Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone (33165 Views)

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Police Brutality, Gives Stern Warning / Dolapo Badmus: 'The 3 Things Yahoo Boys Spend Their Money On' / Dolapo Badmus: Dating Yahoo Boys Is The Fastest Way To Lose Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by exsodus: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
Madam abeg shut up.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by lonelydora: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mynd44:
Nigerians have always asked if it's right for a police officer to search mobile phones during a routine stop and search exercise on the road.

The Lagos State Police PRO, Dolapo Badmus has told us the answer.

In her words she said:

"Your phone is private, it's your private property because people do alot of private stuffs on their mobile phones so it's wrong. Police officers have no right to do that except there is a reasonable ground to do so".

Although this has always been a matter of public records, officers of the Nigerian pokice have acted like they don’t know and even when citizens that tell them, they are harassed or beaten

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7epuoReCmu8

Tell those your boys on road blocks. I don't think NPF have a way of disseminating information to their people.

Even after this, some will still check phones
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by mutumina007: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
BREAKING: Gov. Akeredolu Launches Aketi Digital Centre - Events - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/5695902/breaking-gov-akeredolu-launches-aketi#86788123
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Richydos(m): 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
Guess i have to label this man....Audio PRO, cox na we know wetin we really they face for police hand
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by pacespot(m): 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
internationalman:
Tell you people they don't have right to check our phones instead...

Because we are just as helpless as a sick cockroach in the mist of fowl when we are asked to bring our phone for checking..

As for the people who will come on this thread to make mouth, pray you don't meet a trigger happy SARS offical. Yoy may not be lucky to tell your story.

This slave mentality will not take you anywhere, kuku dash the police your phone because you are afraid of being killed undecided
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Skmoda360(m): 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
tell that to the already dead that argue with a police officer
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by berrystunn(m): 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
internationalman:
Tell you people they don't have right to check our phones instead...

Because we are just as helpless as a sick cockroach in the mist of fowl when we are asked to bring our phone for checking..

As for the people who will come on this thread to make mouth, pray you don't meet a trigger happy SARS offical. Yoy may not be lucky to tell your story.

Them day look face, age and dress code.
Sometime last August I was Driving from Lagos to the east in Edo state .
They stopped me after checking the car , he ask for my phone .

I showed him an I. D that get him confused.
He requested I should hand it over to him .

I ask him do you want to continue your stop and search in North East? .

He called there boss , and explain to him what I said, the boss ask my name I told him , he requested to know me more ,

I told him look your boys don't have the right to ask for my phone what's for ? He started telling stories on what they see on this road everyday. Bla bla bla.

At the end he ask me to go ..
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nelsen08(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mynd44:
Nigerians have always asked if it's right for a police officer to search mobile phones during a routine stop and search exercise on the road.

In her words she said:

"Your phone is private, it's your private property because people do alot of private stuffs on their mobile phones so it's wrong. Police officers have no right to do that except there is a reasonable ground to do so".

Although this has always been a matter of public records, officers of the Nigerian pokice have acted like they don’t know and even when citizens that tell them, they are harassed or beaten

Watch the video

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by AmazingELixir: 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
grin grin grin

This is another way this woman wants to lure Nigerians to an untimely death..

Who dares tell SARS you can't search my phone
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by jaxxy(m): 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
There's a clause "Reasonable grounds to do so" for clarity purpose she needs to explain this to avoid any misconceptions.

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by sapientia(m): 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nonsense and ingredients.

Which day will IG say it in NTA?

Which are going to see policemen who violate this order being prosecuted.

As if you don't know they do it with threat of gunning the person down.

P!ss on me all you can but don't tell me its raining.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by KerekereOgun: 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
cool

Your Phone is no longer Private during an Investigation don't be stupid, so long there is a warrant of arrest, or crime being committed, or suspected to be committed my brother Dolapo is trying to scam you

If phones are not meant to be searched then Aso Rock Assistant Director's murderer would still be at large without any suspect,

The only thing you can keep private is your Cloud and online backup, if you stupidly keep your stuff on your phone because Dolapo said it is Private then I am sorry for you

[/s]
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
grin for inside office wey u dey dey talk am
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by knowhowk: 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
Na serious Hot Slap them go first give you when you tell them that ,Laws are only made online and obeyed online not on the street .
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by akdjr(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
Why do our top police officer make statement that they know in reality is not applicable. Police mount road block daily on roads and the divisional heads are not ignorant of what goes on there yet they will issue statement as if they are protecting the life's and property of citizen.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Timbuktu14(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
On paper. Big harrasment and serious beating in reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Originalsly: 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mrpsly247:

collected less than expected, or didnt bring the suspect to the station 4 him to do the fleecing himself

grin grin grin ..... nooooo!...sorry!.... let me modify and complete!

