Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) (37571 Views)

Two Nigerian-Americans Elected To US National Engineering Academy / Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video / How Some Students Improve Their Academic Learning Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Thirteenblood: 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2020
Wow
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Yankee101: 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
SLAP44:
And they are ruled at home by a Man with no known certificate grin

That's why it's called a brain drain. The best and brightest get opportunities abroad and leave

1 Like

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Em5(m): 8:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
So, my supervisor in a new place I work here in the United States asked me where I was from the other day and I replied him Nigeria and he said he never heard of the country and the conversation pretty much ended there.

So two days later he walked straight to my table and asked me directly what's your qualification? I told him I hold a Masters degree, he asked me in what area, and I told him. I saw the surprise in his eyes and he dragged a sit and sat in front of my desk and started to tell me how he decided to look up Nigeria the previous day and how he was surprised he never heard of such a country which recent local statistics has confirmed are the most educated immigrants in the US. And to think that most of the workers here are pretty much High school (Secondary school) graduates and here I was humbly doing my job as though we were mates academically.

What I don't know and I didn't ask him was if he also found out how corrupt my home country is and I really hoped he didnt read that part. Since then he has been relating with me with elevated regard.

10 Likes

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by eyinjuege: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
What I find most intriguing is the fact that only 11% of Americans have a graduate degree. Or did I mishear that figure?
Even in the UK, majority of their indigenes don't go to the university. Many feel it's a waste of time and resources. Even those that go, study courses that are not of much benefit to their society, and won't get jobs afterwards.
But in Nigeria (especially in the South), majority strive to go to university or other tertiary institutions. Yet, we are amongst the most technologically backward nation. Most of our professors are close to useless, our PHD holders too, no show.
Abeg, is there a curse/hex on the country ni?

4 Likes

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Realstick941: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
i am not impressed academic certificate has benn left not so smart people,what i am interested is how many nigerian start ups are in america,our parents always think book i success but those are colonial talk.

The chinese,iranians,pakistanis,indians are there making good money from bussiness we are there gathering PH.D's,who that one help,in developed countries have more than a bachelors degree shows how untalented you are,because talented people often become successfull even without a bachelors degree all them nikola tesla no get degree see how far they have gone.

lets unlock our brains fellow nigerians i know some of you are happy with this but i am not,enterprenuership is the key..for your information Samsung is richer than nigeria which has a popularion of 190 million

5 Likes

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by nextstep(m): 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
SLAP44:

By their choice. Nobody but Nigerians elected Buhari - twice! - against better judgement. angry

We may be book smart, but we're not very wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by CanadaOrBust: 8:35pm On Feb 16, 2020
voltron14:

So you ban the ones that are genuine to discourage those that aren't genuine?

By the way, how far with Canada?

grin

From US perspective it makes no difference. They’d all end up permanently in US.

As for Canada, just a matter of time grin
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by MikeBetty(m): 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
SLAP44:
Nepa Bill
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by press9jatv: 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
[quote author=Jonovo98 post=86706455][/quote] really. I disagree with u oo.
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by 0m0nnakoda: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2020
eyinjuege:
What I find most intriguing is the fact that only 11% of Americans have a graduate degree. Or did I mishear that figure?
Even in the UK, majority of their indigenes don't go to the university. Many feel it's a waste of time and resources. Even those that go, study courses that are not of much benefit to their society, and won't get jobs afterwards.
But in Nigeria (especially in the South), majority strive to go to university or other tertiary institutions. Yet, we are amongst the most technologically backward nation. Most of our professors are close to useless, our PHD holders too, no show.
Abeg, is there a curse/hex on the country ni?
You are mixing it up
Do not be intrigued just research and talk with FACTS

Do not make false and unfounded assertions

HOW MANY UNIVERSITIES are in Nigeria,the UK and the US

Google is your friend if you know how to use it
Search

Adults with university degree by country

1 Like

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Shattuck(m): 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2020
Nigerians doing well academically in america does not truly reflect Nigeria to be honest the embassy uses selection process you have a hugh population wanting to migrate they just select the most academically qualified,win for america a big loss for Nigeria.it's still a nice one though
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by CSTR2: 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
tricksters:
You should at least have the decency to shut up your foolish Igbo mouth then ?!
Sometime, wisdom means being silent in the face of foolishness.
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by 0m0nnakoda: 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
it's still a nice one though

Nice how?
What is "nice" about it
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by CSTR2: 8:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
BTW, nobody is interested in how many degrees you have.
That will not give the Nigerian diaspora leverage.

