Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,069 members, 7,852,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

Annoying Spousal Habits - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Annoying Spousal Habits (43039 Views)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by pslm23(f): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2011
Ninapha:

New year! new habit.

I hv noticed since the new year that the new trend is calling of different pet names.

Ihv known "sweetie" as far as i know him now, sweetie, if i dont answer quick and ask why he is calling he would add so many names to its and it annoys me cos i have query for not answering any of the names: nnem, mama, nneoma, obim, honey, swt baby OMG, do i have to answer everthing? then he would kill me kpatakpata with "Uto m" meaning sweetie and he knows i hate the sound of that Uto m

ROTFLMAO!!
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by becky4real(f): 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2011
He does not take things serious, even wen u seem to be dieing on it, e.g

daddy see snake

his resp: will be leave the innocent snake alone,

the house is catching fire resp: relax xx,

kill mosquito,resp: thou shall not kill.

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by queensmith: 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
yewwy:

I tink so far,d guys re more complaind abt dan d ladies nd d prob dey ve are farting nd snoring.am nt married but ve a boyfrnd who tels me often hw he farts nd tels his newphew 2 say sori nd se idi o ro yin(se your yanch no pain u)is dt wat i'l b sayin 2.OMG pls hlp

LWKMD!!!!!!

my stomach hurts!
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 14, 2011
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by plappville(f): 1:54am On Jan 15, 2011
With what I see here I think the farting thing is common with men than women.
1) Knowing fully well tht he wakes up very early 4 work, 5:30 am he will go t2 bed very late and when he comes to bed, that's when he will want to discuss, honey re u sleeping already?? I will just keep him quite. In the morning his alarm will wake him up he will let it ring and ring, I think he doesnt hear it becos he is 2 tired LOLS, I will hit him and say man wake up it's work time, OH no!!!!! it's already morning honey? (good question) He will touch D wrong botten thinking he has stoped D alarm he will go wash up, after I am falling asleep again, the alarm will re ring, this time I ve to move to switch it off this run me mad. Some time during wkend we don't work but his alrm will still ring.
2) he is not organised at all, I ve to remind him of his appointments etc, as for his Dirty clothes? he always look for His socks and boxer, when he has finish using the clean once, he will go get my socks or else no work for that day. When he takes off his Dirty jeans he will leave his socks and boxer inside the jean, I wonder how the machine can wash a hiden socks properly.
3)He Is very hard working but ve problem to renew old clothes and shoes. So what I do is shop for him becos even if he goes shopping himself, trust me he will come back and tell me he didn't see any thing he likes in the whole shops in the city.
I think if there are no negetive parts, the home will be too boring sometings. We we love, we argue, we agree and disagree these make our marriage fun.

4)When we ve a party to attend, I will ve to select him what to wear or else he will prefares to wear his normal indoor clothes why I and the kids are looking good. He just don't care about how others see him.
He is very resarve when in mist of our friends, but trust him at home.   
When I recieve calls he likes to be noticed in the bckground, that is when he will asked me of something that is not important.

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 16, 2011
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2011
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by pwiz(m): 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2011
Back then in naija,my (ex)girlfwend has this habit of calling everytime e.g. When she wakes up she wil cal me,sweeping or washing she wil cal me,eating breakfast she wil cal me,lunch d same tin,if she falls d same tin,dinner she wil ding me again and lastely wen she is off to bed she wil cal me saying meaningless tin for mins and if i refuse to pick na query and bn upset, I dnt knw if itz intentional or jst showing affection and it happens evridai 10x we went our diff ways (nt becoz of diz) *sigh*
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by plappville(f): 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2011
chaircover:

@plapville I share the same "issue" with you regarding clothes. The same pair of shoes day in day out. When I do finally get him to go shopping we end up coming back home with 6 bags for me & the kids and nothing for him even through the plan was to get him something.
And when I do decide to be proactive and buy him stuff, he wrinkles up his nose and says that he doesn't like this and doesn't like that  angry
Now I just wait until he is out of the house and hide or throw away frayed jeans and colour faded shirts etc and when he starts looking for them I just keep a straight dace and hand him something else to wear.
It pains me because he works so hard but not much I can do;  he is not a shopper & he is too fussy for me to get what he wants right. Imagine someone using the same tailor for 16 years  shocked He totally refuses to experiment with another tailor. Na wa.
So I have just given up jare. I cant shout  grin

