Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial (10505 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Goofed By Staying Away From Parent's Burial / Jewish Worshippers Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parents' Burial Detained By Soldiers / I Never Said I Will Scatter Nnamdi Kanu Parent’s Burial – Abia Police CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by wirinet(m): 8:41am On Feb 17, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
Rubbish! It’s not as if you nasty bigots would be falling over yourselves to vote for him in 2023 if he decides to contest! The one he contested in 2019 without going to any ‘forbidden burial ceremony’, didn’t you declare Atiku guilty-by-association for picking a ‘nyamuree/okoro’ as his running mate?
Even though he declared Atiku guilty-by-association for picking a ‘nyamuree/okoro, didn't the association yield over 40% of votes in South West and a substantial number of votes in the north? I would have even speculated that the association won the elections if not for wuru wuru by inec. This was an association that was created by Obasanjo - a Yoruba man.

If Obi identities with secession (which is his right), he has no business contesting for Vice President.

Another issue is since kanu based his struggle on hatred of Hausa Fulanis and Yorubas, it would be unreasonable to expect the Yorubas and Hausa Fulanis to vote for a man that supports Kanu.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by PFRB: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2020
tsdarkside:

ipob are is people....??
haha....if you understood how much disdain nigerians have for ipob....

is it only igbos that will vote....??
The Nigerians you talk about are you and your boko haram lovers.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by ForbesHomesNG(m): 9:10am On Feb 17, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
Peter obi is a rare gem....

Op just shut up
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Alitair(m): 9:13am On Feb 17, 2020
yudee233:
I think it was the burial of a traditional ruler and not Nnamdi Kanu, even NTA was on ground to cover the event
Traditional ruler who happened to be the father of the IPOB chief agitator
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by ObereEmma: 10:15am On Feb 17, 2020
He is an Igbo man ... Only a man from Western Nigeria will do that because hearsay. He know what people will say yet he went there.

Moral of Lesson- Your people are your people whether presidency or not.

Another lesson- Igbos dont live thier lives to please an hausa man.

Finally your myiopic brain thinks IPOB is all about Nnamdi Kanu.. You guys are Wrong IPOB is bigger than Kanu and its a worldwide group. Stop reasoning like your president.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by oyatz(m): 11:43am On Feb 17, 2020
slam7000:

Tinubu wouldn’t do that but then Obi isn’t the only Igbo politician and Obi isn’t a Tinubu. Tinubu might lie, deceive and betray to preserve his political ambitions. For someone like Obi, he is a grown man, responsible for his actions and do not have to be a hypocrite and selfish to achieve his aims. I believe that history will vindicate such people....from his Apga days, he never relented, was consistent and resilient unlike the scenario that plays now where politicians carpet cross, jump ship like the PDP law makers in Imo state.
Obi dumped Apga but he has given us enough to judge his character.

He should be proud to have identified himself with the Kanus.

It’s not all about Aso Rock and presidency. There is life and fulfilment outside politics but lots of politicians in Nigeria won’t survive without politics... you’ll see such individuals displaying exotic cars, wives and children and sub-standard constituency projects.

Do you think Mr Obi isn’t aware of all these before attending the funeral. That’s a man you can trust. That’s a man who won’t betray you.

What brought Tinubu into this matter sir?
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by slam7000(m): 11:49am On Feb 17, 2020
oyatz:

What brought Tinubu into this matter sir?

Everything.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by oyatz(m): 11:57am On Feb 17, 2020
Amumaigwe:

But the distribution of Buhari's comment on the media about his desire for the total implementation of Sharia in Nigeria (this also happens to align with the vision of Boko Haram), did not stop him from winning presidency. Which is supposed to scandalize Nigerian voters more: Obi associating with the parents of the IPOB leader or Buhari agreeing with Boko Haram ideology?

Let me explain one truth to you:

You don't win or lose an election because of ONLY one factor but because of the sum total of certain actions.

1) The campaign of calumny worked against Buhari and were part of the reasons for his failures in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

2) In 2015 and 2019, the campaign of calumny against Buhari made many people to vote for the PDP, however these times around there were certain political heavy weights in many States who despite these known flaws of Buhari still worked for his success in their various States.

