Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 (21473 Views)

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH / We Will Increase Tariff From July 1 - AEDC Alerts Customers / FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
The way Buhari dey increase tax and tariff hope say him no go turn Nigerians into beggers before him tenure finish?
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
anonimi:

Very correct about leaders being the same as the followers in attitude, otherwise they won't be leaders.
Is the value/amount owed by a lot of ordinary Nigerians more than what VIPs and government MDAs owe?
Will increase in tariff improve compliance with bill payments or reduce compliance?
Think am well o.

The truth is, we may need to spend billions more than what we have in our reserve (one estimate put it at $900billion over 30 years) to get light 24/7.

And that means more money from our pocket, rich or poor.

Electricity isn't cheap. Yes, I hate saying that...but either we pay more, or we just keep on adding to our debt burden.
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by anonimi: 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
The truth is, we may need to spend billions more than what we have in our reserve (one estimate put it at $900billion over 30 years) to get light 24/7.
And that means more money from our pocket, rich or poor.
Electricity isn't cheap. Yes, I hate saying that...but either we pay more, or we just keep on adding to our debt burden.

You did not answer my questions about who owes more (VIPs plus government or the ordinary Nigerians) and whether increased tariff is the appropriate incentive for improved compliance.
Can you answer or you don't know how to answer them

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586643_img20190907180506979_jpeg225751fcc425bbabeef75d4bb0fdc40c

1 Like

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
anonimi:

You did not answer my questions about who owes more (VIPs plus government or the ordinary Nigerians) and whether increased tariff is the appropriate incentive for improved compliance.
Can you answer or you don't know how to answer them

My original values were from a newspaper article. It did not give figures on VIP and government debts to power. ...although from personal anectdoctal evidence...I know many MDA's owe lots of money.

The article focused on % of households in cities who were paying or not paying. And it is high.

Sorry, I can;t give you the answer you seek. I can only state what I know. And no, I ain't into this government, or the past one either.
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by anonimi: 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
My original values were from a newspaper article. It did not give figures on VIP and government debts to power. ...although from personal anectdoctal evidence...I know many MDA's owe lots of money.
The article focused on % of households in cities who were paying or not paying. And it is high.
Sorry, I can;t give you the answer you seek. I can only state what I know. And no, I ain't into this government, or the past one either.

I will take your anecdotal evidence.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Hottdawgg: 11:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
They are going to have more people defaulting and bypassing meter. Infact I intend to join them from April 1st if they dare increase tariff
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Enwhen(m): 11:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
datola:
The increase is inevitable though unpopular

Anybody wey say they must kill all Nigerians to.make alleged Evitable... All of una go die mysterous death, all of una generation will never know peace, strange death will.continie to strike your generation... God pass all of una, una no fit kill us... Presently I am sweating like Xmas goat because no light and end of the month I go pay some people wey no go die beta 40k .... Our sweat for money must always go after all of u, u.make things difficult for us without nothing to show for it, Tax , vat, stamp duty, police, chaiman, biz tax, federal.tax, state tax....phcn will.still.brinh rubbish.as bill, they have increase the tariff since January, it will.not be well with those of u supporting nonsense and those stealing our money

1 Like

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by thundafire: 11:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
Yet no power supply
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Comedian2019: 11:26pm On Feb 17, 2020
NERC for or against us, the people?
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by sacx: 11:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
Misleading headline. I had to read the post twice to be sure I didn't miss the point angry
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
This demonic govt of self-serving thieves and it's anti-people policies are pushing their luck too far!
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
fatymore:
Don't let me curse this people... Cos if I do someone will start saying is unwoman to curse wicked people.

No light, high tarrif

Abeg you are allowed to curse Buhari
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by PHijo(m): 12:28am On Feb 18, 2020
My solution, disconnect ALL private and public users from the national grid. Only corporations should be connected. Increase the tariff significantly and add only those who can afford. Adopt a pay as you use system.
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by igbsam(m): 12:28am On Feb 18, 2020
How many times have they increase tarrif in the last one year ? More than 5 times.

Idiots
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by TheStarsAlign: 12:37am On Feb 18, 2020
I don't even need to read the article, I know it's part of the NEXT LEVEL package. Some cows brain never reset! undecided

[Modified]
But really, this is supposed to be laissez-faire system? Why govt should have to determine price of goods/services in a free-market. What a country!