Laugh @ Chairecove,  grin grin grin, u know I ve been to a forum to seek advise from women that their Hubby has same habit, I was told to hid his old and faded jeans like u did. My dear I did it it didn't work. The nice designers jean I bought for him is only good for him to do some contstruction work at home during the weekend loools.
I got fed up. I tell u when we where dating I was dieing and tripping for him with the kind of suit he was wearing to work then, + the fact that he was also very caring until date. But After our 1st child was born Oga began to dey avoid wearing coat.
I ve tried telling him he looks sexy on suit na lie oooo,  He will tell me that it's too long to dress on suit because he has to put tie etc. I wonder what his Collegue will be thinking of him since this change. Wetin I fit do again? So I leave am to please himself ooo but if I feel unconfortable sometimes.
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by pslm23(f): 8:01pm On Jan 17, 2011
plappville:

"when he has finish using the clean once, he will go get my socks or else no work for that day. When he takes off his Dirty jeans he will leave his socks and boxer inside the jean, I wonder how the machine can wash a hiden socks properly."

^^^^^,  My husband "borrows" my socks anytime he has run out of clean socks and by the time i get it back, it's all stretched out and no longer as white as they were  angry grin. I've also told him time without number to empty his pockets before putting his pants in the washer and he should try to seperate his boxers and sock from inside the pants. Do you think he listens? HELL NO!  angry The other day, when the washer stopped, i saw wet papers all over the clothes in the machine and upon further investigation, found out that he left his pocket Bible in the pocket of his jeans. I told him God will deal with him for doing that!  grin

1 Like

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by plappville(f): 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2011
pslm23:

^^^^^,  My husband "borrows" my socks anytime he has run out of clean socks and by the time i get it back, it's all stretched out and no longer as white as they were  angry grin. I've also told him time without number to empty his pockets before putting his pants in the washer and he should try to seperate his boxers and sock from inside the pants. Do you think he listens? HELL NO!  angry The other day, when the washer stopped, i saw wet papers all over the clothes in the machine and upon further investigation, found out that he left his pocket Bible in the pocket of his jeans. I told him God will deal with him for doing that!  grin

grin grin grin grin , The italic words are so funny, I didn't stop laughing OMG, no go kill some1 with laughter ooo.
For me, I always ve it in mind that I ve 4 kids at home, it sounds funny to him each time I tell him he is my 1st born kikiki.
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 18, 2011
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by malaika(f): 8:13am On Jan 18, 2011
:/
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by babyme1(f): 9:21am On Jan 18, 2011
malaika:

His annoying 'fatherly' habits:

He lets our 2year old eat cheese curls or biscuits 10 minutes before I'm supposed to give her a healthy supper lipsrsealed and when I take the snacks from her he thinks I'm being mean, I don't care grin

At bathtime he lets her roll around in the water for a long time while they chat and by the time he gets around to actually bathing her the water is so cold and she's almost shivering angry and he lets her drink her bath water cry

He always dresses her up in mismatched clothes and can't understand why I fuss about what she wears
cry cry cry cry
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by dayokanu(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
chaircover:

LOL I am the opposite o! I "borrow" my hubbys socks. I just pray that I have no reason to take off my boots outside cos underneath are mens black socks embarassed grin

I also terribly annoy him by borrowing his razors for a quick eyebrow shape in between threading . . . .(Yes yes yes I know I shouldn't use razors on my brows embarassed )

I never return borrowed money, so he makes me sign loan documents which I agree to at the time but when it comes to payback I come up with some bright idea about him exchanging the loan for extra bedmatic action wink

He hits the roof and says he wont lend me money again but 2 weeks later I am smiling sweetly again asking for money again and signing yet another loan document for a loan that I know that I will never pay back grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by armyofone(m): 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
dayo you sef dey here dey read hahaha, very funny thread grin
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^ Dont tell them about my annoying spouse.
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Odunnu: 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
Make we hear word jor, u no get any spouse
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by dayokanu(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^ Are you not my spouse,? if you deny me on nairaland, I would deny you in the room which would surely pain you more
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 3:44am On Jan 19, 2011
chaircover:

I never return borrowed money, so he makes me sign loan documents which I agree to at the time but when it comes to payback I come up with some bright idea about him exchanging the loan for extra bedmatic action  wink
[b]
He hits the roof and says he wont lend me money again but 2 weeks later I am smiling sweetly again asking for money again [/b]and signing yet another loan document for a loan that I know that I will never pay back  grin

Ok my conscience will let me be now that I know I am not the only guilty one here grin grin
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 19, 2011
malaika:

His annoying 'fatherly' habits:

He lets our 2year old eat cheese curls or biscuits 10 minutes before I'm supposed to give her a healthy supper lipsrsealed and when I take the snacks from her he thinks I'm being mean, I don't care grin

