Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone (33164 Views)

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Police Brutality, Gives Stern Warning / Dolapo Badmus: 'The 3 Things Yahoo Boys Spend Their Money On' / Dolapo Badmus: Dating Yahoo Boys Is The Fastest Way To Lose Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by koffsman(m): 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
funny thing she keeps saying this,over and over again yet nothing is been done to this police officers that still forcefully take your phones from you. At least make a scape goat out of one of them,maybe then some sanity will return to the dead brain cells.

2 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by baratech: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
We know. Tell your colleagues

2 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nickshrapnel: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
Tell that to the illiterate in the Special Anti-Robbery Squad

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by YummySuits(f): 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Loud it oo, let them hear well.

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Instead of telling his boys, he'll be telling us.

Ok we don hear.

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
they keep repeating this thrash and your boys keep killing our youths for nothing

please educate your extra illiterate man no man recruited boys and save us this useless rhythm

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Kaybaba5(m): 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
No be today we dey hear this

2 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Jamorezzi: 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
Story for the Gods , No today we just dey hear say na back yansh dey .

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Originalsly: 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
There is nothing to be done... according to her... the commanders for the various areas have never spared any officer who ehmmm.... misbehaved.

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Poske95(m): 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
Speak with your fists, Cop
Are SARS not cops?
Aren't you the boss?!
Go on Tv and reclaim back the rights of those you swore to serve
.......remember,

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by KennieKingOba(m): 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
thank you ma'am, we've heard you. Dont worry, to avoid story that touches the heart, we'd just give it to them to prove we do not have cockroach in our cupboard...

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
first thing first... develope a system of accountabily.. every officer should give a detailed hourly report of his patrol... then set up a public prosecution for.... i don tire to type nonsense self... nigeria pb big pass nairaland type and poste.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by DNSPro: 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
Froshloaded:
Your phone is your private property not until you meet with SARS grin grin

By the time you chop slap, na you go drop am grin grin
if you know your right, them go fear you. They know most Nigerians don't even know their right and will continue to prey on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Egbetayo(m): 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
coolNigeria Police should sponsor public radio announcement on this. At least a jingle to that announcement will be far reaching and profound than this subtle reminder cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by sylve11: 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
Them go dey beAt you sotey, sotey, sotey, sotey. Your phone go turn public phone sotey, sotey sotey, you go confessed wetin you nor do sotey, sotey sotey... cool
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by nextstep(m): 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mynd44:
Police officers have no right to do that except there is a reasonable ground to do so

That's such a weasel phrase since the definition of "reasonable ground" is left solely to the discretion of the officers. In other words, the PRO has not said anything meaningful or different from the status quo: your phone will be searched at the demand of the officer, and woe betide you if you refuse.

People shouting "my right my right"... plenty have died because of dragging rights. Who e epp?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
Originalsly:
There is nothing to be done... according to her... the commanders for the various areas have never spared any officer who ehmmm.... .
collected less than expected, or didnt bring the suspect to the station 4 him to do the fleecing himself
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by sylve11: 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
DNSPro:
if you know your right, them go fear you. They know most Nigerians don't even know their right and will continue to prey on you.

Nor make me vex for you o. angry

Your right your right, don send many to early graves for this country. When you see the guys on black, just do as them say to get away from their brutality. cool
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
Oyibo ka ina ASUU oooo undecided
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Euegene100001: 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
I kinda believe u them don double cross me when I dey drive one Sunday for Edo State with my brother the way we handle the matter fear all of them they taught we were lawyers mean while crowd b don gather already lol. We just answer them so politely that they nor bold ask for phone instead na paper and drivers license them ask for .We need learn to be very polite and act maturely they dey fear still cos some still don loose jobs cos of this illegal work
DNSPro:

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Euegene100001: 4:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
Gbam
nextstep:

That's such a weasel phrase since the definition of "reasonable ground" is left solely to the discretion of the officers. In other words, the PRO has not said anything meaningful or different from the status quo: your phone will be searched at the demand of the officer, and woe betide you if you refuse.

People shouting "my right my right"... plenty have died because of dragging rights. Who e epp?
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by SoNature(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bail is Free, but they still collect money until a lawyer gets involved

Nigeria is beyond redemption
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by MurphyTheory99(m): 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2020
He didn't add if there is a warrant from the court. Of course they have a right to check the phone.

When you employ illiterates as police officers in a country that has over a million unemployed graduates in different fields that would do far better jobs when they stop people for checks.

The government won't take that step because a part of the country will have less police officers.

There is a tribe pulling Nigerian back cos of their lack of wisdom and foresight.

you can insult me but the truth needs to be said no matter how painful.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Courage414: 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
if SARS give you one slap u go bring everything way day de phone,���
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
internationalman:
Tell you people they don't have right to check our phones instead...

Because we are just as helpless as a sick cockroach in the mist of fowl when we are asked to bring our phone for checking..

As for the people who will come on this thread to make mouth, pray you don't meet a trigger happy SARS offical. Yoy may not be lucky to tell your story.
So true...
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by WhoIBe: 4:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
That means we should refuse to give out our phones even when the policemen are armed and extremely dangerous.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Dollabiz: 5:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
in fact, I prefer to pass where the SARS men are operating, its very even safe for me to do so, they always mind their business when they see me, even though I have seen them harassed people several time, so many times they have sighted me on the road, asked questions and I answered them and go my way.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by DJInfluence: 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mynd44:

Police officers have no right to do that except there is a reasonable ground to do so".
This here said it all. They will always claim there is a reasonable ground. Nigeria police still acting like we are in military era and stone age at the same time.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by AdemolaA2: 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
Froshloaded:
Your phone is your private property not until you meet with SARS grin grin

By the time you chop slap, na you go drop am grin grin

My phone was still searched 5 days ago by SARS operatives within my area.. told them about the circulated info that no officer should randomly search anyone’s phone and they just laughed and waved it aside like I didn’t know what I was saying .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Steals N108,000 During Job Interview In Delta, Caught Days After. Photos / Lady Arranges Her Own Kidnap In Ogun To Extort N200,000 From Her Parents (Photo) / A Student Killed In Adeniran College Of Education Cult Battle (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.