Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings (37554 Views)

Obi Cubana Sues PM Express For N1billion, Says He Is Not A Drug Baron. / E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Caseless: 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
Kobicove:
The person who wrote this statement for the chief must be a 'backyard' lawyer undecided
ah swear! It was his media aide. grin grin

He (Nwadiogbu) is a reputable businessman, who is a well-known philanthropist with a passion for the poor, considering how he has been putting food on the table of hundreds of less privileged on daily basis, was a reliable and trusted customer of Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos for six solid years between 2013 and 2019.

Who ask am this one nau?

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
Autodidact101:

Mourinho ran Man Utd from a hotel. He lived all his 3+ years in Manchester in a hotel

That's different. He was on a temporary contract.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Caseless: 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
Yoighaman:
He must have spent just about N400M over the 6-year period, that's about $1.4M considering exchange rate fluctuations. That's chicken change to a Billionaire with constant inflow of money.

Eko Hotel should have done better than this, you don't treat such a high network individual like that; what kind of message do they think they are passing to other potential wealthy guests?
Yoighaman:
He must have spent just about N400M over the 6-year period, that's about $1.4M considering exchange rate fluctuations. That's chicken change to a Billionaire with constant inflow of money.

Eko Hotel should have done better than this, you don't treat such a high network individual like that; what kind of message do they think they are passing to other potential wealthy guests?
The question you should ask is, how much does it cost to put a good building up in that area of Lagos? 400m will give him a befitting structure in that area.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Chidonc(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
Okuda:

point of correction. no legal business of any man would take care of his 6years expenses in a hotel of that magnitude. you cannot ball like that on a legal source of income except you have decided to go bankrupt at one point.
Pray may God open doors. Money dey this life, I am not talking about stolen funds or fraud. There is money in this country, people are balling.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by shoprite: 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
sunboy:

Don’t judge!
You don’t know why he decided to stay in the hotel!
You don’t know how many properties he has!

Hustle your hustle so you can be busy enough to mind your business!

There is a great difference between being judgmental and being real . . .if we were all to be very good in minding our businesses . . .then you won't be here quoting me . . .Look in the mirror bro . . .who do u see? Of course u know . . .it starts with u . . .be wise !

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by BarrSly: 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
That was how I lodged in a hotel in VI (name withheld) but the last name ends with an animal. I stayed there for full 2weeks but I don’t eat their food cause I don’t like the restaurants menu their menu tends to go towards the Russian dishes and majority of their customers aren’t Nigerians.

Well on the day I was to check out, I was just dropping my card at the counter o when the receptionist told me I’m owing a bill of 20k for a meal I ordered at 22:30pm (and I clearly remember that at that time I was still at Fela Shrine cause I also came for Felabration as well as a week vacation.

I vehemently refused it and threatened to put a call across to the CEO directly (fear catch them na) Just as I was about making the call, his wife walked in and was so happy to see me cause all along we’ve only been chatting on WhatsApp. I told her what was happening and immediately she warned them to desist from trying to place trumped up charges to my credit that I’ve been a long standing customer of the hotel without a blemish.

That was how I left In peace o

4 Likes

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Hargbo(m): 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2020
BafanaBafana:
why would someone live in a hotel when he can obviously rent an apartment for himself.
could it be the blood money issues we hear about in movies?
meanwhile, he has all this money and he cannot give the judge small something to do wedding for his son. And they say he is a philanthropist
so he must sponsor the Judge Son's wedding before the Judge carries out his duties... So you mean that every Nigerian should start sponsoring financially every Judge handling there case even if when they cannot afford it...
This is corruption

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2020
sunboy:

Read the article boss. He wrote a check of 20m but was returned that he wasn’t owing.

That's his side of the story. I will not be surprised to hear from the Hotel that the Check was returned because it bounced (insufficient funds things).
If he truly gave the Hotel #20m good Check, why will the hotel turn around to seize his properties worth #400m for owing them #18m. Why doesn't he pay the #18m, retrieve his property and then sue to get his money back?

4 Likes

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by frozen70(f): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
aminulive:

https://thenationonlineng.net/businessman-sues-eko-hotels-seeks-reassignment-of-judge/

Does it mean that these man doesn't have a wife or family within him

Nothing like family members were mentioned

His type are among the men that dies without traces to his account
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by goodman5(m): 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
Person dey pay for 6 year stay in 5 star hotels,me to pay for a year house rent for one room self containe dey hard me
This life no legit grin

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 4:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

a lot of rich (and apparently legit) businessmen have lived permanently in eko hotel for decades. it's an altogether different level of flexing i find difficult to understand myself, but men have done it & they continue to do it.

