Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (70088 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Dextre(m): 11:43am On Feb 22, 2020
Cvesta:

Was it easy here to Have made that 20m? Hell no. He is a young man.. Let him go out and explore America. Heck with 6m of that money he can go to Germany and study comfortably and still have change

Well for study,it's not much of a bad idea. But my opinion still stands
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 22, 2020
flexyrule:
Don't mind him. Audio N20 million.
Before you can have N20 million cash in your bank account, you must have made/taken decisions that far outweighs the kindergarten question OP is asking us. Except of course if the N20 million was gotten through fraudlent means, in that case Na only the real owner of the N20 million know wetin e be been wan use hin N20 million do.

An elderly lady who is a friend of mine. Has same questions to ask on 50m back then, we advised real estate. She was a contractor. She put it into real estate and built 9 units of 2 beds in which she get 900k per flat per annum, not bad
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Some people are fortunate o. I know a 21 year old kiddo that makes 2m+ monthly and you'd be surprised what he does. He plays PUBG on his phone and post the videos on YouTube. Money plenty, him no know wetin to do with am other than lavish lifestyle grin

Lol and I play pubg for free when am not working cheesy
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by smudge2079(m): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2020
If you were really able to make 20Mill legit, you don't need anyone' s advise on the next step. Selah

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by nigeriainfo: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2020
infini771:
I just need 5 million and this my local rice business will be taken to the real next level
can I partner with you by investing 5million Naira?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by kuuljay(m): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2020
[quote author=Brodapounds post=86853509] what kind of business?[/quote 10 Milla can give you a good mini rice mill
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by bdon123(m): 11:45am On Feb 22, 2020
Anybody that advices anybody to remain in naija is ignorant.Its not just abt going abroad to make money,its abt having a quality life.I want to give my kids and siblings another citizenship of a country that cares for them.I am not looking to be extremely rich,i just want quality healthcare,safety of life and property,good roads that are not death traps.
Let me ask u guys something,what is the life expectancy age of Nigerians.My bother most nigerians dont live beyond 40.If police does not kill u by accident,boko boys will,or bad roads will or soemthing very silly that shouldnt happen will.It doesnt matter how much u have in naija we are all not safe and the same bullshit eveywhere.LEAVE NAIJA IF YOU CAN LEGITIMATELY to a very strong country
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 11:45am On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:

Very funny. If you’re in the USA and you’re saying this, all I can tell you is to get out of a dead career field and go into something that pays.
not everyone in the USA has papers to do legiit work. you do know that dont you?

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Finelinks: 11:48am On Feb 22, 2020
SaintLucia:
#10 million is a lot of money for someone that want to start any business in Nigeria not to talk of #20million. I've never been to America but I've been to several countries in Europe, Southeast Asia, Middle east and I can tell you that life is not that easy especially with visit or tourist visa. Living condition in those countries is expensive. Invest your money here and don't listen to all these children that are currently living under the roof of their parents on nairaland, they don't have any responsibility. You see that America or Europe, u can still go there when you are self sufficient cos by then embassies go dey nack you visa when you have reputable investment to point at cos they will know you are not going to their country to become an illegal immigrant.

What type of business could that be?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Finelinks: 11:50am On Feb 22, 2020
FryMosquito:
Nobody want stay this country again.. Well, I will advice if you have a reliable travel agent you can give it a trial. There's business I would want you to start when you reach USA, inform me when you finally entered and I will tell you,not now.
Can you give a clue please?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by bdon123(m): 11:50am On Feb 22, 2020
orunmila144:
so let me get this correct, you say you have over 20 million naira in your account but you want to run away from nigeria ? what is wrong with you ? go to lekki and buy a house in a gated community 24 7 security and electricity and free water for 20 million and your kids can play inn the beautiful gardens and have other friends of well to do people to play with. then you can use the remaining money to start a business for your wife while you continue to work. but because you have myopia you want to take your kid back to post-brexit britain where the right wing is rising and racial crimes is increasing and NIGGER is being scribblled everywhere ? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN ? YOU WANT YOUR KID TO GROW UP FEELING LIKE AN INFERIOR HUMAN BEING ? WHEN HE CAN BE IN LEKKI ENJOYING LIFE IN GATED COMMUNITY ? WALAHI YOUR HEAD NEED OILL CHANGE
As i said its ignorance that makes people like u talk like this....i lived abroad so many years.My brother try thinking outside the box.Own 200 houses in naija u are still no safe.U will still not live a quality life.You need to live only one month abroad to understand this.

