Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial (10262 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Goofed By Staying Away From Parent's Burial / Jewish Worshippers Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parents' Burial Detained By Soldiers / I Never Said I Will Scatter Nnamdi Kanu Parent’s Burial – Abia Police CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Area4Area: 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
SLAP44:

They accused Peter Obi of betraying Jesus 3 times on the night of Crucifixion grin

He will always be accused and that has got nothing to do with him or IPOB, blame the people that hate Pete obi and IPOB alike. grin
If you say so
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by tsdarkside(m): 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
gidgiddy:

The votes PDP got in the North was for Atiku, not Obi. Nobody cares about vice-president in the North, they care about the president. GEJ's case was that he was leader of the ruling party of the time.

You dont seem to understand, there is no bridge to burn. There was never any bridge in the first place. Northerners will never vote an Igbo man into power no matter who that Igbo man is. Do you know why?

1) Most Igbos are Christians and most Northerners are muslims. The Koran does not encourage muslims to be ruled by non muslims. Just for be8ng a Christian, Obi has lost much of the votes of the North

2) Northerners have never really trusted Igbos with power. Last time an Igbo man was president, he didnt last 6 months in power before the Northerners kicked him out. For many Northerners, an Igbo man being in power is the worst thing that can ever happen

3)Northerners want to keep power for a long time after Buhari. They are not prepared in 2023 for Power to move South. Come 2023, they will rally behind another Northerner and vote massively for him just like they have done for Buhari.

Do you really believe that sny Northerner will ignore his own brother to vote an Igbo man like Obi? Its not happening

look at you....i dont even like obi myself and am not northerner....
has nothing to do with he is igbo,i just dont like him as a person....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Danishguy(m): 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2020
Area4Area:
When I saw the picture of him and Abaribe, I knew he really goofed.
Abaribe is already a senator for his constituency and only needs their votes but not national votes unlike Obi who might be going for the presidency or vice and needs votes from all zones.

He might just end up going for senate because he going for anything national is already dim.
We all can remember how pictures of the Hero beer was used against him in the last election because of the rising sun logo on it.
Common shut it

Thank God for Obi and his smartness, you just proofed to PDP that you are principled and BOLD.

The saboteurs in our midst, all those (anti Igbo APC dog heads) were are they today?

In Nigeria, the very day you turn your back on Ndigbo, is the very day calamity starts to cloud an already peaceful sojourn. Obi today is stronger than he ever was

Finally, the rising sun logo didn't do him any disservice, nothing really at all. If not better, he has won the hearts of all Ndigbo, in the land of Efulefus, the bold is king.

If only our leaders are as half balled like Obi and Abarebe, then who is who that can challenge or intimidate my people.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by SLAP44: 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
ashacot:

Gibberish. No longer northerners hates Igbo's but now wants power. Is it not same northerners that choose an Igbo VP in 1979? Did that same northerners not vote GEJ? now u are saying it is because he is in a ruling party. So what really changed the narrative?

Mtchew

I don't know why it's so difficult for you to understand something so simple, Peter Obi, or any other Igbo man knows they may never rule Nigeria again. Why trying to please those who you cannot please. At least his visit to Umuahia was hailed by all his brothers.

Why should he not follow his heart because of a vain hope of a non existent candidacy.

Abeg swerve. grin

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by SLAP44: 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
Danishguy:
Common shut it

Thank God for Obi and his smartness, you just proofed to PDP that you are principled and BOLD.

The saboteurs in our midst, all those (anti Igbo APC dog heads) were are they today?

In Nigeria, the very day you turn your back on Ndigbo, is the very day calamity starts to cloud an already peaceful sojourn. Obi today is stronger than he ever was

Finally, the rising sun logo didn't do him any disservice, nothing really at all. If not better, he has won the hearts of all Ndigbo, in the land of Efulefus, the bold is king.

If only our leaders are as half balled like Obi and Abarebe, then who is who that can challenge or intimidate my people.

Eggzactly! grin
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by gidgiddy: 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
ashacot:

Gibberish. No longer northerners hates Igbo's but now wants power. Is it not same northerners that choose an Igbo VP in 1979? Did that same northerners not vote GEJ? now u are saying it is because he is in a ruling party. So what really changed the narrative?

Mtchew

The Northerners do not care about who is VP, what they care about is the office of the president. Thats where the juice is.

