Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal (891 Views)

Will You Still Marry Your Spouse If You Have Another Opportunity To Marry Again? / How Do You Know He/she Is Right For You / Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by thweraja10: 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ive heard series of (Whites in general) reporting their spouse when they discover that he or she is a criminal. So the question is this will you report your husband or wife if you get to know that he is embezzling funds from his office, or you realise that your hubby is a criminal to the bone.

So ladies what will you do and guys whats your view on this
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by kokoye(m): 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2010
ermm,

that's not 'African' but that's part of what is destroying us.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by thweraja10: 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2010

that's not 'African' but that's part of what is destroying us.

You are right. But what can be done in that aspect
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by kokoye(m): 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2010
it is part of the system - corruption and deep family ties.

every system has good and bad . . the bad part of ours is the killer - our family ties and values breed corruption.

the system needs to be broken down and rebuilt - easy to say I know.

the few who have tried to make things right have been scorned and abused by their family members. . .  sometimes even killed by the enemies of progress
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by tosyne007(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2010
it depends. If it's public funds that she is embezzling, i think i can condole dat & we cant both enjoy cos it's 'national cake like dey say' but if she's  a criminal in d real meaning, i will report her to d authorities straight away.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by kokoye(m): 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^^

and little wonder why we can never progress as a nation.

those honorables and senators in abuja must think they are angels, since it is public funds they are eating.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by HTownEve(f): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2010
True talk Kokoye.  kiss  kiss

This is hard.  It will be hard to live with a criminal and it might be hard to turn in someone you love.   undecided undecided undecided   What to do?   

Try to talk him into changing and if he doesn't, divorce him?
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by kokoye(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^

even harder when you are also enjoying the proceeds. remember those 419 guys back home - their girls and families enjoy the proceeds

like I said, it is part of our system and I am part of that system . hope that answers it  grin

I may not get a divorce, but I will surely stay away
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by InkedNerd(f): 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2010
@OP: Yes, I would. Especially if it is something that will be detrimental to the livelihood of our children [if we have any]. There have been situations where some husbands have gotten involved with the wrong sort of people and unfortunately a relative ends up suffering in various form [e.g. death, injury, kidnapping, etc.]  
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by HTownEve(f): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2010
oops I forgot about the hardened criminals.    cry
Yes I would turn in a hardened criminal (one who mobs, or r.apes, or kill)without blinking.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by kokoye(m): 8:17pm On Dec 16, 2010
OK. according the the poster, this is your spouse.

It is the right thing to do but it aiint that easy - what happens to your children and/or bills . . especially in Africa ??

Most wives in this situation are the stay at home types
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by InkedNerd(f): 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2010
kokoye:

OK. according the the poster, this is your spouse.

It is the right thing to do but it aiint that easy - what happens to your children and/or bills . . especially in Africa ??

Most wives in this situation are the stay at home types

I have no intention on being a stay at home mom if[b]/[/b]when I have children. Its situations like these that have made my father instill ideas of female independence in me. I wasn't raised to be a woman who is at the mercy of a man.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by HTownEve(f): 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
I know. 
But if you don't do something about a hardened criminal, he will bring alota pain into your house.   Karma is a B.iatch.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by kokoye(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I have no intention on being a stay at home mom if[b]/[/b]when I have children. Its situations like these that have made my father instill ideas of female independence in me. I wasn't raised to be a woman who is at the mercy of a man.

OK.

but a lot of stay- at- home wives are stuck in this situation.

My point is ratting their husband out is the right thing to do but it sure wont be easy . .especially when there's no assistance from the government.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by HTownEve(f): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ink _Nerd,
I have declared you as nairaland sistah.  LOL.   kiss kiss kiss
I was raised the same way.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by 190: 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
If he is a criminal

so basically this question is for them ladies!
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by thweraja10: 8:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
If he is a criminal

so basically this question is for them ladies!

As far as money is coming out, ladies wont report. Never
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by kokoye(m): 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^

Not all ladies.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by InkedNerd(f): 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2010
kokoye:

OK.

but a lot of stay- at- home wives are stuck in this situation.

My point is ratting their husband out is the right thing to do but it sure wont be easy . .especially when there's no assistance from the government.

Yes, of course it isn't easy. I totally understood where you were going with your comment.

HTown Eve:

Ink _Nerd,
I have declared you as my nairaland sistah.  LOL.   kiss kiss kiss

lol, eh ya kiss

thweraja10:

As far as money is coming out, ladies wont report. Never

Says who? Just because you know of some women who may not report it doesn't mean that all or most will follow suit.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by thweraja10: 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2010

Says who? Just because you know of some women who may not report it doesn't mean that all or most will follow suit.

Hmmmmmmm thats true sha. but majority wont report
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by OchiAgha2(m): 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2010
We men are looking for "ride or die" chicks. A woman needs to be down for her man, for better or for worse.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by InkedNerd(f): 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

We men are looking for "ride or die" chicks. A woman needs to be down for her man, for better or for worse.

Hells no. When you are doing something you know is wrong and put my children in harms ways, there is no way I'd stand by your side. Ride or die my a** [no offense]

thweraja10:

Hmmmmmmm thats true sha. but majority wont report

Oh really? And what proof do you have to say that 'majority' would? The reason I said some as opposed to majority is because there just is no way to prove that. I highly doubt that you've spoken to every woman on earth about this issue for you to have said majority.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 17, 2010
some questions are better left unanswered. I seriously do not know what I will do, i don't want to pretend here. I guess I will only know what to do if I was
really in a situation like that. Since I'm not in one presently, I can not come up with an answer cus I may probably lie.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by sessy2(f): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2010
This is a difficult one really,but will try talking to him if he refuse to change then i;ll have no option than to report.
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2010
I sure would depending on the crime. Steal a pack of crackers from the local mart, hell no (i'd sent him back for toppings! cool). Steal cash funds? no comment  grin go on a killing spree, I'm snitching! angry
Re: Will You Report Your Spouse If You Get To Know He Is A Criminal by Meklex(m): 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2010
If you really understand this song-:Right tru me by nicky minaj it will be difficult for the r/ship not to take new turn especially coming from the 'innocent' partner and the guilty partner will always feel that he/she is owing somebody(partner) a favour which is unhealthy for a good r/ship,

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With This-3 Ladies Dying To Be My Wife?! / Re: Is It The Sole Responsibility Of Men To Always Initiate Love-making? / Help Me Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.