3 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Cvesta(m): 11:50am On Feb 22, 2020
Dextre:

Well for study,it's not much of a bad idea. But my opinion still stands

Your opinion is not out of place but I am only encouraging him to at least try it. No point in. Being afraid of what you have not even tried. At best he can split his money into two just in case it doesn't work out. But via the study route, it is almost a guarantee he would study and become a better person while also having the potential to be of more impact to the society there or here if he chooses to return home
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by bdon123(m): 11:52am On Feb 22, 2020
Finelinks:

Can you give a clue please?
i will advice u not waste ur money on travel agents....they all after their pockets.Do a good research yourself and work things out.it isnt that difficult
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 11:52am On Feb 22, 2020
orunmila144:
and how many people in the USA have 60,000 dollars in their bank account ? less than .001 percent of the population. why do you nigerians have this penchant for talking big all the time ? its getting sickening. 60,000 dollars is a big amount for anyone to have in the USA. you can buy several houses in detroit or arkansas with 60.000 and start collecting rent from like 20 tenants
Having money in your bank account doing nothing is different from having it be your source of livelihood.

For an immigrant without a job and maybe a family. Who needs to pay rent or mortgage, pay for vehicle/s whether cash or financed, health insurance, feed himself and feed his family, pay kids either daycare fees or school supplies (I could go on) that money will disappear in no time. So he doesn’t really have it in his bank account. Versus in Nigeria where it’s truly in his bank account.

My advice is sound.

Him and his partner (if he has one) need to find a job as soon as they get to the USA that will give them steady income and cover health insurance. That’s the only way he can say he has such money in his bank account.
If it’s his money for sustaining himself when he travels, then it’s money in the wind.

I wonder why you’re upset.

If Americans don’t have 60k in their bank account, they have a job that pays the equivalent or more of that so their case is different from his case.

Buy several houses indeed cheesy.
With no credit history and no backing? So only the down payment is what home sellers want right?
You realize the rent will have to pay for the mortgage since his 60k can only cover down payment. And then what? Where’s the source of sustenance? The $400 he will make in profit after paying the bank their mortgage.

The only person buying a house or houses with 60k is someone who already lives in the USA, has a job and a credit history and can afford to only get the profit in addition to his or her full time job. Not a new immigrant.

So it’s really nothing in his situation. Calm down

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Dextre(m): 11:53am On Feb 22, 2020
Cvesta:

Your opinion is not out of place but I am only encouraging him to at least try it. No point in. Being afraid of what you have not even tried. At best he can split his money into two just in case it doesn't work out. But via the study route, it is almost a guarantee he would study tland become a better person while also having the potential to be of more impact to the society there or here if he chooses to return home

Well said.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by bdon123(m): 11:54am On Feb 22, 2020
smudge2079:
If you were really able to make 20Mill legit, you don't need anyone' s advise on the next step. Selah
i also agree with this statement lol really true
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2020
bdon123:

As i said its ignorance that makes people like u talk like this....i lived abroad so many years.My brother try thinking outside the box.Own 200 houses in naija u are still no safe.U will still not live a quality life.You need to live only one month abroad to understand this.
brother i have lived in the UK and the quality of life is appaling. most of you live in council houses, you have to pay to watch your own TV (tv license ), you cant park your car on the street or it will be towed if you dont pay road tax, you have to pay for water that is free, you have to pay council tax, you cant go out after a certain time because the street is full of gangs who will stab you with knife, or chavs who will stab you with knife lmaooo. AND THEN ON THE OTHER SIDE i have been to many gated communities in lekki and these people live like superstars. they have basketballcourts, swimming pool, the water is free, no council tax no TV license. come on bro the UK is an illusion. a bad one at that

7 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by OyebadeMikwhiz(m): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2020
Bro there is more u can archive in Nigeria than traveling abroad.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 11:56am On Feb 22, 2020
orunmila144:
not everyone in the USA has papers to do legiit work. you do know that dont you?
I’ll assume he’s planning on legal migration.

