Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (70054 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by christlux(m): 9:18am On Feb 22, 2020
Bro cash out now before ur bet ticket go cut oo
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Solatium(m): 9:19am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
what kind of business?

The same business you realized the said proceed

6 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Ronnygold(f): 9:19am On Feb 22, 2020
I will advise you go for your Bsc program in Canada, that money is more than enough, after graduation, you can stay back and work there. Your unborn children will be forever grateful to you.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by DAVE5(m): 9:20am On Feb 22, 2020
ekwerendi:

Unless that...

Unless that he's a yahoo boy?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by MidEastPrince: 9:20am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Nice but what type of business?

But sincerely, part of the reason why i want to leave is safety of my life and my sanity.

I want my future kids to come into the world in a sane environment with top class Education.

I feel with me in the USA, i will be opening doors and opportunity for my siblings which are in school right now.

One of my sisters is studying as a nurse, i want her to work in USA as a professional Nurse and i feel with me establishing myself there, if will be possible.

I don't think about myself only, as the eldest child and son, i want the best life for my siblings, so my parents will be proud of me, i want my parents to visit me freely In USA and i feel this 20 million naira is GOD answering my prayers.

Hope you understand?

Hello Brodapounds,

With all due respect, it is not a good idea to ask strangers for advice considering you’re about to make a life changing decision. I am based in Germany and tbh, it isn’t rosy anywhere in the world, especially for immigrants. But, Europe and any other first class country is better than Nigeria by a million years distance.

Brother, even with the 20m, you’re a sickness away from being broke. Think of your kids (as you’ve said). Does Nigeria have health insurance if things aren’t going well? What safety measures is the government putting in place for its citizens? Kidnapping and robbery are still the order of the day! Police harassment nko?

In Germany, there is racism. I am the first to admit that. But the police and the government here will stand by you if you ever make an official report. The community of people here are sane people. They might not like you, but they will tolerate you. There is compulsory health insurance for every resident. The infrastructures here? You can’t stay in Nigeria bro.

Now, you will make a decision. Not for yourself or your siblings, but for your future kids. I won’t tell you what that decision should be.

I’ll tell you one last thing. A year or two back, I lost a very dear friend to the petrol tanker explosion at Otedola bridge, Lagos.

He was in his own car!

He works in prestigious firm and makes about half a million monthly!

Nigeria killed him so easily.

I pray for you to make the best decision for your future. Amen.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by IamHonourable1: 9:21am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
what kind of business?

The kind of business that made you earn 20 million naira at 25 years.Or are you suggesting you didn't involve yourself in legitimate business?

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by MrGerald(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
what sort of goods?

By the way, with the corruption of the NIGERIA immigration system, it's difficult to go into importation without the frustration of immigration.
Nothing concerns immigration and importation, or you trying to say customs?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by ibietela2(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2020
That's just $55, 000 which is very small to be utilized in a country like US.

better stay here, and put the money in real estate

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by idsamoo(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help
Go and invest in student hostel .

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Youngzubi(m): 9:22am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please help

Good morning to you.

I'll go straight to the point. I have some business ideas for you bro, forget about traveling to America as that will only make you go broke, stranded and fill your heart with regrets in matter of time. America would've been a very good option for you to go and further your education but you don't have a backup I meant a sponsor who would cater for some of your needs, what you have is just a rounded up sum of money which won't increase by the day instead diminish gradually in expenses. thank God you already had an ND. if you could hustle and save up to 20 million naira at the age of 25 believe me sir business Is your calling, all you need is a good advisor who has more experience than you, someone who would direct you and can actually give strategic plans on how to utilize money. education is good and for me you've already acquired enough of it that can take you to any level you want in business.

For business to survive in Nigeria now it requires adequate resource, connection and more, I would advise you to try other smaller African countries where cost of living is minimal and has lot of business opportunities like Togo. Togo might sound awkward to some people but I have been there and had seen things for myself, togo as a very small country doesn't have much resources mostly they earn their revenue by taxation and importation charges, they have very large sea that people import huge number of containers par day. their government took importation very serious due to the amount of revenue they generate from there, there's nothing like seized containers except if they found country bound items in it. Nigerians there are really making it big most especially our igbo brothers who imports containers both from China, Australia, Malaysia, Spain etc, in fact half of togo population are igbos and yorubas with little number of other neighboring countries. and one good thing about importing items in togo is that there are standby buyers willing and pleading to buy your items off immediately it's been cleared off at the sea port, they have fore men who are in charge of selling your imported goods to save you the stress of seeking for buyers. If you wish to know how different business runs there indicate by quoting this reply I will drop my whatsapp number so that I can explain more. there is opportunity for everyone there apart from OP. people that work in warehouse there at where imported goods are being sorted get payment of 6000F approximately 3,500 naira daily and they work 4 days in a week so you see people are making it out there on daily basis. anyone can hustle there and become somebody in life instead of sitting back here in Nigeria and blame buhari.

feel free to ask me questions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Greystone: 9:22am On Feb 22, 2020
Viktorino:
Bro,go to canada.That money is nothing in USA.