The culmination of all these propelled Buhari into power.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
ashacot:

You wanna play national politics? You have to be smart. Ipob with Nnamdi KANU has insulted virtually all tribes in the country. They have been very vocal in their insults. The best obi would have done is to avoid the burial and send message across on a low.

Imagine obi eventually getting the PDP ticket in 2023. All APC need to do is to just display or distribute his picture with ipob to northerners and westerners.

He should learn to play smart.

Its same politics you all been playing since 1960
Has it changed anything?

THE ANSWER IS NO

You can't be doing same thing over and over again and expect a different RESULT

The governor that took picture with herdsmen militia in the north WILL HE LOSS ELECTIONS BECAUSE THERE IS A PICTURE OF HIM WITH FULANI MILITIA

THE ANSWER IS NO

UNTIL YOU ALL LEARN YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF POLITICS IS DIFFERENT FROM THEIRS AND EXIT NIGERIA

SOUTHERN POLITICIANS WILL ONLY BE IN THE SHADOWS OF NORTHERN POLITICIANS

BECAUSE WHAT YOU'RE SCARED TO DO IN SECRET....THEY DO MORE THAN THAT IN OPEN AND NO HELL WILL BREAK LOSS

STOP FIGHTING SO HARD TO APPEASE THE NORTH BY DENYING OR REFUSING TO IDENTIFY WITH YOUR OWN BECAUSE THEY RATHER IDENTIFY WITH BOKOHARAM THAN YOU AND STILL WIN ELECTION
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by oyatz(m): 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
slam7000:

Everything.

Tinubu is not a PDP man, he is not a supporter of IPOB (and probably doesn't even know the royal couple) and he is not from the S/East.

Why bringing him into this discussion for unnecessary comparison?

#People constantly talk about a man they fear most or worried about most of the time.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by tsdarkside(m): 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
PFRB:

The Nigerians you talk about are you and your boko haram lovers.

he only needs igbo votes to win....??

why are you people busy now showin everbody else the middle finger....??
you igbos think they will forget when elections comes....??

i dont believe in forgive and forget and you shouldnt await it from others either....
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by oyatz(m): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
ChristianNorth:

It has.

You rarely spread hate here like other Yoruba Christians. Yoruba Moslems are so predictable here that we always know when a comment is made by one.

Bros it seems you take posts on Nairaland very serious.

You see, Nairaland is a forum which is now being visited regularly by many frustrated guys and this is where they vent their frustrations for fellow frustrated guys to read and reply them.

The way I see it, most of the tribal e-warriors on Nairaland are either insane, on drugs or deeply frustrated.

Fortunately, they have no say in the political equation of their wards let alone that of Nigeria as a whole. Many of them don't even vote.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by slam7000(m): 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2020
oyatz:

Tinubu is not a PDP man, he is not a supporter of IPOB (and probably doesn't even know the royal couple) and he is not from the S/East.

Why bringing him into this discussion for unnecessary comparison?

#People constantly talk about a man they fear most or worried about most of the time.

If anyone is worried or should be worried of Tinubu, it’d have to be his colleagues in politics.

Peter Obi is one of many Igbo politicians but he is not among my top 5 Igbo politicians to be in Aso Rock.

In future, this incident will be the focal point for comparing the political ‘savvy south west’ and the politically ‘naive south east’. You can’t discuss or think of politics in the south west today without mentioning or thinking of Tinubu.

You understand my drift. Obi being present at Nnamdi Kanu’s dad funeral is interesting and will continue to be. This is a man that’s nursing ambition to be in Aso Rock one day but he was seen at pa Kanu’s funeral...what comes to mind here?? Ipob, Nnamdi Kanu, hate speech, Biafra, terrorism, secession. Did Obi not know all these before going there??
You’d expect the younger Osita Chidoka who tried to exploit Nnamdi Kanu’s fame or notoriety depending on which side that you are...to be there at the funeral but he avoided it. Was he wise, smart, politically savvy or a hypocrite?

Politicians face situations that test their characters as well their ‘political smartness’. Maybe this is Obi’s test. He might have failed a political smartness or savvy test but his character remains intact. For that I’ll pick him over the Nwodos, Chidoka, Nnamani etc...

