Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone (33163 Views)

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Police Brutality, Gives Stern Warning / Dolapo Badmus: 'The 3 Things Yahoo Boys Spend Their Money On' / Dolapo Badmus: Dating Yahoo Boys Is The Fastest Way To Lose Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by PROPHETmichael: 10:17am On Feb 20, 2020
Mynd44:

"Your phone is private, it's your private property because people do alot of private stuffs on their mobile phones so it's wrong. Police officers have no right to do that except there is a reasonable ground to do so".

The keyword there is the bolded which of course, police will always find "a reasonable ground to so so".

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7epuoReCmu8
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by litaninja(m): 11:40am On Feb 20, 2020
We know this.
The question is DO THE POLICE OFFICERS KNOW THIS??
The unfortunate part is the clause in the law which allows for "reasonable grounds". That's why such silly things as, someone looking a certain way will be accosted and phone searched.

Mynd44:
Nigerians have always asked if it's right for a police officer to search mobile phones during a routine stop and search exercise on the road.

The Lagos State Police PRO, Dolapo Badmus has told us the answer.

In her words she said:

"Your phone is private, it's your private property because people do alot of private stuffs on their mobile phones so it's wrong. Police officers have no right to do that except there is a reasonable ground to do so".

Although this has always been a matter of public records, officers of the Nigerian pokice have acted like they don’t know and even when citizens that tell them, they are harassed or beaten

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7epuoReCmu8
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by budaatum: 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2020
Just goes to show that everyone get dem level and Nigerians are more equal than Zoogerians!

When police stop some people, dem go call dpo dem friend, give police phone make dem hear and police go give you phone back say, "Oga, I sori. Please de go". But me, I no get luck to know dpo, so I go just stand there and say, "Arrest me if I've done something wrong!"

Of course they will not arrest me because I did not do anything wrong, but they don't know who I am yet and are waying up the odds to see what they can or can't get away with, and hope by wasting my time I will relent and succumb and pay the bribe they ask for. But I never pay bribes! I always have two books on me. One to read and one to write in and I have to tell you that nothing bothers police more than a writing person they've detained who sits there reading too. Check my phone my ass. The thought just makes me laugh.

There are levels of course. Police will indeed slap some people, but they don't slap us all because they don't know how much it might cost them and some cheeks cost quite a lot to slap!
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Ubdavis(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2020
My people, make una get sense o. when the thing sub, on one will not be there to protect u. Avoid the avoidable, na even police go mess u up
Re: Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone by Konection(m): 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders, hope you are staying safe?

Am into Wall Screeding and P. O.P designs, so Engineers, Architects, and anyone else into building should pls show some love by patronising me on 0.7.0 3.8.1.4.4.3.5.4. (Also my watsapp number). Our jobs are perfect.

Where ever you are in Nigeria, don't hesitate to call.

Egbon Seun, no delete my message oh pls, your boy wan from you (nairaland) make am.

Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Arranges Her Own Kidnap In Ogun To Extort N200,000 From Her Parents (Photo) / A Student Killed In Adeniran College Of Education Cult Battle (Graphic Photo) / Young Girl Set On Fire After Being Accused Of Witchcraft In Akwa Ibom. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.