Thank u very much.
My biggest problem with naija is the insecurity.
U can’t be doing well and living well and not become a victim of armed robbery, kidnap or both.
The earliest opportunity i get to leave this country is the one I’m taking.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by GeneralPula: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2020
Angy55:

My advise for you is to stay back and invest that money in business.

I would suggest treasury bill for you. You make your cool cash every 3 months .

Mind you treasury bill is not crypto.

Crypto is Berra..
wink

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by DAVE5(m): 9:23am On Feb 22, 2020
authenticality:
Your story doesn't add up, you can't have 20mil at 25yrs and be so clueless. Did you steal the money?

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by mimiolajire007(f): 9:24am On Feb 22, 2020
Traveling out has its negative and positive impact. You really don't have to travel to US, there are many other countries you can travel to. My advise, travel out, focus only on the positive not on other people negative opinion. Enroll in a university, be good at what you do over there and it will open doors for you.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:24am On Feb 22, 2020
You are not important as a Nigerian and your life is worth little to your government. An American's life is very important to their government and other country's government around the world.

I would like for my life to have value.

The negative impact of travelling to the US outweighs the positive impact of staying in Nigeria. If you are disciplined, and I'm sure you are, you will get a green card.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by IamHonourable1: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2020
You must be a funny dude to be asking if you're to be in Nigeria or travel to USA when you didn't seek for advice as per whether you should continue your HND or hustle first.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by iCauseTrouble: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2020
9JAFULLBREED:
Who told u 20m is nothing abroad? shocked

Oga, That is just $55k. It will finish just in a year or two while still trying to settle down

4 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by SavageMaster: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2020
nigeriainfo:

Hello, Let me advise you and I want to tell you nothing but the truth. I am here now in the United States presently and I am really advising you to stay back In Nigeria and invest that money in Nigeria. I am telling you this because I know what is actually going on here. Please stay back in Nigeria. Thank you and please heed my advice for your own good

Wow! I can feel a note of regret in your voice.
Is America really that bad?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by PotatoSalad(m): 9:27am On Feb 22, 2020
Happiestman1:

So every guy who makes millions at young age is a yahoo boy ?.. I make 15 million in 2019 alone from Youtube. Right from the comfort of my house.
Free the guy abeg grin
Hardship don dey mess up our judgement
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Emmymarvel(m): 9:27am On Feb 22, 2020
The first question here is, what business did you do to have that 20m, why do you also wanna abandone a job or business that made you a millionaire at a young age. Because for me, i don't see why I wanna abandoned a job or business that is giving me millions and run to a no man's land and start all over. Except you got tru illegal means.
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

Please help

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by fk002: 9:27am On Feb 22, 2020
seanwilliam:
shallow brain... so any guy from Benin is automatically a Yahoo boy? That you know sabi think smart and fast on how to make money doesn't mean others should follow ur league na.. hana

Yes, a 25 year old Benin boy from a poor home without any business at hand and has such amount of money is a yahoo boy. A confirm Yahoo boy.

Had it been the OP has a legitimate business he wouldn't ask for such advice he will continue with his business.

9 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:27am On Feb 22, 2020
iCauseTrouble:

Oga, That is just $55k. It will finish just in a year or two while still trying to settle down

Why are you such a liar? What about Americans that live on $400/month welfare? That money is a lot even to a middle class American.

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 9:29am On Feb 22, 2020
fk002:

Yes, a 25 year old Benin boy from a poor home without any business at hand and has such amount of money is a yahoo boy. A confirm Yahoo boy.

Had it been the OP has a legitimate business he wouldn't ask for such advice he will continue with his business.

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by WinForever(m): 9:29am On Feb 22, 2020
mtinfx:
Well I went into fractional share trading with my 1 M in 2017 and since then iboro oyigbo no sweet me again to go grin
Na only holidays I fit go there

Please, enlighten us on this Fractional share trading!
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by miketayo(m): 9:29am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

Please help

Even if u have 200 million, for ur sanity and ur future kids leave the country..but I would advise u go-to Canada, get a permanent residence there then u can try d US
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by osazuwa23: 9:30am On Feb 22, 2020
The only job in america that most africans are doing here are menial jobs dont let people fool you and say that loads of nigerian are doing tehc jobs because that is a lie and the percentage of nigerian working in facebook linkedln and twitter is only about 4percent. I am not trying to discourage you that it not possible but most tech jobs are filled with indians asians and whites while africans are mostly recruiters
LegendHero:
20million is just $56,600.

