Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce (42837 Views)

A Yahooboy Wants To Marry My Daughter. What Should I Do? Elderly Man Asks (vid) / Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Kenyan Puts Up His Kidney For Sale To Raise Money For His Brother’s School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19
Man Who Gave Wife His Kidney Demanded She Return It Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce

He claimed that she had an affair.

Divorce can be a difficult and bitter process, but one man took things to a whole other level when his wife filed to bring their marriage to an end.

When things become acrimonious in a divorce, you might expect that things like the house or custody of the children are going to be central to the legal proceedings that follow.

For one man, however, things were even more extreme than this, as prior to the divorce, presumably when things were going a bit better, he had given his wife a kidney.

It's a touching gesture, one which you might think would exemplify love and commitment.

But Dr Richard Batista rather spoiled the gift when he demanded that his wife, Dawnell, either return the kidney or pay him $1.5 million after she filed for divorce.

The couple tied the knot back in 1990 and had three children together.

Dr Batista claimed that their marriage had already been on the rocks due to his wife's ongoing medical issues.

After she had two failed kidney transplants, he decided that he would donate one of his kidneys to save both her life and their marriage in 2001.

He told reporters at the time: "My first priority was to save her life. The second bonus was to turn the marriage around."

But it seems that while the procedure succeeded in saving Dawnell's life, the 'bonus' was not quite so forthcoming, and she filed for divorce in 2005.

Dr Batista accused her of having an affair and responded by including a demand for his donated kidney or compensation of $1.5 million as part of the settlement in an extraordinary request.

His lawyer, Dominic Barbara, said his client was 'asking for the value of the kidney' that he gave Dawnell.

Unilad

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by eddynaira125: 3:32pm On Feb 19
This Matters get as e be o

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by STEWpid(f): 3:36pm On Feb 19
Chai..

Correct!!

This year...no gree for anybody sam sam!!

214 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Gbadugbakun(m): 3:44pm On Feb 19
grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Caramia2020(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19
Elders need to come n settle this matter because we can't settle this one but I know one women advocate here in nairaland will always support the woman no matter what.

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by NPFLADMIN(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19
Very very Good!

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by thesicilian: 6:40pm On Feb 19
But some women can be wicked sha
How on earth would you even think of divorcing a husband who literally gave part of himself to save your life?

388 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:40pm On Feb 19
Justice and fairness. Simple

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Aesthetical: 6:40pm On Feb 19
Men!!!!
Do not go extremes to please these women . Just like Naira Marley said “She’s not your girlfriend, it’s just your turn “
Once your turn has passed she will easily replace you without giving a second thought to whatever you have done for her

168 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by tuoyoojo(m): 6:41pm On Feb 19
No face for rotten mango

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Kingray10: 6:41pm On Feb 19
I pity this MAN.
men will continually pay for being a simp.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:41pm On Feb 19
Over to the wife.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by chris4gold(m): 6:41pm On Feb 19
Well play

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by phemmie06(m): 6:42pm On Feb 19
Divorce filed since almost 20 years ago

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by mosho2good: 6:42pm On Feb 19
*We are just in Bala blu and una dey cry* *😢..what's happens if we enter Bula ba? 😀😀*

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Feb 19
Caramia2020:

Elders need to come n settle this matter because we can't settle this one but I know one women advocate here in nairaland will always support the woman no matter what.

Who is that agony auntie? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by yesloaded: 6:42pm On Feb 19
Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by tefund(m): 6:42pm On Feb 19
She should comply fast!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by 4tomandchi: 6:42pm On Feb 19
Twist of live as they say one good turn deserves another so also a bad turn.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Parydelegate: 6:42pm On Feb 19
The kidney will be fairly used...make she pay the money. The fit pay the money collect am back as proceeds from the divorce grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Nkl4u: 6:43pm On Feb 19
Na. This matter we dey settle since grin

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Nealson(m): 6:43pm On Feb 19
He should even ask for more because the woman think say she wise...... Lol Àṣàkẹ́ music comes to mind, some of us are wise every other person over wise.

17 Likes

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Kobicove(m): 6:43pm On Feb 19
White people can be mad a times.

A person who donated kidney to you free of charge practically owns you...na how you go get mind carry am go court?! shocked

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by thesicilian: 6:43pm On Feb 19
Remove woman from your life and more than 90% of your problems are automatically solved

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by meum: 6:44pm On Feb 19
Abi. He donated his kidney to his wife. The one that wants to walk away with his kidney now isn’t his wife & should return it or pay for it😂

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Dpharisee: 6:44pm On Feb 19
Anything you do for a woman just don't expect her to reciprocate or be always there for you.
As a boyfriend I bought a car for my then girlfriend who later became my wife with all my savings just for her to be happy and fulfilled, I made sure I filled her tank always without bordering where she drove to.

Years later after getting married to her my economy suffered a downturn while she got promotion in her work place and a big salary package.
She bought a new big car while I am still managing my old car.
Anytime I ask her for keys to her car to go out or go see a potential client whom I needed to display a little affluent packaging because of my line of work, she will remind me how I am a car spoiler, how I plan to use it to go pick up a girlfriend, how her car will be in danger of being snatched, how my eyes is always on her car, how I don't buy fuel for her, how I overspeed, how the last time I drove her car she spent N1m at the autoshop to fix things even though its a lie, how she dreamt where the devil was following me when I was driving her car, hian!🤧🤧
This was someone I spent my last money to buy her first car as a bachelor even when I tried to force her to do my bidding she reported me to relatives.

When I met our relatives virtually every one of them will tell me "abeg leave am na woman, in marriage you have to tolerate, since she doesn't want you to use her car just let her be, na so God take create woman"
I realised that as a man you are alone in marriage.

greenermodels:
please,tell me that you're joking, please, this is not true.
Joking ke?
If many married men tell you what they are silently passing through and the betrayals they have had to endure from their wives at various times you go fear to get married, but in order not to discourage younger people from the marriage institution we just endure and move on which is actually not easy as it takes emotional toll on many men.

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by spiSeyi: 6:44pm On Feb 19
Another SIMP has been used and dumped, women are known to be betrayals right from time. The only creature that betrayed Man & God 4 a serpent should be handled logically.
Never deal with any woman emotionally nah wetin dem dey chop dey know undecided. She probably left the SIMP bcs he can no longer hit harder with his 1 kidney grin

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Warmaterial(m): 6:44pm On Feb 19
Women una taya pesin

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by mrdharkchild(m): 6:44pm On Feb 19
Bro!!!!
Real matters.

Funny though.

Life time sacrifice for someone who never have you in her plans

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Hassanmaye(m): 6:44pm On Feb 19
I can never sacrifice for the evil gender only mum

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? / 12-year-old Boy Destroys His Mothers House Because She Took His Phone Away / "No! Don't Touch Me There"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.