the largest economy on the African continent and a rising middle class that are beginning to value time more than ever before, Nigeria’s commercial aviation industry presents an attractive investment opportunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by DSoj(m): 12:33am On Feb 16, 2020
Great but;

When did he start biz?
What big was he pulling in transport biz to be able to order 50 planes at once?? 50!!!!!
Who are the investors in the airline? (Politicians?)
Give us his history and dont just tell us to me someone out of the blues.

Very soon the truth will come out and we will hear stories.

Congrats to him!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 16, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Oh boy... Na wetin I want talk be DAT. Ah no want hear another Invictus story later.
He's a former Morgan Stanley banker
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:38am On Feb 16, 2020
9jamyHome:
He's a former Morgan Stanley banker
It is all right. I wish him the best.
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 16, 2020
DSoj:
Great but;

When did he start biz?
What big was he pulling in transport biz to be able to order 50 planes at once?? 50!!!!!
Who are the investors in the airline?
Give us his history.

Very soon the truth will come out and we will hear stories.

Congrats to him!
He is also the founder of Teatime Capital, a venture capital firm in Nigeria. He has previously worked at Morgan Stanley as an investment banker and also as a corporate strategist for American Airlines

3 Likes

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Westbestside: 1:24am On Feb 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

All these nouveaux riche who spring up from nowhere and start upturning the carpets.
Past experiences have made people like these the wrongest choice for inspiration.

While I wish him well, one thing is certain; he can never be an Allen Onyema.
The sky is too wide for two planes to fly.

Air Peace we know.
Air Peace we love.
I am sure you are older than that boy, but he's already doing it big. You and who knows onyeama. Jealousy a boy you can give birth to. Shame on your parents.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Impenia: 1:39am On Feb 16, 2020
LibertyRep:
Never heard of the company before. 50 air buses at a time is huge.
Hope he isn't a front for some dirty, money -laundering politicians.

Congratulations to him and his company nonetheless.
Not quite. Just checked Nairametrics and the profile of the other directors seem quite impressive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by tricksters: 1:48am On Feb 16, 2020
This is what happens when foolish Igbos with doomed existence project the irredeemable hate they inherited from their bigoted parent from the womb but who cares.

Your likes are fine committing suicide like over 2 million of your foolish kinsmen committed suicide during the Biafra war. No one cry over the death of fools not even the Europeans or the UN.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
All these nouveaux riche who spring up from nowhere and start upturning the carpets.
Past experiences have made people like these the wrongest choice for inspiration.

Air Peace we know.
Air Peace we love.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Nobody: 2:13am On Feb 16, 2020
Mehn this is huge. Checked the guy profile on Bloomberg now and he is actually the founder and CEO of that great company.

They have the record of the most airline purchased at once on the African continent. They already got the Nigeria aviation license.

Nice to see a Young guy having this kind of dream. The company is also backed by a group of senior industry leaders led by Tom Horton, former chairman and chief executive of American Airlines, William Shaw, founder and former chief executive of VivaColombia and Virasb Vahidi, former chief commercial officer of American Airlines.

Yorubas for life!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by tyup(m): 2:21am On Feb 16, 2020
Commentor:

Did he seek your consent?

Lol grin grin

but the funny thing is SarkinYarki is very correct ion know if he works with FAAN to tho, the airbus is only limited to to a travel miles of 4k which of course the Pilot wouldn't wanna even dare reaching a mile of 4000 cause of the plane's carrying capacity of both fuel, passengers n luggages meaning the Pilot would be restricted to only miles of 3500 max indicating he can't fly Nigeria to Some major cities in the US, UK, Germany, Dubai e.t.c

so if he can't fly these destinations which are top notch for Nigerians why is he getting 50? besides you don't start an airline business like that introducing 50 at a time just like that, you start gradually making a name bfr exploiting the aviation market with many airlines....but anyways just like you rightly said it's not our business

5 Likes

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by stonemasonn: 2:25am On Feb 16, 2020
fairfora:
I'm not surprised. We have got lots of billionaires of yoruba extraction globally. Something is synonymous with them, which is why some people think they're richer than most of our people and that thing is humility. We don't play to the gallery. An empty barrel makes the loudest voice.
But, who is his father? Or what is the source of his wealth? Just asking

2 Likes

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Nobody: 2:44am On Feb 16, 2020
totit:

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/0a40bf3ff8f62314d2ecce8e2a83459a?client=news

there goes another shill working with nigerian politicians to keep his compatriots impoverished

the saddest part of this is, anyone who questions his bonafides will be branded a hater by the same dumbasses getting their throats ripped out by this guy and his accomplices business partners in lagos & abuja...

just move this news to crime section already
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by johnmartus(m): 3:13am On Feb 16, 2020
grin omg I give up on you guys hatred and envy. However Onyema still have a case a serious legal problem hanging on his neck.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Air Peace we know.
Air Peace we love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by johnmartus(m): 3:17am On Feb 16, 2020
cheesy I too know is worrying you. And one naira you don't have in account.
SarkinYarki:
Placing order in is different from buying ..there is no way you can buy 50 brand Airbus outright and put it in the Nigerian domestic market except he plans them for another ..A220 is a short haul sub regional jet suited for domestic operations and I don't see how you can recoup such an investment in Nigeria ..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by LegendHero(m): 5:02am On Feb 16, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

there goes another shill working with nigerian politicians to keep his compatriots impoverished

the saddest part of this is, anyone who questions his bonafides will be branded a hater by the same dumbasses getting their throats ripped out by this guy and his accomplices business partners in lagos & abuja...

just move this news to crime section already

Cry cry hater from the red mud land where the sun doesn’t shine.

