Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race (6051 Views)

APC, Buhari Should Withdraw From Presidential Race - Fayose / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by Abagworo(m): 11:45pm On Dec 15, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Citing the collective decision by Igbo leaders from the South-east geo-political zone to wait for 2015 presidency, former governor of Abia State and leading presidential aspirant of Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA), Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, has withdrawn from the 2011 presidential race.

Kalu, who had, while declaring his intention to contest the highest office in the land, said the hardship and despair across the landscape, occasioned by poor governance was what motivated him to go into the race, explained that as a proud Igbo son, he decided to submit himself to the decision of the leaders of the zone.

Though he disagreed with the decision that the Igbo nation should wait till 2015, when there were able and qualified people from the zone, including him, that could bring the desired turn around to the nation, Kalu said “as a committed Igbo man, having consulted widely, I therefore have to adhere to the decision made by Igbo leaders and the Igbo nation till such a time when we reach a consensus to produce a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction.”

Dr. Kalu, in a statement signed by him in Abuja yesterday said he had deferred to the prominent Igbo leaders in such groups as Ohaneze Ndigbo, Aka Ikenga, Igbo Peoples Forum (IPF), South-east Political Leaders and others, who have studied the prevailing situation and came to the conclusion that the Igbo should gear up for the presidency in 2015.
The former governor argued that the poverty and the despair that pervaded the land in the midst of abundant God-given endowments, were direct reactions to the general poor governance and that for him, “the quest to provide leadership at the highest level can only be worth its while when we can appropriately replace the hopelessness, despair and despondency of today with hope and equal assurance that the imperfections of our past would challenge our creative instinct to re-direct the developmental pulse of the nation towards a progressive path.”

Kalu said that while offering himself to serve, he relied on his assurances of his ability in conjunction with like minds to provide leadership needed to lift the nation moreso when “some of us have made things work at the micro level of government with limited resources, there is no reason why such successes cannot be replicated at the macro national level.”

Thanking Nigerians of all strata both at home and in the diaspora, for the belief in him and the support given to his aspiration and quest to lead the nation, Kalu said he would ready to contribute his quota to the task of developing the nation to the level all envisioned.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/16/national-16-12-2010-002.htm
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by jason12345: 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2010
was he ever in the race undecided grin
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by mynaija123(m): 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2010
Finally, our igbo brothers now know their place south south all the  way. grin grin grin grin

GOODLUCK FOR PRESIDENT.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by Realestdude: 12:54am On Dec 16, 2010
@ jason: my thoughts exactly!
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by chyz(m): 1:02am On Dec 16, 2010
This is the real reason why kalu is not running and is now coming to the Igbo for help. He was thrown out of power of his own political group lol embarassed:

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/21515.html
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by GNaija: 1:08am On Dec 16, 2010
Nonsense! He withdrew because he had no chance.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by McCoy91(m): 1:16am On Dec 16, 2010
Intelligent man jor. Why waste your money when you know you don't stand a chance. Consult ko, igbo leaders ni. 2015, ke. Accept your fate, mahn. You'll never rule 9ja, not that your the worse than most.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by OchiAgha2(m): 1:19am On Dec 16, 2010
mynaija123:

Finally, our igbo brothers now know their place south south all the  way. grin grin grin grin

What is that suppose to mean?  angry Sounds like something condescending if you ask me.

Orji Uzor Kalu never had a chance. What did he do for Abia State? The answer is nothing. This guy needs to be thrown in jail for life.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by aljharem(m): 1:20am On Dec 16, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

What is that suppose to mean? angry Sounds like something condescending if you ask me.

why are u angry, that is how ijaws see us igbos cry
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by jason12345: 1:22am On Dec 16, 2010
mynaija123:

GOODLUCK FOR PRESIDENT.

the SS is nothing without the igbos. fact!
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by slap1(m): 1:52am On Dec 16, 2010
alj harem:

why are u angry, that is how ijaws see us igbos cry
"Us Igbos?"
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by slap1(m): 1:57am On Dec 16, 2010
With Abia State already 'sold-out' to GEJ by Theodore Orji and the widespread dislike of Eunice, your mother, and yourself in your home state, I wonder where you ever wanted to start from.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by Blazay(m): 2:57am On Dec 16, 2010
Prolly get disqualified for whorring around in his Potomac mansion.
Have they found out what killed that his 'concubine'? wink
Good he withdrew. No telling what the autopsy revealed.
A lot of missing body parts.
Ritualist.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/mistress-mysteriously-dies-orji-kalus-potomac-mansion-police-still-investigating
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by aljharem(m): 3:04am On Dec 16, 2010
slap1:

"Us Igbos?"

yes angry
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by OchiAgha2(m): 3:54am On Dec 16, 2010
alj harem:

yes angry

You can't be considered Igbo if your father is not Igbo. That is the only way you will be considered an Igbo. Sorry
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by chyz(m): 3:57am On Dec 16, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

You can't be considered Igbo if your father is not Igbo. That is the only way you will be considered an Igbo. Sorry

Gbam!
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by dinggle: 4:05am On Dec 16, 2010
I sorry for my country. Ibos will be foolish if they think they would be handed a pot of fried rice. If GEJ wins he is going to take his 8yrs and the goal post will be shifted once more for the Ibos! As soon as GEJ is done, North will cry that they want power back, and they will beg Ibos for just 4yrs once they get it they will take their 8yrs full time! as soon as the North is done, Yoruba will come and say they Igbos loosed guard and they were mumu in allow North to come back before them, hence the North has taken Ibo's shared slot, hence the Igbo man will have to wait for another circle. Yoruba man will promise to allow Ibos import pure water  grin, chewing gum cheesy and even broom. Ibo business men at Alaba and onitsha we shout Owa! and give yoruba go ahead to run. But that will be the last wait before Ibo man will  pull out his Biafra flag again grin! There is always something to laugh about in Nigeria.

