Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Exodus 20 Vs 13: What Does This Implies For A Soldier On The Battlefield? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Exodus 20 Vs 13: What Does This Implies For A Soldier On The Battlefield? (363 Views)

Caption This Photo Of A Soldier And His New Bride. / Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Soldier And His Corper Fiancée / When A Lady Says She Need A Break In Relationship, What Does That Implies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exodus 20 Vs 13: What Does This Implies For A Soldier On The Battlefield? by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 18, 2020
Exodus chapter 20 vs 13: And it said thus, " Thou shall not kill"

The holy book made it clear that taking someones life is a heinous sin.

Now the big question is...

what will a military personnel do? whose job is to protect and to serve; which could mean killing for the sole aim of preserving interests or something.

Will a Military servant make heaven?
Re: Exodus 20 Vs 13: What Does This Implies For A Soldier On The Battlefield? by FatherBona: 9:59am On Feb 18, 2020
1Samuel Chapter 15
Saul Disobeys the Lord
One day, Samuel told Saul:

The Lord had me choose you to be king of his people, Israel. Now listen to this message from the Lord: 2 “When the Israelites were on their way out of Egypt, the nation of Amalek attacked them. I am the Lord All-Powerful, and now I am going to make Amalek pay!

3 “Go and attack the Amalekites! Destroy them and all their possessions. Don’t have any pity. Kill their men, women, children, and even their babies. Slaughter their cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys.”

The same God who gave the Commandment in Exodus 20 vs 13 also gave these orders in bold.
Explain.
Re: Exodus 20 Vs 13: What Does This Implies For A Soldier On The Battlefield? by AfroKnight: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2020
Ask your pastor.

Re: Exodus 20 Vs 13: What Does This Implies For A Soldier On The Battlefield? by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2020
AfroKnight:
Ask your pastor.

Re: Exodus 20 Vs 13: What Does This Implies For A Soldier On The Battlefield? by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 18, 2020
FatherBona:
1Samuel Chapter 15
Saul Disobeys the Lord
One day, Samuel told Saul:

The Lord had me choose you to be king of his people, Israel. Now listen to this message from the Lord: 2 “When the Israelites were on their way out of Egypt, the nation of Amalek attacked them. I am the Lord All-Powerful, and now I am going to make Amalek pay!

3 “Go and attack the Amalekites! Destroy them and all their possessions. Don’t have any pity. Kill their men, women, children, and even their babies. Slaughter their cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys.”

The same God who gave the Commandment in Exodus 20 vs 13 also gave these orders in bold.
Explain.
connect that thought with the thread
Re: Exodus 20 Vs 13: What Does This Implies For A Soldier On The Battlefield? by FatherBona: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2020
BadRadio:
connect that thought with the thread
God says thou shall not kill,
But God also ordered total annihilation of enemies and infidels.
Its your place to connect the both of them and make sense of it for us.
Otherwise, why did you bring this up?!?

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Celebrates International Women’s Day In A Remarkable Way / Visa To Israel / (18+) Video: Sex-starved Lady Cries Out For ‘help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.