Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,474 members, 7,830,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (142630 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pathology(m): 8:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
pls note 6 by 6 by 2 ft will give u 4066.7 litres of water

Emempaul

post=119281466:

Try doing a surfaces reservoir using 2by6 woods and tarpolin like what the fish farmers do. A 6by6by 4 reserve Shud hold close to 30kliters of water but the catch is that you need to use a surface pump to distribute ur water to ur drip. That tank of yours will not even effectively water half a plot of tomatoes in this dry season so its not an option because of 1. Size of tank 2. Distance from tank to plot to be used 3. Pipes used are small in size.

Secondly ur reser

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Emempaul(m): 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
pathology:
pls note 6 by 6 by 2 ft will give u 4066.7 litres of water

Sorry must have missed the calculation somewhere but his Shud get the point
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Xpol: 5:03am On Jan 03, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Mistake that can cost you your farm: 1 fertilizer; know dosage,when and how to apply it. If you do mistake, your TOMATO will die. 2. Manure, if you do not allow your poultry littter,pig,cow e.g to compost and you use it fresh, your TOMATO will die. 3. Insecticide, if high dosage is use especially on young tomato, the result will be devastating. 4. Namatode, if you don't know history or you are using the farm land for the first time to cultivate TOMATO,it make sense to treat the soil. Have heard someone said "he lost 6000 stand to namatode." 5. Seedlings tray, after you sow seed inside seedlings tray spread them on soil (if the soil is fertile, your seedlings will thank you), if you spread them on concrete they will be dying/cripple one after other maybe 10-15days, because there root has shoot out and could not penetrate to search for nutrient/food.
Always look before you leap...more loading....TOMATO Farmer pls add your own and let make Nigeria Great!!
please what causes this problem

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2023
Xpol:
please what causes this problem
I think it one of tomato disease...I always see it in my farm, at least one in two thousand stand. Nothing you can do about this stand, just remove it.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2023
Happy New year friends and colleagues.. this is the time to buy input (cheap), moving manure to farm and getting good farm workers, for smart farmers. I pray small work, BIG money this year!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Happy New year friends and colleagues.. this is the time to buy input (cheap), moving manure to farm and getting good farm workers, for smart farmers. I pray small work, BIG money this year!
happy new year senior farmer,i pray we all a great year,have bountiful harvest and lot of profit.

baba abeg i am having issue sourcing for farm help presently.i am based in ota ogun state,is there anyone you can link me to or any way to go about it..thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 12:45am On Jan 05, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:

Hello Boss.
Please what's your thought on cucumber cultivation between now and March 2023 considering the unpredictable upcoming elections?

Is it a wise plan to cultivate cukes considering the economic instability (could affect markets if there are conflicts) accompanying election periods?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Xpol: 2:17am On Jan 05, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
I think it one of tomato disease...I always see it in my farm, at least one in two thousand stand. Nothing you can do about this stand, just remove it.
ok thanks bro.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:13am On Jan 09, 2023
Crate grade 1 range between 5-3k at the moment...
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Konquest: 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
Nezzjnr:
Farmerakinloye6 have you heard about Natsoil.

A good replacement to Manure, Npk and urea
Insightful.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Konquest: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
w17852865216:
Hi brother, do you now let workers hand wash these crate? If you need, our washer can help you wash them in less time, thus reducing labor costs, please refer to the pictures and videos below:
https://crate-wash.com/industrial-washers/crate-washer-design.html

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Konquest: 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Making total 108 crate today...I sold 16 crate flat at 12500, I don't even take it inside market before everything was bought finished.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2023
good day everyone,as we have started gradual preparation for 2023 farming season, please i would like to know important ,last year i used raised bed for my nursery preparation and i have decided to use seedling tray and coco peat this time. i've seen several suggestions online about using cocopeat in nursery preparation and different models of using them,the models includes ,
1) just ordinary cocopeat soaked in water
2) soaked coco peat mixed with manure
3) NPK added to the water used in soaking cocopeat
4) calcium nitrate added to water used in soaking cocopeat
5) Tecnokel Amino CaB (liquid calcium) and DI grow red added to the water used in soaking cocopeat.

please guys which of this methods is tested and trusted method to guarantee the best result..

please treat as urgent.

@farmerakinloye6
@Ideepaul
@oluchidelly
@granpoh
@okoroemeka
@aquadude15
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:46am On Jan 15, 2023
mcyemite:
good day everyone,as we have started gradual preparation for 2023 farming season, please i would like to know important ,last year i used raised bed for my nursery preparation and i have decided to use seedling tray and coco peat this time. i've seen several suggestions online about using cocopeat in nursery preparation and different models of using them,the models includes ,
1) just ordinary cocopeat soaked in water
2) soaked coco peat mixed with manure
3) NPK added to the water used in soaking cocopeat
4) calcium nitrate added to water used in soaking cocopeat
5) Tecnokel Amino CaB (liquid calcium) and DI grow red added to the water used in soaking cocopeat.

please guys which of this methods is tested and trusted method to guarantee the best result..

please treat as urgent.