PS...you got me! .... but on the real it is more likely what you said is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by directoroluwole: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
[quote author=Mynd44 post=86785828]Nigerians have always asked if it's right for a police officer to search mobile phones during a routine stop and search exercise on the road.

In her words she said:

Watch the video

Four men hefty men with Ak 47 will ask me my phone and I will now be telling them constitution
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by segun18(m): 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
Froshloaded:
Your phone is your private property not until you meet with SARS grin grin

By the time you chop slap, na you go drop am grin grin

LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Moikiitos: 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
donbachi:
police never fit obey laws enshrined in the constitution that has to do with citizens right....when una say "bail is free" but we still pay 4 it...na checking of phone..abeg tell us another thing.

De koko of de matter bi say How policemen or policewomen in Nigeria sabi dis things?

The Nigerian Police should educates their officers before they through dem to streets to maintain law and orders. In addition to dat that any officer found wanting of breaking up any law as stipulated in acts or dat of de citizens we face the law.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Altimatic27: 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mynd44:

In her words she said:

Watch the video

Na slap de unlock phone na
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by jericco1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
and what could be the reasonable ground?
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by DNSPro: 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
sylve11:

Nor make me vex for you o. angry

Your right your right, don send many to early graves for this country. When you see the guys on black, just do as them say to get away from their brutality. cool
most of you don't know how to interact or communicate. Na there u go dey I go enter joint with SARS and will have nice laugh.

I dey penetrate people like water. Just know how to communicate.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Jackipapa: 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
pokice, correct name by the officer.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Alanpoza007: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Your Phone is no longer Private during an Investigation don't be stupid, so long there is a warrant of arrest, or crime being committed, or suspected to be committed my brother Dolapo is trying to scam you

If phones are not meant to be searched then Aso Rock Assistant Director's murderer would still be at large without any suspect,

The only thing you can keep private is your Cloud and online backup, if you stupidly keep your stuff on your phone because Dolapo said it is Private then I am sorry for you

Stop trying to be clever by half by comparing apples with oranges. You're talking off point. When a crime has been committed, nobody says it's wrong for the police to check the phone of the suspects but the nonsense SARS officers do daily by stopping random people without any crime being committed just to check their phone and extort them by threatening to shoot or transfer money to them is the bone of contention here.
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by donbachi(m): 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
Moikiitos:

De koko of de matter bi say How policemen or policewomen in Nigeria sabi dis things?

The Nigerian Police should educates their officers before they through dem to streets to maintain law and orders. In addition to dat that any officer found wanting of breaking up any law as stipulated in acts or dat of de citizens we face the law.

dem no sabi dat one...all dem dey always tell us na "u people must learn to be law abiding citizens"...if d police dem learn to be law abiding police officers....dem go die by stray bullets?
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by hush15: 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mynd44:

In her words she said:

Watch the video

Channel this to the appropriate quarters which is your colleagues in the police force, not the citizens....
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by internationalman(m): 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2020
pacespot:

This slave mentality will not take you anywhere, kuku dash the police your phone because you are afraid of being killed undecided

You know nothing
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Paulo2000003: 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Money. Making machine
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
This is talk. Until you meet SARS and they terrorise you you go release phone. Those guys have gone rogue I tell you
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by medolab90(m): 6:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
Na person wey Still dey alive dey talk about rights. Just pray not to Meet these beasts so bad the government is doing nothing about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Arranges Her Own Kidnap In Ogun To Extort N200,000 From Her Parents (Photo) / A Student Killed In Adeniran College Of Education Cult Battle (Graphic Photo) / Young Girl Set On Fire After Being Accused Of Witchcraft In Akwa Ibom. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.