Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany (70115 Views)

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Victorex001(m): 8:44am On Feb 26, 2020
styles2009:

If you don't have one learn one, 2+2 =?
the second question about renewal has been answered on the thread already .

I plan to come by August....wouldn’t be easy learning a skill before then...and also going for German classes. Phew
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by bmarketing: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2020
styles2009:

I never did sponsorship letter, block account, student working contract was sufficient to renew and get 2yrs stay, I started with Foundation school (Studienkolleg)

Honestly it all depends on who you met on the day of your permit renewal, some just ask you 3 months pay slip and that's all, nothing like 10k or bring sponsorship letter cos they know you must spend money to upkeep yourself as a student.

That's interesting.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by styles2009: 10:34am On Feb 26, 2020
Victorex001:

I plan to come by August....wouldn’t be easy learning a skill before then...and also going for German classes. Phew
Soja dey learn to shoot gun in 3 months lol

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by klint16: 11:29am On Feb 26, 2020
Good day my people, am process my admission for msc in Saarland university in Saarbruken. how is the environment like?
What are the opportunities for student jobs with IT and tech skills?
Secondly I heard the major issue now is getting appointment date for interview is there a way to get appointment easily?

pls I welcome any comment.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Haryoureendey4(m): 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Odingo1:

They sell sponsorship letter, the price ranges from 6000€ to 10k euro. You have to buy one if you don’t have close person that will give it to you. Sponsorship letter is not something they give anyhow because if the person misbehave the sponsor can be arrested.
Jesu angry angry angry if I have that amount in my account i won't be asking for sponsor na embarassed
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Haryoureendey4(m): 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Thank u sir
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by styles2009: 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
klint16:
Good day my people, am process my admission for msc in Saarland university in Saarbruken. how is the environment like?
What are the opportunities for student jobs with IT and tech skills?
Secondly I heard the major issue now is getting appointment date for interview is there a way to get appointment easily?

pls I welcome any comment.

Thanks.

Don't hurry to get an appointment and come, use that waiting time to learn German to B2 and improve your IT skills.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by bmarketing: 8:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
styles2009:

Don't hurry to get an appointment and come, use that waiting time to learn German to B2 and improve your IT skills.

You are into IT? That's great. I'm also into IT. How I wish Germany can smile on CAT B. At least there will be hope for prospective students like us that just want to apply for fall batch this year.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Victorex001(m): 10:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
styles2009:

Soja dey learn to shoot gun in 3 months lol

Pls Sir...I have gone through the thread, I still haven’t gotten clear with the visa renewal

It’s same one needing another 10k euros for renewal...is that the reality in Germany?
After exhausting almost the money in the BA account because student jobs alone can’t take care of all your basic bills one would need another 10k for visa renewal?

Pls Sir, help me verify this information. Pls Sir.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Sundaaaaay: 1:16am On Feb 27, 2020
Gaddafithe2nd:
I read on this thread someone said, houses are cheaper in East Germany. If I could be paying €245 Euro per month for a 3 room shared apartment in Magdeburg, Germany and I have colleagues paying €300 per month for rent. That is not cheap.
Secondly, do not believe all information here. I could remember, before going to OVGU Magdeburg. A lot of people said, there are no jobs.
In few days time, I will be signing a second contract with another job agency.

My advice is, ask those people living in the city of your destination questions about the current situation. Do not rely on old information.

Hello brother, my name is Sunday, u once advised me about getting accommodation in ovgu. I’m a prospective student for this summer . I sent you a PM now, hoping we can share contact. I don’t have anyone there, I just need advice on some few things, since I’m also a PSEE prospective student. Thanks

Ps: I got the accommodation through the student union, thanks for the advice
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
Sundaaaaay:

Hello brother, my name is Sunday, u once advised me about getting accommodation in ovgu. I’m a prospective student for this summer . I sent you a PM now, hoping we can share contact. I don’t have anyone there, I just need advice on some few things, since I’m also a PSEE prospective student. Thanks

Ps: I got the accommodation through the student union, thanks for the advice
Congrats bro. I will share you my contact once i retrieve my the email i used in opening my Nairaland account.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Sundaaaaay: 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2020
Gaddafithe2nd:

Congrats bro. I will share you my contact once i retrieve my the email i used in opening my Nairaland account.
Thanks brother.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Victorex001(m): 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Gaddafithe2nd:
I read on this thread someone said, houses are cheaper in East Germany. If I could be paying €245 Euro per month for a 3 room shared apartment in Magdeburg, Germany and I have colleagues paying €300 per month for rent. That is not cheap.
Secondly, do not believe all information here. I could remember, before going to OVGU Magdeburg. A lot of people said, there are no jobs.
In few days time, I will be signing a second contract with another job agency.

My advice is, ask those people living in the city of your destination questions about the current situation. Do not rely on old information.

Hello. Good day, I just sent you a PM if you don’t mind.
I’m in contact with OVG Magdeburg, for a Chemical processing related course...I’ll like to hear your experience about idea about visa renewals...I’m worried about needing another 4.3m Block account to renew visa like ppl mentioned here..

