Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,924 members, 7,863,258 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:55 PM

Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? (973 Views)

Our Landlord Says He Fathered My Second Baby, Insists On Naming Him —husband / Suggest A Name For My Baby Girl: The Naming Ceremony Of My Baby Is Tomorrow / Ajibola Otubusin Holds Naming Ceremony For Her Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 21, 2020
I was just pondering if it is necessary to invite people for a naming ceremony. I feel it should be done within the house between the family. Maybe among 4 to 5 people. But nowadays, people tends to make it big ceremony. So, what is the right way?
Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by sisisioge: 5:48am On Feb 21, 2020
Hmmm, I'm a Yoruba o but do not believe in any ceremony at all. Just agree with your spouse on a name, fill the necessary birth document, whisper the name to the baby and start telling everyone that comes around what his/her name is...eg, Ariike Imeh Davids grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by chiommy123(f): 6:51am On Feb 21, 2020
you must not call everybody just to give your child a name but if its child dedication people must gather especially if it was difficult for you to conceive.

1 Like

Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by chatinent: 7:11am On Feb 21, 2020
In this time of the world, select particular people and invite. It mustn't be a Dangote-like stuff. 90% who will come don't even know what's being done or do they care to know, they'll care for what the stewpot has to say anyways.

1 Like

Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by okirewaju(f): 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
How you want it to be depends on the couple

2 Likes

Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by WhoRUDeceiving: 12:51am On Feb 22, 2020
We love naming ceremonies with our native and ancestral names, but continue to answer a British name called Nigeria....

Black people black people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpe-lGWH3AM
Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by Bola146(f): 6:06am On Feb 22, 2020
As for me, if I give birth, the naming must be done by 7am, na only the pastor, my husband and maybe some neighbours. We must not be more than 10 people. No big ceremony....cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by ImaIma1(f): 8:53am On Feb 22, 2020
Some people take aso ebi for naming ceremony o. A serious affair.

We did our child's own in the hospital. She was still in the hospital in the day of her naming. We had only one witness aside the Pastor and we bought drinks for the hospital staff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
ImaIma1:
Some people take aso ebi for naming ceremony o. A serious affair.

We did our child's own in the hospital. She was still in the hospital in the day of her naming. We had only one witness aside the Pastor and we bought drinks for the hospital staff.

That was how I did my first but this one, everybody is raising heads without dropping anything oo.
Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by Happychildlove(f): 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
sisisioge:
Hmmm, I'm a Yoruba o but do not believe in any ceremony at all. Just agree with your spouse on a name, fill the necessary birth document, whisper the name to the baby and start telling everyone that comes around what his/her name is...eg, Ariike Imeh Davids grin
exactly how I did mine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naming Ceremony: How Should It Be Done? by Kendumazy(m): 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hmmm.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! / Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? / I Am Open To Making New Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.