Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (70333 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by ridbell01(m): 9:49am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help
see my brother let me just say this Nigeria is a bad country no doubt but just get a fertile land get all necessary paper fence it and plant cash crops with that 3 million will do that and you will thank me after 10 years. your children and grandchildren will pay for you
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by dominique(f): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2020
This 20m looks like a one off cash that you managed to lay your hands on, most likely not legally. If you worked hard to legally earn that money, you will keep working to earn more and certainly won't come online and ask what to do.

... i feel this 20 million naira is GOD answering my prayers.

Sorry, GOD doesn't answer prayers with illegally gotten money. If the money is as a result of somebody's sweat and tears, you will never yield anything positive with it regardless where you choose to spend it.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by mukthar2000(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2020
Guy let me show u ways and systers how u can enter farm were u can be buying full lorry of local rice and sell it in ur state and some part of lagos, pls forget travelling for now my able brother, Trump was a very big problem for now, American embasssy are very hot now.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Obynolee(f): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2020
nigeriainfo:

Hello, Let me advise you and I want to tell you nothing but the truth. I am here now in the United States presently and I am really advising you to stay back In Nigeria and invest that money in Nigeria. I am telling you this because I know what is actually going on here. Please stay back in Nigeria. Thank you and please heed my advice for your own good

You end up not saying anything, all I can see is someone who is not happy with someone success(hater) and I put it to you that you're looking for someone who will traffic you to Europe via Libya.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by shogsman(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Why are you such a liar? What about Americans that live on $400/month welfare? That money is a lot even to a middle class American.
See the crap you're saying, so is he an american?.do you know the huddles and expenses that comes with migration. You're comparing him to the people that are in their home country
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by GreenArrow1(m): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2020
sKeetz:
wait till you get 20 mill and start your business then we can talk.

okay.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by shogsman(m): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2020
Obynolee:

You end up not saying anything, all I can see is someone who is not happy with someone success(hater) and I put it to you that you're looking for someone who will traffic you to Europe via Libya.
Someone just drop his own advise and you're here saying crap about him,if you don't buy into his idea simply move on and have some respect.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 22, 2020
DAVE5:

I think it's very clear the guy has no such funds in his account

Someone advices him to start biz with the money, then he asked the person which biz, how did he get 20million in the first place

If he really hustle legit to get the 20milla, I don't expect him to be asking which biz he should start with 20milla

I started biz with 10k, plus plenty side hustle, we save up till the money could start a bigger biz
Dangote was worth more than that at that age. Read about him. He didn't even have an OND then.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by osazuwa23: 9:55am On Feb 22, 2020
Bros as fellow edo brother only thing i can tell that America is country where you need to hit the ground running hard asw soon as you immigrate. If you fall behind on your bills it affects you credit score. if you want to buy house or car our anything you need a good credit score for the bank to dash you a loan. It not like nigeria where you can pay upfront unless you making close to 70,000 dollars annually . In america everything is all about bills taxes and you also have to pay for healthcare. America is a good place economically the sky the limit here but socially it not like naija especially if your non european which is the most important factor for me if a decide to pick a western country to live in. Also amerida good when it comes to 401k medical and dental benefits