Pick up your phone and check the guy profile online including his partners and come back here to apologize.

He is not a criminal like people from your place that is known worldwide for their criminal acts. Example invictus and the Allen Onyema!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Bighead9: 5:02am On Feb 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Air Peace we know.
Air Peace we love.

Peace Airline is owned by Patiance Jonathan a.k.a Mama Peace. Your Alan Oyema is just a custodian of the planes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 16, 2020
stonemasonn:
But, who is his father? Or what is the source of his wealth? Just asking
Im not related to him to start answering that question but I know his company is active in nigeria. They also got some contracts in the multibillion naira EFCC building to install security gadgets...that's where I got to know him.for the first time. He was one of the contractors invited during the opening ceremony of the building by the EFCC chairman himself

2 Likes

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by surveyllance93: 5:41am On Feb 16, 2020
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by yeyeosoronga: 6:10am On Feb 16, 2020
fairfora:
I'm not surprised. We have got lots of billionaires of yoruba extraction globally. Something is synonymous with them, which is why some people think they're richer than most of our people and that thing is humility. We don't play to the gallery. An empty barrel makes the loudest voice.

I completely agree with you.
I have met an elderly gentleman like that. He is more or less a recluse . No noise at all.
He lives amongst other billionaires, and you can't dismiss him when he talks and casually says he will branch to one country to see their president , on his way to another.
He is a very simple dresser too, and you only suspect he is rich when you see how fresh his skin is, his wristwatch and shoes.

1 Like

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by CSTR2: 6:12am On Feb 16, 2020
The guy must be a Money laundering agent or an idiot.

Either way, not worth talking about.
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Correcto: 6:18am On Feb 16, 2020
When a particular place has so much billionaires, it amount to poor distribution of wealth
fairfora:

1 Like

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by luxs(m): 6:26am On Feb 16, 2020
HOPE is not "abacha's wife" investment!
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by TheChameleon: 6:50am On Feb 16, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Babawande Afolabi and Allen Onyeama are struggling to be billionaires of money in real life, while you are struggling to be billionaire of “likes and shares” on nairaland

Wow, wow, wow.

This is the most savage reply of all time.

He would need a heart and brain transplant after this. grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by TUANKU(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2020
50 Airbus @ once? Lies.

1 Like

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by ScotMisile: 8:40am On Feb 16, 2020
I don't know why Yorubas are crying bitter over simple criticism.

You should know by now that hatred for each other is what makes us Nigerians, fuelled by Nairaland faceless forum.

This same thing happens if it's either IGBO, HAUSA, Fulani. At least, we know Yoruba guys on this forum that would have said more if it was IGBO.. .

So, be a man accept the critics and stop crying me a river already. I had an ocean filled one yesterday.
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2020
LegendHero:

Cry cry hater from the red mud land where the sun doesn’t shine.

Pick up your phone and check the guy profile online including his partners and come back here to apologize.

He is not a criminal like people from your place that is known worldwide for their criminal acts. Example invictus and the Allen Onyema!

oponu for life
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2020
SarkinYarki:
Placing order in is different from buying ..there is no way you can buy 50 brand Airbus outright and put it in the Nigerian domestic market except he plans them for another ..A220 is a short haul sub regional jet suited for domestic operations and I don't see how you can recoup such an investment in Nigeria ..
Ask Arik how he did recoup his money. He would tell you. Mind you, A220 can fly west african sub regions too, not only domestic.
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by SarkinYarki: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
fairfora:
Ask Arik how he did recoup his money. He would tell you. Mind you, A220 can fly west african sub regions too, not only domestic.

I said sub regional jet didn't I?

If Arik recouped his money why is his company now with Amcon
Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
SarkinYarki:

I said sub regional jet didn't I?

If Arik recouped his money why is his company now with Amcon
The issue with arik was mismanagement. Yes, amcon waded in at some point. They've recouped more than enough, which I know very well. My uncle is a friend to the owner Arumeni Ikhide.

1 Like

Re: Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes by fkj950ax(m): 8:21am On Jul 27, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Don't stress much when they try to trash your comments from an un-informed position.
There are too many bloggers who will put out anything for a few Naira.
Ask them to explain the dynamics of short haul and commercial viability in Nigerian airspace and see their folly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grab Udemy Courses: All Free (updated Daily) / $540 Million Deal - Can Anyone Crack The Winning Numbers For U.S. Mega Lottery? / I Want To Go Into Tissue Paper Production. Please Advice Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.