Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) (37594 Views)

Two Nigerian-Americans Elected To US National Engineering Academy / Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video / How Some Students Improve Their Academic Learning Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by DexterousOne(m): 7:59am On Feb 17, 2020
voltron14:

Take the lies to your last days on earth.

It would not change the fact that Buhari attended the US War college, has been to the states, has been lauded by many international Generals, whilst you and perhaps nobody in your family would ever achieve any of those heights.

Buhari is an illiterate who entered the army with forged certificate undecided
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by DexterousOne(m): 8:16am On Feb 17, 2020
CSTR2:
90% of the top 20 companies in America have Indian CEOs, while Nigerians are slaving in the lower rung of corporate America.

Truth is bitter. Nigeria has no leverage.

I wont say Nigerians have no leverage per se

I'll say Nigerians can do much better than they are currently

The colonial mentality has to be expunged
Amd the black man mentality prevalent in most Nigerians need to be expunged too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Ajibade123(m): 8:27am On Feb 17, 2020
we are naturally smart na but one thing is sure they won't have attained all those feat if they were to be studying in Nigeria

see digital skills you need as a librarian to stay relevant
https://explicitsuccess.com/digital-librarian-skills/

1 Like

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by EmmymTr(m): 8:41am On Feb 17, 2020
Yet in our own country, the university system treats undergraduates as people who dont know anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by ajl: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2020
This amount to nothing. Nigerians and blacks generally only believe in individual achievements and do not do things collectively as other migrants. So they hold no collective economic or political power as the Asians, Indians, Jews and others. To me it's all nothing. In fact in my opinion "they" are not well regarded as a bloc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by ajl: 9:02am On Feb 17, 2020
Em5:
So, my supervisor in a new place I work here in the United States asked me where I was from the other day and I replied him Nigeria and he said he never heard of the country and the conversation pretty much ended there.

So two days later he walked straight to my table and asked me directly what's your qualification? I told him I hold a Masters degree, he asked me in what area, and I told him. I saw the surprise in his eyes and he dragged a sit and sat in front of my desk and started to tell me how he decided to look up Nigeria the previous day and how he was surprised he never heard of such a country which recent local statistics has confirmed are the most educated immigrants in the US. And to think that most of the workers here are pretty much High school (Secondary school) graduates and here I was humbly doing my job as though we were mates academically.

What I don't know and I didn't ask him was if he also found out how corrupt my home country is and I really hoped he didnt read that part. Since then he has been relating with me with elevated regard.

This may sound a bit harsh but it's an attempt to challenge you. You find yourself, a Master degree holder, working among mostly high school certificate holders. Now get your ass together no matter how challenging it is and aspire to a career that fits your academic qualifications and aspirations. In the 90s, I washed and cleaned toilets somewhere in the West, worked at Macdonalds cleaning kitchen, spent a summer doing demolition work and constructing railway line. But less than a decade later I was rubbing minds with academic elites somewhere in North America, and few more years I worked in a top energy company exclusively within a group of PhDs. Believe you deserve more and don't relent if you think and believe that. As interesting as this narrative sound, I have also stumbled in attempts to even go further into more financial independence as this is the ultimate. But you must never stop trying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Dkyz(m): 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
voltron14:
Trump doesn't like them.

But watch how Nigerians that have never crossed our borders begin to support him.

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by drlateef: 12:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
SLAP44:
And they are ruled at home by a Man with no known certificate grin

Because those with certificates are corrupt or encourage corruption. Deziani served under Jonathan a PHD holder. She is still holed up in Britain, running away from justice after starching billions away from the treasury.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by drnoel: 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2020
voltron14:
Trump doesn't like them.

But watch how Nigerians that have never crossed our borders begin to support him.

That's what makes me really sick in the stomach. I know a lady who lives in the UK who has never been to the US but is an adamant supporter of Trump. I don't understand them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by voltron14: 2:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
drnoel:

That's what makes me really sick in the stomach. I know a lady who lives in the UK who has never been to the US but is an adamant supporter of Trump. I don't understand them

The black man has a problem, I mean a large number of black people do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by slowice(m): 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
Diaspora Nigerians re the future Nigeria..... Nigerians in Nigeria are mostly bad eggs, its the few good ones that ll partner the diaspora Nigerians and bring real change in the future..

