Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,367 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad (4161 Views)

Efe Ejere's Mother's Burial: Obi Cubana, 36 Pals Squad, Others Storm Delta / Meet Babawande, The Billionaire Whose Company Bought 50 Planes / Meet The Billionaire Who Is Building The Second Largest Refinery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
Hey Nairalanders, kindly share your thoughts

Is it possible for someone to become a billionaire, someone from no where, not from a rich family, with no one to help?

Some people would say, why aiming to be a billionaire? There's this math, I used while in school, if you aim for an A, you will either end in an A or a B. You might be our next billionaire, aim HIGH

Can an individual later on in his/her life achieve this status through consistent hardworking/smart working?
Or is it only through LUCK that the individual can become one, all these Nigerian billionaires didn't start from a rich family.

Please, don't compare with white people because I know they already have an enabling environment once they are diligent, focused and smart working.
I'm talking about a typical Nigerian youth, from a poor/average home.
I know some billionaires from wretched homes that became one, but he was oppurtuned to get a job with NNPC or oil company, and from there he started having his oil mining whatever.

In this 21st century, can a youth realize that dream legally?

I'm a motivator, and sometimes I feel I could tell myself & some people that, we should forget becoming a billionaire, or when I see people Praying to become a billionaire. Sometimes, teenagers that I guide will jokingly call themselves ''billionaire squad'', and tell me, AUNTY, my money will shock you. I do observe little children when they are playing, they are often saying, when I become a billionaire

My fellow Nairalanders, do these people have hope? Is it only through luck? Are they limited to becoming millionaires or thousandnair, hundrednaire alone? Please share your thought and give examples, if you are also a billionaire/millionaire, share with us what you think of yourself before becoming one, were you always with the thought that, surely, I would be a millionaire, or you never thought of becoming one and it just happened.
If you are a NOTHING now, do you think you have the chance of becoming a billionaire? What are the steps you are taking towards this

For the purpose of viewers, I'm going to extract the best comments and put it up here for others to read and learn

God bless viewers, God bless sharers, God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
By
@DoubleEngine007 DoubleEngine007
Talent! If its business,education, entertainment,sports.. In fact just be the best at what you like doing.. Do what people in that field hasn't done before.. But,the truth is, E NO EASY O.. I repeat, E NO EASY O ..

By @phr33man phr33man thanks for this piece
I strongly believe one can become whatever he wants to become irrespective of the odds around.

If people are still becoming millionaire from zero with these odds, nothing stops them to become billionaires than themselves. Though, it's not that easy. You just to repeat what you did from zero to millionaire but harder with God's favour, you are there. It's easier for youths who are into entertainment,sports , IT(you just need that unique idea to break even). Other businesses may strive to get to this point these days sha. But with the right innovative continuously growing idea(from God) and good strategy of execution, you are there.

If you have bright ideas that are scalable and can be implemented in a grand scale yes it is possible to be a billionaire although u go still need funding and some connections Herr and there

Another thing is to be able to continually invest and increase amount of assets u have

1 Like

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
Please move to front page mod
@lalasticlala
Lalasticlala

Mynd44
@Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 7:58pm On Apr 26, 2020
Extract from @Tenthman Thanks Tenthman
God bless you brother

You become a millionaire by inheritance or by your actions ( ).
0-Wishing/Praying for something is one thing.
1-Desiring something is another.
2-Positioning your self with an adequate knowledge and plan (specialized skill or specialized persons with adequate skills) in ensuring that thing is achieved is another thing.
3-Then executing the plan is another thing entirely. Taking action. Just doing it.
4-Now should this plan fail, trying again with some modification of the plan and not giving is as a matter of fact, another thing entirely.

Many Nigerians you see are at level 0. They have not gone beyond this level. Some have gone to level 4 and quit. Becoming a billionaire is not by luck. Unless your parents bequeath wealth to you it has to come by your own action. You have to work for it or steal for it or kill for it. Whatever it is you have to take some form of action.

Please look at the worlds Billionaires. All of them. It was by their actions. Granted some had opportunities provided for them by their parents in form of a head start. However, they had something to offer and took action. They failed multiple times and tried again to achieve their aim. It is real work to rise beyond your background and your economic situation. But it is possible. Now I shall provide you an example. Real life example.

