Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS (54211 Views)

Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent / Breaking;Madagascar's Covid Organics Herbal Syrup Cures 92 More Patients(Photos) / Doctor Linda Ayade Performs Surgeries On Sick Patients. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by Baroba(m): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
I fee sorry for the doc that operated with ketamine, sometimes it's the only option in an emergency surgery especially in rural areas with little or know facilities.. Surgeons that worked in rural northern parts of Nigeria know what am talking about..

7 Likes

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by chigoizie7(m): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
The only way to curb this menace is by making it a compulsory that any doctor who is with public sector, I mean , working with a government hospital has no business owning or running a private one.

The doctor left his private hospital probably because he has a shift to cover in a government owned hospital.

Bunch of fools.
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by Angelfrost(m): 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2020
Riele:

I believe they should be sacked instead of suspension that'll only last for 6 months .

You only sack in such cases when you have a luxury of consultants (which we don't, fact is, we barely have true professionals)... Besides, they didn't pre-meditatedly kill the patients. No one is above negligence at certain points in his or her professional career.

It will shock you that members of that disciplinary committee have done far worse.

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by Ashirioluwa: 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by Angelfrost(m): 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
Baroba:
I fee sorry for the doc that operated with ketamine, sometimes it's the only option in an emergency surgery especially in rural areas with little or know facilities.. Surgeons that worked in rural northern parts of Nigeria know what am talking about..

Exactly... Most of our physicians work with next to nothing in this country. Our healthcare is as poorly funded as our education sector.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by famzynet: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rawtruth1:
Nigerian doctors are too proud and their negligence on duty have led to unnecessary deaths of innumerable patients in government hospitals. You can't believe that they never stay in hospitals while on call duty. Go to UNTH. Cry all you like as a patient at night, no doctor will attend to you except house officers. I regretted going there when I was sick

Do you know who house officers are? They are doctors who spent at least 6years in medical school.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by imagrg(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Most doctors and nurses in Nigeria neglect their duties or display care-free attitude towards patients. Example..Government owned hospitals!

1 Like

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by mamajaz(f): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
Baroba:

Thanks so much for this. In fact, in my one year of practice in this new clime, I've only got a hand over from a theatre nurse of a patient they used ketamine on, and when I heard the word ketamine, I opened my ears wide. These guys have everything yanfuyanfu, unlike in our country where ketamine and heavy Marcaine are the only available options. The best and most readily available drug for him to use could have been ketamine in naija. No thanks to the political clime of Nigeria that doesn't allow all professionals to grow in their areas. Our pharmacists too need to step up their games. They're only dispensers in Nigeria, nothing more.
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
ugohenry2019:

so what's ur point in this gibberish u just posted
I believe you have eyes and you can see it for yourself. Although I am not sure there is a brain in your skull.
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by naijaschoolguru(m): 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap and face your olosho business
Na everybody be olosho for ur side. You no even get sense
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by famzynet: 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
[quote author=Rawtruth1 post=86781217][/quote]
Hmm
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by JayJayGee: 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bola146:
God bless that judge, these Doctors who are very proud of themselves have killed many people knowingly cry Some of them acts like God When human lives don't have duplicates... I really pity their kids because karma is real
You no go shut up, wetin bring their kids into the matter
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by ogbuefi677(m): 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bola146:
God bless that judge, these Doctors who are very proud of themselves have killed many people knowingly cry Some of them acts like God When human lives don't have duplicates... I really pity their kids because karma is real
No doctor knowingly kills anybody.
These are unfortunate incidences which happen all over the world in medical practice.
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by AgentNairaland(f): 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2020

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by blowjohn(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
cassidy1996:
most Nigerian Doctors are just after the money, they don't give a damn about their patients. especially those working with Federal govt hospitals.
same for nurses

Most Nigerians are just after money.
Ur job is irrelevant.
Even armed robbers.
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by odogwunaija(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
UdyOgwoUde:
90% of our young doctors are just useless and feels too proud of their profession. Funny enough, when they go to the advanced countries, they will receive sence.
I can't believe that someone who calls herself a doctor would attack me for asking her to stop pressing her phone while on ward round. I've been to Indian hospitals and I never saw a nurse or a doctor using her phone while on duty. But here, you will not only see a Nigerian doctor making phone calls with his/her phone, you'll see the person busy chatting instead of doing his/her job.

