Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Is It Right For A Husband To Carry His Plate To The Kitchen After Eating? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Husband To Carry His Plate To The Kitchen After Eating? (8211 Views)

Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Son Destroys Food Items In The Kitchen After Mum Refused His Request (Video) / Man Struggles To Carry His Pregnant Wife In Maternity Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Is It Right For A Husband To Carry His Plate To The Kitchen After Eating? by ImaIma1(f): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
sassysure:

The problem we have in various Nigerian marriages is that we all marry for the wrong reasons.
When a babe is solely after money, a man will see her as an object. We have shown countless times that money rules. Anything u bought is an object to u to be used as u wish.
From dating, to the exorbitant marriage rites including wedding just to please the girls( believe me, majority of the guys want very simple wedding).
How then do u want to be treated?
We want oyibo treatment of equality but we wouldn't do what their girls do. Can we forgo the material things attached?
Can we stop demanding(as our rights because they are dating us or married to us)?

The truth is this, until we stop demanding and accepting, they will continue to see our ladies as commodity.

I have never seen women as materialistic as Nigerian women in this world. Non.
We chop and close mouth. The politicians destroying this country, who are the wives and side chicks or girlfriends?
U and I.
What do we do with what they give us?
Throw party around and live extravagant lifestyles.
We hardly ask what they do to make money, we simply collect and when it stops coming, we nag or look elsewhere.

See, the foundation is very flawed. So if we are busy blaming the men, it's equally vital to take part of the blame.

We want to eat our cake and have it.

I remembered just few months into marriage and a supposed good friend was advising me to ask my husband for a car. Few months!
Do I really need a car at that moment, no but her reasoning was that I deserved that as a wife to ....
Men work with these pointers. U can never have it all.

My point is that ladies should stop projecting themselves as commodity, cos when u do and u got served, stop complaining.

In a the 190+ countries in the world, have you ever lived in another country aside Nigeria to make this conclusion.

I get your point. But such a conclusion is biased and not based on facts.
Re: Is It Right For A Husband To Carry His Plate To The Kitchen After Eating? by ImaIma1(f): 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ariza:
Well it's not Right. A husband is the head of the house and should be pampered, After going through all stress to bring home money for the family,I believe he should be worshipped,spoon fed and laid on the table after eating. His wife shouldn't forget to bathe him on the same spot, dress him up and then appeal to HIS ROYAL MAJESTY to go to work the next day. Yes! It's not easy being a Man mehn! grin

In this day and age where the woman also goes through the stress to bring money home, I hope the guys here will agree she should be worshipped too?

On this forum, people are too money conscious. That's why a lot of men here believe bringing in money should make them gods in their homes. If the tables are turned and she's the only one bringing in the money, will they agree that she should enjoy the same privileges? The house chores should automatically shift to the man and he should worship her.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Husband To Carry His Plate To The Kitchen After Eating? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
ImaIma1:

In this day and age where the woman also goes through the stress to bring money home, I hope the guys here will agree she should be worshipped too?

On this forum, people are too money conscious. That's why a lot of men here believe bringing in money should make them gods in their homes. If the tables are turned and she's the only one bringing in the money, will they agree that she should enjoy the same privileges? The house chores should automatically shift to the man and he should worship her.
Exactly! Sometimes i wonder why. Relationship is transactional, marriage is too. Guys broke shame guys , ladies do it to. Anything like this, "Get money, focus on money, make money." Kilode! grin

As for your last paragraph, that's like a dream oooo if the wife ask for support, they will say she's proud and uncontrollable because she earns more. Honestly the thing is draining.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This Normal Or Am I Overreacting? / List Of Cartoon Television Programs With Lesbian, Gay And Bisexual Characters. / Full Meaning Of Husband And Wife..check It Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.