Woman A, comes from a humble background. Poor family. Nothing much to her name. Just a little educated. She was married off to a man who beat the shit out of her daily. He would leave her without any money for feeding and stuff. Eventually, he moved out of the house. Stopped caring for the kids and the woman. He told her she was bad luck and he is not interested in her anymore. Daily she would come to ask for assistance to feed herself and her kids. I knew offering her money was not the best idea. It will only solve her problem temporarily. I asked her to go into business. She complained of capital. I told her I was not going to give her capital for the business. She was distraught because I have always helped. I told her to learn a skill. A vocation. That way she can earn her own money by offering a service. And this knowledge will be with her anywhere she goes.

She decided that she would learn Tailoring and Hair Dressing. I told her to choose one and she did. She chose tailoring. Paying for the training for her was not difficult. It cost me nothing. Unknown to me, she had seen the light and learnt hair dressing on her own. While she was learning how to make clothes she caught on the hair dressing bit because she already made hair for her kids. She completed the hair dressing in no time. She eventually completed the tailoring as well. From the hair dressing, she sat in front of her house every evening and made hair for kids within the area. Especially on Saturdays and Sundays. She latter decided to rent a shop. She had some money and I gave her a loan to complete the rent. I had to lie to her that the money is a loan she must repay back. In the shop she set up a small corner with a sewing machine and had a girl help her out with the hair dressing/making section. In no time she split both businesses. Tailoring business in one shop. Hair dressing salon in another. Eventually she decided she was going to learn better designs. She wanted to learn with a good designer who designs for high class Lagos (Eko) Women. Told her to take the chance.

Long story short this same woman is supplying ' Afrofusion' clothing to the UK today. She sells those African Tops and Skirts that Oyibos now mix with their own clothing. She makes the handbags too. As per her hair dressing business, she progressed this into make up and beauty accessories. I encouraged her to brand it with a proper brand name. A fellow here on nairaland even made her logo for her for less than 10k. Today this woman is planning on travelling to Vietnam, China and/or Dubai to brand her own wigs, make up kits (mascara, eye pencils), artificial nails, etc. etc. I MEAN WITH HER OWN BRAND NAME AND LOGO ON IT. Picture Vlisco, Nobel, Tara, etc.

IS SHE A BILLIONAIRE YET? The answer is no. Is she getting there? The answer is a resounding yes. Who knows how much she can scale her business to? Who knows where else she can divest to and hit is bigger than she already has?

Long story short, background and baseline economic situation can be a challenge, but it does not mean it cannot be surmounted. Wisdom and Knowledge properly applied to achieve a goal, through consistent action can overcome any challenge(s).
Tell us something
Kflex0
Bestchoice4me

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ojun50(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
One day he go better
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by Bestchoice4me(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
Mod pls do the needful.. This is the type of topic we want..
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
Bestchoice4me:
Mod pls do the needful.. This is the type of topic we want..
Thanks, please help me to mention them, I really don't know how to mention the mods
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
ojun50:
One day he go better
Amen
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
Don't just pass by,please share with us
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
cc akaahs
cc lalasticlala
@Resivim
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by kflex0: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2020
ModestGal:
Tell us something Kflex0 Bestchoice4me
investment, buying softwares which doubles your bitcoin hourly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by phazotron(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
If you have bright ideas that are scalable and can be implemented in a grand scale yes it is possible to be a billionaire although u go still need funding and some connections Herr and there

Another thing is to be able to continually invest and increase amount of assets u have

But the surest way is to list your organization on the stock exchange (which stems from implementing number 1) and own majority shares

1 Like

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by EzzyCarter: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
1. Grind
2. Grind
3. Grind
4. Grind
5. Grind
6. Grind
7. Grind
8. Grind

Repeat till infinty grin
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by phr33man(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
I strongly believe one can become whatever he wants to become irrespective of the odds around.

If people are still becoming millionaire from zero with these odds, nothing stops them to become billionaires than themselves. Though, it's not that easy. You just to repeat what you did from zero to millionaire but harder with God's favour, you are there. It's easier for youths who are into entertainment,sports , IT(you just need that unique idea to break even). Other businesses may strive to get to this point these days sha. But with the right innovative continuously growing idea(from God) and good strategy of execution, you are there.

Cobhams Sef acknowledge God for him song " Give me one hit song).

