Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,455 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker (47702 Views)

Secondary School Teacher Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old Student In Delta / JAMB Rejects Apology Of Timipade Kemepade, Candidate Who Cheated 21 Years Ago / Female Admission Seeker Allegedly Shot Dead By Police (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by delishpot: 4:25am On Feb 21, 2020
Good job. I applaud this

1 Like

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Rukkydelta(f): 6:00am On Feb 21, 2020
I remembered when the news about the man raping the girl came out 2015, link to the thread
https://www.nairaland.com/2510423/why-slept-friends-teenage-daughter

Many folks here said the guy was lying and its consensual not rape. Thank God the law gave the innocent girl the justice she deserves.
I am glad her father didn't shy away like most Nigerian parents do claiming taking up rape cases brings stigma to their children

May the rapist rot in jail
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by berrystunn(m): 8:02am On Feb 21, 2020
Coolbreeze1988:
20 minutes enjoyment, now you will go and spend 21 of your years in Jail. You deserve more jail term

2min enjoyment.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by kenny160: 8:12am On Feb 21, 2020
Serve him right
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Quixlote: 8:19am On Feb 21, 2020
That's why I like Sharia law... Non of this Shit will be happening

Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 21, 2020
The man deserved what he got in the end. Here's my opinion, though: He lied by accusing the young lady of having seduced him. But the young lady also lied by accusing the man of rape. The allegation had to be advanced in order to ensure the man was punished and convicted. Her lawyer probably advised her to declare she had been raped. What may have transpired in this case is that the lecturer probably demanded sex as a condition for securing the admission, and the young lady in desperation to see that work out probably consented. She agreed to have sex in exchange for her gaining her admission through the lecturer. Either something went wrong along the way or the man did not fulfill his promise in the end, she felt used and decided to report the encounter. These things happen, guys. But I'm not in any way exonerating the offender.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by priscaoge(f): 9:23am On Feb 21, 2020
xrayj:

Take it easy na
He didn't kill her

Of course he did, if you know the effect of rape on the victims.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Digmygold: 10:03am On Feb 21, 2020
nero2face:
nice offer he got...go rape those iron bars in the prison...

He will even get raped from the back by fellow inmates wet no see pvssy.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by abayomilaws(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2020
Most people here have been saying the punishment is greater than the purported offence he committed. Well I believe those people that are of that view are legal ignoramuses. Rape is a very serious offence after murder and armed robbery. In fact, there is a perversion of justice by this decision, I mean sentencing, which maybe upturned by the court of appeal as the punishment for rape is not 21 years but life imprisonment. That is the law. Let him appeal the judgement and the court of appeal will surprise him with life imprisonment. The learned judge is lenient.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by panpan(m): 10:48am On Feb 21, 2020
If Akin Baruwa is not satisfied with the court's decision, he can appeal.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by bolseas(f): 11:17am On Feb 21, 2020
Mogajunior:
Let's not be too quick to crucify the man. is amazing what teenage girls do this days. She may have truly seduced him. A girl of 15 sent me a love note on valentine day. till this moment I haven't said a word to her and I don't intend to. Is a crazy world I must say.

You are wise enough to ignore and avoid her. why did he not the same?
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Mhizhelen001(f): 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
Chai, too bad.... What a big disappointment
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Ugo4hotish(m): 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

stop assuming deluded rubbish online... it makes an ASS of U and ME
if had been on NL long enough, you would seen that i believe of an eye for an eye...therefore, if wifey stabs husband (or vice versa), the culprit deserves nothing better than ONE bullet to the back of the head.

So what should I call you now,
Lil Wayne or Eminem.... Big fool
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by tightpussy156: 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
stupid fool.lier.u go rape virgin toto.make the Toto kill u.how can u say a 19yrs old virgin threatened you to have sex with her.go an cool ur big head an ur monkey face for prison. u think say because u be lecturer all Toto they under ur feet.hegoat.who quote me hug transformer.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:21am On Feb 22, 2020
FX:
Hurt what? Nonsense! Sex is what women do for a living round the world. How will hurt her for the rest of her of life. I do not support rape but it should not carry such a heavy sentence. Rape cases should not exceed more than a year in prison. He didnt kill her!
It is not just the emotional trauma of being compelled to do something against their will. Some rape victims are sometimes brutalized and wounded physically too....
Let me ask you this, could you wish rape on any female member of your family since "Women have sex for living around the world"(according to you)?
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:26am On Feb 22, 2020
iswallker:

Is the medical doctor from Jamaica.. He is a Nigerian and he could be turned by police to achieve a set objective - this guy did not break before the police and the even the judge - Nigerian police would hate such a drain and vow to end his career - and they did.. Sadly.. undecided
Were you there with him at the Police station to have known that he didn't break? Didn't you read the part of the article that states that the story he gave in court was different from the one he wrote in the statement he made to the police.
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by Mayhem999: 10:55am On Feb 22, 2020
ademijuwonlo:

I am sure you read the part where it was said that a medical Doctor testified to the rape. That means, Doctor that examined her must have seen bruises that are consistent with rape victim on her vagina wall.....She was raped and being an adult doesnt make rape a consensual sex.

And u just had to quote me without reading first?
Smh
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by bayumyguy: 11:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
Is just so unfortunate this man could act like this,i knew him when i was in unilag and funny enough i still saw him on Tuesday at our LGA APC meeting.The man has disgrace his family.say no to rape
Re: Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker by virginchaser(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
lucky4west:
sad... i do not support rape,the guy said it was consensual and the girl is 18 no body believed him, i'm not defending or supporting him, but this guy did not carry the girl from her house, she came seeking admission and to some extent there would have been a consensual arrangement, his sentence is too much for the offense, some of our politicians, religious leaders, celebrities rape, harass, molest, sleep with myriads ladies every day nothing happens even if u report: these guys are above the law...now that it is a hapless part time lecturer the law is coming out in full force....Obesere was once accused of rape he said it was consensual they believed him, Peruzzi was accused nothing came out, Apostle Johnson Suleiman nothing came out and so on and so forth...but poor man the law will brandish all its arsenal to strike...

You nailed it like no other. It's only hear justice peeps with one eye and sieve the rich from the poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Things I Regret Doing At The University. / Photo Of The Kenyan Student Expelled From School Over "Occultic Drawing" / Post-ume For ABU Zaria Has Been Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.