How is this linked to Tinubu? Tinubu was at Pa Reuben Fasoranti’s daughter Funke Olukunrin’s funeral. The whole atmosphere was tensed with anger, frustrations about herdsmen which I think is an offshoot of Fulani bandits and bokoharam causing trouble in the south. Locals have encountered these people. It’s been trails of blood, tears and anger.

Tinubu was there, he made a speech. He defended the Fulania/miyetti allah, he couldn’t summon courage to vent his anger on the killer herdsmen/bandit. He was right. It might not be the Fulanis but he has to mention Evans. There must be a fall guy. He also asked for the cows.

You asked why I mentioned Tinubu. I asked you, why would Tinubu mention Evans?

He might have passed his political savvy test to preserve his ambitions but this man would fail character test any day. He is not to be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by Dedetwo(m): 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2020
ashacot:
Peter Obi gooffed for attending the burial of Nnamdi kanu's parent. He Obi is nursing the ambition to contest the next presidential election. Going to the burial or a FUGITIVE and a secessionists is very wrong. Obi just armed his rivals what to use against him in 2023 elwction. All they will do is to distribute picture of obi attending the burial of an unrepentant secessionists who is doing everything to break the country. They may accuse him of trying to win the presidency position to break the country .

I am not saying obi shouldn't have sympathize with the Kings family but he should have done it differently by sending message across.

What obi needs right now is to build bridges not indirectly burning them. Most people will see him as an IPOB ALLY NOW and he wants to rule Nigeria

You are so petrified about the disintegration of Nigeria, a player such as Peter Obi could be unifying figure you need for Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi Made A Terrible Mistake Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parent Burial by oyatz(m): 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
slam7000:

If anyone is worried or should be worried of Tinubu, it’d have to be his colleagues in politics.

Peter Obi is one of many Igbo politicians but he is not among my top 5 Igbo politicians to be in Aso Rock.

In future, this incident will be the focal point for comparing the political ‘savvy south west’ and the politically ‘naive south east’. You can’t discuss or think of politics in the south west today without mentioning or thinking of Tinubu.

You understand my drift. Obi being present at Nnamdi Kanu’s dad funeral is interesting and will continue to be. This is a man that’s nursing ambition to be in Aso Rock one day but he was seen at pa Kanu’s funeral...what comes to mind here?? Ipob, Nnamdi Kanu, hate speech, Biafra, terrorism, secession. Did Obi not know all these before going there??
You’d expect the younger Osita Chidoka who tried to exploit Nnamdi Kanu’s fame or notoriety depending on which side that you are...to be there at the funeral but he avoided it. Was he wise, smart, politically savvy or a hypocrite?

Politicians face situations that test their characters as well their ‘political smartness’. Maybe this is Obi’s test. He might have failed a political smartness or savvy test but his character remains intact. For that I’ll pick him over the Nwodos, Chidoka, Nnamani etc...

How is this linked to Tinubu? Tinubu was at Pa Reuben Fasoranti’s daughter Funke Olukunrin’s funeral. The whole atmosphere was tensed with anger, frustrations about herdsmen as we call the offshoot of Fulani bandits and bokoharam causing trouble in the south. Locals have encountered these people. It’s been trails of blood, tears and anger.

Tinubu was there, he made a speech. He couldn’t summon courage to vent his anger on the killer herdsmen/bandit. He was right. It might not be the Fulanis but he has to mention Evans. He asked for the cows.

You asked why I mentioned Tinubu. I asked you, why would Tinubu mention Evans?

He might have passed his political savvy test to preserve his ambitions but this man would fail character test any day. He is not to be trusted.

You don't seems to get my point.

Why bringing Tinubu into this discussion?

Tinubu is just one man out of about 1000 politicians in Nigeria.

What makes one politician distinct from the 1000 politicians?

The topic is NOT about Tinubu, whether Tinubu is to be trusted or not. It's not whether his character is good or bad.

Why did you not mention Bode George, El-Rufai, Atiku, Amaechi or Tambuwal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Governors To Hold An Emergency Meeting / 2023: Appeal Court Reinstates Lawal-Dare As Zamfara PDP Governorship Candidate / Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.