At bathtime he lets her roll around in the water for a long time while they chat and by the time he gets around to actually bathing her the water is so cold and she's almost shivering angry and he lets her drink her bath water cry

He always dresses her up in mismatched clothes and can't understand why I fuss about what she wears

shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Iranoladun(f): 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2011
Many annoying habits:

1. Throw stuff on the floor instead of dustbin; used cottonbuds, drycleaners label, used phonecards, paper etc
2. When he buys/make new clothes; He wears same dress until I hide it or is faded & is torn from constant wear! I call his dress sense "one nation"
3. Usually mess up the wash-hand basin whenever he shaves
4. When he sneez our neighbours can hear him. In fact back then he used to scare the kids with his loud sneezs until they got use to it.
4.When he sigh he makes this goat sound that is so annoying
5.Always forget to lock the front door despite 2 armed robber incident
6. Sleep too much and anywhere; couch, dining table, car when I complain that despite his coffee habit he still sleep like someone who just return from night vigil his response is "Eyan lo nlo Valium ko to sun; Olorun lo fun mi loorun". Meaning God gave him sleep while some people use Valium tablet before sleeping!

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2011
Mine could sleep on the roof if you leave him there embarassed

I am the one that wakes him up in the middle of the night if i hear some funny sound outside. The last time it took two hard push to wake him up when I asked him why he slept so deep he told me he was on a missionary journey in the spirit realm angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by plappville(f): 10:12pm On Jan 19, 2011
st time it took two hard push to wake him up when I asked him why he slept so deep he told me he was on a missionary journey in the spirit realm

grin grin grin grin grin tell him to take u to that his Spirit realm Rireeeeee'nn

1 Like

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 20, 2011
plappville:

grin grin grin grin grin tell him to take u to that his Spirit realm Rireeeeee'nn

Don't mind him angry the dude sleeps like someone who got an overdose of valium or temazepam angry angry

@Topic

Ok, I know I might be wrong but well my dad told my hubby never to borrow money from a woman else he will continue paying her off for the rest of his life cheesy grin grin.

I remember once my dad called my mum(she went out) and told her to buy him "Vanguard" newspaper on her way back since she can easily get it over there, till date my dad is still paying for the newspaper grin grin

Ok my hubby called me on fone one day and told me to get him a "vodafone" recharge voucher on my way back, which I gladly did with my church mind, being the good wife that I am cool . . . . . anyways I decided to get my money back by calling him on the fone after a few weeks to get me a "vodafone recharge voucher" as well, which he did.

OK, the other day I saw something I wanted to buy I decided to take from his own pocket and ofcourse he told me he knows I will never pay him back, I then told him to remember the day I used my church mind to buy him a recharge card cheesy  the dude looked at me and told me "he should have listened to my dads advise" cos only gawd knows how many times he has paid back that money and still paying. embarassed  grin

1 Like

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by DoubleN(m): 11:42am On Jan 20, 2011
Iranoladun:

6. Sleep too much and anywhere; couch, dining table, car when I complain that despite his coffee habit he still sleep like someone who just return from night vigil his response is "Eyan lo nlo Valium ko to sun; Olorun lo fun mi loorun". Meaning God gave him sleep while some people use Valium tablet before sleeping!

I don laff tire! lol.
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by chiejik(f): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2011
lol
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by modupsie(f): 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2011
laughing out really hard @ every comment.

@topic,

my love also farts like no man business and when i complain he laughs and would ask me wants wrong with farting 'se won ko ile iso ni?'(meaning is there a place created for farting) this really get on my nerves

secondly, he likes to walk around naked with his thing dangling abt and when u ask him to put on his boxers
he wud tell u he likes to be free indoors.

thirdly he stretches abnormally and does some monkey steps/dance with it. i think he wants to use to create a funny scene but it makes scream 'grow up jor'

whenever i make a mistake of calling him while in the toilet, he uses it as an avenue to describe how thick or watery it(faeces) is ! he also ask me to listen to the sound of it
this get on my nerves seriously and i would just hang up on him while he laughs hysterically.

above all , he is still my only love wink

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by koolchicco: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by yogun(f): 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2011
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by oln: 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^Ur hubby is hilarious.lol
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by naijafrend: 1:06am On Feb 15, 2011
@p.wiz

She sounds to be caring (though it can be irritating at times), sad you guys have parted ways

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce / Husband Smashes Wooden Plank On His Wife's Head During Argument (PHOTO) / For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.