If not then his 60k is even less than what it would be worth at all if he’s legal. Because illegal migration means he can’t even get any benefits at all. Even Subsidized health insurance that low income earners get and they force the rest of us to pay into (topic for another day).

But Tell me again how he wants to buy house and collect rent grin

That’s why I don’t do these abroad versus naija threads. Too many airy argument angry

3 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Fortune109: 11:56am On Feb 22, 2020
Another promotional thread grin

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:

Having money in your bank account doing nothing is different from having it be your source of livelihood.

For an immigrant without a job and maybe a family. Who needs to pay rent or mortgage, pay for vehicle/s whether cash or financed, health insurance, feed himself and feed his family, pay kids either daycare fees or school supplies (I could go on) that money will disappear in no time. So he doesn’t really have it in his bank account. Versus in Nigeria where it’s truly in his bank account.

My advice is sound.

Him and his partner (if he has one) need to find a job as soon as they get to the USA that will give them steady income and cover health insurance. That’s the only way he can say he has such money in his bank account.
If it’s his money for sustaining himself when he travels, then it’s money in the wind.

I wonder why you’re upset.

If Americans don’t have 60k in their bank account, they have a job that pays the equivalent or more of that so their case is different from his case.

Buy several houses indeed cheesy.
With no credit history and no backing? So only the down payment is what home sellers want right?
You realize the rent will have to pay for the mortgage since his 60k can only cover down payment. And then what? Where’s the source of sustenance? The $400 he will make in profit after paying the bank their mortgage.

The only person buying a house or houses with 60k is someone who already lives in the USA, has a job and a credit history and can afford to only get the profit in addition to his or her full time job. Not a new immigrant.

So it’s really nothing in his situation. Calm down
ok all the expenses you put up there is for an established family. the guy will be going solo and will not be dealing with childcare and all that espense you put up there, and secondly who needs credit or mortgage to buy a house cash down ? thats what all these indians do when they go to detroit, they buy a whole street with less than 60,000 dollars. the street has like 30 houses and each house is selling for like 2000 each so with 60,000 dollars you buy the whole street and rent all 30 houses out. who is talking about mortgage or credit ? CASH BABY
and i stand by my point that 60,000 is a huge amount in america. at least white people who know the value of money will backk me up on that but you delusional nigerians who dont know the value of money and who all want to be the next dangote will think its small money. but its all in your mind. 60,000 will change any mans life in any country on this globe. its big money

4 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by kokomilala(m): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
@thesmallgod, yes,you're right. But only to some extent.I've managed some gyms and I know how they went. It's a knowledge-driven industry. And,once you strike a balance between the knowledge and the economics, you'll strike gold.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
Travel if you can do it legitimately.. but it will take nothing less than ten years to make your 20 million back..

The average westerner has less than 40k dollars savings in the bank.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Rumxy(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2020
I think you should go to European schools that have tuition free institutions for international students. All you have to do is pay about 5-6 mill into a block account over there which is still money for your upkeep. I would suggest Germany and Norway. The main issue is securing admission into their universities, if you can achieve that, then the visa process is easy and straightforward with 95% guarantee of securing visa unlike the USA.
Finally use about 10-12 mill to buy a property here in Naija that people can rent.

For now, student visa is the easiest way to guarantee your legal stay in any country for a long period of time.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
I’m starting to think that. Nairalanders like this type of thread cheesy
Fortune109:
Another promotional thread grin
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:

I’ll assume he’s planning on legal migration.

If not then his 60k is even less than what it would be worth at all if he’s legal. Because illegal migration means he can even get any benefits at all. Even Subsidized health insurance that low income earners get and they force the rest of us to pay into (topic for another day).

But Tell me again how he wants to buy house and collect rent grin

That’s why I don’t do these abroad versus naija threads. Too many airy argument angry
are you seriously asking how he wants to buy house and collect rent ? all these indians who come from india with 50,000 dollars in their hand go to michigan and on the first day they buy up a whole street with cash. now indians nearly own all of michigan. if you havve cash they will sell house for you cash down in america whhether you have papers or not. those houses in detroit are selling for 2000 each but you can rent them out and get 500 dollars a month in rent. there are many partsof america where you can buy a whole house for less than 2000 dollars. you do know that now dont you ? undecided

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
20m is 55,555 USD and 300,000 is 833.33 USD.