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please help[/quote]
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 9:55am On Feb 22, 2020
I have two advice for you and it borders on owning the property that you live in. whatever decision you make make sure it involves buying your house because that is the only rest of mind you will finnd in this life. if you go abroad there rent over there will finish your money. what youpay for one year as rent in naija is what they pay per month. so if you decide to go to america go to an impoverished state where you can buy house for 10,000 dollars. cash down for the house and then you can start your life abraod rent free. and if you decide to stay in naija go and build or buy a house with that money and then use the rest to hussle. DO NOT GOO ABROAD AND BE TRYING TO PAY RENT OOO ? YA MONEY WILL FINISH
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by chocolatelady(f): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2020
I must say that u are blessed that at 25years, u have 20million in your account. Though I dont know the kind of business u do . But thats very good if the business is legitimate. I will advice u to split the money into 2, invest some in Nigeria like buying shares of good companies also u have to get a good broker that will be monitoring the shares for u so as to pull ur money once the shares are about to crash to avoid losing money. Then as regards to schooling in USA , I will advice u go to UK for school. U can migrate as a graduate to USA , maybe to do ur masters. It is better this way becos going to USA as undergraduate may not be easy as u see it. Thats why I profer u go to UK first. U can be schooling and be doing small small jobs to make ends meet. As for ur siblings, I admire the way u have them in your mind which is highly commendable . But first of all sort urself out and then take care of them later. I also advice u not to go through all these agents for VISA to avoid stories. Do it urself and God will crown ur effort. Above all pray very hard for divine direction. May the Good Lord guide in making the right decision, amen.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Scamperlee(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2020
Bro, you wan go USA go squander 20M. Try and think wisely on a good business you can invest part of it on in this country and can fetch you multiple of your investment. If you don't mind you can borrow me like 1 million out of it and i will return it after a year because i am a talented artist but not financially buoyant and i have like two businesses in my mind that i believe can turn me to a millionaire.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2020
Softmojo:

He didn't say he won a jackpot.

He said his hustle paid off.

Some from that side see bet9ja as hustle
So you never can tell.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Obynolee(f): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Nice but what type of business?

But sincerely, part of the reason why i want to leave is safety of my life and my sanity.

I want my future kids to come into the world in a sane environment with top class Education.

I feel with me in the USA, i will be opening doors and opportunity for my siblings which are in school right now.

One of my sisters is studying as a nurse, i want her to work in USA as a professional Nurse and i feel with me establishing myself there, if will be possible.

I don't think about myself only, as the eldest child and son, i want the best life for my siblings, so my parents will be proud of me, i want my parents to visit me freely In USA and i feel this 20 million naira is GOD answering my prayers.

Hope you understand?

Have all these guys shouting, "stay and invest in Nigeria", mentioned one business you can invest here?,you have a good plans for yourself, siblings and your future kids.Relocate, I repeat relocate ASAP.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by 2eggs1goal: 9:57am On Feb 22, 2020
If you can get and bank 20 million in ur account in a state like Benin at 25 years legally o, I don’t think you be asking of advice on relocation to us..

Something fishy about the op

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by PicLtd: 9:58am On Feb 22, 2020
This site is a marketplace of advise. All shades of people, from all kinds of background giving all kinds of advices, ranging from the dumbest to the most cerebral advice the human mind can ever imagine.

Laughable!
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2020
20 million at 25? Even me as a graduate is struggling to have up to 2million in my account as a graduate at 30. Abeg, which business did u do? Or which type of hustle did u do? Now I know I am far far far far behind

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Eteka1(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2020
Start importing used cars from the US and sell them. Go for fast selling models e.g Toyota Corolla, matrix, Camry etc. Start small small and then expand when you have learned.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by horpigee1(m): 10:00am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Sincerely i am interested in any legal way of leaving the country.

As long as my stay in USA is legal, then I'm fulfilled in life.

I feel the school in USA will be more easier route.

But as long as I'm the USA, i have no problem, I'm an hustler and i can make big money legally in USA because i believe in myself.

Part of why i want to go to USA is that I'm a music writer and lover, i can sing very very well but i just have to drop music and focus on making money all these years.

But i know in the USA, even if i don't sing, i write songs very well and as a member of a drama group in school, i can act very well.

So i feel USA can give me the opportunity to explore my talent.
I can sell the songs i write.
bruh I'm a good writer too, I gat some badder lyrics here.. abeg bro link me up
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by osazuwa23: 10:00am On Feb 22, 2020
Akon said it best in a interview we can make fortune 500 companies in africa in under five years which is something that took european 100 years to do but are african leaders are to wicked
Scamperlee:
Bro, you wan go USA go squander 20M. Try and think wisely on a good business you can invest part of it on in this country and can fetch you multiple of your investment. If you don't mind you can borrow me like 1 million out of it and i will return it after a year because i am a talented artist but not financially buoyant and i have like two businesses in my mind that i believe can turn me to a millionaire.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 10:02am On Feb 22, 2020
authenticality:
Your story doesn't add up, you can't have 20mil at 25yrs and be so clueless. Did you steal the money?