*Yorubas pull solidarity gathering and remind the nation they are educated when angry
*Hausa pulls out their gun and threaten Nigerians of Military take over when angry.
*Ibo man pulls out his Biafra flag and threaten to print Biafra currencies in Togo and Cotonu.
*Niger-Delta man wears mask and goes to the creek and calls CNN to come and see how oil killed the fishes he planed to eat.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by horror2000(m): 4:07am On Dec 16, 2010
Let him withdraw. Other people will contest.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by mixoull(m): 4:12am On Dec 16, 2010
Kalu got personal agenda that will be revealed soon. Na wetin go yield am profit e wun stick to,Igbomaney all the way.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by aljharem(m): 4:14am On Dec 16, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

why can't i

before my grand mother die, she introduced me to my other family members

so u cannot tell me if i am igbo or not because i do not follow some of ur views angry

my family is in anambra east local government
otuocha to be specific
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by aljharem(m): 4:15am On Dec 16, 2010
chyz:

Gbam!

gbamish angry
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by OchiAgha2(m): 4:58am On Dec 16, 2010
alj harem,

This is Igbo customs, which has been around for thousands of years. You are only Igbo if your father is Igbo. Stop trying to be something you are not. And I think it is very disrespectful to say you are one, even though your father is not. Now shut up about it.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by aljharem(m): 5:08am On Dec 16, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

alj harem,

This is Igbo customs, which has been around for thousands of years. You are only Igbo if your father is Igbo. Stop trying to be something you are not. And I think it is very disrespectful to say you are one, even though your father is not. Now shut up about it.

so the elders that came from my maternal part of anambra are disrespectful

u are sick,,,,u have no sort to respect in ur head angry angry
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 16, 2010
Everybody is just resigning.

Is IBB even still alive? The SW don shege for him, let him try one of his "political" shenanigans there again  angry
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by andyprez(m): 6:21am On Dec 16, 2010
dinggle:

I sorry for my country. Ibos will be foolish if they think they would be handed a pot of fried rice. If GEJ wins he is going to take his 8yrs and the goal post will be shifted once more for the Ibos! As soon as GEJ is done, North will cry that they want power back, and they will beg Ibos for just 4yrs once they get it they will take their 8yrs full time! as soon as the North is done, Yoruba will come and say they Igbos loosed guard and they were mumu in allow North to come back before them, hence the North has taken Ibo's shared slot, hence the Igbo man will have to wait for another circle. Yoruba man will promise to allow Ibos import pure water  grin, chewing gum cheesy and even broom. Ibo business men at Alaba and onitsha we shout Owa! and give yoruba go ahead to run. But that will be the last wait before Ibo man will  pull out his Biafra flag again grin! There is always something to laugh about in Nigeria.

*Yorubas pull solidarity gathering and remind the nation they are educated when angry
*Hausa pulls out their gun and threaten Nigerians of Military take over when angry.
*Ibo man pulls out his Biafra flag and threaten to print Biafra currencies in Togo and Cotonu.
*Niger-Delta man wears mask and goes to the creek and calls CNN to come and see how oil killed the fishes he planed to eat.

[b][/b]
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by PastorOla1: 6:22am On Dec 16, 2010
What do you expect!!!!!!!
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by donfiazo(m): 6:30am On Dec 16, 2010
hiohiohiohioakpan. I laff in Calabar
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by birdman(m): 6:31am On Dec 16, 2010
I cant believe this. He was easily the most qualified candidate and had the best shot of winning. Wow
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by donfiazo(m): 6:33am On Dec 16, 2010
hiohiohiohioakpan. I laff in Calabar
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by ReachRich(m): 6:45am On Dec 16, 2010
dinggle:

hahahahahahahahaha.Lolz.
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by Phate07(m): 6:48am On Dec 16, 2010

Dude made a wise decision. He knows he does not have a chance in the forthcoming elections. undecided
Re: Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race by Kobojunkie: 6:51am On Dec 16, 2010
^^ I would have preferred he spent some of that money he stole from us, campaigning and pumping it back into the economy, maybe generating funds for other sycophants out there. Would have been nice to see him loose in the end, and maybe hear how in the world he even thought he had a chance in hell. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Excessive Drugs Intake Has Damaged Tinubu’s Memory – Ikimi / France Protesting Against The Attacks Of Boko Haram!!! Shame On Nigerians / Buhari Storms Onitsha For Talk With South-east Bizmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.