@farmerakinloye6
@Ideepaul
@oluchidelly
@granpoh
@okoroemeka
@aquadude15
I always go with number 1, Although I do make sure land am placing it is very fertile, I even add little dry manure to land before placing the seedlings tray. I have seeing Number 2 too but make sure the manure is dry!

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
I always go with number 1, though I do make sure land am placing it is very fertile, I even add little dry manure to land before placing the seedlings tray. I have seeing Number 2 too but make sure the manure is dry!

Thanks senior man,I always appreciate your prompt reply..God bless you
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ublight: 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
I always go with number 1, though I do make sure land am placing it is very fertile, I even add little dry manure to land before placing the seedlings tray. I have seeing Number 2 too but make sure the manure is dry!

Hello sir, happy new year.

I have a plot of land that I'm not using for anything right now.

How much do I need to cultivate tomato on it?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:26am On Jan 16, 2023
ublight:

Hello sir, happy new year.

I have a plot of land that I'm not using for anything right now.

How much do I need to cultivate tomato on it?
I will assume you have irrigation system in place, with 110,000k you should ba to cultivate it successfully. I will advise you details all the materials you need then price it. Pls FarmTech do something to this guy orwAseN spamming.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ublight: 9:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
I will assume you have irrigation system in place, with 110,000k you should ba to cultivate it successfully. I will advise you details all the materials you need then price it. Pls FarmTech do something to this guy orwAseN spamming.

Yes. It's fenced and there is water.
110k for one plot!

Hmmm then an acre should be up to a million plus.

OK I'm waiting for your list. Thank u
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Emempaul(m): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Bros please when is the best time to start nursery. Now or in February
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by betabread: 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
What’s your strategy for dealing with a failed nursery
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:45am On Jan 18, 2023
Emempaul:

Bros please when is the best time to start nursery. Now or in February
starting from February 15th upward.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:50am On Jan 18, 2023
betabread:
What’s your strategy for dealing with a failed nursery
the only time I experience failed nursery (cucumber) is when I bought fake cocopeat, when I noticed, I rushed to bought another, then did another nursery... very painful experience. waste of time, waste of money.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2023
Land preparation has started over here,working towards starting nursery on 15th of February just like our boss said....

2023 must obey..

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Emempaul(m): 8:55am On Jan 18, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
starting from February 15th upward.
Thanks alot. I was almost tempted to star tomorrow
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by uche393: 9:37am On Jan 18, 2023
I've been doing doing cucumbers for sometime now, but I want to go into tomatoes this year.

@Farmerakinloye6 I would like to guide me on material I will need for 1 plot. I have drip already, although I want to upgrade some of the components.
I was using 3/4 hose for supply 1 inches plumbing pipes (instead of normal main line) I'm about to buy 1 inch hose.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
3 Togolese farm workers available for yearly hire .Contact me through whatsapp number in my signature if interested
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:12am On Jan 20, 2023
efuks:
3 Togolese farm workers available for yearly hire .Contact me through whatsapp number in my signature if interested
my advice to anybody seeing this..do not pay a dime upfront, even call credit. It normally pay on delivery service including transportation of the boys. Nobody should come here to cry or use this thread as a dispute grand.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:25am On Jan 20, 2023
uche393:
I've been doing doing cucumbers for sometime now, but I want to go into tomatoes this year.

@Farmerakinloye6 I would like to guide me on material I will need for 1 plot. I have drip already, although I want to upgrade some of the components.
I was using 3/4 hose for supply 1 inches plumbing pipes (instead of normal main line) I'm about to buy 1 inch hose.
materials I used for 15 plot is thesame with materials you will use for 1 plot, lesser quantity is the difference. The materials is available on this thread or my irrigation system installation thread.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:31am On Jan 20, 2023
mcyemite:
Land preparation has started over here,working towards starting nursery on 15th of February just like our boss said....

2023 must obey..
good job comrade! God will help and make you successful. However, your ridges need finishing. winkFor tithe cheesy and offering grin check my sign wink
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ublight: 8:22am On Jan 20, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
good job comrade! God will help and make you successful. However, your ridges need finishing. winkFor tithe cheesy and offering grin check my sign wink
Please sir u are yet to gv me d list that will amount to 110k for a plot of land
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tomato grade 1 crate range between 4-3k at the moment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (69) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.