As a young man, you'd probably be thinking about the quickest way to double your money. Its not how much you have in your bank account now that should matter but how much you wanna have for yrs to come. So lets talk wealth and I will speak from what my life's experiences have taught me.

1) Take half of that money and put it in a foreign bank's savings account. There are loads eg Standard Chartered, Barclays, Citibank etc. I say "foreign" because your money would be easily accessible from any part of the country anytime in 4 yrs without stories.

2) invest in a degree course abroad, one that is very skill-based/ hands-on and not some shitty degree like business studies or PR. Something in IT, Engineering or Health. I would suggest you pick Europe because you would save a lot of money compared to the states. Holland is a good bet as its standards are very high and their employment/affiliation rate after graduation is very high. Most times you could get a job offer during your IT and sometimes a bidding war could go on btw companies if you are good eg Computer Engineering.
Upon graduation and securing a job, you annual salary begins at 50k to 60k euros plus benefits. If you choose to go to the US or canada, expect 80000 - 100000 upwards.

3) Note, by then your savings still exist in the bank, about 27k dollars.
With work, you can increase it to 50k to 60k after 1 yr.

4) this is your capital to make the right moves to make you wealthy. With that amount, you can choose to own or get into real estate, invest in foreign stocks and bonds, start up a business or own homes in capital cities in third world countries. You can even buy acres of land in poor countries and resell them to manufacturing or retail companies.

5) Save 15 percent of your income as you work for 5 yrs. And keep buying and reinvesting in things for your future.

6) Keep intelligent, hardworking and busy people around you all the time. Don't place your family (except you are married) on monthly salaries or constant financial help. Instead ask whoever it is what they really want to do for the rest of their life. Pay for them to acquire the skill then let them fly. When you constantly hand out money to family members, you are not helping them, you are just solving temporary problems and making them dependent on you. The day you stop giving, you become their enemy.
Nigerian families can destroy a man's future. Especially when it comes to excess financial responsibilities.

For example, you pay for someone's university up until graduation, the person graduates and has been unemployed for 5 yrs. What do you think that person will do next? Look for another financial help or another saviour. The Nigerian educational system breeds people to be dependent on men and not themselves. But imagine if I paid for a poor man to learn computer programming or welding for a yr. What do you think he would do when he graduates from his course. He would empower himself first by creating.

7. Read a lot of business and psychology books. Read biographies and watch a lot of business news

8. Invest in something and not someone....every yr

If you are poor in the 5th yr after trying all these, call me up so we could arrange where to meet so I could hit you with a hammer

Good luck!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by bdon123(m): 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2020
orunmila144:
brother i have lived in the UK and the quality of life is appaling. most of you live in council houses, you have to pay to watch your own TV (tv license ), you cant park your car on the street or it will be towed if you dont pay road tax, you have to pay for water that is free, you have to pay council tax, you cant go out after a certain time because the street is full of gangs who will stab you with knife, or chavs who will stab you with knife lmaooo. AND THEN ON THE OTHER SIDE i have been to many gated communities in lekki and these people live like superstars. they have basketballcourts, swimming pool, the water is free, no council tax no TV license. come on bro the UK is an illusion. a bad one at that
Reality is u are not used to paying tax and all.As i said if u wanna go abroad go legit and not asylum seeking.I once had the opportunity to remain in uk i rejected it and moved to naija to resume work.That was 2013 and today i regret it.I tot naija go better bt its all an illusion.When i hear u say live in lekki i just laugh...so u will remain all ur life in lekki u wont visit government parastatal or travel outside lag for anything?The naija way is d wrong mindset to train a child becos ur kids grow up thinking wit d wrong mindset.I hav managers in my company that quit n moved abroad within d last 2 years and this are guys 5 times richer than i am in naija.Bro we aint all stupid,there is no hope for naija and safety is my number 1 problem.Even chatting here giving some of u advice scares me becos i dont want one idiot to begin to wonder how to kidnap me instead of working hard

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.