With a master degree in STEM in USA, you will make that money in 6-7 month before tax.

If you have a sure way of leaving Nigeria to either Canada or USA, you better take the chances now.

Facebook for example give signing bonus ranging from $56,000 - $100,000. Let me paraphrase this, it means when you get a job from Facebook, they pay you this amount for just agreeing to work for them.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by iCauseTrouble: 9:30am On Feb 22, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Why are you such a liar? What about Americans that live on $400/month welfare? That money is a lot even to a middle class American.
What's the percentage of Americans that live with the amount you mentioned?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Newyam: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2020
Op, beware of people wey dey send you PM by now. Some of them understand this your thread as a Will you have written for the 20m. And them want collect their share. Some girls go send you PM advising you on how getting married to them will be the best investment with ROI of 4 children in 4 years.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by BlackManta(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2020
Nixxxx:
Are you a yahoo boy how did you get 30million at 25

How old was Mark Zuckerberg when he made his first $1m
Does he have two heads

How is 20m an illegitimate and incredulous amount of money for a 25 year old Nigerian....a 25 year old who has been hustling for not less than 5 years undecided
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2020
Don't make a mistake of investing your hard earned money on foreign education. I could see you're a young and talented guy. Let me share with you a brief story of my life. I'm a polytechnic graduate , not because poly was the only option. My course of study was better studied in the polytechnic because only 2 universities in Nigeria were offering my chosen course as of 1996 and they were far away from the south west. my parents didnt want me to be too far away.

That said, i graduated and got employed after my nysc, first in a renown pharmaceutical company and later in a telecom firm after which I established my business as I was tired of working for people. I started with only 600k which I saved from my earnings. Today, my business is worth over 4m USD. We are prominent in the health sector, up to the neighbouring countries of Togo and Benin republic. .

You are such a lucky guy with such impressive funds in your account. I'd advise you plough back the money in your business. No matter how sure your travel agent is, he is not the visa officer whom would approve your visa. Once you get refused, the best he can do is encourage you to try again, citing all manners of sweet stories...except your agent guarantees 100% refund of your money in case you're not successful with your visa applications and none of them can ever do this, so don't dare.

There are viable areas in which you could invest in Edo. I served in ekiadolor in those days as a youth corper, 2001 to be precise. Your land is very good for growing rice, which is hot cake in Nigeria today. You could also invest in vegetable farming. Get the necessary orientation and you'd be glad you did. i have a friend who plants only ugwu in benue. He transports it in trucks to lagos and he is a big boy now. Any legitimate business that could fetch one up to 20m naira in capital is a promising one so, I'd advise you continue in that line, alternatively.

After my poly education, I invested on myself by obtaining trainings abroad on my own. My first country of visit was USA. I sponsored my training programme then. prior to that time, i had not been to any country. Those trainings were relevant to my career. I refused to go for master's degree even though i had the money. I've garnered over 10 training certificates from renown firms globally, including new horizons computer learning centers in USA before one guy brought the franchise to Nigeria. You too can stand tall. Degrees don't translate into money my brother.
The one i had over there was later obtained to boost my resume, not to seek employment. Even in the US, job is scarce for graduates. Ideas now rule the world and not degree certificates. This is an opportunity of a lifetime, utilize it. Courtesy of my business, ive been to virtuality all the western countries. I had the opportunity of meeting with USA president a few years ago. I was the only one invited in the whole of black africa, 2 of us from Africa. A guy was also invited from south Africa. No single Nigerian was cited in that gathering of over 1000 people invited from over 100 countries globally except me...no senator, no governor, no minister from nigeria. The event took place at the daughters of American revolution hall in Washington Dc. At your convenience, you may further your studies on a part time basis just to boost your resume in case you might wish to contest for governorship tomorrow in your state grin and not for the sake of seeking employment.

I have a friend called Ngozi who went to the UK to study law. When she finished she stayed back, no jobs and she decided to venture into what she had a flair for....fashion. she opened a website and posted different designs on it while in the UK. Customers in the diaspora who are always too busy to see a tailor would place their orders and they must pay 100% in advance. Now, ngozi makes up to 2000 punds monthly in profit, from the comfort of her apartment in the UK. Her story has inspirired many. She would send clothes and measurements to her tailor in Lagos to sew for her customers. Her sibling in surulere would package the clothe and send to the customer abroad by courier. Ngozi didn't have a single sewing machine. Her tailor in Nigeria would do all the wahala. She first started with one tailor and now She has 2. The 2 of them are always busy all the year round , doing only Ngozi's work. They work round the clock. Now she's planning to open a fashion line in London.

Please think wisely . I see you as one of the billionaires of the future generation. All the best

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by gmacnoms(m): 9:33am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Please help
25years with 20m I d account. You advise us
How did you get to that level?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.