I don't claim to be an expert on the Nigerian economy but I believe that majority of the so called rich in Nigeria cannot really claim to be legit. It's either government money gotten illegally through contract inflation or outright embezzlement or drugs or fraud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Homguy(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
Kobicove:
The person who wrote this statement for the chief must be a 'backyard lawyer undecided
obviously your brain went to take a dump when you typed this post
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Yoighaman(m): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2020
Caseless:
The question you should ask is, how much does it cost to put a good building up in that area of Lagos? 400m will give him a befitting structure in that area.

He's a big time businessman (who owns Emilinks); people like him think differently and must have had his reasons for staying there; probably to make a statement to his business associates or for just about any reason personally known to him.

It's like asking someone who bought a Bentley or Rolls Royce why he made the purchase when a Toyota or Nissan can take him from point A to B.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
overboard:
Let me drop something here...

While I agree on some level, staying at a hotel is wastage but on some level, and I say on some level, it is very convenient, thus by the pocket of the person that decides to make a hotel an abode, economical.

Take into cognizance diesel to power generators (not our kain 10 kVA o - I'm talking Mikano and the like), support staff to ensure conveniences to his taste are maintained, security concerns... Some people find it an absolute bore and since they can afford it and find it readily available, why not.

Surely, these features are obtainable in some quarters but also bear in mind he may have a horde of guests he prefers to host outside his property as it is not out of place for such a man to have tasteful real estate.

Let me not lie to you, when you are netting like a N10,000,000 and above a day on the average and very possibly legally too, most of the 'commentators' here go shift talk in support.

A one-time boss stayed at same hotel for a year on his own bill and he is into clean business...

Adenuga, on exile stayed at Burj in Dubai for months if not years on end... He would often summon his executives to meetings there and at about every 6 months call for about N300m for his bills - that was convenient for him especially security wise. Just an example.

And we know how Adenuga's wealth came about, don't we. Through corruption, of course. Oil and gas, fronting for Babangida. Tell us about real businessmen not people that got rich looting the Nigerian treasury.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Jabioro: 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
sunboy:

Why judge the man ?

Why must he sponsor the judges wedding ?
My brother we are living outside sanity..I am not blaming him..nor the judge..the country using her head to walk these days..
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

All I see in the report na just boastings of non existent wealth.

Exactly. That's why he is owing the hotel #18m.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by executive12: 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
Chidonc:

Pray may God open doors. Money dey this life, I am not talking about stolen funds or fraud. There is money in this country, people are balling.

If you are not talking about stolen funds or fraud, then how many can be counted as rich in Nigeria. Nigeria is a huge criminal enterprise. Extremely extremely difficult to get rich legitimately in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Osidazz19: 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
[s]
Mazikic:

Funny guy! Don't worry, the injustice in Nigeria is enough to get to everyone. Just calm down, it will get to you sooner than later, and you will come back here to beg Nairalanders to donate money for you, Lol!!!
[/s]

Your whole family will beg for money, NOT MINE.

RUBBISH TRASH
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Koolbobby(m): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2020
Solomon has cooked one meal of a lie whose aroma turns my stomach bad...
It's a pity Eko Hotels won't come to his level and trade words over the media.
For a lot here who have swallowed his version of the story, I am sorry for your gullibility. I had patiently read the whole hogwash and was hoping to see where he admits assault but as usual, his ilk will rather sensationalise issues by buying public sympathy.
Solomon Nwadiogbu a.k.a. Emilinks truly has about 4 Porsche cars clamped in the Hotel and will need to cook more delicious lies to hope they'll be released to him.

Answer your assault case, money-miss-road!

As for the Judge, his case will soon be "reasoned"... Corrupt lots!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Sexycardib: 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Chidonc(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
executive12:

If you are not talking about stolen funds or fraud, then how many can be counted as rich in Nigeria. Nigeria is a huge criminal enterprise. Extremely extremely difficult to get rich legitimately in Nigeria.
Sir, Nigeria maybe a huge criminal Enterprise, but their are people still making cash in hundreds of millions legitimately. I have seen many first handedly.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by overboard(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
demefa:
U have no point. How much is mikano Gen that he can't fix in his house? He can build a security team that is even stronger than that of a hotel. Or they can't murder one in Eko hotel? He can't hire his own support staff? It's all goes down to what one likes. He has no excuse

"...Some people find it an absolute bore and since they can afford it and find it readily available, why not"

I can make shawarma and it most likely will cost me a fraction of what an outlet will charge me. When I patronize an eatery for it, I do so because it saves me time and effort.

And you said it all: "It's all goes down to what one likes."