Bet9ja Money is what I'm suspecting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by UrVillagePpl: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:

smiley

Split your money into two, invest half into stocks of a very stable company, NB , MTN, FirstBank, GTB etc and use the rest to relocate to US and start your new hustling, if you can make 20 million hustling in Nigeria, chances are you would make 100 million in US because US is for smart thinkers and not dull people.. incase if things don't work out in US you can always fall back to your 10million naira stock

PS: before listening to people telling you to do business, 90% of all start ups in Nigeria don't survive the 3 years mark, forex changes, bad government policy, fraudulent staffs and all would finish your capital

@ OP
Continue the business that gave u this 20 million for 2 to 3 years then do what @ =itsme01 said.
Good luck
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by osazuwa23: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2020
i would invest in a business in naija and then save money to leave nigeria
Scamperlee:
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nwachineke1980: 10:08am On Feb 22, 2020
O ride had $5m but look at what the government did to him. You can only stay in Nigeria if you have one big politician as your chairman. I will advise you to go to America and use the same hustling skill over there and then come back to Nigeria after 10 years, the sky will be your limit. I had a classmate, who spent 9 years in the university and came out with a pass. This guy went to the states after 2 years and he is presently a lecturer in one of the public universities. He is doing very well and better than more than 50% of our classmates.If you stay in Nigeria and become successful, you will either become a target for kidnappers, arm robbers or government regulators.
Make hay while the sun shines.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by emanobis(m): 10:10am On Feb 22, 2020
Just look for one Textile company in China, dump like 15million for them, they will keep supplying you with their materials till they over supply the cash.
What again is your primary objective of being a graduate.
You can still continue with your education while your business is booming in the background.
You have to pay for consultation oo.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

Please help
how did you make so much @ 25? Asking fo a friend
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by shineeye1: 10:12am On Feb 22, 2020
With #20M in Nigeria, you still have no guarantee of a good future if you venture further into business. I tell you of a life guarantee that is compatible with your dream: go to USA and continue your studies in a course you love and got talents for. The time of your convenient study there is sufficient to understand your new base and find your bearings rightly. You can never regret that..!
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by SenecaTheYonger: 10:13am On Feb 22, 2020
shogsman:

See the crap you're saying, so is he an american?.do you know the huddles and expenses that comes with migration. You're comparing him to the people that are in their home country

Baba people travel with less than $20k. C'mon naaaa
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Successdude(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

Please help

Bro if education is so much thought about by you, go for it and yes, abroad. You stand a great chance ..... God ll help you much
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:14am On Feb 22, 2020
Michellekabod2:

You celebrate mediocrity....if he said he has just 1000 in his account will you ask how the 1000 came about?
Leave him alone

VERY ENVIOUS PEOPLE.
TRUST ME MORE THAN HALF OF A MILLION PEOPLE ARE ALREADY IN HIS EMAIL WITH ALL MANNER OF FORMAT TO DUPE HIM AND TAKE HIS MONEY.
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by shineeye1: 10:15am On Feb 22, 2020
emanobis:
Just look for one Textile company in China, dump like 15million for them, they will keep supplying you with their materials till they over supply the cash.
What again is your primary objective of being a graduate.
You can still continue with your education while your business is booming in the background.
You have to pay for consultation oo.

Wetin do Nigerian textile company? We wan learn o
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Successdude(m): 10:16am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

Please help

Please I need just one thing from you : advice me on how to save ....

Just just on the surface but really what enabled you save ....

That, you can be of help to me with.. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Outrage As Police Vehicle Runs Over Handcuffed Man In Edo (Pic) / Sinkhole Appears In The Middle Of A Road In Ogbor Hill, Aba, After Heavy Rain / UK Truck Driver Who Killed 3 People While Watching Porn Gives A Tearful Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.