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
@dermmy
@Elpacino481
@Resivim
@Oyin0
@Zattoven
Borrow us your intelligence in this thread please
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
phazotron:

But the surest way is to list your organization on the stock exchange (which stems from implementing number 1) and own majority shares
Can you please expantiate o. Listing organization on stock exchange
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
EzzyCarter:
1. Grind
2. Grind
3. Grind
4. Grind
5. Grind
6. Grind
7. Grind
8. Grind

Meaning abeg

Repeat till infinty grin
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
phr33man:

Cobhams Sef acknowledge God for him song " Give me one hit song).
At what age
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by EzzyCarter: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
[quote author=ModestGal post=88887116][/quote]

Means work hard and hustle like ur life depends on it smiley
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 8:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Means work hard and hustle like ur life depends on it smiley
Agbero are doing that
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by phr33man(m): 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
ModestGal:

At what age

The thread wasn't about the age but possibility of becoming a billionaire.
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by EzzyCarter: 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
ModestGal:

Agbero are doing that

True, that's where smartness comes in. You must connect and then utilize the opportunity at ur disposal to work for ur goals. Above all, Grace matters as well. But you've got to grind like God's not on your side cheesy
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by OYENIYIJK: 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
I shine my teeth for this thread. grin
If you have a talk on this please say it. Gonna learn new things
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by akaahs(m): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
Decide that one thing U wanna do and be known for it in this life, and pour ur whole life into it. Don't waste ur time doing many things. Make up ur my to be the best in the world doing what U have chosen to do and then demand high fees for ur services.
Case study of Messi and Ronaldo

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by naijacutee(f): 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
The reason there aren't too many billionnaires is that people who have broken into that level of earning have a completely different mindset.

Nobody will make that sort of money copying others or doing the same things others are doing. That kind of money is made by networking (not just networking to beg, but networking to be of value to billionaires).

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by DoubleEngine007: 10:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
Talent! If its business,education, entertainment,sports.. In fact just be the best at what you like doing.. Do what people in that field hasn't done before.. But,the truth is, E NO EASY O.. I repeat, E NO EASY O ..

Who no go no know..cux If say e easy,i for dey England dey play for one big team since ..

In Teni's voice.. I wanna be a billionaire.. Billionaire arrh arrh...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by zedegit: 10:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
ModestGal:
Hey Nairalanders, kindly share your thought
Is it possible for someone to become a billionaire, someone from no where, not from a rich family, with no one to help?
Can an individual later on in his/her life achieve this status through consistent hardworking?
Or is it only through LUCK that the individual can become one, all these Nigerian billionaires didn't start from a rich family.

Please, don't compare with white people because I know they already have an enabling environment once they are diligent, focused and smart working.
I'm talking about a typical Nigerian youth, from a poor home.
I know some billionaires from wretched homes that became one, but he was oppurtuned to get a job with NNPC or oil company, and from there he started having his oil mining whatever.

In this 21st century, can a youth realize that dream legally?
I'm a motivator, and sometimes I feel I could tell myself & some people that, we should forget becoming a billionaire, or when I see people Praying to become a billionaire. Sometimes, teenagers that I guide will jokingly call themselves ''billionaire squad''

My fellow Nairalanders, do these people have hope? Is it only through luck? Are they limited to becoming millionaires or thousandnair, hundrednaire alone? Please share your thought and give examples, if you are also a billionaire/millionaire, share with us what you think of yourself before becoming one, were you always with the thought that, surely, I would be a millionaire, or you never thought of becoming one and it just happened.
God bless you

Op unless God picks your call, someone like Tin... dies leaving you as sole heir to his bullion vans , or you do mining like those done in the west.

In fact e no easy.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by phazotron(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
ModestGal:

Can you please expantiate o. Listing organization on stock exchange

So u don't know what it takes to list a company on the stock exchange?
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by Javalist: 1:14am On Apr 27, 2020
The thing is, only people who are really billionaires will tell you how to become one.

Unfortunately, no billionaire will waste their time surfing a thread on Nairaland because they're at the other end busy accumulating more money.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by Goddys(m): 2:13am On Apr 27, 2020
The fact is that it is extremely hard. You need to have a unique business idea that can solve problem of humanity like discovering of coronavirus vaccine and selling it to top pharmaceutical company or a robot that can give one the type of hairstyle one desires. Even billionaires have a haircut and if there's such, it can sell

If you have a huge inheritance, it is also possible through hedge fund and buying of certain stock by predicting their volatility if you have an insider information before you invest in a stock but it is a crime.

You need a special grace from God too.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 5:37am On Apr 27, 2020
Why are people not talking?
Re: Share Your Thought On How To Join The Billionaire Squad by ModestGal(f): 5:39am On Apr 27, 2020
phazotron:

So u don't know what it takes to list a company on the stock exchange?
Its not for my sake only, its for the sake of readers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Crashes To 700 Naira Per A Dollar! IPOB Youths Come In Lets Celebrate / How Can I Send Money From Nigeria To USA / How Do I Receive Western Union Transfer Into My GTB Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.