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by tartarus(m): 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
Lol what kind of damage control is this?!. If you know Solomon nwadiogbu you'll know he's an unruly, loud uncout business man with no regard for anyone. He's not a philanthropist either. Solomon should tell the world what he tried to bribe justice saidu in kwara state but the judge sent him off! grin
Bloody tyrant that oppresses everyone including his own family. That's why he lived in a hotel for 6years. Clown!

https://thenationonlineng.net/police-probe-alleged-n50m-fraud/amp/
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by tartarus(m): 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
Koolbobby:
Solomon has cooked one meal of a lie whose aroma turns my stomach bad...
It's a pity Eko Hotels won't come to his level and trade words over the media.
For a lot here who have swallowed his version of the story, I am sorry for your gullibility. I had patiently read the whole hogwash and was hoping to see where he admits assault but as usual, his ilk will rather sensationalise issues by buying public sympathy.
Solomon Nwadiogbu a.k.a. Emilinks truly has about 4 Porsche cars clamped in the Hotel and will need to cook more delicious lies to hope they'll be released to him.

Answer your assault case, money-miss-road!

As for the Judge, his case will soon be "reasoned"... Corrupt lots!!!
Thank you for this. Solomon is not ok!
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by overboard(m): 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
executive12:

And we know how Adenuga's wealth came about, don't we. Through corruption, of course. Oil and gas, fronting for Babangida. Tell us about real businessmen not people that got rich looting the Nigerian treasury.

On Adenuga, na you get your mouth o!

But seriously, and I'm witness to 2 or 3, legit business men also lavish in such manner, it just depends on how deep their pockets are and their preferences.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by 2sexycom(m): 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
DropsMic:
6 years inside a five star hotel... Kai..

The way some billionaires disrespect money eh...

We must follow disrespect this paper too. With our legitimate hustle of course..

That said.. abeg take a look at my sig

His ways are not clean... He is probably hiding from something.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by Koolbobby(m): 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
Bros, you know this guy too well and have the best adjectives to describe his personality...

tartarus:
Lol what kind of damage control is this?!. If you know Solomon nwadiogbu you'll know he's an unruly, loud uncout business man with no regard for anyone. He's not a philanthropist either. Solomon should tell the world what he tried to bribe justice saidu in kwara state but the judge sent him off! grin
Bloody tyrant that oppresses everyone including his own family. That's why he lived in a hotel for 6years. Clown!

https://thenationonlineng.net/police-probe-alleged-n50m-fraud/amp/

1 Like

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by foleskay(m): 6:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
BarrSly:

That was how I lodged in a hotel in VI (name withheld) but the last name ends with an animal. I stayed there for full 2weeks but I don’t eat their food cause I don’t like the restaurants menu their menu tends to go towards the Russian dishes and majority of their customers aren’t Nigerians.

Well on the day I was to check out, I was just dropping my card at the counter o when the receptionist told me I’m owing a bill of 20k for a meal I ordered at 22:30pm (and I clearly remember that at that time I was still at Fela Shrine cause I also came for Felabration as well as a week vacation.

I vehemently refused it and threatened to put a call across to the CEO directly (fear catch them na) Just as I was about making the call, his wife walked in and was so happy to see me cause all along we’ve only been chatting on WhatsApp. I told her what was happening and immediately she warned them to desist from trying to place trumped up charges to my credit that I’ve been a long standing customer of the hotel without a blemish.

That was how I left In peace o

Sir, show your boy some love pls.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by masseratti: 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
Game man jam Game man... But to me whatever is the case the judge should have excused himself and if not the business man should have reported him to the NJC.
Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by goaldynman(m): 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
DropsMic:
6 years inside a five star hotel... Kai..

The way some billionaires disrespect money eh...

We must follow disrespect this paper too. With our legitimate hustle of course..

That said.. abeg take a look at my sig

My Brother! And the lowest room in Eko Hotel is 90k per night!

90,000 x 30 days is equal to: N2.7million in a month;

N2.7million x 12 months is N32,400,000 in a year;

N32.4million x 6years is equal to: N194,000,000!!

Mehn! This one reach to buy a luxurious house in a choice area of Lagos!!

Mind you they say the man occupied a Suite which price is likely a double of a standard room!

3 Likes

Re: Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings by BafanaBafana: 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hargbo:
so he must sponsor the Judge Son's wedding before the Judge carries out his duties... So you mean that every Nigerian should start sponsoring financially every Judge handling there case even if when they cannot afford it...
This is corruption
I am saying he should help the judge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Ways Your Bank Account Can Be Hacked / Ruin By Online Loan App, Don't Know How To Break Free / Man Loses Belongings Over Wife’s N4k Bank Debt (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.