Your message about signing your second job contract is really really positive and breathe of fresh hair.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soonest.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by firdawsos: 12:55am On Mar 04, 2020
heilige:

What the hell do you want to look for in former east Germany?
Advice don't live there, just only go visiting or drive through, anyways this does not apply to the whole of eastern German.

Block Account for International students in Germany ����

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuaHkUyL2e0

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Myatunbi(f): 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
Didi2d:
I am presently a forklift operator in one of the food manufacturing company in agbara. I need a link in Germany

Hello send a mail to jobswithmo@gmail.com Ive a very good opportunity for a Forklift Driver
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Didi2d(m): 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
Myatunbi:

Hello send a mail to jobswithmo@gmail.com Ive a very good opportunity for a Forklift Driver

OK mam,
Please, just a mail or my CV
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Deltayankeeboi: 8:43pm On May 17, 2020
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by novelbuks(m): 1:41am On Dec 20, 2020
Good day house. Please I want to know if I can get direct admission for an engineering master's program in Germany, with CGPA of 2.7 in civil engineering, thanks. Environmental Engineering is my option.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by olutosyne: 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2021
styles2009:

false info
I study,work (4yrs plus)and don't get extra money from anyone from naija and got a lovely mum i support, all na preparation and the Key na German language profiency and God's favor, make sure you dey speak before you come, that work wey you dey find, you go get am and work tire sef.
Do you have any skill? painter,bricklayer,carpentary?? nevertheless, learn German for 7months -1yr before you come and thank me later,when you reach here cos you go need am for both manual and later your professonnal carrier.
cheers

If you ignore the bolded, no man go tell you cos work go dey pass you, shocked sad angry

what skill can a lady go with?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by styles2009: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2021
olutosyne:

All jobs are open to both genders here, I've seen female truck drivers, painters, bus drivers etc, I hope you get the gist now?
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Albertone(m): 9:25am On Jun 24, 2021
olutosyne:

Hian!
You want to japa and leave us here angry

I love the seas
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by ogbesvee(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
Boss abeg can I have your contact ? I really do love this your write up..just the truth... I need you to put me through also.. I will check back to copy it or u can bring up a better way u prefer we talk if dropping contacts here aint safe... Am osas
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Exodora: 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Davidflight:

You must have a German Residency Permit and your course must last at least 1 year. You can bring your wife along. However, it is important you go and establish first. Familiarize yourself with the terrain, get a job, rent an apartment and settle. Afterward, you can invite your wife.

Needless to add that your Court Marriage certificate is sacrosanct for your wife's visa application.

Good luck.

To whom it may concern:

Obiasogu David (Davidflight) is a Professional Content Marketer vast in Travel, Freelancing and Career.

I studied German language in the university , do I still need any certification exam " Zertifikat Deutsch " before I can I apply on any of German scholarship .
Though once wrote the exam and i passed only the oral exam but now the form is very expensive and I don't know if I will be needing any of it since I already graduated .
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Exodora: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2021
bamdexfarms:
Nice write up, however some of your points are not valid anymore.
1. The current amount for blocked account has increased to 10,500€.
2. Houses in East Germany are cheaper and more affordable. However lesser jobs.
3. It's very important that you learn German even before you arrive here. Learn it up to A1 level at least else you may be frustrated. Most of the less stressful and lucrative jobs may require you to speak German to a certain level.
4. If you have a choice, avoid East Germany.
Do I still need to take their certification exam, i graduated with a B.A in German language already. Once wrote the exam and passed the oral part and now the exam is very expensive , don't know if is compulsory that I take it "Zertifikat Deutsch"
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by 4evaurs: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2022
Hi guys,
Wishing everyone a stress free year.

Is there anyone here who is already living & studying with her child in Germany?
Perhaps anyone who knows of such individual?

A colleague needs advice with respect to raising a child while studying and working.

Responses here or via email will be highly appreciated.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Snitch24(m): 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Davidflight:
The cost of living in Germany is nearly 100% higher than it is in Nigeria. But before you get panicky read on.

Good day boss
Thank you very much for this Great write up
I'm hoping to migrate to Germany through student visa but the education is nt really the objective I just want to go there and Start a new life what would you advise
How much exactly will cover up for all the cost plus school fees visa application fees cost of transport feeding for at least two months etc
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Legendrysailor(m): 11:50am On Apr 04, 2022
nwigwemark:
I wonder where you got all these averages you are quoting, any way I can see Google in action in your write up. For me I spend about 350€ monthly in accommodation, transport and feeding. We don't buy books here and I don't buy clothes monthly. Next time I will advise you to interview people who are on ground and don't just rely on Google.
God bless us

Good day bro sorry for disturbing u, pls bro will 10 million naira be enough for me to study a master's degree course in Germany, and pls I plan on learning German language because I want to stay in Germany permanently, is it possible for me to stay in Germany permanently after my studies

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.