If Nigeria is a shitthole, then you are at best an asylum seeker in the eyes of America.

China and India have degrees too. But their real leverage is tied to the power of their native economy.
Nigerian leverage to America ended with the shale revolution.

Infosys an Indian company handles the entire US visa process, and is a strategic technical partner to IBM and Accenture.

That is real leverage.

There is no Nigerian company on that level. Big mouth and nothing else.
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by CSTR2: 8:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
90% of the top 20 companies in America have Indian CEOs, while Nigerians are slaving in the lower rung of corporate America.

Truth is bitter. Nigeria has no leverage.

2 Likes

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by CSTR2: 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
As long as Nigeria is a shitt stain, then you are at best an asylum seeker anywhere else in the world.

Is there any Nigerian company in America that employs 1000 people?

And you want respect.? I laugh.

1 Like

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
chozzy:

Exactly what came to my mind.
Their leader back home is a complete dumb ass, a shithole

It's the people that are a dumb ass. They knew he has no certificate yet they voted for him. He knew how confused Nigerians are
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Gertyman: 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by supercase1(m): 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
SLAP44:
U na really slap grin
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by xtun(m): 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
0m0nnakoda:
I do not see this as impressive
It reflects, to a large degree, systematic drainage of our best brains over many years
Nothing to celebrate
It reflects selective immigration over the years Our best brains are bleeding from us

which best brain bleeding...abeg shift joor...dey are best brain because they had quality education... Give nigerians quality education and you will see best brains...not the so called brats of rich nigerian politicians
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by ScotMisile: 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
chozzy:

Sold to us by the SW
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by supercase1(m): 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
voltron14:

Take the lies to your last days on earth.

It would not change the fact that Buhari attended the US War college, has been to the states, has been lauded by many international Generals, whilst you and perhaps nobody in your family would ever achieve any of those heights.
my friend buhari no get wassce certificate we are talking about school not war college
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by voltron14: 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
supercase1:

my friend buhari no get wassce certificate we are talking about school not war college

Tell the story to your children before you leave this earth.

At least if you tell a lie a million times it may turn out to be the truth somehow.
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by 0m0nnakoda: 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
xtun:

which best brain bleeding...abeg shift joor...dey are best brain because they had quality education... Give nigerians quality education and you will see best brains...not the so called brats of rich nigerian politicians
My sincere advice to you is to seek out your intellectual peers before commenting.
I am not very patient with unintelligent people

Even if you face that challenge must you flaunt it? Must you talk?
You see a post which you barely comprehend and then start growling and snarling like an oestral canine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by 4gunners(m): 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
chozzy:

Are you not a Nigerian?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
These are the kinda news that makes Niggerians nut
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by voltron14: 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
CSTR2:
90% of the top 20 companies in America have Indian CEOs, while Nigerians are slaving in the lower rung of corporate America.

Truth is bitter. Nigeria has no leverage.

Which of the positions have you attained?
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by xtun(m): 9:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
All this people aguing rubbish..the fact reamains that buhari is a stalk old incompetent agely deseased dullard that has nothing to offer to Nigeria but some fools and zombies saw all this signs but still decided to vote him because of ethnicity, religion fanatism and hate....now they are complaining beta enjoy we die hia... btw i have come across many people that came out with first class but they are as dull and drab like an illiterate so spear me all this trash of US war school bulssshit....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uniabuja Female Student Died While Escaping From Robbers (photo) / Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations / Nigerian-British Student Designs A Cathedral With Cereal Boxes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.