U'r right
They capitalise on the fact that most Nigerian patients don't know their rights. It's a massive offense here in the UK and if a patient reports you/rights to the management, heavy sanctions await u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by dumodust(m): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mires:

Bro what he said is true. I am a living witness. I had to tell Drs, more surprising, senior registrars that they are "Google Drs". Nothing from their heads when attempting to see how to address patients condition in the public hospital. They will boom, ask their colleagues to Google
My friend it's obvious you know nothing, it's standard practice worldwide to verify info when not sure especially of doses and drug side effects or contra-indications. Abroad, doctor's are encouraged to do so, have computers with internet at there disposal and carry there tablets around for the purpose. Every protocol must be verified or you risk being accused of malpractice.
Or do you prefer they guess the dose of an uncommon drug on your head?

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by ajebuter(f): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
I like this..

Face the music for any gross misconduct leading to loss of lives..

However, when will Nigeria witness the trial of : Boko Haram terrorists, , Killer herdsmen, ISWAP terrorists , Bandits and Kidnappers?

It is surprising that despite massive killing by these groups, none has ever been caught, tried or convicted..

1 Like

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by toomcrib: 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nairaobserver:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2-doctors-suspended-for-misconduct-in-patients-death.html

It is a good thing that MDCN is regulating its bodies at least this would serve as a pointer/Warning to those who aren't engaging the right practice.

However, some bodies need to wake up and face reality.

Several people in Nigeria are suffering from Boko Haram attack EVERYDAY, herdsmen crisis, Lassa Fever, amidst other issues, yet NO ONE is suspending anyone especially the service chiefs involved.

CHINA sacked top health ministers because the death toil of Corona virus increased to 1000 yet our minister(S) are still there doing what they know best.

There was another attack in Chibok just yesterday and The service chiefs are still enjoying the office they occupy.

IT'S SUCH A SHAME THAT VERDICTS ARE USUALLY PASSED IN FAVOUR OF THE 'IMMUNE INDIVIDUALS'

Those doctors should go for CME'S and updates to know what the current practice is likewise, our Supposed Leaders should Stop deceiving us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by blowjohn(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
ogbuefi677:

No doctor knowingly kills anybody.
These are unfortunate incidences which happen all over the world in medical practice.

Leave am.
These people dont know that our health care system contributes to the death of many patients.
How many world class hospitals do we have in Nigeria?
How many good health care centres?
What is the doctor to patient ratio?
In school some bastard Deans will still fail the brilliant ones becos of beef.
When u become a doctor if u mess up, u dont get promoted.
Go to clinics and see how essential items are lacking.
If all went well, the doctor would have had a safer alternative to ketamine.
But this is Nigeria where people r rushed to big hospitals at night only to discover that there is no bed space!
See ehn...the life of a doctor in Nigeria no be here o
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by toomcrib: 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
UdyOgwoUde:
90% of our young doctors are just useless and feels too proud of their profession. Funny enough, when they go to the advanced countries, they will receive sence.
I can't believe that someone who calls herself a doctor would attack me for asking her to stop pressing her phone while on ward round. I've been to Indian hospitals and I never saw a nurse or a doctor using her phone while on duty. But here, you will not only see a Nigerian doctor making phone calls with his/her phone, you'll see the person busy chatting instead of doing his/her job.

I am sure you never made it to medical school hence your #HATESPEECH

I pray your child would be a doctor and live to see this message of yours.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by blowjohn(m): 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
Some people r up there venting their frustrations on doctors as if doctors make up the Senate or house of representatives.
They dont know that our health care system contributes to the death of many patients.
How many world class hospitals do we have in Nigeria?
How many good health care centres?
What is the doctor to patient ratio?
In school some bastard Deans will still fail the brilliant ones becos of beef.
When u become a doctor if u mess up, u dont get promoted.
Go to clinics and see how essential items are lacking.
If all went well, the doctor would have had a safer alternative to ketamine.
But this is Nigeria where people r rushed to big hospitals at night only to discover that there is no bed space!
See ehn...the life of a doctor in Nigeria no be here o.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by toomcrib: 2:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
Riele:

I believe they should be sacked instead of suspension that'll only last for 6 months .

How about your president who spent several months in UK?
Who sacked him?

How about those days you broke the law privately?
Who booked you?
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by Mcslize: 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bola146:

What's your profession?

1 Like

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by toomcrib: 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
cassidy1996:
most Nigerian Doctors are just after the money, they don't give a damn about their patients. especially those working with Federal govt hospitals.
same for nurses

Do you pay to the Doctors personal account in Federal govt hospitals or Hospitals account.