GEJ's case was different, he was the incumbent president and leader of the ruling party. If GEJ had run for president of Nigeria without being the incumbent, he would have done badly in the North

No Igbo man has any chance of being president. Im an Igbo man but the truth must be told so that some of our people will not be lying to themselves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by SLAP44: 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
gidgiddy:

The Northerners do not care about who is VP, what they care about is the office of the president. Thats where the juice is.

GEJ's case was different, he was the incumbent president and leader of the ruling party. If GEJ had run for president of Nigeria without being the incumbent, he would have done badly in the North

No Igbo man has any chance of being president. Im an Igbo man but the truth must be told so that some of our people will not be lying to themselves

Orji Kalu lied to himself a lot, where is he today?

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Area4Area: 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2020
Danishguy:
Common shut it

So you stating your point without insult is a crime from where you come from? I won't tolerate it next time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Area4Area: 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
gidgiddy:

I think I agree with you on this, if Obi is not going for any of those positions then no big deal about his going to the burial, no problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by SLAP44: 6:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
Area4Area:
I think I agree with you on this, if Obi is not going for any of those positions then no big deal about his going to the burial, no problem.

Plus, people like the OP would still have opened this type of thread if Obi and Abaribe didn't attend

"All Igbo leaders and politicians shun Nnamdi Kanu fathers burial"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Collins4u1(m): 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
You reason with your scrotum. Why are you politicizing a burial ceremony
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Crayonforest: 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
SLAP44:
I know you will never understand the SE, that's why you are talking this rubbish.

ANY POLITICIAN OF IGBO EXTRACTION WHO DOESN'T FIND A WAY TO ALIGN WITH IPOB HAS GOT NO ROOTS IN IGBOLAND.

Such a person will lose his roots. It's better to win your base and lose outside than win outside and lose inside.

Peter Obi is smart.
Tell him again
He don't understand the Igbos
Igbos don't care who you are if you don't care who they are. Igbos are not ass lickers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Lawdis(m): 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
ashacot:
Peter Obi gooffed for attending the burial of Nnamdi kanu's parent. He Obi is nursing the ambition to contest the next presidential election. Going to the burial or a FUGITIVE and a secessionists is very wrong. Obi just armed his rivals what to use against him in 2023 elwction. All they will do is to distribute picture of obi attending the burial of an unrepentant secessionists who is doing everything to break the country. They may accuse him of trying to win the presidency position to break the country .

I am not saying obi shouldn't have sympathize with the Kings family but he should have done it differently by sending message across.

What obi needs right now is to build bridges not indirectly burning them. Most people will see him as an IPOB ALLY NOW and he wants to rule Nigeria

....please drink to quench your thirst

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by wingmanIII: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
Even if he didn't attend,would you assure him of the presidency? Useless hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Ugwuoke347(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
ashacot:
Peter Obi gooffed for attending the burial of Nnamdi kanu's parent. He Obi is nursing the ambition to contest the next presidential election. Going to the burial or a FUGITIVE and a secessionists is very wrong. Obi just armed his rivals what to use against him in 2023 elwction. All they will do is to distribute picture of obi attending the burial of an unrepentant secessionists who is doing everything to break the country. They may accuse him of trying to win the presidency position to break the country .

I am not saying obi shouldn't have sympathize with the Kings family but he should have done it differently by sending message across.

What obi needs right now is to build bridges not indirectly burning them. Most people will see him as an IPOB ALLY NOW and he wants to rule Nigeria

You must be a fool
of first hand variety
for writing those recklessly
unintelligent lines.

I was at the funeral myself.
And I can tell you
for free that,
with that singular symbolic act,
Peter Obi has redeemed himself
just in time.
The future is very
heavy and dense.
Those with some wisdom
are already making amends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by nijabazaar: 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
tsdarkside:

try it....
you cant break up nigeria without a war....!!

why is that soo hard for you to understand....??
you think people that have stuffs already will allow it....??

look....let me tell you something....
while biafra war was raging in east,their were still igbos living in lagos....
i saw the video on youtube....television interview back then....

its up to you to keep on chasin nothing....

With the way igbos are behaving lately , I don't think they are naive to think secession won't be wrought via war. I don't think they are afraid of it either...

I think also, that the powers that be in the world would be glad if such a situation occurs. I mean they are always pinning for Nigeria to disintegrate. Which is a good thing in itself

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Stillthebest: 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
kiss

And have you forgotten that of IPOB succeeds , Obi will be one of the people to be considered as their supreme leader??