RIP, Economics
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by guru90: 12:37am On Feb 18, 2020
Low Tarrif, No light.

If they eventually increase it...believe me 5 months no light.

It will be once light in 3 months.
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by alezzy13: 12:42am On Feb 18, 2020
Which kin report is this? Are they or are they not??
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by alezzy13: 12:44am On Feb 18, 2020
PHijo:
My solution, disconnect ALL private and public users from the national grid. Only corporations should be connected. Increase the tariff significantly and add only those who can afford. Adopt a pay as you use system.

I hope this is a joke
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by DonX001: 12:58am On Feb 18, 2020
What kind of rubbish article is this that was brought to front page?? angry angry angry
Heading saying one thing, body of article saying something completely different.
These bloggers and their accomplice mods should try and have sense, this is becoming appalling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by PHijo(m): 1:03am On Feb 18, 2020
alezzy13:

I hope this is a joke

Drastic times require drastic measures!
You can't do things the same way for over 3 decades and expect a different result.
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Solomon888988: 1:43am On Feb 18, 2020
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by francisisking: 3:20am On Feb 18, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

It isn't just government agencies not paying...a lot of ordinary Nigerians aren't paying their bills...and yes, it is the very sad truth.

Many Nigerians do illegal connections, bypass the meter and refuse to pay their bills.

Thus DISCOS have problem raising funds...and this impacts on how they would be able to pay GENCOS....and so on.

(Add the fact that NERC is keeping prices low).

A reason why we are not developed is this 'victimology' mentality among Nigerians. And guess what, we carry it into power..which is why our leaders too have issues...like leaders, like followers.
any proof or just hearsay.
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Engrgreg231(m): 3:31am On Feb 18, 2020
What happens to improving electricity supply
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by francisisking: 3:33am On Feb 18, 2020
This people are taking us for granted too much in this country..... Is it because there are many cowards who are afraid to die? They cannot arrest everyone of us if we decide to fight back...
No light
No job
No good road
No good and affordable hospital for the old and the poor
No investment in education
Fuel we produce we still buy like we import it.
House rent is not affordable for the common man
No security for the citizen
No Justice for the poor.
No professionalism in govt organization only mediocrity through tribalism, favouritism and nepotism...
Yet we pay tax and we cannot enjoy the primary functions of govt in a country...
Why do we need govt when we provide those things listed above by ourselves and still pay tax.... Govt in Nigeria is a scam unless we fight we cannot get a working Nigeria.
My opinion though.
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Timtim007(f): 4:22am On Feb 18, 2020
Stupiddd people... They have done it already..Abuja distribution company brought a light bill of 27000 naira to my house..2 bedroom house,with just fridge and television..and iron..that we use once in while..
From 7k o angry

So if I am working and earning the new minimum wage..
I will just donate it to them..

Kai..this country ehhh

Anyways.. I am getting my meter..
Yan banza kowai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Bukky244: 4:46am On Feb 18, 2020
It will get to a boiling point soon.
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by keeycee: 5:37am On Feb 18, 2020
They have started the billing with new tariff in Owerri.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 18, 2020
cRobo:
Everything in Nigeria is on the increase yet no tangible development

They removed fuel subsidy increase VAT

Oluwa abeg increase my pocket
Dont worry when mr integrity has finished pighting kwarruption there would be steady power, jobs for all, zero terrorism, robbery, and kidnapping, good healthcare and quality education...finally #1 would equal $1
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Boo3nity(m): 7:13am On Feb 18, 2020
As a cashier in one of the Discos, I can authoritatively tell you that this tariff in question has been implemented since the 1st day of January this year!
Check n confirm it's the same units you get before that you still get with your new prepaid topups!!
Ask your marketer why your postpaid bills have incredulously sky-rocketed since the beginning of the year!!!
This is just a needless headline to distract your attention.
To all of you screaming n shouting A-P-shit last year, we've got about three more years to go.
Una never see anything!!!!

1 Like

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by dataking: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2020
PHijo:

Clap for yourself, idiota
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by PHijo(m): 8:11am On Feb 18, 2020
dataking:

Clap for yourself, idiota

You that have too much 'sense'! Why don't you have any solution? Some of you just want to talk!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Abakaliki Flyover Underconstruction / Security Agents At The Bomb-Making Factories In Borno / Scattered Body Parts Of Suicide Bombers Who Struck In Maiduguri. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.