How cheap are the hospital bills in those Government hospital?

Why not vent your anger at the senate and pray they pass a bill that would make every Nigerian have assess to Cheap and affordable health care service just like people are enjoying in those Developing countries you aspire to visit?

P.S: those nurses are also over worked and stressed, One or Two nurses to cover a whole ward or at times a whole hospital.

I love to compare the nurses to those inec officials at the polling unit on election day. They get frustrated because the system isn't working'' likewise the patients aren't Patient
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by Moorfy: 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
The recent doc graduating are not useful to us anymore no prepare training I guess. All this small boys and girls now so corrupt that your stomach is due for check up and they will tell you to open your bra for stomach. I don see sth.
Can imagin the experience of a woman in labour and they brought more than 8 student to the teaching hospital. Come and see where every body wants to put there hands in the woman virginal. Must everybody test it on one person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by Ayemileto(m): 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
Openbusiness:
Only 6 months suspension for culpability in patients death? Truly, Trump is right, Nigeria is a shithole country

Firstly, Nigeria is not a shithole. Stop Ass licking Trump.

Going by the story of what happened, I don't think it will be fair to withdraw their licence.

One of the doctors have been practising for 36 years and used ketamine on an hypertensive patient.

I personally think he didn't know or probably didn't ask that the patient have hypertension.

While it's quite unfortunate that the patient died, I don't think it will be fair to throw away the experience he built over the years and his chances of getting his pension.

The second one who has been practising for 20 years wasn't the one who attended to the patient, rather one of his staffs who is not a doctor did and since he is the owner of the hospital, he had to take the full responsibility.

I personally think the judgement is still fair.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by danilmo: 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bola146:

Don't be too mean in a field u don't know about..

These guys are one of the brilliant fellow u can have in the country ,

Forget proud, if u know what it takes to pass through medical school, u ll b more proud than them.
That Doctor have been working for ages , he knows what is going on as regard the drug he used, don't b surprised he took that risk probably because of an unavoidable condition at hand, finance ,emergency, these are the same doctor that risk it all to use touchlight phones in emergency surgery..

But law will name such as incompetence. lol.

All the same , Doctors are getting enlightened daily that the patient ure risking it all for will still b the one to laugh at u wen things goes odd along the process..

Our consultant have started ringing it to our hearings that our patient is our enemy, and we've been confirming it..

Don't b surprised we ll pause during Surgery anytime their is power outrage, whatever happens, no more sympathy, at least nobody will blame us if anything goes wrong, no more risking it ...

Doctors ll henceforth act according to laws, if u don't buy the necessary material for treatment, no more improvising, no treatment..

But I pray ur relative become a doctor anytime soon, so that u ll understand what it takes to b a doctor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by peterinah: 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
The Nigeria Supreme should borrow these judges next time abeg
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by maasoap(m): 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
emeijeh:
Shithole

See your like same shiit hole. There are professional misconducts everywhere, you don't need to happy for the fact that it happened in Nigeria. Stupid ipobian
Re: Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS by maasoap(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
danilmo:

Don't be too mean in a field u don't know about..

These guys are one of the brilliant fellow u can have in the country ,

Forget proud, if u know what it takes to pass through medical school, u ll b more proud than them.
That Doctor have been working for ages , he knows what is going on as regard the drug he used, don't b surprised he took that risk probably because of an unavoidable condition at hand, finance ,emergency, these are the same doctor that risk it all to use touchlight phones in emergency surgery..

But law will name such as incompetence. lol.

All the same , Doctors are getting enlightened daily that the patient ure risking it all for will still b the one to laugh at u wen things goes odd along the process..

Our consultant have started ringing it to our hearings that our patient is our enemy, and we've been confirming it..

Don't b surprised we ll pause during Surgery anytime their is power outrage, whatever happens, no more sympathy, at least nobody will blame us if anything goes wrong, no more risking it ...

Doctors ll henceforth act according to laws, if u don't buy the necessary material for treatment, no more improvising, no treatment..

But I pray ur relative become a doctor anytime soon, so that u ll understand what it takes to b a doctor

Na God we take beg una o, every human being is your patient o. Don't see us as enemies. There is nothing you can do that you wouldn't be coming across comments like that, don't take it to heart. It is not easy being a practising doctor in Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Nurses Caught For Forging Educational Credentials In The US / Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 / NMA, NARD Threaten To Withdraw Services Over Invitation Of Chinese Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.