By and large, if he contests next election, he would have his ground support..
It is a game!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by ignis: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
What an ignorant post.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
He did no wrong at least he was open about it unlike our brother Dr Kalu who condemn them publicly but privately they are paddy paddy ....All I know is that Nigeria need a incredible leader.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by oglalasioux(m): 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2020
OP's writing makes it look like it was Nnamdi Kanu's burial Peter Obi attended.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by ludd2018: 8:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
Obi is smart . Any politician in Igbo land who does not identify with Ipob directly or indirectly is making a mistake . Ipob is the future of Igbos

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Emilokoiyawon: 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
Rubbish. First of all, Obi can never become Nigeria's president. Not in this life time. Secondly, Miyetti Allah is an unofficial terrorist organisation and no Fulani statesman has publicly dissociate from them.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by blasted12: 8:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
obailala:
I agree with the OP. Obi is already loved in the east, he needs to focus more on winning other regions. If Obi gets the ticket to run in 2023, whether he attended this burial or not, he would still get full and undiluted support from Igbos and all IPOB members. Attending the burial has only given room for unnecessary campaign of calumny against him by other regions in future elections. For political expediency, he could have still aligned with ipob without physically being present on the front seat.
Now this is a guy who reasons without emotions. It was politically incorrect for Obi to have put in an appearance at that funeral considering that his political enemies will sure use it against him. Obi seeks national office and openly aligning with IPOB can only be a negative to his quest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by PDJT: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
tsdarkside:

ipob are is people....??
haha....if you understood how much disdain nigerians have for ipob....

is it only igbos that will vote....??

-As an Indigenous People of Biafra member, I used to be indifferent about Mr. Obi, but not anymore. I admire his sense of responsibility to attend the funeral and show his respect. May Chukwu Okike Abiama continue to bless him and his family. But he and other sons of Igboland should stop wasting their hard-earned cash on Nigerian politics. If any Igbo child cannot aspire to become president in Nigeria, what is there for him to fight for other than for his own Nation?

-As for Nigeria election, forget it. You have capable Fulanis to chose from, that is if your hero “Buhari” decides not to continue his dictatorship.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by PDJT: 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2020
blasted12:
Now this is a guy who reasons without emotions. It was politically incorrect for Obi to have put in an appearance at that funeral considering that his political enemies will sure use it against him. Obi seeks national office and openly aligning with IPOB can only be a negative to his quest

-Why worry about Mr. Obi, when you have capable Fulanis to chose from?

-There is nothing in Nigeria for any Igbo person. Fact!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Niaja4real(m): 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2020
ashacot:

You sounded stupid and nonsensical
The most silly & idiotic post I have seen in resent times.
Perhaps Obi should stop going to his home state & maybe he should equally stop to live in the house he built in Igbo land so that he be President.
Your foolishness is indeed, legendary.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Obiobidgbo14: 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
Area4Area:
As for me, Obi shouldn't have been seen around the burial no matter how close he's to the family, he could send his condolences away from the eye of the public especially if he's eyeing the position of the president or vice. Well he still has a great chance in the NASS.
.Sorry,because he went for the burial ceremony of a traditional ruler that is why we should forget all his qualities.Nigeria go survive.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Bekool(m): 8:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
ashacot:

This op is very dumb upstairs buhari openly defended bokoharam during his campaigns yet he was elected president. Obi only attended the burial ceremony of nmk father who is a very influential king in igboland he has not openly supported the activities of ipob so why bring this up? Some people reasons from their anus.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Jman24(m): 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
Area4Area:
As for me, Obi shouldn't have been seen around the burial no matter how close he's to the family, he could send his condolences away from the eye of the public especially if he's eyeing the position of the president or vice. Well he still has a great chance in the NASS.

Whether obi attends or not, you and I know a South easterner cannot even emerge as presidential candidate of ApC or PDP ..so what's your point exactly.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by poiZon: 9:08pm On Feb 16, 2020
Area4Area:
You are talking as if you're not a Nigerian, politics where people are ready to dig up your past inorder to undermine you.
Meanwhile you and I perfectly understand this as just attending a burial, wait when campaign starts and his opponents start splashing everything around
All d digging on buhari did it stop him from becoming the presideNt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Father Of Three Arrested For Defiling Underaged Boys In Edo / NLC Mobilises For Protests Against Fuel Price Hike On Jan. 27th, Feb. 1st / Radio Biafra Hacked: Listeners Entertained With Provocative Hausa Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.