2 Likes

Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Em5(m): 12:55am On Feb 25, 2020
ajl:

This may sound a bit harsh but it's an attempt to challenge you. You find yourself, a Master degree holder, working among mostly high school certificate holders. Now get your ass together no matter how challenging it is and aspire to a career that fits your academic qualifications and aspirations. In the 90s, I washed and cleaned toilets somewhere in the West, worked at Macdonalds cleaning kitchen, spent a summer doing demolition work and constructing railway line. But less than a decade later I was rubbing minds with academic elites somewhere in North America, and few more years I worked in a top energy company exclusively within a group of PhDs. Believe you deserve more and don't relent if you think and believe that. As interesting as this narrative sound, I have also stumbled in attempts to even go further into more financial independence as this is the ultimate. But you must never stop trying.

It's not harsh of you. Thank you for your opinion. I barely arrived here and am still trying to settle in. I know where I am going by God's grace. Meanwhile, unlike in Nigeria, many of the jobs here do not really need graduate degrees. Example, a job in any of the mobile carrier outlets (Sprint, AT&T, etc) doesn't requure graduate degree so u may find yourself working with High School graduates. Same applies to many Oil and Gas positions. Even in the banks in Nigeria, you find B.Sc. holders dragging teller jobs with OND holders.

When you find yourself in a strange land, most times, you start to crawl before walking and then running.
Re: Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
Mycommand:

Rubbish! If you had the same opportunity you will join the Nigerian Americans here. Go and complain to your corrupt politicians, who are busy enriching themselves with the people's money. Nigerians abroad remit billions of dollars each year to the likes of you for your daily survival and yet you are ungrateful. Go and read the history of the United States of America to be knowledgeable about the importance of "immigration." The United States of America is a nation of immigrants from all over the planet and will continue to be that way. Be mindful of how you condemn US citizenship as I highlighted in your comment. We are "America" proud!

Lest I forget, those (Awolowo, Azikiwe and Balewa) you referenced are people from privileged background and do not represent the faces of Nigerians that are being praised for their academic feat abroad. Many of them did "menial work" to pay for their university education and a host of other things; some of you in Nigeria won't do any of those kind of work for survival! You are just angry for nothing!
Homo hominid lupus. Your ignorance is your property and yours alone. It is your cancer so deal with it and stop churning your nightmare and mediocrity on Nigerians. Everyman is your equal in humanity. Don't ever appraise yourself or assume that you are living a better life in the state than the people back home in Nigeria. As long as you can't play a second fiddle to anyone, so you think Nigerians are the condemned to take your crap, obscured and dysfunctional ideology. With all your silly American dream and yet you are still full of hate. A black man hating the black race? You are a disappointment to your root and color. What gives you the impression that you are living a better life in the state than all the Nigerians back home in what your likes call a shit hole. Great mind sees and ceases opportunity to solve a problem, while average minds like you only go about to complain about what your government or people cannot offer you, hiding your mediocrity behind unfounded excuses. I think a narcissist white man need to come after your black ass and get you fried so your senses can come back to factory reset. Don't ever abuse your privilege else you may soon be tossed on the other side of the fence to see what the abused downtrodden faces and yet keep their cool. Every man is a subject of privilege. Nobody chooses his country of birth so don't expect me to capitulate when sentimental elements and tyrants like you trumpet your guts. Its either I help you amplify your demons or I help you diminish it. Lets, I forget how much have you remitted back home in Nigeria to your needy country men and village extract... I think am going too far, how much help and hand outs have you given to your needy immediate family and siblings As your moniker says it all, "Mycommand," you are a narcissist tyrants living in the land of liberty. You deserve to be repartrated back to Nigeria or where your black root could be because mugwump gobbledygook like you don't belong in the USA.... For the likes of you... Let tyrants everywhere tremble. Even if you were a professor of anthropology, I must be quick to put it to you that you are a dissapointment to history and to the entire black race. I expected better from your likes of egg head but here you wallow in the dance of shame and in the bliss and feast of ignorance. May you receive the light....!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mysterious snakes invade DELSU hostels / Which Subject Turns The Class This Way(photo)? / Tinubu Approves Buses For SUGs Nationwide, Rejects Arbitrary Increase Of Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.